Highland school board election

Highland school board election

Posted in the Hardy Forum

Mom

United States

#1 Sep 13, 2011
So the school board election is coming up. I think early voting starts this week. Haven't seen or heard any advertisement, but I know Renee Clay is running, a man that I have not heard his name, and I just found out that Ms. Laurel Murray is running. Mrs. Murray definitely gets my vote! She taught algebra to all my kids, and they were all so sad when she retired from Highland last year! I always enjoyed visiting with her during conferences, games, etc. She was a fantastic teacher, and had a unique way of teaching, making it fun, and really getting through to the kids, to where they actually learned algebra, and retained it! I think she would be a wonderful asset on our school board! This post isn't meant to bash the others running. I just hope everyone gets out and votes, no matter who you cast your vote for! Remember, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about what's going on with our school!
HighlandRebel

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Renee seems best suited to handle a 16 million dollar budget, plus she is the only candidate with children in the school system. If she can provide jobs to hundreds of people in the community, I feel she has proven she can lead on the school board.
concerned parent

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Sep 14, 2011
I certainly had a different experience that the other lady who posted under "Mom".

I had a problem with Mrs. Murray last year. My son had a C in her class, when I would go on line to look at his grades and homework, there was always 0 posted. I thought my son was not turning in his homework and he swore to me that he was. I went to the High School and found that Mrs, Murray had a problem with computers and had refused to post grades on line and had resigned her job as a teacher over this fact. Then my son had several subs until they hired a new teacher for his class.

I feel like my son got cheated in this important math class because Mrs. Murray choose to QUIT in the middle of a semester. I thought teachers had to sign contracts for a year at a time? She will certainly not get my vote! When she chose to QUIT, she was not thinking about the best interest of the children in her class.

Frisco, TX

#4 Sep 14, 2011
I know for a fact that isn't true because I always kept up with my daughters grades via edline, and Ms. Murry always had her grades posted. You shouldn't come on here posting stuff that's untrue just to get people not to vote for her. I could say things about one of the other people running, just because I don't like her, but I'm not going to because that's not what this is about.
concerned parent wrote:
I certainly had a different experience that the other lady who posted under "Mom".
I had a problem with Mrs. Murray last year. My son had a C in her class, when I would go on line to look at his grades and homework, there was always 0 posted. I thought my son was not turning in his homework and he swore to me that he was. I went to the High School and found that Mrs, Murray had a problem with computers and had refused to post grades on line and had resigned her job as a teacher over this fact. Then my son had several subs until they hired a new teacher for his class.
I feel like my son got cheated in this important math class because Mrs. Murray choose to QUIT in the middle of a semester. I thought teachers had to sign contracts for a year at a time? She will certainly not get my vote! When she chose to QUIT, she was not thinking about the best interest of the children in her class.
LawMan

Seattle, WA

#5 Sep 15, 2011
Mom wrote:
So the school board election is coming up. I think early voting starts this week. Haven't seen or heard any advertisement, but I know Renee Clay is running, a man that I have not heard his name, and I just found out that Ms. Laurel Murray is running. Mrs. Murray definitely gets my vote! She taught algebra to all my kids, and they were all so sad when she retired from Highland last year! I always enjoyed visiting with her during conferences, games, etc. She was a fantastic teacher, and had a unique way of teaching, making it fun, and really getting through to the kids, to where they actually learned algebra, and retained it! I think she would be a wonderful asset on our school board! This post isn't meant to bash the others running. I just hope everyone gets out and votes, no matter who you cast your vote for! Remember, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about what's going on with our school!
Well hello MOM! May I start off asking, are you a HOT MOM? or one of those HOT soccer Mom's I see driving around in their SUV'S? Please tell me you are a MILF!!!! LawMan loves MILFS!!! GOD DAMN MILFS are HOT!!!! AND believe me I see a lot of you hot Moms while I am out shopping in Wal-Mart! AND, I know you see me also, because I see you checking me out and smiling away!!! I love it though!!! BUT, MOM, I have to disagree with you here.....I do not think it is fair to say if one does not get out and vote, they have no right to complain about the goings on at the school. Not everyone has a schedule that dictates a 9 to 5 job! Some of us have crazy schedules and may not be able to make it to vote. BUT!!!that does not make a parent non-caring! OH NO, NO, NO, MOMMY!!!! I got a BIG, EFFING MOUTH!!!! AND if there is something I do not like at the school!!! I LawMan will open my BIG MOUTH AND FIGHT!!! Regardless of a vote!!! Tell you what Mom. Why don't you get together with me and we can discuss this the "HARD WAY"
Well

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 15, 2011
Well my vote is for Renee. She has always helped our community and has a kid in every school. She cares about the welfare of the kids and has the money to bck it. The ex teacher isnt truly running on the sole purpose of helping the kids. She isnt a fan of Renee and has made it known. So logically Renee is the better choice
HiThere

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2011
Who else is running? Ive heard 3 ppl, but only 2 names...
Mary A

Pineville, AR

#8 Sep 20, 2011
Just a couple of people that are MAD, MAD, MAD at the school. Only our children will loose if they get elected. She is wanting revenge and he is wanting to make a name for his self and the republican party at the expense of the children that attend school.

Frisco, TX

#9 Sep 20, 2011
Mary A wrote:
Just a couple of people that are MAD, MAD, MAD at the school. Only our children will loose if they get elected. She is wanting revenge and he is wanting to make a name for his self and the republican party at the expense of the children that attend school.
Who is HE? No one will give his name!
what

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2011
Well wrote:
Well my vote is for Renee. She has always helped our community and has a kid in every school. She cares about the welfare of the kids and has the money to bck it. The ex teacher isnt truly running on the sole purpose of helping the kids. She isnt a fan of Renee and has made it known. So logically Renee is the better choice
Why didnt she care for the welfare of her father-n-law who is now in an assited living facility? She lives high on the hog while this poor man barely had money to put in his gas tank!! Do you know where he was found Renee? On the floor in his house where he was laying for several days!
wake up

Melbourne, AR

#11 Sep 21, 2011
Mary A wrote:
I knew once I heard there was somebody else besides the former teacher running, that Renee would win. The other two split the opposition vote. The totals were like Clay-Circle: 405, the other two: 395. She won by 1.25%...out of 800 votes, she won by 10 votes or so. That's somewhere around a 0.6% majority. Also unless they had their school board meeting the night of the election last night they held off posting the minutes from last month's meeting until AFTER the election. Always posted it the next day, and this time because of a close election, they posted it a week later. Lots of stuff in there about the field house and more employees resigning. Shenanigans.
saw it with my own eyes

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Sep 21, 2011
what wrote:
<quoted text>Why didnt she care for the welfare of her father-n-law who is now in an assited living facility? She lives high on the hog while this poor man barely had money to put in his gas tank!! Do you know where he was found Renee? On the floor in his house where he was laying for several days!
What is the old father in law to do with Renee? It called Karma. The old man was a MEAN Drunk. He beat those kids and ex wife all the time growing up. She knew that. I saw it with my on eyes. I played ball with Eddie and was at his house one afternoon. No one ever spent the night over there because those kids were all embarrased and knew he would come home mean and drunk.,
Why didnt his own flesh and blood help him, the daughter, the son, the ex wife, his brothers and sisters????????
Its called KARMA - what goes around comes around. You get your chops busted day after day, year after year by a MEAN Drunk and see who gives a sh#t about you when your old.......... His own daughter and son sure didnt. It is not Renee's place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr Camden Kid Toucher 38,843
Shorty's rib shack 8 hr Really 3
the good ol boys 8 hr The Profit 40
Thank you HSB and BOB & Tina Barns 12 hr ADale 22
eaglecrest 13 hr Red Cloud 3
Kevin"Greer" smith (Jan '13) 18 hr Tim 21
Floating dock and hand rail 20 hr Rip Chen Picket 15

Hardy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance