Retired SC trooper kills intruder at Bluffton home

Investigators say a retired South Carolina trooper shot and killed a man who attacked him and forced his way into his home. Full Story
local loco

Smithfield, NC

#1 Nov 15, 2012
It's a shame a retired cop and his wife can not sleep in their own home! The guy did the right thing. He was protecting his family. He should be recognized for his support of his family!!! I have said it and I will say it again,I will shoot anyone who is a threat to myself or family, and protect anyone I see who in in deaths way! People need to learn to protect themselves. 911 is not always the best way to handle things. I am happy the Wise family is safe tonight. The person should have never taken the road that led him to catch Wise's bullets. This country needs more survivors not victims. I wonder what the response time was between the 1st complaint (just down the road from Wise) and the arrival of law enforcement. Time flies when you are having fun and it is real slow when you are waiting for someone to come to your aid. Sometimes, too slow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hardeeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge upholds decision to allow Oates case to p... (Mar '12) Feb 23 Heywood Jablomee 2
Bluffton hearts & darts Dec '14 Cleaning lady 1
Hilton Head chamber gets $100,000 from town for... Oct '14 Jake Corgi 1
Fulgham to discuss Civil War history in Hardeev... Sep '14 damn yankee 1
Camera and radar bill will make roads safer (Feb '11) Aug '14 TN Voter 6
Review: Daily Massage (Aug '11) Aug '14 David P 5
Hardeeville City Council selects Williams as ne... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Green pond sc 1
Hardeeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hardeeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:06AM
Hidden Gems Jaguars Should Have Noticed at Combine
NFL11:50 AM