Millington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

I'm curious, what are the views on Hardy hardships from an economic standpoint? Valid arguments only please.
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

The area has enough issues getting a decent work force even when when and if new jobs are created. However, having a plan of any type might be a start. Giving away hotdogs in Dr. Thompson park on Halloween isn't one of them. Especially if no one knows about it. Economic development in small towns is difficult enough, creating a master plan and working toward it by setting small goals is a start. Involving the current business community in discussions and asking for ideas is another. But the current separation between local leadership and area business will never even get a idea on the table. Anyone else wish to add to this lets hear it.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

The best way to help Hardy is !! to shut down topix.
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

If the leadership would be open minded and proactive and have planned meetings that openly invite the community and business then you have a starting point. Until then, any place to voice opinions is needed. A better forum for those interested would be nice, but face to face meetings truly is the best and only way to start.

Unfortunately, in Hardy, everyone is all to scared to speak out and if they do they are told to shut up or are shunned. It is time for open discussion and open minds to come out and create a new forward vision for Hardy. No change is NOT THE ANSWER, just look around you and see how that hasn't worked. A vibrant town, keeping with tradition but offering eclectic places to attract those from surrounding areas would be a beginning. But, you have to be willing to plan and work for it to happen.......anyone?

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

flush all the memphians down the crapper!
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Physically that can not be done, regardless, your comments only show your ignorance about the topic at hand. Grow up and have a adult conversation for once in your life. Anyone who grew up around the area knows that Hardy has been a stopping point for visitors for years. They come from Memphis, Mississippi, Missouri and the surrounding area in Arkansas. Hardy has the Spring River as a great attraction but does a poor job of promoting it. It also use to be called the Antique Capital of the area, but that has changed, but so has the people who come and visit. A simple survey from those that visit would be a starting point to see what they are looking for or want to see in the area. As for the locals, you have the retired group (a majority) and those with families too. What can we do to enhance their lifestyle. What besides just local church activities can be created with a vision? Hmmmmmmm something to think about and start with.
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

P.S. The ignorant post was from "guest" that I was referring to!
Hoopla

Salem, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Only "ignorant" posts I see are from some twit called "Vision". I could give you 100 reasons why your a moron just from your 4 posts but you already know them all.
Stanley

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Is that the same pile of steaming crap that was hawking the gun show yesterday? He was from Melbourne too and was a little brown nosed collector then. Free hotdogs rock, just because your to cheap to give anything away. Anytime you decide you don't like Hardy just the way it is, please leave and NEVER come back. Until then, please STFU and go have your vision some where else.
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
flush all the memphians down the crapper!
I agree, they are a stain on our society. A skid-mark in the underwear of life.

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Vision wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, they are a stain on our society. A skid-mark in the underwear of life.
that red headed chic from Memphis that hangs out in hardy, definitely has skid marks in her undies.
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

It is so funny how easy it is to know how a few react on here. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. Oh, I will use the gun I purchased at the show to shoot those fish.

It is pretty sad that others have to copy my own name and pretend to be me to stir up anything to make it seem that those not from here are a danger. How funny that is, your actually your own worse enemy my friends. Now enjoy the rest of your day, how was church for you, did you even go? I did!
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

It is pretty sad that others have to copy my own name and pretend to be me to stir up anything to make it seem that those not from here are a danger. How funny that is, your actually your own worse enemy my friends. Now enjoy the rest of your day, how was Temple for you, did you even go? I did!
resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

It just amazes me how ignorant some people can be. Someone brings up a legitimate item to discuss and some people just get on here and run their mouths. All the small towns around here could use a lot of economic development. I have lived here my whole life and hardy used to be a happening little town with lots of friendly people. What has happened to some of you that has made you so negative about everything. Vision u have a great question hope there are some ideas posted not just BS
Vision

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Thank you, my ideas don't come cheap but I'm glad you support them. If you could see fit to get up off your lazy welfare sucking azz and send me a few bucks then we would have some real economic development. I could develop a few six packs and better ignore your stupid tripe. Feel free to tell me how great I am anytime and send that cash as soon as your check arrives. Thanx.

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Vision wrote:
It is so funny how easy it is to know how a few react on here. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. Oh, I will use the gun I purchased at the show to shoot those fish.
what? are you people from memphis now threatening the people of hardy with gun violence???
Sambo

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

If you want to help Hardy keep the /Viggers out.
Calico Rocks

Salem, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Sambo wrote:
If you want to help Hardy keep the /Viggers out.
Hardy is full of White ones now. Is there a difference if they are colored?
a person who knows

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Good One Calico Rocks, because some of these white trash (yes I'll say it) can't even comprehend that its the tourist that bring money to our area. They are racist, toothless (i'm guessing) and ignorant. Hardy needs a bar for men to sit and have a couple of beers so that the ladies can shop! That would be great!
Another one who knows

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

No bar in Hardy, they have already said if wet passes, they will enact a local ordnance banning the sale of alcohol. That bar will be in Ash Flat and Hardy will be left sucking wind again. Will the last dirtball from Memphis PLEASE turn off the light on the way out. Stick a fork in her, she is done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of80
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Hardy Forum right now

Search the Hardy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 11 hr Siwhat 9,715
New show for hardy -2 Felons and the Rich Lady 11 hr Sparks 7
Clash of Ozark Thugs 11 hr in da no 104
RV lots for sale??? (May '12) 12 hr shannon 15
Clash of the Ozarks Billboard 19 hr Fred The Fed 16
TV Show on Discovery about Hardy 20 hr Old Cuss 196
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Thu Yes 27,899
•••
•••