JJJ

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Do you think if we went back to underground coal mining we would get our jobs back? I know we have destroyed our mountains and caused much problems with home-owners, causing floods and much else. Face it, we have made many homeowners mad who are not vocal, but the problem is there and law-makers know it. And we must also face that when they leave the mountains, most of the time they are desolate, barren of topsoil and mostly weeds are what they replant. Face the facts. Love to have our jobs back.

Since: Mar 11

Lebanon, KY

#2 Feb 9, 2013
We have just about economically mined out both underground and surface in the Tug and Big Sandy watersheds.
eyes

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Feb 9, 2013
hardline wrote:
We have just about economically mined out both underground and surface in the Tug and Big Sandy watersheds.
No
retard

Prestonsburg, KY

#4 Feb 12, 2013
JJJ wrote:
Do you think if we went back to underground coal mining we would get our jobs back? I know we have destroyed our mountains and caused much problems with home-owners, causing floods and much else. Face it, we have made many homeowners mad who are not vocal, but the problem is there and law-makers know it. And we must also face that when they leave the mountains, most of the time they are desolate, barren of topsoil and mostly weeds are what they replant. Face the facts. Love to have our jobs back.
You must be igorant!...I'm sorry to have to say that to you but it has to be true and you need to be told!!! As much "damage" as you say mtn top removal does dont you think digging out from UNDER the ground does as much damage?!?... One is as bad as the other if that's how you choose to look at it. Personally I come from a LONG line of miners, they've dug it out from under the earth and stripped it off the top and either way they got it, earned a decent living, fed their kids and went to bed at night knowing they did their part. As far as mtn top removal goes, I KNOW they replant and make the ground reusable in some shape form or fashion!!... I hope & pray you get back to work soon but for God's sake dont kick on the strip miners for bouncing their guts out earning their dollar!...
proud strip miners wife

Paintsville, KY

#5 Feb 28, 2013
retard wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be igorant!...I'm sorry to have to say that to you but it has to be true and you need to be told!!! As much "damage" as you say mtn top removal does dont you think digging out from UNDER the ground does as much damage?!?... One is as bad as the other if that's how you choose to look at it. Personally I come from a LONG line of miners, they've dug it out from under the earth and stripped it off the top and either way they got it, earned a decent living, fed their kids and went to bed at night knowing they did their part. As far as mtn top removal goes, I KNOW they replant and make the ground reusable in some shape form or fashion!!... I hope & pray you get back to work soon but for God's sake dont kick on the strip miners for bouncing their guts out earning their dollar!...
I agree with you the strip miners have to work to and they do replant the trees and grass and there has been alot of things come from the land of old strip jods new schools,airports ,churches ...just to name a few...people need to back off the strip miners they are just trying to make a living too and stay off welfare....

Since: Mar 11

Richmond, KY

#6 Feb 28, 2013
eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
No
Yes.
Honey Boo Boo

Peach Creek, WV

#7 Mar 3, 2013
huh
Honey Boo bOO

United States

#8 Mar 3, 2013
LOL
stripminerwife2

Pikeville, KY

#9 Mar 3, 2013
I am so proud of my strip miner I don't care who tries to put them down at least we no different...
Bill Hilly

Grayson, GA

#10 Mar 7, 2013
retard wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply because JJJ asked a question doesn't make her ignorant. Asking questions is how people learn so stop your silly name calling and discuss subjects like an adult so your arguements will be sound and people more apt to listen to you.
JJJ

Charleston, WV

#11 Mar 10, 2013
Just like to see them get back to work. Maybe you have a plan retard. By the way, that name seems appropriate by the way you talk.
retard

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Mar 20, 2013
Bill Hilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply because JJJ asked a question doesn't make her ignorant. Asking questions is how people learn so stop your silly name calling and discuss subjects like an adult so your arguements will be sound and people more apt to listen to you.
Rolls her eyes and gives Bill Hilly the finger!...Get off my post fat a$$! Is that sound enough for you?
stepping n

Winchester, KY

#13 Mar 21, 2013
retard wrote:
<quoted text>
Rolls her eyes and gives Bill Hilly the finger!...Get off my post fat a$$! Is that sound enough for you?
What makes you think this is your post
retard

Prestonsburg, KY

#14 Mar 28, 2013
stepping n wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think this is your post
It was my post that Bill Hilly replied on!
conrad

Elkhorn City, KY

#15 Mar 28, 2013
coleman road

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sabrenia mosley 2 hr Carlin 2005 42
Who owns the mansion on the hill at the mall? (Jul '09) 2 hr Curious 90
good bye pike county 5 hr hmm 9
Green dot money card scam? 8 hr ScammyPoo 2
Troy Frasure 16 hr Jacky Darryl 6
memorial day 16 hr USA proud 1
Belfry high rules 19 hr trash 15

Hardy Jobs

Personal Finance

Hardy Mortgages