Magnificent Michigan coast made for b...

Magnificent Michigan coast made for bicycling | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 13, 2010, titled Magnificent Michigan coast made for bicycling | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

In the mitten-shaped state of Michigan, there is perhaps no prettier roadway than the squiggly one up north bordering the outer tip of the state's ring finger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

SMH

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Sep 10, 2010
The Tunnel of Trees is beautiful! I have been to Michigan every summer all of my life (54 years). There is always something else to see. Wonderful article!
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Sep 10, 2010
It's a damm shame that MI's economy is in the dumper.With all that water access it could be a tourism juiced bonanza in warm weather and a winter sports destination of National repute.
The hunting and fishing is outstanding.There are places where there are so many pheasant they're considered annoyances or pests.
There is one relevant socio-economic lesson to be learned from MI's current situation.
The Rich of Petoskey,Charlevoix etc. are doing Just Fine; while the working classes are mostly ON THE ROPES.
Thanks a pantload for all you've done Mr.Cheney,you evil cyborg creep.
Ken

Vancouver, WA

#3 Sep 15, 2010
ABC wrote:
It's a damm shame that MI's economy is in the dumper.With all that water access it could be a tourism juiced bonanza in warm weather and a winter sports destination of National repute.
The hunting and fishing is outstanding.There are places where there are so many pheasant they're considered annoyances or pests.
There is one relevant socio-economic lesson to be learned from MI's current situation.
The Rich of Petoskey,Charlevoix etc. are doing Just Fine; while the working classes are mostly ON THE ROPES.
Thanks a pantload for all you've done Mr.Cheney,you evil cyborg creep.
Actually, the rich aren't doing fine at all. A lot of them were border line rich at best and many were doing it all with mirrors. Numerous ones are trying to dump their second homes and owe more than their primary homes are worth. Their stocks are down the toilet along with their net assets.

If you really want to thank someone - thank Mr. Bill Clinton and his "make sure you lend everyone anything they want and don't forget to include the poor with no source of income to pay back what they borrow". "I feel your pain.......pass me another cigar Monica."

And, lest we forget, wart face herself, our dear governor......"In five years we're all going to be blown away". Yes dear, just like tumbleweed in a ghost town. Finally, the fruits of being a one industry state.
Mike Unt

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 15, 2010
Ever notice how many people in Michigan have bad teeth?
Ken

Vancouver, WA

#5 Sep 17, 2010
Mike Unt wrote:
Ever notice how many people in Michigan have bad teeth?
It comes from all the teeth chattering that we do all winter long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harbor Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hughes net sucks (Sep '16) Sep '16 Fed up 1
The Religion of Politics. (Aug '16) Aug '16 venus flytrap 1
News Gaylord Diocese to celebrate 40th anniversary (Sep '11) Sep '13 someone who cares 5
looking for a lost person (Jul '13) Jul '13 Angel 1
Jeremy Jones owner of [email protected] Garage Door (Feb '11) Oct '12 Phil Hoffman 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Michigan (... (Oct '10) Nov '11 Sandynutsisgay 37
News Holy trespassing, Batman (May '11) Jun '11 Phil Hoffman 8

Harbor Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harbor Springs Mortgages