Remembering Drew Johnson - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

By all accounts, Hermitage High School grad Drew Johnson had a personality that could light up a room.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
unreal

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Guest wrote:
How dare ANY of you insult Drew. How DARE you judge and insult his friends and family for dealing with his death and grieving in their own way. We are free to remember Drew in any way we want. And to say that you were waiting for something like this to happen?! Do you have a soul?? You're going to hell. And that's a shame, because you'll miss out on Drew & Jesus smokin' a fattie together.
How dare ANY of you insult Drew. How DARE you judge and insult his friends and family for dealing with his death and grieving in their own way. We are free to remember Drew in any way we want. And to say that you were waiting for something like this to happen?! Do you have a soul?? You're going to hell. And that's a shame, because you'll miss out on Drew & Jesus smokin' a fattie together.
WOW..That last sentence tells you (us as parents) where these kids heads are at. This is a very sad situation for all. As parents we need to be there for our kids. Stop turning our heads,open our eyes and open the communication line between us and our children and give them the guidance they need.These kids are going to soon be adults they think that drinking and doing drugs is the answer to dealing with issues in their lives. Our teens are committing suicide, putting them selves in situations that cause them harm. If there's just one teen get's something out of this then that's what matters. Yes, Drew would want his friends to celebrate his life but just maybe not in such a destructive manner and would want everybody including "Dana" to have some respect for the families by not posting the crap about drinking or smoking one for him.If anything this should be a serious wake up call for the "Group". Our thoughts and prayers go out to all families involved.
Not a parent

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

good friend wrote:
Drew would punch us all in the face if we weren't drinking. All you parents can suck it. Were gonna mourn however we want to. love you drew
Really? Wow... clueless. So is this going to be an endless cycle? When is your "group" going to learn that thoughtless comments like this do not justify your destructive behavior? Someone had mentioned that this is their 4th person close to them that had passed away, specifically related to alcohol. This is not a number to be proud of, but yet a wake-up call to do something about it.(Sorry to the person who made this comment - I'm not trying to attack you but use your comment as a reference and an example)

I agree whole-heartedly that everyone should remember Drew and how much he touched so many people's hearts. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family as well as anyone who is personally affected. However, can't you all see what the root-cause of all of this is? I'm sure you are all aware of the dangers that everyone preaches about, but hopefully this will register a little deeper now that it's become real.
unreal

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Not a parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Wow... clueless. So is this going to be an endless cycle? When is your "group" going to learn that thoughtless comments like this do not justify your destructive behavior? Someone had mentioned that this is their 4th person close to them that had passed away, specifically related to alcohol. This is not a number to be proud of, but yet a wake-up call to do something about it.(Sorry to the person who made this comment - I'm not trying to attack you but use your comment as a reference and an example)
I agree whole-heartedly that everyone should remember Drew and how much he touched so many people's hearts. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family as well as anyone who is personally affected. However, can't you all see what the root-cause of all of this is? I'm sure you are all aware of the dangers that everyone preaches about, but hopefully this will register a little deeper now that it's become real.
Thank You...you took the words right out of my mouth...get a clue kids...

Since: Apr 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Noone should be arguing over what coulda shoulda woulda happened, this is about drew. everyone is getting over it in their own way and if this hasn't taught a lesson then thats the own persons fault. I love our group and i wouldn't change a thing about it. Smoking and drinking may not be you alls thing but it was drews. Obviously god thought it was drews time to go and he probably is smoking a fattie whop with biggie and tupac right now. I love nick and drew and i will to the day i die<3
Catt

Brookeville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

4

If any of you knew Drew, you wouldn't be talking trash under his story. With that being said, you can take your own advice, grow up & keep your negative comments to yourself. You didn't know him, so mind your business. If youre so concerned about teens, get off the internet & go bother your own kids because I can almost guarantee they're doing worse things than drinking behind your back. Thanks. RIP Drew, I love you.<3
friend

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

to good friend from richmond va, you may of been a great friend of drew's and i am so sorry for your loss but I am not a parent, i graduated with drew and yall need to wake up and see that someone has died BECAUSE OF ALCOHOL and for you say drew would punch you in the face for not drinking is an insult to his death. you would say that it would take someone dying to get yall to tighten the hell up but obviously that wasn't enough... were 18 dont you think that you are living too fast your have the rest of your life to get drunk cant you take a break and mourn a friend's life sober...after all that is what the bible says so i think jesus will pass on the fattie and for the person who says that we are going to hell for TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE STOP DRINKING does need professional help one thing i know for sure is that if you are going to drink illegally do so without driving because that is a cause that drew died for
wow

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

"How dare ANY of you insult Drew. How DARE you judge and insult his friends and family for dealing with his death and grieving in their own way. We are free to remember Drew in any way we want. And to say that you were waiting for something like this to happen?! Do you have a soul??YOU'RE GOING TO HELL . And that's a shame, because you'll miss out on Drew & Jesus smokin' a fattie together."

^did you just tell that person to go to hell thats sick, i'm sure thats what drews parents are saying, i'm sure they love ya'll drinking for their son, spark an l for him raise a beer but ya'lls pictures are online looking crazy with r.i.p drew on your stomachs and huge smiles on your faces advertising your beer you kinda make it look for u not for drew
friend

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't mind anybody drinking, almost everyone does it. Do you. Moderation is key when it comes to everything though.

I can't nor would I ever speak for Drew, but I'll speak for me. Drew's death isn't a reason to party. It's almost ironic when people make it a plan to get drunk after all of this. If alcohol wasn't involved that night, things might be a little different today. Yes, Drew enjoyed himself, but now that it harmed Drew, he can't tell you himself to be careful, so I will tell you myself to be careful. I hope every one of Drew's friends thinks about that. Honor his life with a designated driver. Someone said it was a wake up call and that's exactly what is.

I can't imagine how Nick is feeling. My prayers and whole heart goes out to him constantly(as well as Drew and Judd and his family). I don't know what I would do if I were in his shoes. I don't know if I would ever drink again. I miss both of these guys and hope this doesn't offend anyone, but it's how I feel out of love.

May God bless you all.
Gull

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 10, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I never had the opportunity to meet Drew but I feel certain if he was like his dad,whom I've known for a long time,he was a great guy and will be missed.Larry,my prayers go out to you and the rest of your family.
Guest

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 10, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Drinking is NOT the way to honor his memory. It is kind of sad that people are trying to remember him this way. People don't generally mourn by getting wasted at parties. Just saying.
I'm sorry this had to happen to such a young lively guy, though. My condolences go out to the family.
outsider looking in

Cosby, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 10, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I know of these people, but not friends. The greatest of tragedies has happened. A loved one was lost. That is the ONLY thing that matters right now. Respect those whose lives have been burdened by loss. Don't be the one to cast the first stone or any stone. I can not believe the indecency of people in Virginia.
Concerned parent

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 10, 2010
 
friend wrote:
I don't mind anybody drinking, almost everyone does it. Do you. Moderation is key when it comes to everything though.
I can't nor would I ever speak for Drew, but I'll speak for me. Drew's death isn't a reason to party. It's almost ironic when people make it a plan to get drunk after all of this. If alcohol wasn't involved that night, things might be a little different today. Yes, Drew enjoyed himself, but now that it harmed Drew, he can't tell you himself to be careful, so I will tell you myself to be careful. I hope every one of Drew's friends thinks about that. Honor his life with a designated driver. Someone said it was a wake up call and that's exactly what is.
I can't imagine how Nick is feeling. My prayers and whole heart goes out to him constantly(as well as Drew and Judd and his family). I don't know what I would do if I were in his shoes. I don't know if I would ever drink again. I miss both of these guys and hope this doesn't offend anyone, but it's how I feel out of love.
May God bless you all.
Well said.
Guest

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Apr 11, 2010
 
"I can not believe the indecency of people in Virginia." Oh good grief, the WHOLE state? pfffft. Only a few people said something about drinking/smoking. MOST of the posts were defending Drew and Nick. So what, a few people were concerned because they didn't want to see anyone else get hurt --maybe they wanted the people involved to learn from it. So that statement is about as moronic as one of us saying:"I cannot believe the amount of morons who live in Hampton, TN" You can't group the ENTIRE freaking state of Virginia to ALL having the exact same opinion. Ridiculous.
Jessica

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 11, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

My prayers go out to the family and the children who are going down the wrong path. I pray you all find healing soon. All God's blessings.
LOVE you

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I LOVE YOU DREW AND NICK!!
MISS YOU SO MUCH DREW!
friend

Dillwyn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 11, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

While I don't condone underage drinking, I think it's important to remember that none of us should be drinking and driving. Drew lost his life trying to keep this very thing from happening. Let's be responsible in honor of Drew.
REAL CLOSE BLACK FRIEND

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 11, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

NICK BROOKS SHOULD FRY N JAIL! IF HE WAS BLACK HE WOULD NEVA SEE DA LIGHT AGAIN. HOWEVER YOU PUT IT "ITS MURDER". DUI COME ON HE IS ONLY GONE B PROBATION AFTER HE GOES 2 COURT. JUSTICES WASNT SERVED.. R.I.P drew
A FRIEND

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Apr 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

NICK BROOKS SHOULD FRY N JAIL! IF HE WAS BLACK HE WOULD NEVA SEE DA LIGHT AGAIN. HOWEVER YOU PUT IT "ITS MURDER". DUI COME ON HE IS ONLY GONE BE ON PROBATION AFTER HE GOES 2 COURT. JUSTICES WASNT SERVED.. R.I.P drew
unreal

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Apr 12, 2010
 
A FRIEND wrote:
NICK BROOKS SHOULD FRY N JAIL! IF HE WAS BLACK HE WOULD NEVA SEE DA LIGHT AGAIN. HOWEVER YOU PUT IT "ITS MURDER". DUI COME ON HE IS ONLY GONE BE ON PROBATION AFTER HE GOES 2 COURT. JUSTICES WASNT SERVED.. R.I.P drew
OH LORD HERE WE GO WITH THE "IF HE WAS BLACK" BS..you need to take your getto BS somewhere else. Nic was one of Drew's best friends. Nic has a heavy load on him with dealing with the fact that Drew is gone and he had a part of it. As hard as it is right now for Nic to see he needs to realize it wasn't all his fault. Drew was the one who laid in front of that car and how many FRIENDS from the "GROUP" were there drinking, smoking a fattie and doing there thing..but gee non were smart enough or should I say sober enough to stop the whole thing. Yes, Nic was behind the wheel but everybody that was there is at fault. My prayers go out to the Johnson family and Brooks family as well and for all of you that were there but apparently to wasted to do anything.
concerned parent

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Apr 13, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Do they teach grammer or puctuation in school anymore? Also, to those jumping on the person who wrote they were "waiting for something like this to happen"... can you not grasp that they are saying that they were anticipating it, not "hoping" for it? The fact that needs explaining is alarming.

To Drew's family and friends, I am truly sorry for your loss and hope that the insensitive and ignorant comments being posted do not impact you or your memory of Drew. No parent wants to see thier child memoralized by "smoking a blunt" so please use candor when posting your tributes and realize that it is his parents that will read them.. not Drew.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of45
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••