River bend RV park
happy bird

United States

#22043 Nov 2, 2009
something new wrote:
<quoted text>no one listens to you.where is happy bird?
never fear, Happy Bird is here.
please don't tempt me cause it won't take much for me to piss someone off.
make my day

Houston, TX

#22044 Nov 2, 2009
happy bird wrote:
<quoted text>never fear, Happy Bird is here.
please don't tempt me cause it won't take much for me to piss someone off.
make my day!!!!!any go power left????????we know someone that missed you,go get them!!!!!!!!
sexy bird

Houston, TX

#22045 Nov 2, 2009
happy bird i have a rooster up here,he can do something you cannot do?
sexy bird

Houston, TX

#22046 Nov 2, 2009
next time you come up notify me and I will tell you how to get up on nine mile road to my place and you can see for your self what jack the rooster does.
property owner

United States

#22047 Nov 2, 2009
we found this the case also.In some areas were the water was the leaves were left on the gound not like water had been over them and normally the leaves would leave with the water as it reseated.
weird.
petty_renee wrote:
I was referring to the water lines on the campers and buildings. Not the underground lines. Thought I should clarify that.
Trina Miles

United States

#22048 Nov 3, 2009
DITTO!!! Thanks mayor. You are a lifesaver! You do a great job!
Trina
UpTheRiverNoPaddle wrote:
At our place, the water level is almost identical to that from 2006. Mud and debris to clean up and lost one table but all in all, we were very fortunate. Over time we have all learned not to be complacent about preparation for these things. Also, the warning from Lady Mayor was much appreciated.
Trina Miles

United States

#22049 Nov 3, 2009
It is wierd. What puzzles me is the "cleanliness" so to speak, of the flood. Maybe there has been so much rain this year that it has somewhat diluted the water as to make it less muddy. This is a good thing. I think the good Lord was sparing us Riverbend folks this time!! He knew we needed to catch a break!

Trina Miles
property owner wrote:
we found this the case also.In some areas were the water was the leaves were left on the gound not like water had been over them and normally the leaves would leave with the water as it reseated.
weird.
<quoted text>

Since: Apr 08

United States

#22050 Nov 3, 2009
Exactly why I caution about what I'll call, "phantom damage". The two campers we checked for people on Saturday had absolutely no visible water line on them, yet when we pushed up on the bottom of the camper, water came out. This sort of damage will cause swelling of the wood, mold, mildew and other problems that one may not find til Spring. By then, insurance companies may question it and give an owner problems about paying. The pictures of one owners lot would indicate it got no where near high enough to do damage but water ran from the belly of the camper when we pushed on it. Best thing is just cut it and let it run out, according to the rv dealers. It will allow it to dry but will also allow snakes and rodents to enter.
Trina Miles wrote:
It is wierd. What puzzles me is the "cleanliness" so to speak, of the flood. Maybe there has been so much rain this year that it has somewhat diluted the water as to make it less muddy. This is a good thing. I think the good Lord was sparing us Riverbend folks this time!! He knew we needed to catch a break!
Trina Miles
<quoted text>
Trina Miles

United States

#22051 Nov 3, 2009
Well heck, I'm not going to make it up there for a few days. Alex has got a dentist appointment today and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. If anyone is going, could you please check my trailer and my mom's beside me. Wayne said it didn't look like I got water in them but I might have what Renee is talking about. I am on block 4, lot 24 and my mom is beside me on lot 23. I would really appreciate it.
Trina Miles
petty_renee wrote:
Exactly why I caution about what I'll call, "phantom damage". The two campers we checked for people on Saturday had absolutely no visible water line on them, yet when we pushed up on the bottom of the camper, water came out. This sort of damage will cause swelling of the wood, mold, mildew and other problems that one may not find til Spring. By then, insurance companies may question it and give an owner problems about paying. The pictures of one owners lot would indicate it got no where near high enough to do damage but water ran from the belly of the camper when we pushed on it. Best thing is just cut it and let it run out, according to the rv dealers. It will allow it to dry but will also allow snakes and rodents to enter.
<quoted text>
statement

Houston, TX

#22052 Nov 4, 2009
Mu parents got a phone call today saying they will have city water next year from Hardy??Any one have knowledge of what is the plans.
Sounds like a good plan.
1 Eyed Hornet

Mountain Home, AR

#22053 Nov 4, 2009
hardy may take over the park.

United States

#22054 Nov 4, 2009
Hardy does not want the park. We, the owners have been offered the opportunity to be annexed into the city of Hardy. This would provide us with many benefits. The mayor has applied for grant funding to cover the cost of annexation, running city to the park AND city sewer. No more full tanks. We will also have the benefit of city police and city fire department. If you own property you will receive a letter in the next day or so with a "straw vote" ballot as to whether or not you are in favor. I got one through email today as did anyone who has submitted their email address to the board.

This is a great plan folks. No well, no more Biggers Bluff water corp.

We will have a small city tax added to our tax bill but the police and fire department, water and sewer will make it well worth it. My ballot will be in the PO tonight with a big check beside the "YES" box.

Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel.

I talked to Mayor Thornton personally and they do NOT want to run the park. It will still be a POA park. We just need to get the settlement agreement finalized and get the deeds to those properties in our name by taking over the loans.

Property values will skyrocket.
1 Eyed Hornet wrote:
hardy may take over the park.
Trina Miles

United States

#22055 Nov 4, 2009
Yes, yes!!! God is good!! The following is an e-mail I received from Peggy Henderson today:

RIVER BEND PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
P. O. BOX 1117
HARDY, AR 72542
November 4, 2009
MEMORANDUM

TO: River Bend Property Owners
SUBJECT: Proposal to Annex RB to the City of Hardy

The City of Hardy has begun an annexation procedure for property located north of the present city limits and the River Bend POA Board has been contacted by the Mayor of Hardy outlining the
proposal and giving us the opportunity to be annexed to the City of Hardy.

Stimulus money and grant money has been applied for to cover costs involved in instituting this annexation, which would include water and sewer being provided for River Bend Park by the City of Hardy. As you know, providing water for the park has been, and still is, a problem due to some legal issues, and annexing to the City of Hardy would resolve those issues.

We do want to let you know that annexing to the City of Hardy would necessitate the paying of city taxes each year. We do not know at this time the exact taxes that would be owed to the city, but believe they would be fairly small. However, weighing that against getting city water and sewer from Hardy seems a small thing in comparison.

At this time we as a Board need to know how the property owners feel about this, and are asking you to return the bottom portion of this letter stating your vote. This is not an official vote, but just to give us an idea whether or not to pursue this annexation proposal.

The city has estimated that it may possibly take up to four months for approval of the grant money However, sometimes requests from the people to legislators can move things along more quickly.
Thus, we have enclosed a sample letter and names and addresses of governmental officials you may send a letter to, and if you support this proposal we encourage you to write a letter to all these officials. NOTE: Another e-mail will follow giving names and addresses of the governmental officials and a sample letter you may use if you wish.

----------
"Straw Vote" Ballot -- River Bend Park Annexation

_____YES, I support River Bend Park being annexed into the City of Hardy
_____NO, I do not support River Bend Park being annexed into the City of Hardy

TO BE COUNTED, THE POA MUST RECEIVE YOUR BALLOT BY 11/16/09

If anyone needs this e-mail forwarded to them just let me know. This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
statement wrote:
Mu parents got a phone call today saying they will have city water next year from Hardy??Any one have knowledge of what is the plans.
Sounds like a good plan.
property owner

Olive Branch, MS

#22056 Nov 4, 2009
Anything is better then what we have had
Would the new president please give us an email #
feel out of touch sense we have no way to contact you.
Trina Miles

United States

#22057 Nov 4, 2009
Wow, I didn't even think about the city police and fire department. Isn't this great!!!
petty_renee wrote:
Hardy does not want the park. We, the owners have been offered the opportunity to be annexed into the city of Hardy. This would provide us with many benefits. The mayor has applied for grant funding to cover the cost of annexation, running city to the park AND city sewer. No more full tanks. We will also have the benefit of city police and city fire department. If you own property you will receive a letter in the next day or so with a "straw vote" ballot as to whether or not you are in favor. I got one through email today as did anyone who has submitted their email address to the board.
This is a great plan folks. No well, no more Biggers Bluff water corp.
We will have a small city tax added to our tax bill but the police and fire department, water and sewer will make it well worth it. My ballot will be in the PO tonight with a big check beside the "YES" box.
Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel.
I talked to Mayor Thornton personally and they do NOT want to run the park. It will still be a POA park. We just need to get the settlement agreement finalized and get the deeds to those properties in our name by taking over the loans.
Property values will skyrocket.
<quoted text>

United States

#22058 Nov 4, 2009
I see it as a win, win situation. I think it's absolutely awesome!!

It is, of course, dependent upon the support of the property owners for the annexation and the approval of the grants. It does look very, very promising. There is grant money and stimulus money out there for the taking and I have great faith that some of it will be applied to our park.

There are names and addresses of persons who sit in the seats of the "powers that be" attached to the letter. Write your letters of support and maybe we can get it expedited to be well in progress or done by March 15. Mayor Thornton said that once they get started, it won't take long as the city engineer has already been in the park working on the costs for the grant application.
Trina Miles wrote:
Wow, I didn't even think about the city police and fire department. Isn't this great!!!
<quoted text>

United States

#22059 Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, I'm gonna reply to my own post here. When I spoke with Mayor Thornton, she stated that she would get an application number for each grant application. If I understand right, we need to wait until we have that number to attach to the letter of support before we send one in. These politicians get so much mail, we would not want to get lost in the shuffle. We will need the number to reference the letter of support to the proper grant application. Heaven forbid if it is misunderstood what application we are supporting and they give the money to someone else.
petty_renee wrote:
It is, of course, dependent upon the support of the property owners for the annexation and the approval of the grants. It does look very, very promising. There is grant money and stimulus money out there for the taking and I have great faith that some of it will be applied to our park.
There are names and addresses of persons who sit in the seats of the "powers that be" attached to the letter. Write your letters of support and maybe we can get it expedited to be well in progress or done by March 15. Mayor Thornton said that once they get started, it won't take long as the city engineer has already been in the park working on the costs for the grant application.
<quoted text>
Happy Bird

United States

#22060 Nov 4, 2009
city water/sewer sounds great but does anyone think we should have a little more information?
what about restrictions?
will our d.o.r. still be intact?
i'm sure shanaynay has seen everything in WRITING our she wouldn't be spreading the news.
or would she?
Happy Bird

United States

#22061 Nov 4, 2009
petty_renee wrote:
<quoted text>
shanaynay,
how many times did you and/or jimbo contact the heath dept. and/or adeq to file complaints on the park to get it closed?
remember, i wouldn't ask the question if i didn't already know the answer.
PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE:
she will use any information she gets to close the park. please tell her nothing.

United States

#22062 Nov 4, 2009
This will not affect the DOR nor the bylaws nor any other aspect of the POA. It will put us under the same restrictions as the city of Hardy but that's no so bad now is it.

I would expect you to find all sorts of things wrong with it since it won't get a well put in but the possibilities of the park are endless if this can be done.

Writing? Nothing you have promised over the past two years has ever come to fruition in writing so really, now Billy, who are you to talk? This is progress and while you may not recognize it as such, it is what it is and it has my support 1000%. I will work with the board and the property owners in whatever way I am asked,(short of paying assessments for something I did not receive) and look to the future instead of the past.
Happy Bird wrote:
city water/sewer sounds great but does anyone think we should have a little more information?
what about restrictions?
will our d.o.r. still be intact?
i'm sure shanaynay has seen everything in WRITING our she wouldn't be spreading the news.
or would she?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
diamond bob raises water rates 1 hr Guest 25
Downhome 1 hr Rakon 45
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 33,861
sam noakes 4 hr ght 1
Diamond Bob at the Eagles... 6 hr Denise 60
Welcome to Horseshoe Bend 7 hr Randall 76
Patty bard Sun Alreadyhadit 1

Hardy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance