Suspect in Hanover ax attack is ordered held without bond

Oct 27, 2009 Full story: Richmond Times-Dispatch 7

A Lee-Davis High School student surrendered without resistance to Hanover County authorities last week as a classmate lay a few feet away, severely injured from an ax attack that sloughed off the side of the victim's face.

Full Story

“FREE OMAR”

Since: Oct 09

Mechanicsville, VA

#1 Oct 29, 2009
i know the real reason. its because his name is abdelaal. he is no "threat to the community"

Since: Oct 08

Richmond, VA

#2 Oct 30, 2009
He attacked someone with an ax. It took 120 stitches to sew the victim's face back together.

That seems like a good enough reason to me to hold someone without bond, regardless of their name.

“FREE OMAR”

Since: Oct 09

Mechanicsville, VA

#3 Oct 30, 2009
NoMotoCross wrote:
He attacked someone with an ax. It took 120 stitches to sew the victim's face back together.
That seems like a good enough reason to me to hold someone without bond, regardless of their name.
but they didnt take into account that it was self defense. if someone acted in self defense, that doesnt make them a "threat to the community."
Whoucisme

Mechanicsville, VA

#4 Oct 30, 2009
The kid didn't "lay there"...for starters....and he & his group of "wanna-be redneck buddies" (more like poor lil' rich thugs) have apparently been provoking this kid (and others) repeatedly this school year & last school year....and started this incident at school, then to McDonald's, then to Tractor Supply....I'd like to know why & HOW a minor is held for well over 5 DAYS without being allowed contact with his parents? I'd like to know how & WHY all those involved...(from what I hear over 1/2 dozen "necks" vs 2 "non-necks") are back in school with the exception of the boy protecting himself. It's obvious he's not a threat. Had he been a threat there'd be no stitches...he would've been decapitated. Think about it. The media is really enjoying this story & playing right into the hands of the lil' rich thugs families....too bad there's just too many who know just a bit more of the reality of this
Big Redneck Truckdriver

Martinsville, VA

#5 Oct 30, 2009
He is not a redneck and a thug. He is just a rich kid having his parents bail his way out of trouble all the time. That is why they always get away with everything. They should throw him in jail and leave him there and let someone chop away at him.
cool story bro

Mechanicsville, VA

#7 Nov 5, 2009
fgerytghshftru

Mechanicsville, VA

#8 Dec 2, 2009
okay b****es let me tell you some thing omar i know him really well more then you probley do.
he is a nice boy.
he was threaten by rednecks ( Fu** the rednecks).
and he is now getting tried as a adult.
wtf???? he is not over 18.
this sucks and guess what i am all for what omar did i am on his side no matter what.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calling all politically minded individuals 17 hr roseytheriveter 1
need cheap car! Tue roe23510 1
Skip Fischer Nov '14 con buster 1
Review: Thornburg Auto & Truck Repair Oct '14 Thornburg Auto 2
Kelci Filback (Nov '11) Oct '14 Thats right 6
Ashland business leader faces 9 sex charges (Sep '13) Aug '14 next generation 4
3rd man sentenced in theft of Va. Guard equipme... (May '12) Aug '14 firsthandknowledge 13
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:00 am PST