Body of Vermont GI returned, funeral ...

Body of Vermont GI returned, funeral is Wednesday

There are 6 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Aug 30, 2010, titled Body of Vermont GI returned, funeral is Wednesday. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

The remains of a Vermont GI killed in Afghanistan are back in his home state, and a funeral is planned for Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#1 Aug 30, 2010
My condolences and prayers for the families of these brave and honorable young men Sgt.Southworth and Sgt. DeLuzio
Mary Jo

Burlington, VT

#2 Aug 31, 2010
I think this is a very COLD headline and article. Even if you don't agree with the soldiers going to Afghanistan, please print with respect to those that have gone. Especially those that have died in service! As a wife of a soldier in Afghanistan, my heart aches each day for those who have lost a husband, brother, son, father, daughter, wife, sister, and mother. If my kids saw this, it would really upset them. Thank you!
hard dude

Easthampton, MA

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Here! Here! Mary Jo.

From my perspective,,(and I mean no offense), I'm just terribly saddened that those wars are going on. I didn't like them from the start... and I don't like them any better now.

The thing is, we can't force our democracy on a foriegn people with our guns. I saw it more as a diplomatic, taking, giving aid or with holding aid... but not with tanks. And we're losing very fine young adults everyday. And for what??? To make them free???

This country has made a few mistakes. There are two of them going on today. I am very grateful for you and your serving husband -- and if i could, i would bring them all home today. You have to do what you do and I pray -- or have strong spiritual yearning for a safe return. I was 'of age' during Viet Nam --- and now, it feels like little has changed over the decades.

Go well. And may any harm pass far away from you and yours. May God Bless.
jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#4 Aug 31, 2010
Hard dude they are also protecting your right to be an ungrateful citizen. I wonder if obuma tonight will try and take credit for there democracy. If we fail no one will rescue us.
Neal Allen

Putney, VT

#5 Aug 31, 2010
Our prayers are with the families and loved ones of these true American Hero's who have sacrificed so much for us.....
May we all never forget the gifts they have preserved in the name of Freedom and liberty.

A Greatful American
hard dude

Easthampton, MA

#6 Sep 1, 2010
Hard dude they are also protecting your right to be an ungrateful citizen.">>>> >>>>>..........

jwaaay -- i'll confront you on a different thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardwick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 Vt. men face sex crimes involving teens (Nov '10) Sep '17 Sosick 5
Wrong information about the "Jasper Hill" farm!!! (Jan '07) Jul '17 Lifelibertyfreedom1 5
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 21
chair company (Jan '17) Apr '17 VCCC Sux 3
News Mother, two daughters, die in Wardsboro (Apr '08) Apr '17 kjc10 20
Hair Salon (Mar '15) Mar '15 JJJ 1
News Police Notes (Jun '14) Dec '14 Terry P 2

Hardwick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hardwick Mortgages