Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81771 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#53530 May 29, 2012
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
(((Big Hugs))) I missed you guys! I finally have time to breathe and sleep again. I made it!!!!
I was not given an extension and so I put a pot of coffee on late Saturday night and got her done by the deadline! Then...I went outside, enjoyed my animals, and tried to sleep. Yesterday, I said hell with it...I can afford a day off this week and so, after three weeks without a day off...I took it! I watched lifetime movies all day, then played with my animals for two hours before Hatfields and McCoys came on.
I see the thread does have an infestation. But, every dark cloud has a silver lining, and so, the regulars are still here!=)
Good to read you again JeepGirl!
Syl

Ashland, KY

#53531 May 29, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Your old cooter wouldn't look so green if you would wash that nasty thing. It's molded over.
No no... that green thing you are looking at in the mirrow is your own old green molded cooter. It's yours, belive me.Just because it's in front of you and you'r looking at that way,doesn't make it someone's else's.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#53532 May 29, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the Yawn. I like to grill cabbage. I take an entire head of cabbage and cut the core out and fill it with bacon and wrap the cabbage in foil. When it is done, the outside leaves are black and are removed, but the inside is delicious.
How long on the grill and how many should a head serve,do you think?Do you have other meat than the bacon?Sounds interesting!
OhioJeepGirl

Georgetown, KY

#53533 May 29, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back girl. I am glad you are caught up and get a break. The baboon butt buddies will not be running me off no matter what they type.
Well, that is because you have the wisdom to see beyond the childish attemps at recieving attention.=)

Not really a break, that starts July 1st, but at least half or more of my workload is gone. I did not think I would make and I cannot tell you how proud I am of myself for accomplishing what seemed impossible...no matter what it took to do it! I recieved an inspiring email based on my dedication. I really needed that!

Now, I am down to all fun stuff for the next five weeks and can afford a day off or two a week...even a couple hours a day! Wow! I cannot tell you how thankful I am to have made it through.

July has its own challenges. I have to make some hard choices, because I just had a long chat and found out that when I go back that I will not be able to take anytime.=( As you know, I never know what a day will bring and I am out of chances. So, while I am happy today, I am also a bit depressed. Deep down inside I know what I am going to have to do. <sigh>

Has Lala been on?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#53534 May 29, 2012
Saw on TV the other day about corn on the cob.Microwave the ear with the shucks and tassel intact.About 8 minutes.Then cut the base off and hold with the tassel end up and shake.The corn on the cob will fall out without all the tassel hair or shuck on it.Intend to try it.
Prepper

Charlotte, MI

#53535 May 29, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiots would be six old turds trapped in a sewer. Sewers and Cod's, what a bunch of idiots.
Now if only you could reach that high and be as successful as those old turds trapped in a sewer. It's just too far out of your reach.
OhioJeepGirl

Georgetown, KY

#53536 May 29, 2012
LICMABALS wrote:
<quoted text>"I still luv u OHJ" I will not be mean to you, how are u doin I have missed u very much
Interesting. If you mean that then you will be nice to the regulars. Many of which are going through major problems and do not need anymore garbage. Most come on here to talk to friends they have grown close to and catch up on all the news. A little heart goes a long ways.
Prepper

Charlotte, MI

#53537 May 29, 2012
tinponyrider wrote:
<quoted text>As Ole Miss Nord would say: "The Hell you Say". Honestly, do you think that all of the regulars actually read and enjoy your Cods Vine stories, probably NOT. They just don't want to say anything so they don't hurt your feelings. I think most of them are stupid rantings of a lonely old women. Why don't you unplug that puter and get out in life and do something worthwhile for a change, besides putting your life story and stupid rantings on here.
Maybe you should take your own advice and maybe you could get off that merry go round there, tinponyrider. I know getting a girlfriend would be too much for you to accomplish but you could get a dog and with some practice, learn to throw a ball or maybe even a Frisbee.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53538 May 29, 2012
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. If you mean that then you will be nice to the regulars. Many of which are going through major problems and do not need anymore garbage. Most come on here to talk to friends they have grown close to and catch up on all the news. A little heart goes a long ways.
Just sat down to catch up on email and stopped in to see if lala, Saragon had stopped back in. So happy to see you post again. It basically has been Ancient Wolf, Prepper, Hempburn and myself. They won't leave any of us alone, lala either when she quit posting being the sweet lady she is. I can still be a mean biotch when provoked. Told you they were real sewer trolls. Can't even come up with their own material. Slugs in slime. hahahaha

Hope you are enjoying some down time. You need to. Lots of ((HUGS)) to you too. Did you get any rain your way?
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53539 May 29, 2012
Cinnamon Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I see there's another Neil Young fan among us. ;)
And another....love Neil and his harmonica.

Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53540 May 29, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the Yawn. I like to grill cabbage. I take an entire head of cabbage and cut the core out and fill it with bacon and wrap the cabbage in foil. When it is done, the outside leaves are black and are removed, but the inside is delicious.
Me too on the yawn. I love cabbage and the first time a friend of mine tried that for all of us we were hooked. Just like the corn in the microwave. Yummy.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53541 May 29, 2012
Prepper wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should take your own advice and maybe you could get off that merry go round there, tinponyrider. I know getting a girlfriend would be too much for you to accomplish but you could get a dog and with some practice, learn to throw a ball or maybe even a Frisbee.
Good one Prepper. He is fighting lickingballs for his spot in the poo crew and it makes him grouchy. He is trying to outdazzle his competition of the leader of the sewer crew. A dog would only run away if it got it's chance. lol
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#53542 May 29, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
How long on the grill and how many should a head serve,do you think?Do you have other meat than the bacon?Sounds interesting!
The cabbage is just a side dish to go with the meat, usually ribs, bbq chicken, steaks, or whatever. The bacon is to just let the grease permeate through the cabbage and it Usually takes about 45 minutes turning it about every 10 minutes. When it is done, I usually put it out on a platter, removed the foil and black leaves and chop it into eighths, figuring one head per 8 people.

I sometimes have a separate propane boiler going with corn on the cob and potatoes all boiling together with a pound of butter or margarine thrown in.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53543 May 29, 2012
May 29: Villagers in India lower a ladder into a reservoir filled with green slime to help a fallen leopard escape.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/leopar...

Reminds me of this headline:

Townspeople of Scottsville lower a ladder into unapoo's swimming pool to rescue the town hall cat. lol

Looks just like what the sewer crew would bathe in. If they bathed at all. lol
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53544 May 29, 2012
Sure sorry I missed all the regulars just when they got outnumbered and crawled back under their slimy rock. Must go start the yummy rolls to go with the roast/potatoes/carrots/onions that have been in the crock pot now falling apart tender and ready to devour. Neighbors doing a Part 2, Hatfield's and McCoy's get together. Part 1 was great. Hope you all got to catch it. If not they are running part one at 7pm with part two on at 9pm. Love Kevin Costner being in it.

Thank you Prepper and Blueminer for the post.:)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#53545 May 29, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Saw on TV the other day about corn on the cob.Microwave the ear with the shucks and tassel intact.About 8 minutes.Then cut the base off and hold with the tassel end up and shake.The corn on the cob will fall out without all the tassel hair or shuck on it.Intend to try it.
I sometimes peel back just a little of the shucks, pre-butter, then rewrap the shucks back and wrap in foil and cook that on the grill too. But the microwave sounds like a good plan also with a bit less mess.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#53546 May 29, 2012
@OJG... Lala did post a few days ago and Saragon had been on vacation and told about catching a shark. Good to see some of the regulars back and our growing group with BlueMiner, Syl, Cinnamon Girl and a few others that know that life is just way too short to go around being all grouchy and mean to other people. It really accomplishes nothing but if that is what turns their crank, what they type means nothing. Maybe with some persistence, we can even clean up a troll or two. LOL
OhioJeepGirl

Georgetown, KY

#53547 May 29, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just sat down to catch up on email and stopped in to see if lala, Saragon had stopped back in. So happy to see you post again. It basically has been Ancient Wolf, Prepper, Hempburn and myself. They won't leave any of us alone, lala either when she quit posting being the sweet lady she is. I can still be a mean biotch when provoked. Told you they were real sewer trolls. Can't even come up with their own material. Slugs in slime. hahahaha
Hope you are enjoying some down time. You need to. Lots of ((HUGS)) to you too. Did you get any rain your way?
Not very much, but it acted like it wanted to pour. It only rained about 3 minutes. Looks like it might try again.

Glad to be back.

I doubt any trolls scared her off, she is a tough cookie too. She needs a lot of rest right now and I am sure that is what she is doing. I will send her an email later. I need to catch up with everyone.
OhioJeepGirl

Georgetown, KY

#53548 May 29, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The cabbage is just a side dish to go with the meat, usually ribs, bbq chicken, steaks, or whatever. The bacon is to just let the grease permeate through the cabbage and it Usually takes about 45 minutes turning it about every 10 minutes. When it is done, I usually put it out on a platter, removed the foil and black leaves and chop it into eighths, figuring one head per 8 people.
I sometimes have a separate propane boiler going with corn on the cob and potatoes all boiling together with a pound of butter or margarine thrown in.
LOL I forgot how hungry this thread makes me!
Miss Saragon, she is a boost for the belly as well. She certainly can be awarded the queen of canning!

Oh...that rain has started back. But, that helps keep the goats where they should be! LOL
OhioJeepGirl

Georgetown, KY

#53549 May 29, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Sure sorry I missed all the regulars just when they got outnumbered and crawled back under their slimy rock. Must go start the yummy rolls to go with the roast/potatoes/carrots/onions that have been in the crock pot now falling apart tender and ready to devour. Neighbors doing a Part 2, Hatfield's and McCoy's get together. Part 1 was great. Hope you all got to catch it. If not they are running part one at 7pm with part two on at 9pm. Love Kevin Costner being in it.
Thank you Prepper and Blueminer for the post.:)
Geeez! I am starved to death now! ha ha ha

I am going to get some research done so I can watch tonight's second part. I knew it would be good. Every movie I have ever watched with Kevin Costner has always been well worth it and many have been my all time favorites.

My girlfirned with the masters in nursing that I talk about once in awhile, she is a true McCoy. Makes it more fun to watch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concrete plant at Turkey Creek Fri GIgi 2
Giovannis (Nov '11) Jul 1 fake 8
Kelsey smith Jul 1 Frantic 16
Trailer at Stone Ky Jul 1 Tim 3
Just a girl wondering Jun 30 Curious 3
Terri. Hunt Jun 28 Harold 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) May '15 cowboy 712
More from around the web

Hardy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Hardy Mortgages