Making Breck County Wet
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
i know just enough to be

Brandenburg, KY

#42 Jan 19, 2013
Ya know what, if you want to drink, youre gonna drink. It doesnt matter what you have to do or how far you have to go to get it. This is another NO-WIN situation. Like gun control - where do you start and where do you stop? We are rapidly becoming a nation without God, self control, or moral intregrity. Hitler, Togo, and Sadam are all laughing at us from their graves. They win - Were destroying our selves.
burnissharp4evr

San Jose, CA

#43 Jan 20, 2013

In oregon/washington/canada the police are not looking for people who toke. wonder about the meth. problem? there is no meth problem where the police dont invade the lives of citizens and let them smoke in peace. the plastic faces from the hypocrite hive are concerned about beer being sold.
does "wake up" mean anything to anyone?
For real

Elizabethtown, KY

#44 Jan 20, 2013
Some people can't comprehend more than one thing at a time --- maybe due to drug use. No one said alcoholism is the only issue Breck Co faces. But we need to try to prevent as much immoral, harmful, and hurtful things as possible. Yes, we have alcoholics, abusive drunks, pill heads, meth heads, child abusers, wife beaters, womanizers, people with no standards or morals. But just because we have many issues, doesn't mean we ignore any one of them.
Hello

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Jan 20, 2013
And we need to worry bout breck not Oregon Washington or Canada!
fear not

Vine Grove, KY

#46 Jan 20, 2013
Gods child wrote:
At Cornith we have morals and know that making this beautiful county wet is wrong! God will strike you down for suggesting such a immoral thing. If we make Breck County a wet county then God will unleash his wrath on all you drunkards and sodomites. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
to you I say this...who put you in charge to judge people and put warning to others??? my God is a merciful God! and He judges... not me or you. soo please don't put warnings in God image you have just made a sin in doing so,
My 2 cents

Vine Grove, KY

#47 Jan 20, 2013
I live in Irvington. I don't care if its wet or dry. I do care if someone drinks and drives tho. what one does in their own home is their business just don't drink and decide to go out and take a chance of hurting someone. some of you might know me when I tell this story and im ok with it but I was critical injuried and my sister to due to a drunk driver..got hit head on by him and he didn't even remember it. if he had stayed home my life would be the same as it was the night I left work but he didn't and now I have to pay for the rest of my life what he did, so if breck is wet or dry it don't matter because they will get it and come back into our county and drink..just don't drive when you do so. like it was said its not the drinking that gets people killed and hurt it the person who drinks that does it.
freely saying

Elizabethtown, KY

#48 Jan 20, 2013
It doesn't matter if we vote yes or no alcohol will still be n our county. It always has been and always will be. This is not about abolishing it. Its about the sell of it in our county. Which would help our county to grow. Alcohol has caused its fair share of fights problems and broken homes but their are many other things that cause this too. Also as I stated above regardless it will be n our county. There are people that abuse everything and cause innocent people to die. But that is the people choosing to drink and drive not the act of selling it n a county. Because if people wanna drink they r going to no matter where they have to go to get it. Also to the Churchs I understand if u don't agree. But u r not suppose to judge. I believe it will be what it will be but u r not my judge and will not tell me I will go to hell. That is between me and God. I don't drink but will vote yes. This is not mayberry nor will it ever be. Its reality.
i know just enough to be

Brandenburg, KY

#49 Jan 20, 2013
freely saying wrote:
It doesn't matter if we vote yes or no alcohol will still be n our county. It always has been and always will be. This is not about abolishing it. Its about the sell of it in our county. Which would help our county to grow. Alcohol has caused its fair share of fights problems and broken homes but their are many other things that cause this too. Also as I stated above regardless it will be n our county. There are people that abuse everything and cause innocent people to die. But that is the people choosing to drink and drive not the act of selling it n a county. Because if people wanna drink they r going to no matter where they have to go to get it. Also to the Churchs I understand if u don't agree. But u r not suppose to judge. I believe it will be what it will be but u r not my judge and will not tell me I will go to hell. That is between me and God. I don't drink but will vote yes. This is not mayberry nor will it ever be. Its reality.
It is sooooo good to finally hear from somebody with a logical, sensible response. I dont know what "Corinth" is, but I do know it isnt someplace I want to be. The God that I serve doesnt beat his children into submission with threats and punishment. He lifts them up with love, kindness and understanding.
freely saying

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 Jan 20, 2013
I just hope that the ones pointing their fingers r completely sin free. As a christan we r suppose to love and understand. Also we r suppose to pray and forgive. Not to go around and wish people into the pits of hell. Its easy to cast stones. But no one is perfect I know I'm very far from it. But as a community we can have different opinions without violating others or having all these bad comments. It says love thy neighbor as thy self. Not love thy neighbor until there is a difference in opinions and then judge and say things that could turn one away from church completely. Think before u voice ur beliefs on others as well as say ur way is the only way.
Churches

Elizabethtown, KY

#51 Jan 20, 2013
I think someone was mocking churches. Christians wouldn't talk like that and cast stones. Also, people shouldn't criticize those preaching "no" to alcohol. It's what they believe in. They aren't judging! They are trying to keep our community a good place to raise children. Be nice to the churches. Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Christians are just doing what they believe in!
freely saying

Elizabethtown, KY

#52 Jan 20, 2013
That's fine. Not saying they r doing wrong for being against alcohol. Just saying everyone has their own opinion. And that should be that. I shouldn't be judged for mine nor should they be judged for theirs but telling someone they r going to hell or that their way is the only way definitely is not right. Everyone wants a great place for their children to grow up n and I of course want the same but I don't need anyone to judge me I have a judge and that is God. Not against churches at all but don't need people to make a mockery. And judging would be telling someone they r going to hell I think. Don't u?? I sure wouldn't call it preaching...
Settle DOWN

Vine Grove, KY

#53 Jan 21, 2013
Settle Down in only 8 days this will be all over and we will either be wet or dry Simple...
Churches

Elizabethtown, KY

#54 Jan 21, 2013
freely saying wrote:
That's fine. Not saying they r doing wrong for being against alcohol. Just saying everyone has their own opinion. And that should be that. I shouldn't be judged for mine nor should they be judged for theirs but telling someone they r going to hell or that their way is the only way definitely is not right. Everyone wants a great place for their children to grow up n and I of course want the same but I don't need anyone to judge me I have a judge and that is God. Not against churches at all but don't need people to make a mockery. And judging would be telling someone they r going to hell I think. Don't u?? I sure wouldn't call it preaching...
. I agree. Judging is not very Christian-like.
Noisy Cricket

Hodgenville, KY

#55 Jan 22, 2013
Maybe we should just start selling meth in this county too! OH WAIT THEY ALREADY DO. This county already has bigger problems, including drunk driving.. I see it all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Miss Tiffany Peek 1 hr I spy 18
1970 GTO Judge sold in hardinsburg in march of ... 11 hr WHODIDIT 4
good luck billy richardson 23 hr Hillbilly 4
5th district magistrate Sun harned 30
Chef BrAndy May 19 Inittowinit 4
judge execitive race May 18 Beanie Baby 17
Lamont “ Ghost” Poole of Chit May 16 Sholene 8

Hardinsburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Hardinsburg Mortgages