Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander

Posted in the Harborcreek Forum

First Prev
of 44
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 7, 2011
I am thinking that a certain someone bit off a bit more than they could chew! What is the matter was the hot seat too hot? You got a taste of your own medicine and just could not take it anymore. You did all those mean/hateful things to others, expected them to sit back and take it. My question to you is how does it feel? How does it feel being accused of taking things? How does it feel to be bullied and badgered? How does it feel to be treated poorly in public? Yes word travels fast in a small town like this! So when are we expecting the Mayors resignation? Seeing how the Secretary will no longer be there to tell her what to do, what to say and how to act. Boy this trio sure is full of surprises! What's next? Continued until next month.
wattsburg resident

Erie, PA

#2 Mar 7, 2011
My first meeting in Wattsburg and I am so appalled at the behavior of so called professional people.
I want to say that I am sorry for raising my voice there tonite but i wanted to be heard and people were being treated very very poorly there. I have sat on a few boards and I have ran meetings , I must say i never had a lawyer sitting beside me telling me what to say or do. Are we not even educated enough to know how to run a meeting. My sons behavior was a reaction to people screaming at me and he wont be going back.Not because the President said so , but because I said so. My husband also was protective of me and told that man to not yell and point at me like he was doing at the time. And he gets his hand slapped away. Now we have state police telling us they want him charged. what a joke. We need change and change can be done . Just support the people who are running to represent your interests and concerns. Call us, stop by our homes Tell us what you want done because we are to work for you.I have also one more thing to say. My son is mentally challenged We dont refer to him as retarded We dont use that term. And for that man to call my son that put up my temper No one messes with my children or my grandchildren.Thank you for your time of reading this. Lets work together to make our town a decent , and fair place to live.
WOW

Meadville, PA

#3 Mar 8, 2011
OMG Drama!! Very interesting. Not very funny. Could have been handled much more professionally...But this is WATTSBURG!
zippo

Canton, TX

#4 Mar 8, 2011
So the pressure got to be too much.I here she should've practiced fairness ,people would've let her do her job.but when you do and say the things she and hers did a few took offernse.What goes around comes around.and it's not close to being finished.
appalled

Erie, PA

#5 Mar 8, 2011
wattsburg resident wrote:
My first meeting in Wattsburg and I am so appalled at the behavior of so called professional people.
I want to say that I am sorry for raising my voice there tonite but i wanted to be heard and people were being treated very very poorly there. I have sat on a few boards and I have ran meetings , I must say i never had a lawyer sitting beside me telling me what to say or do. Are we not even educated enough to know how to run a meeting. My sons behavior was a reaction to people screaming at me and he wont be going back.Not because the President said so , but because I said so. My husband also was protective of me and told that man to not yell and point at me like he was doing at the time. And he gets his hand slapped away. Now we have state police telling us they want him charged. what a joke. We need change and change can be done . Just support the people who are running to represent your interests and concerns. Call us, stop by our homes Tell us what you want done because we are to work for you.I have also one more thing to say. My son is mentally challenged We dont refer to him as retarded We dont use that term. And for that man to call my son that put up my temper No one messes with my children or my grandchildren.Thank you for your time of reading this. Lets work together to make our town a decent , and fair place to live.
WHAT??? Your son was called retarded in a public meeting? That is nothing short of ignorant, and is at the very least unprofessional! I know, who ever called this board professional? The individual who used the term "retarded" should be drawn and quartered!!! I can almost guess who that person was!!! This makes me so angry!!! I also have a son who was diagnosed as LD, learning disabled, and is now in college,(mainstream I might add) carrying a B average!! He is not in a special class nor does he get special tutoring, he is doing this all on his OWN!!! The individual who speaks against any person who may be challenged in the manner deserves all the fires of hell to rain down on them!!!!!!

And as far as resignations, I can only say, it is a God awful shame that this one, and others that should, hadn't happened sooner!!! Big Yip, there's lower taxes, but hey, when pay increases went in their pockets I don't see where the taxes being lowered really mean't a thing? Sure didn't see anything being done to benefit the town, or it's people where the money came from!!!!

It's about time this loudmouthed, busy body, sorted out their own lives, instead of trying to be LORD over all others?? And,hey,, did she ever answer the question of office invasion at 11 pm?? Probably not, probably got all the info possible on everyone she wanted it on, so why does she need to remain secretary and be expected to do something constructive any longer!!!

I agree.... "what goes around comes around!" "Reep what you have sown lady, no one wanted your "crop" anyway!"

Location hidden

#6 Mar 8, 2011
Intimidation only works for so long. To accuse an older woman of it is just "LUDICROUS"! The only intimidation that the people in Wattsburg see is the intimidation they receive from the Secretary, the Mayor, and the President of Council. Just like the little one that sits at the table she is afraid to go against the trio, because she is meek and mild tempered. So if she was to agree with the one they don't like she would get bullied and badgered! Time for a change and the first part of the trio is gone, now just for the remainder to go or be brought down a couple notches on their pedestals. Good luck to Wattsburg.
appalled

Erie, PA

#7 Mar 8, 2011
Poor Baby wrote:
Intimidation only works for so long. To accuse an older woman of it is just "LUDICROUS"! The only intimidation that the people in Wattsburg see is the intimidation they receive from the Secretary, the Mayor, and the President of Council. Just like the little one that sits at the table she is afraid to go against the trio, because she is meek and mild tempered. So if she was to agree with the one they don't like she would get bullied and badgered! Time for a change and the first part of the trio is gone, now just for the remainder to go or be brought down a couple notches on their pedestals. Good luck to Wattsburg.
I say BULLSH**!!!! the whole lot of them should go, meaning the trio!! The mayor can't get a backbone unless she has her secretary behind her, and the mayors old man has proven he uses his mouth more than his brain! It is time, that the lot of them step down, and get their own lives in order and lay off the townspeople! It is time that fairness and public concern be put into that office!!!! It is time that the townspeople have someone who puts their pants on in the morning the same way they do!!! Someone who realizes that in the end, we all are EQUAL!!! NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY OR HOW FANCY A HOME WE HAVE, WE ARE ALL EQUAL, AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH!!!
zippo

Canton, TX

#8 Mar 8, 2011
Is taking files out of the office a criminal offense?Her excuse was to save on overtime? A thorough state audit needs to be conducted.She better hire a lawyer she's going to need one.
citizen

Meadville, PA

#9 Mar 8, 2011
Calling a mentally challenged individually no matter how old "Retarded" is a sin and a shame...This person who did this should resign. That is unacceptable especially in a government office and public meeting. Also, it is V E R Y unprofessional..
What has this town stooped too. How much more can happen. Where is pride? Another reason to make us a laughing stock. I do not want these people representing "My Town" as professionals and examples of our boro....

Location hidden

#10 Mar 8, 2011
citizen wrote:
Calling a mentally challenged individually no matter how old "Retarded" is a sin and a shame...This person who did this should resign. That is unacceptable especially in a government office and public meeting. Also, it is V E R Y unprofessional..
What has this town stooped too. How much more can happen. Where is pride? Another reason to make us a laughing stock. I do not want these people representing "My Town" as professionals and examples of our boro....
Agreed! But honestly when he said "Retard" that just showed his mentality level. Never should anyone use that word freely. I often wonder, if the mentally challenged are the ones with the problems! In all honestly look at them, they live freely, love wisely, and usually always have a smile on their faces! I think society has it backwards, yes they may not think like we do. But maybe we should start thinking like they do. Maybe we would live in a much happier place!
appalled

Erie, PA

#11 Mar 8, 2011
Poor Baby wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! But honestly when he said "Retard" that just showed his mentality level. Never should anyone use that word freely. I often wonder, if the mentally challenged are the ones with the problems! In all honestly look at them, they live freely, love wisely, and usually always have a smile on their faces! I think society has it backwards, yes they may not think like we do. But maybe we should start thinking like they do. Maybe we would live in a much happier place!
Oh how I agree with you!!! And it is plain to see that this person who resorted to name calling will never be in that place of living freely, or always having a smile on their face. Or for that matter ever really be happy with the world he lives in. Seems if he can't rule the world, then he is NOT a happy person. He should take the time to look inside himself and see his own "handicap"... he won't have to look far, especially when the world around him can already see it!!!!
appalled

Erie, PA

#12 Mar 8, 2011
AND... don't you think that it is time to call the television stations and the newspapers to have them come out and conduct an interview with her? I mean really, they were the first ones to want their mugs plastered all over the big screen when the taxes got lowered!!! Wouldn't it be a hoot if they came out and confronted about this resignation? I can see it now..... "WAH WAH!!! I DON'T GET RESPECT!!! I CAN'T HANDLE BEING ACCUSED!!!! I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT ARE ASKED OF ME WITHOUT THE BORO LAWYER!!! I HAVE TO SNEAK AROUND AND DIG UP DIRT ON OTHER PEOPLE AND THEN THEY CALL ME SNEAKY AND UNFIT FOR THE JOB!!! THEY DON'T APPRECIATE A THING I DO, EVEN IF IT IS TREAT OTHERS UNFAIRLY!!!'

Yeah... I see it...
appalled

Erie, PA

#13 Mar 8, 2011
I'll take the secretary job...
just to say

Bellevue, WA

#14 Mar 8, 2011
appalled wrote:
I'll take the secretary job...
as long as you can get the council to ban the Kim thing from oming into the office everyday and asking for things, oh thats right she already took everything she needs out of the office
appalled

Erie, PA

#15 Mar 8, 2011
just to say wrote:
<quoted text>as long as you can get the council to ban the Kim thing from oming into the office everyday and asking for things, oh thats right she already took everything she needs out of the office
grinning!!! I'm hearing you!

Location hidden

#16 Mar 9, 2011
This is all just funny! Does anyone else notice that there is not one person on here, talking about other families! This is the way it should be, you should never bring family members into your discussions. Especially on a site like this! There should never be any discussions of personal lives on here. Because they are just that PERSONAL! So I want to thank you all for keeping to the subject and not tormenting others. Only the truth about how some are using their positions to get what they want and get at who they want. The truth only and nothing else will be acceptable.

Just want to say to "Wattsburg Resident" I am sorry for the way things were handled. I hear they were way out of line. There is no excuse for the way some council members conduct themselves. NONE AT ALL! I wish there was a way to remove or make them pay a fine for the way they behave/behaved. It is embarrassing to tell anyone where we are from. A place that used to be so nice, even when all the bars were opened. Oh I guess that is my answer, it was nice because just that "the bars were open" and the trouble makers were there causing havoc! So go back to your barstools, because this town is fed up with the way your TRIO treats everyone! Want to cause problems find somewhere else to do it. It is time Wattsburg steps up, fights back for what they know is RIGHT!

I also here that some of the council members want to charge back bills, to home owners and apartment owners for prior deals made. That is truly sad, you tell me with the prices of GAS, NATURAL GAS, ELECTRICITY, GROCERIES, an astronomical WATER BILL (already) Just how do they expect these people to make it? IT WILL DEVASTATE THIS TOWN IF COUNCIL ALLOWS THAT TO HAPPEN! WE ARE ALREADY DROWNING IN DEBT DON'T MAKE IT WORSE!
citizen

Meadville, PA

#17 Mar 9, 2011
You are absolutely correct "Poor Baby". It is refreshing to speak of a topic without all the smut and bashing. I would like to see this done at the Boro meetings also. Speaking on the business at hand without all the drama and disrespect. I want to see people working together to get the problems resolved "FAIRLY" without the vindictivness that was going on and the personal vendettas that were trying to be carried out. It is just wrong what was happening. If the townspeople did not think personal vendetta's were going on, they are wrong. I am hoping that the boro carefully chooses the next secretary, makes sure she has experience and credentials> Just does her job and not try to 'run the show' so to speak. It is the councils job to vote and say what decisions are made, not the boro secretary....I hope more people start attending the meetings...Lets all get along and work together now....
old timer

Edinboro, PA

#18 Mar 9, 2011
what I am seeing on the blog now is what should be on here, things need to be changed and done fairly if you get rid of the three amigos the town may just get back to normal. It is a start and if any one reads the news letter it just goes to show you just how much they think of themselves.They blame everyone else I do not think the old council ever acted like that to the people at the meetings. But if I remember they did not have a lawyer sitting at every meeting. They say they saved the boro money well I think it went to the Lawyer.
zippo

Canton, TX

#19 Mar 9, 2011
Cim took work out of the office? Is that legal? Must not be very smart,last sec did all the work in her allotted time and according to Cim spent most of her time on smoke breaks.It's not rocket science.
mullet hater

Erie, PA

#20 Mar 9, 2011
I have to ask, what did everyone in that town honeslty think was going to happen when they elected Donna? i mean really??.... nothing but a whole band of yahoos.
and now that mullet head resignd do you think she going to set back and leave people alone, don't think sooo. She'll drag people and any personal info thru the dirt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 44
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harborcreek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The City Council... making sense now 11 min Wes 1
C. Prep 40 min bozo the clown 45
Laurie Eaton is taking MECA to cleaners...read.. 1 hr crazy eyez 45
Impending Ferguson Riots 3 hr Big Negroshare 48
Browns bars? 4 hr The Bishop 6
Zug "my farts are delicious" zwang 4 hr ZUGZWANG 1
red tomato 4 hr Zugzwang Eats His... 3
Harborcreek Dating
Find my Match

Harborcreek People Search