conventional1

Collierville, TN

#23 Aug 12, 2010
that's an interesting story. You should come back to visit. the weather is mild and there are a lot of transplants to welcome you back.
Martins Creek wrote:
I used to live in the hotel back in 1946. I lived there with my mother and brother so we could attend school 'in the city'. Seeing the photo brought back so many memories of the feed store right across the street, the court house, Bigger's, the old Hardy bridge, and of course the railroad tracks where the trains would chug through at all times of the day and night. I really loved Hardy, and to this day I yearn to be there, but everyone is gone now (Baker Cemetery....including my brother. I don't recall ever hearing any spooky tales or visions regarding the hotel, but I am sure that I must have stirred some unsettled souls while I was there; I think they may be trying to call me back for a visit.
visit

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Aug 30, 2010
ok i snuck in this weekend during the day not to deface or steal anything i mean no disrespect to the people who live in hardy i was in c.v. for the weekend (i love it there) and my friend had been to the hotel while it was open so me & my aunt ran to hardy to price chopper and i was gonna run in and check out the old hotel but i was so disappointed it was closed! so i was like just stand her ill brb. i did get a kinda creepy feel but wasnt sure if it was because i didnt know if someone might be living in there that was passing through town and its hard to see each room until your actually right at the room. but i got 2 pictures ...1 is in the hallway i think where the shelves are and it looks like a face above second 2nd shelf 2 perfect eyes and a perfect nose but blew that off cause i said could be anything. then the next the window has writing on it when i was there i didnt see any writing on any window i was looking at the windows to cause
of seeing what was outside and so forth since i was upstairs. so it was kinda weird
ghost

Grayville, IL

#25 Aug 31, 2010
it is not worth what they are asking for it.
What happened

Salem, AR

#26 Aug 31, 2010
ghost wrote:
it is not worth what they are asking for it.
That is an understatement. What has happened to it? It is all boarded up and looks condemned or something. Who's idea was that? At least before they started it was historic looking. The downtown area looks like it is going downhill fast with businesses that are closed when the tourists are here to shop, no music, a main street Hardy website that is childish, junk on the sidewalks to the point you can't get down them, raggedy old christmas decorations, and on and on. It is a shame that most of the shop owners won't even sweep in front of their own stores and the icing on the cake, that newly boarded up building that, if I recall correctly, is on the national historic register, I'll bet they pull that ranking real fast.
Downtowner

Salem, AR

#27 Sep 3, 2010
I heard that Dale Maddox got the whole thing started because he is big buddies with the guy at First National Bank and then it was condemned because of termites. Doesn't it look great all boarded up. Thanks Dale what an asset to the downtown area it is now. Keep up the good work. Hey Greg, how do you like your boy now?
ghost wrote:
it is not worth what they are asking for it.
Oh ho

Salem, AR

#28 Sep 3, 2010
So that is who I heard Greg calling his boy. Actually he said my pottery making friend and then he laughed ironically and went on to describe what he was going to get him to do for him so that when the whole thing came down it wouldn't be Greg that had to take the blame.
Downtowner wrote:
I heard that Dale Maddox got the whole thing started because he is big buddies with the guy at First National Bank and then it was condemned because of termites. Doesn't it look great all boarded up. Thanks Dale what an asset to the downtown area it is now. Keep up the good work. Hey Greg, how do you like your boy now?<quoted text>
Wondering

Evening Shade, AR

#29 Sep 4, 2010
I wondered why he kept on hanging around over there like he was the boss or something. Sure put a crimp in his credibility didn't it? What a wonderful asset to Hardy and the stores downtown and all on a holiday weekend. Makes the whole downtown area look OUT OF BUSINESS. Way to go Dale.
Downtowner wrote:
I heard that Dale Maddox got the whole thing started because he is big buddies with the guy at First National Bank and then it was condemned because of termites. Doesn't it look great all boarded up. Thanks Dale what an asset to the downtown area it is now. Keep up the good work. Hey Greg, how do you like your boy now?<quoted text>
Local hunter

Mountain Home, AR

#30 Sep 4, 2010
Wondering wrote:
I wondered why he kept on hanging around over there like he was the boss or something. Sure put a crimp in his credibility didn't it? What a wonderful asset to Hardy and the stores downtown and all on a holiday weekend. Makes the whole downtown area look OUT OF BUSINESS. Way to go Dale.<quoted text>
I saw that. That is so unbelievable. I have had duck blinds that look better than that. Cudos Dale. You did a good job of sabotaging any efforts to improve that area.
When fools rush in

Salem, AR

#31 Sep 4, 2010
No you didn't. I knew that but you actually posted it? That's funny. What did he do to you? Same thing he did to about 75 other employees he had last year? What fools.
Oh ho wrote:
So that is who I heard Greg calling his boy. Actually he said my pottery making friend and then he laughed ironically and went on to describe what he was going to get him to do for him so that when the whole thing came down it wouldn't be Greg that had to take the blame. <quoted text>
Former Emp

Mountain Home, AR

#32 Sep 6, 2010
I can tell you that he is a big fool if he thinks anyone takes him seriously when he "makes" you sign that stupid, "I won't tell" contract. Have your lawyer go over that like I did, all you former employees. How full of yourself can you get?
When fools rush in wrote:
No you didn't. I knew that but you actually posted it? That's funny. What did he do to you? Same thing he did to about 75 other employees he had last year? What fools. <quoted text>
iz it so

Violet Hill, AR

#33 Sep 6, 2010
Former Emp wrote:
I can tell you that he is a big fool if he thinks anyone takes him seriously when he "makes" you sign that stupid, "I won't tell" contract. Have your lawyer go over that like I did, all you former employees. How full of yourself can you get? <quoted text>
FNBC is acting awfully paranoid lately...makes you wonder.
Hardy Resident

Mountain Home, AR

#34 Sep 8, 2010
I wondered why those guys downtown were acting so paranoid and then I heard about the big investigation when I was out at the court house paying my taxes. How creepy. Decent people can't even sit in their own living rooms without getting harassed. What a shame. And they want to run this city? I won't vote for that!
iz it so wrote:
<quoted text>
FNBC is acting awfully paranoid lately...makes you wonder.
i heard it too

Ash Flat, AR

#35 Sep 9, 2010
I agree it was quite cynical wasn't it?
Oh ho wrote:
So that is who I heard Greg calling his boy. Actually he said my pottery making friend and then he laughed ironically and went on to describe what he was going to get him to do for him so that when the whole thing came down it wouldn't be Greg that had to take the blame. <quoted text>
What the

Ash Flat, AR

#36 Sep 9, 2010
Are they just going to leave it that way? How dreadful looking. You say that Dale is for a better downtown and now this? Yeah right.
Downtowner wrote:
I heard that Dale Maddox got the whole thing started because he is big buddies with the guy at First National Bank and then it was condemned because of termites. Doesn't it look great all boarded up. Thanks Dale what an asset to the downtown area it is now. Keep up the good work. Hey Greg, how do you like your boy now?<quoted text>
Photographer

Ash Flat, AR

#37 Sep 9, 2010
I had heard some rumors about this. How ridiculous that you can't have a personal life in such a small town. Creepy is right.
Hardy Resident wrote:
I wondered why those guys downtown were acting so paranoid and then I heard about the big investigation when I was out at the court house paying my taxes. How creepy. Decent people can't even sit in their own living rooms without getting harassed. What a shame. And they want to run this city? I won't vote for that! <quoted text>
Ozark Militia

United States

#38 Sep 9, 2010
I was thinking about opening up a Glass Blowing shop in downtown Hardy with demonstrations and live glass melting and forming right out in the open. My good friend also does Stained Glass work and is interested in doing this with me. I have all winter to get it up and going but was wondering if we would get enough support locally.
Welcome to Hardy

Ash Flat, AR

#39 Sep 10, 2010
How fantastic. I know the Mayor has a daughter in law that is very interested in glass art. They go to SDC just to see them hand make glass pieces. Why not contact City Hall and talk with the Mayor. I am sure she would be interested in talking with you. What an asset this would be to Hardy.
Ozark Militia wrote:
I was thinking about opening up a Glass Blowing shop in downtown Hardy with demonstrations and live glass melting and forming right out in the open. My good friend also does Stained Glass work and is interested in doing this with me. I have all winter to get it up and going but was wondering if we would get enough support locally.
Downward Spiral

Salem, AR

#40 Sep 10, 2010
That whole downtown area is practically out of business. How many cups of coffee, clay pots, cedar scraps, candles, and old pieces of junk can you buy. The only unique shop down there is the one with the flower garden in front. Every time you go in one of those stores all they do is gripe about each other or the government or some bullshirt that no one that is on vacation wants to hear. Sour looks and do I really have to wait on you attitudes are the norm. They can't blame anyone but themselves for not having any business. You have to have something that someone wants to buy and present it with a nice attitude no matter how you feel that day. Take some lessons people!
Wondering wrote:
I wondered why he kept on hanging around over there like he was the boss or something. Sure put a crimp in his credibility didn't it? What a wonderful asset to Hardy and the stores downtown and all on a holiday weekend. Makes the whole downtown area look OUT OF BUSINESS. Way to go Dale.<quoted text>
friend

Evening Shade, AR

#41 Sep 11, 2010
Downward Spiral wrote:
That whole downtown area is practically out of business. How many cups of coffee, clay pots, cedar scraps, candles, and old pieces of junk can you buy. The only unique shop down there is the one with the flower garden in front. Every time you go in one of those stores all they do is gripe about each other or the government or some bullshirt that no one that is on vacation wants to hear. Sour looks and do I really have to wait on you attitudes are the norm. They can't blame anyone but themselves for not having any business. You have to have something that someone wants to buy and present it with a nice attitude no matter how you feel that day. Take some lessons people! <quoted text>
you just keep on shopping in walmart where your friends work so you feel at home loser
Hal

Memphis, TN

#42 Sep 12, 2010
Wow, PM - ummm Downtowner- Seems ya'll really love to stir up B.S on here..lol Let's say the way some of you act stopped in HIGH SCHOOL ! Name calling, insults, making personal attacks etc..

I tell you what I will do for you here.. I will research and post a story on www.mainstreethardy.com with the facts about the building and its current status! I am sure the truth won't be as exciting as the b.s. being posted here. I will call my friends down at the bank and the prior owners too and will get it posted A.S.A.P.

Oh, and my wife says hi to all you folks who enjoy making comments about her too.. always a great laugh..thanks
Downtowner wrote:
I heard that Dale Maddox got the whole thing started because he is big buddies with the guy at First National Bank and then it was condemned because of termites. Doesn't it look great all boarded up. Thanks Dale what an asset to the downtown area it is now. Keep up the good work. Hey Greg, how do you like your boy now?<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mammoth Spring man charged with 5 counts of rape 1 hr Bowser45 6
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr guest 30,629
Scottie Jewell Busted?? 16 hr anonymous 1
Scott Barker 21 hr OMW 2
Larrys pizza coming to highland 21 hr Hollowman1 29
New Serious Computer Virus Sat Your children shamed 5
BIG liquor Sat Dry County Drinker 3

Winter Storm Watch for Sharp County was issued at March 02 at 2:02PM CST

Hardy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hardy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:58 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:58AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine
Bleacher Report 9:05 PM
Rams' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
CBS Sports 5:39 AM
LOOK: Possible stadium design for Rams to stay in St. Louis
NBC Sports 9:08 AM
Kendall Langford visiting the defensive tackle-less Lions today
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
Kendall Langford: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent DT