eco-wackos stage daring $600 million ...

eco-wackos stage daring $600 million daylight robbery!

There are 3 comments on the story from Apr 11, 2008, titled eco-wackos stage daring $600 million daylight robbery!. In it, reports that:

California to be home to $600 million global warming research center

California will establish a high-profile, $600 million research center to devise solutions for global warming, the Public Utilities Commission decided in a 5-0 vote Thursday.

The California Institute for Climate Solutions will have a $60 million budget each year for 10 years. The money will come from ratepayers of the state's major utilities, including Pacific Gas & Electric, which serves much of Northern California.

. . . .

A ratepayer's advocacy group, The Utility Reform Network of San Francisco, says the $600 million will go on electric bills that also might increase 30 percent in coming years to fund state-mandated greenhouse-gas-reduction programs.

"By cramming all these well-meaning proposals into electric bills, we may be creating more problems than we're solving," said TURN Executive Director Mark Toney. "With the economy in a downward spiral, higher rates mean more and more Californians will be unable to afford essentials like lighting, heating or cooling their homes, and cooking."

Join the discussion below, or

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#1 Apr 12, 2008
As Dante was quoted in the "Inferno", the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

While this is bad news for california it will be good news for the rest of the country.

Also this might encourage more of california's illeagal immigrants to head back to mexico as well.
mr Giblets

#2 Apr 12, 2008
that's just what you need to make the world cooler - more huge offices filled with geeks and beardy activists. I hope they are hit by several blackouts.

“The world as I know it”

Since: Dec 06

#3 Apr 15, 2008
mr Giblets wrote:
that's just what you need to make the world cooler - more huge offices filled with geeks and beardy activists. I hope they are hit by several blackouts.
hey dont forget they need more payola to fund bali cocktail parties where they can generate the carbon footprint of a small country and talk of how they want to change the world by destroying other peoples lives

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harbor-City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 5 hr Human 274
News State Supreme Court won't review case of Long B... (Apr '10) 11 hr Cali 20
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Tyrone Abdul Carp 21,492
News Five Things To Do Today, Wednesday, March 21 | ... 13 hr Jason 1
News Fatal shooting victim ID; man, woman shot Sunda... (Oct '11) 14 hr -Anon 16
Torrance Music Thread (Apr '14) Thu Musikologist 9
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Mar 20 bly7 3,783

Harbor-City Jobs

Personal Finance

Harbor-City Mortgages