Ery Valdez, 15-Year-Old Harbor City Boy, Shot Dead on Sidewalk After Argument

May 5, 2011 Full story: LA Weekly 9

A Latino boy from Harbor City was murdered last night. Police originally believed him to be in his 20s -- even 30s -- but the coroner identifies him this morning as 15-year-old Ery Valdez .

Full Story
A CONCERNED PARENT

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 8, 2011
It is so sad that we are losing our babies to senseless violence. we must continue to watch and pray and lead by example.......... May God Bless Ery's Family and whoever did this remember GOD SEES EVERYTHING!
Morris the Cat

Monterey Park, CA

#2 May 8, 2011
He was a gangmember... little ones grow into big ones!
Another parent

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 9, 2011
Morris the Cat wrote:
He was a little boy who went to Harbor City Elementary school for 6 years. He did not deserve to die like a dog on the street for any reason. Even bin ladden had a more honorable death.
boyy

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 9, 2011
To="Morris the cat
Ur a dumb ediot he wasn't a gang member
He was a little kid just having fun at his friends house trying to go home late at night and retarded gang members shoot the wrong ppl
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#5 May 10, 2011
boyy wrote:
To="Morris the cat
Ur a dumb ediot he wasn't a gang member
He was a little kid just having fun at his friends house trying to go home late at night and retarded gang members shoot the wrong ppl
Uhhh... It is "idiot" not ediot! Another product of the LAUSD.:(
MARCIAL 13

Los Angeles, CA

#6 May 17, 2011
Morris the Cat wrote:
every gang member should die is wat u are saying.
i know you hve gang members in your family.
should they die.i know people who are in gangs and now they help people get off the streets.
ery was my friend.he was not a gang member just because of where someone stays shouldnt mean they are in gangs. you have some ridiculous comments. im growing up in the same city and i have a 3.2 G.P.A.. and looking forward to join the United States Marine Corps.
god may forgive you for being so ignorant but im a proud friend and a good citizen you have no right to say that u didnt even know him to even judge him like that.
if u had a lil cuzin or a nephew would you say "little ones turn into big ones!"
i bet you you wouldnt...
GHT

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jun 21, 2011
R.I.p TikiPunch
Sam

Lomita, CA

#8 May 29, 2012
So sad that kids die this way. Wheather he was or wasn't a gang member who knows, but for the "Gangmembers" that have been shot and killed I feel bad, but I can't help but think that they brought it upon themselves by involving themselves in such things.
Andrea sickass chucky

Long Beach, CA

#9 Jun 9, 2012
Damn homie I know the past year we didn't get to kikiit pero is sad that I found out late I wish I would of been there to say goodbye I'll miss you homie u will always be oin our hearts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harbor-City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawyer accused of ethics breach (Mar '08) 2 hr SCmm 56
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 6 hr Steve 3,178
US Post Office: Bixby Station will close 2-17-15 6 hr Larry 1
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 9 hr ska kitten 4,503
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr miss g 19,588
Review: One Stop Engine Rebuilding Fri mossy seaman 2
UK: Panicked teen hanged himself after receivi... Fri Jane 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at January 24 at 6:04PM PST

Harbor-City News Video

Harbor-City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harbor-City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:14 pm PST