Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots Alleged ...

Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots Alleged Robber - wtvr

There are 92 comments on the WTVR story from Sep 20, 2010, titled Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots Alleged Robber - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Investigators in Hanover County say it appears that a robber targeted the wrong pizza delivery driver.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Johnny Opsec

Ashburn, VA

#62 Sep 21, 2010
Morris Shifflett wrote:
If Papa John's fires that driver. I will never buy another pizza from them ever, and encourage my friends to boycott them as well. That driver deserves a medal and a raise.
You my friend are spot on, i will be watching the outcome of this closely... if he gets fired Papa Johns will loose me as a customer. if anything, give this guy a commercial, its gotta be better than anything there running now,
Papa Johns, Better Guns, Better Shot
history buff

Richmond, VA

#63 Sep 21, 2010
ccw in ny wrote:
I think the amount of money the pizza guy had on him at the time is not important.$20 or $20,000, doesn't matter. He had a gun shoved in his back. If the pizza guy felt his life was in danger, I'm willing to bet the amount of money in his pocket was not what he was defending. To the point of wishing death upon the newly ventilated ****, it is a toss up. It appears that the punk is a complete waste of life and a burden on society, but him surviving has some benefits. The biggest is that the pizza guy does not have to spend the rest of his life dealing with taking another life. It also is a vital example for the bunny lovers to see the truth about how a legal CCW permit holder is not some violent animal that is looking to come out and shoot the first thing that moves, but is obeying the law, protecting his own life, and LOWERING the crime rate. Obvious down sides to Mr. Slimeball living is he becomes quite expensive to the honest and hard working tax payer, he gets a "badge of courage" with his scar to flaunt to his low life counterparts, and lives another day to potentially walk the streets again and endanger more lives. A possible solution for "eliminating" the problem is to mail him to Iraq and leave him there, alone. Bigger issues seem to be what will come of this event. What will pizza guy's employer's reaction be? What will the legal system do to pizza guy? How much money will Papa John's have to shell out to Mr. Slimeball's family to avoid a civil law suit, or even if they were to win a judgement in court, how much will they will pay in legal fees?
You actually have valid points there,some that no one ever considers.
If you shoot some one,even in self-defense,there can still be issues.Even though this man had a CW permit,he could still lose his job if it is not company policy to allow weapons to be carried on duty.His employer could also just get tired of the attention and throw him under the bus to avoid the liability.
It's not uncommon for criminal charges to be filed even if you shoot someone in self defense,and civil lawsuits are also not out of the question.Even if charges are dropped,you're found not guilty or lawsuits are thrown out,there can be considerable legal expenses involved to again defend yourself.
This doesn't even mention things like nightmares and the very human feeling of guilt that can occasionally accompany a self defense shooting.We're only human after all,and while we may have taken some class to obtain the permit,that doesn't mean we're trained like cops or soldiers.
Having a CW permit is a very large responsibility,and there are potential liabilities to having one.I'd rather live with the guilt than be 6 feet under though.
roflay

Montgomery, AL

#64 Sep 21, 2010
his friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Well im happy he is still alive i just watched his family burrie his 28 year old cousin n april!!! i know what he did was wrong but if you knew him like i do n knew the life his parents gave him u wouldnt say this nasty thing about him!!! him n i both watched his mother do un speakable things over over drugs!!!! living here n there!! father??? the boy needs help not to have his face blown off!! people really need to watch what they say!! he did this not his family or loved ones do you really think we wanna here "most of us are sad that hes still alive" take a look at your own family everybody is not perfect!!! we dont want to here this ****!!!!!
If you don't want to "here", it's hear btw, this s***, stay off the forums. No matter how trashy some thug is, there is always one of his buddies crawling out from under a rock to defend him. So what his mother did drugs and his father is scum, that doesn't give this punk the right to rob a person trying to make an honest living. He's lucky to be alive, and next time somebody might finish the job the delivery guy started. He deserved to get his punk a** shot.
Bob

Kent, WA

#65 Sep 21, 2010
Too bad that it comes down to this - you know the pizza guy isn't rolling with a lot of money...
One hopes that the boss understands that you need to protect yourself.
history buff

Richmond, VA

#66 Sep 21, 2010
his friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Well im happy he is still alive i just watched his family burrie his 28 year old cousin n april!!! i know what he did was wrong but if you knew him like i do n knew the life his parents gave him u wouldnt say this nasty thing about him!!! him n i both watched his mother do un speakable things over over drugs!!!! living here n there!! father??? the boy needs help not to have his face blown off!! people really need to watch what they say!! he did this not his family or loved ones do you really think we wanna here "most of us are sad that hes still alive" take a look at your own family everybody is not perfect!!! we dont want to here this ****!!!!!
I'm afraid you won't get much sympathy from the posters on this forum.Honestly,we don't care about his upbringing,or his family problems.We're tired of the catch-all excuse of not being raised right to justify violent criminal behaviour.Plenty of kids come from bad beginnings and become good citizens.It's all about the choices you make in life and the consequences of those choices.He chose the thug lifestyle over making something of himself and will pay for that choice.He would probably be out robbing and stealing again tonight if he hadn't picked the wrong person to try and rob the other night.
It's like I've always heard,if you play with fire you're going to get burned.Reap what you sow.
jsk

Fruitland, ID

#67 Sep 21, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide the statistics and source...just because you say it doesn't make it so.
A human life? Yes. However, once that human makes me a target, he ceases to be a human and becomes a threat to be dealt with. Once the threat is stopped, he becomes a human again who may need aid. This is exactly how the deliveryman conducted himself proving, to me, that he was very well prepared to handle the situation.
You, however, prove to me that you are probably barely able to dress yourself and brush your own teeth in the morning.
Judy

Richmond, VA

#68 Sep 21, 2010
his friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but people choose how they act. How you are raised doesn't mean diddly squat. If his mother did such unspeakable things you would think he would want to do better not follow in her foot steps.

Rather his family wants to hear peoples opinions or not is too bad he brought it on himself and has no one to blame but himself. maybe they should take his actions up with him. People like him do not stop to think how their action will effect the people whom love them, the people whom love the victims they try to attack, they thunk only of themselves and what they can get and how. If you don't want to hear the opinions don't read the posts because 75% or more will not be sympathetic or nice.

People are sick and tired of working their butts of for the stuff they have to have lowlife, lazy, dirty rotten scum bags try to make a fast buck by taking something they did not earn or deserve, these people deserve everything they get then some. PERIOD.
Renaldo

Richmond, VA

#69 Sep 22, 2010
One word for this story.....AWESOME....can't say how great it is when real justice occurs. Maybe those little thugs will avoid dong anymore stick ups as they grow up.
Concerned Reader

United States

#70 Sep 22, 2010
I think deliveries need to stop for the safety of hard working people. He got what he deserve and think about it next time he want to take something that don't belongs to him. GET A JOB YOU BUM!
Ed Lepps

Richmond, VA

#71 Sep 22, 2010
Guns save lives!
ccw in ny

United States

#72 Sep 22, 2010
history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you won't get much sympathy from the posters on this forum.Honestly,we don't care about his upbringing,or his family problems.We're tired of the catch-all excuse of not being raised right to justify violent criminal behaviour.Plenty of kids come from bad beginnings and become good citizens.It's all about the choices you make in life and the consequences of those choices.He chose the thug lifestyle over making something of himself and will pay for that choice.He would probably be out robbing and stealing again tonight if he hadn't picked the wrong person to try and rob the other night.
It's like I've always heard,if you play with fire you're going to get burned.Reap what you sow.
Could not agree more. It unfortunately appears that a large part of our society is leaning towards the "it's not my fault I am the way I am" defense. What ever happened to being accountable for your own actions? For those that like to say "Look at his past. Look at how terrible his childhood was.", I simply ask, so what? Everyone faces different challenges and decisions everyday. No matter if you grow up rich or poor. If his mother was an addict, is that an excuse? What about all the kids who grow up with parents that are addicts that don't end up a drain on society? If the kid grew up in middle class suburbia with a mother that was hooked on booze or pain killers and his father was never around because he was working 18 hour days, is he allowed to grow up and make bad decisions that hurt other people? Or does the mother have to be a crack addict and the father is just an "unknown" for the kid to not be required to adhere to social norms and the law? If people believe that if you try to rob someone and threaten their life, and that someone ends up putting a bullet in your face, that you should receive sympathy because it was rough being a kid.... This is probably the wrong forum. I think I'm done now. It's time for me to get back to work so I can EARN A LIVING and help support all those who have had a rough childhood that rely on the taxpayer to provide for them too...
Wow

Richmond, VA

#73 Sep 22, 2010
jsk wrote:
<quoted text>
A human life? Yes. However, once that human makes me a target, he ceases to be a human and becomes a threat to be dealt with. Once the threat is stopped, he becomes a human again who may need aid. This is exactly how the deliveryman conducted himself proving, to me, that he was very well prepared to handle the situation.
You, however, prove to me that you are probably barely able to dress yourself and brush your own teeth in the morning.
Your point is well-taken but I don't recall personally insulting you or anyone to continue the discussion, as you did me. Classy move, jsk. While my original post had some sarcastic comments, I was merely trying to get a balanced conversation started on this topic and to challenge "hunch" statistics by asking for evidence of the claim; it's called critical thinking. I'm humble enough to admit that I don't know everything about this case or this topic, are you?
RVA

Falls Church, VA

#74 Sep 22, 2010
Which room is this guy in at the hospital? Id like to send him a pizza, hes probably still hungry since he didnt get any before being SHOT IN THE FACE! hah thats great this douche will have to live with a 357 scar to the FACE for the rest of his life!
RVA

Falls Church, VA

#75 Sep 22, 2010
why cant I type d o u c h e ? thats a dumb word to censor, wtvr.
Good Job

Lancaster, PA

#76 Sep 22, 2010
http://www.facebook.com/... #!/pages/Richmond-Virginias-pi zza-defender/148968958474265
Good Job

Lancaster, PA

#77 Sep 22, 2010
Link didn't work... search FB for "Richmond Virginia's pizza defender"
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#78 Sep 22, 2010
Ed Lepps wrote:
Guns save lives!
guns don't save lives people do. thanks to the NRA for pushing for potential criminals to get more weapons. thanks you guys.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#79 Sep 22, 2010
i guess the law-abiding citizens in Hangover County are not so law-abiding anymore.
were those criminals "white" and if so how would they know how to divide up 12 dollars amongst themselves. home schooling never prepares you for the real world. what do you teabaggers have to say now when the shoes just walked up on your porch? be careful how you condemn others when "evil" lurks right in your face.
Kat

Highland Springs, VA

#80 Sep 22, 2010
oregon hiller wrote:
kat as i recall it wasnt brandon that stabbed anyone it was another girl, wanna get your facts straight before you run your mouth!!!
HOLD UP! I was there when the stabbing took place, so there for my facts are straight! I never said he stabbed her I said "he was INVOLVED in the stabbing" and he was involved!~ So get your facts straigt befor you make smart remarks! And why dont you be brave and reveal your name??? You must not be a true "orgen hiller"!
confidential

Richmond, VA

#81 Sep 22, 2010
as a driver for this same company, in the same area, I do not carry more than $20 on me at any time. try to rob me, you won't get much. Want to do 3-5 in prison for $20?

As to the people who will boycott Papa John's - I don't disagree with you but remember that drivers work for tips, and your boycott will hurt the individuals much more than PJ Cheese (the franchise) will ever feel.

To those who don't tip your driver - thanks, this is what we put up with for little to no pay. To those who tip the average $4 or up - thank you, you make our job worth it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buses Stay Out DC May 5 Buses Stay Out DC 1
What Happened To New Girl Post (Aug '17) Aug '17 Allen 12
Prison Officers Alone (Jul '17) Jul '17 Prison Officers A... 1
Hanover county deputy undercover having sex on ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Lawless 1
$5000 Reward / Murder Attempt Glen Allen Man 3... (Feb '12) Oct '15 Researched 8
Skip Fischer (Nov '14) Nov '14 con buster 1
the hot test place to be tonight (Sep '13) Sep '13 Johnsie Clow 1

Hanover Jobs

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages