Parking in hanover county park at odds with Dixie Day event - wtvr

Full story: WTVR
A Civil War battle re-enactment won't happen in Hanover County this year due to parking problems. Full Story
Shannon Pritchard

Seymour, IN

#1 Feb 18, 2010
Let me get this straight, the county gov't is so dis-functional that one department cannot make use of unused assets of other departments?
Billy Bearden

United States

#2 Feb 19, 2010
The same county people tried to shut them down in 2005, but only succeeded in hurting innocent children. Now comes some lame parking issue attempt at shutting them down? Dixie Days has ALWAYS drawn crowds in the THOUSANDS!

Thier website claims "Tradition and History" but thier actions are discrimation and political correctness.

If the group was the Jihadie Terrorists for Allah Community Action Network, they would have enough parking, complete with free shuttles and refreshments.
Billy Bearden

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2010
To clarify, it is the Hanover County website, and the tradition history thing is thier supposed motto.

L I A R S !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Thornburg Auto & Truck Repair Oct 20 gary 1
Kelci Filback (Nov '11) Oct 15 Thats right 6
Ashland business leader faces 9 sex charges (Sep '13) Aug '14 next generation 4
3rd man sentenced in theft of Va. Guard equipme... (May '12) Aug '14 firsthandknowledge 13
Review: Romp n' Roll Jul '14 Anonymous 1
Power Abuse Jun '14 Howard Kang 4
Review: Dominion Equipment Parts, LLC Jun '14 dominionrichmond 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]