Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots Alleged Robber - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

Investigators in Hanover County say it appears that a robber targeted the wrong pizza delivery driver.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of92
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jguidrycajunflye r

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

we live in the neighborhood and I had moved to Hanover to escape the excessive crime in the city including gunshots and stolen vehicles. This makes me sick and I pray the robbers are caught and the court system does it job. I use to brag that Hanover felt safe but not any longer. I am glad pizza man defended himself and I hope he is not harrassed in any way. Parents, wake up and start being better parents. Teach your children right from wrong! Take them to church and lead by good example.
chesterfield

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Abby wrote:
<quoted text> I think most of us are quite sad he's still alive. Just another thug looking to take advantage of a working man.
No i dont wish he was killed.... think about it, this man has to live the rest of his life with a bullet wound on his face. It lets everyone know that he did something wrong. AND its a small lesson for other would be robbers not to try the same thing. Im glad he has to live with holes in his head!!!!!
Jeff K

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

This is yet another reason why my "Guns save lives" sticker is proudly displayed on my vehicle.

Firearms are indeed used more often to thwart crime than in the commission of one; but you just don't hear about it because the weapon is usually not fired or even removed from a holster.

Two facts are often ignored: First of all, counties with more guns 'per capita' generally have less violent crimes than places where guns are virtually nonexistent. Second, concealed-carry permit holders are some of the most law-abiding people anywhere.

The anti-gun folks never want to admit it, but they know it in their hearts that our problem is with CRIMINALS - not guns.
TREE DOGS

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Good for The Papa Johns man,if more of these delivery drivers carried guns along with more of the innocent public we can start putting a dent in all this trash that is out there roaming the streets.Heck when the Hanover Police are at the Volunteer Fire Stations all night watching Direc-TV OR SITTING BEHIND THE DUMPSTERS AT ALL THE SCHOOLS TAKING NAPS,SOMEBODY GOT TO STEP IN AND DO THERE JOB.
Judy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Wow wrote:
I know I'm about to get blasted myself for this statement, but this is ALL part of the problem!*ducks from a thrown Hanover tomato*
Violence triggers violence, and then it becomes a battle for who has the bigger gun, or who can shoot first and ask questions later. Whether he had a permit or not, the pizza guy was not prepared emotionally to shoot another human (yes, I said human). And as big as some of you are talking, I doubt you are either.
Self-defense is certainly justified here and this thug is slime of the earth, but these are human lives, not video games or actors on TV. There are consequences to actions. For those who say they wish the thug had been killed, I hope to God that I'm never walking down your street and sneeze for fear you'll shoot me for trying to infect you with the flu.
The pizza guy was brave in defending himself and I'm glad he's ok, but I'm shocked at your responses suggesting he should have KILLED the guy. He shot the guy and diffused the situation. We do have a system of justice where the punishment fits the crime; I've read about it in the same Constitution. It's there, just keep reading... oh, you haven't?
First off most people that have a CW permit are emotionally prepared to take a life, I know several people whom have them.

Second, the driver stayed with the robber and comforted him til rescue got there this also leads me to believe he is emotional sound enough to do what he did, and he was right in his actions. Human's have 2 instincts when confronted with a threat to their self preservation.. FIGHT or FLIGHT.

As for the justice system.. this man has just been released from a 6 year jail sentence for a previous crime... I have dealt first hand with out justice system and while they try to do the right thing they often fall short sadly. And while the constitutions says the punishment must fit the crime.. the bible as so many love to quote and live by says and Eye for an Eye.
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Good job pizza guy... next time double tap so that he wont rob again. I hope this guys boss or the company doesn't screw with him.
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

ex_roomate wrote:
haha! i used to live whith the lady who ordered the pizza. crazy. the gun the robber had was a bb gun. and im pretty sure the guy in the hospital and the 3 others live a few doors down from the house.
It doesn't matter if it's a BB gun or not.point it at me and I'm assuming it's real.If you're stupid enough to just stand there when I get mine out,oh well....sorry for your luck,mine IS real.
Wow

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Jeff K wrote:
This is yet another reason why my "Guns save lives" sticker is proudly displayed on my vehicle.
Firearms are indeed used more often to thwart crime than in the commission of one; but you just don't hear about it because the weapon is usually not fired or even removed from a holster.
Two facts are often ignored: First of all, counties with more guns 'per capita' generally have less violent crimes than places where guns are virtually nonexistent. Second, concealed-carry permit holders are some of the most law-abiding people anywhere.
The anti-gun folks never want to admit it, but they know it in their hearts that our problem is with CRIMINALS - not guns.
Any researched statistics to back up this truthiness?
zombies vote dem

Vinemont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

The idiot brought a BB gun to a gun fight! They had to have followed the poor delivery guy from the store. What chicken*****. And the other big bada**** ran off and left their thug buddy. How much money could the delivery guy even have on him? To almost lose your life over a few bucks, sheesh, lock him up for being too stupid to live.
Wow

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
First off most people that have a CW permit are emotionally prepared to take a life, I know several people whom have them.
Second, the driver stayed with the robber and comforted him til rescue got there this also leads me to believe he is emotional sound enough to do what he did, and he was right in his actions. Human's have 2 instincts when confronted with a threat to their self preservation.. FIGHT or FLIGHT.
As for the justice system.. this man has just been released from a 6 year jail sentence for a previous crime... I have dealt first hand with out justice system and while they try to do the right thing they often fall short sadly. And while the constitutions says the punishment must fit the crime.. the bible as so many love to quote and live by says and Eye for an Eye.
1) You know several so that makes it true for MOST permit holders in the entire state? That doesn't hold up as an argument.
2) Staying with the person to comfort him says nothing for his emotional stability to kill a human. It says a lot, however, of his compassion for another human and his recognition that perhaps he was upset he'd shot someone. What was he to do, go deliver the rest of his pizzas?
3) So the punishment for recidivism is death? Harsh!
4) And for the bible reference, what happened to "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all." You can't use the 2nd amendment but then switch to the bible when it better helps your argument.
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You know several so that makes it true for MOST permit holders in the entire state? That doesn't hold up as an argument.
2) Staying with the person to comfort him says nothing for his emotional stability to kill a human. It says a lot, however, of his compassion for another human and his recognition that perhaps he was upset he'd shot someone. What was he to do, go deliver the rest of his pizzas?
3) So the punishment for recidivism is death? Harsh!
4) And for the bible reference, what happened to "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all." You can't use the 2nd amendment but then switch to the bible when it better helps your argument.
Just a comment or two there my friend!

You are correct in #1,no one can generalize.The fact is,you could never know how you would react until placed in the situation to make that decision to shoot or not to shoot.The decision to use deadly force is not to be taken lightly.
As to #2,you are again correct.If I were placed in the situation where I felt I had to shoot another human being out of fear for my own life,I would do what I had to do,but that does not mean I would not feel some remorse.I might be angry for being put in that position,but the fact that I just shot a human being would not be lost on me.
As to #3,choosing the wrong person to rob,someone that may be able to fight back,is an occupational hazzard that the robber must accept.More and more people are fed up and are taking matters into their own hands.Remember,when seconds count,the police are only minutes away.
You lost me on #4 with the Pledge.An eye for an eye was Hammurabi's law as I recall,but I'm not sure what the Pledge of Allegance has to do with this.I also don't see what Biblical quotes have to do with it either.
Wow

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a comment or two there my friend!
You are correct in #1,no one can generalize.The fact is,you could never know how you would react until placed in the situation to make that decision to shoot or not to shoot.The decision to use deadly force is not to be taken lightly.
As to #2,you are again correct.If I were placed in the situation where I felt I had to shoot another human being out of fear for my own life,I would do what I had to do,but that does not mean I would not feel some remorse.I might be angry for being put in that position,but the fact that I just shot a human being would not be lost on me.
As to #3,choosing the wrong person to rob,someone that may be able to fight back,is an occupational hazzard that the robber must accept.More and more people are fed up and are taking matters into their own hands.Remember,when seconds count,the police are only minutes away.
You lost me on #4 with the Pledge.An eye for an eye was Hammurabi's law as I recall,but I'm not sure what the Pledge of Allegance has to do with this.I also don't see what Biblical quotes have to do with it either.
Good evening History Buff, you got me on #3. I think I was speaking more to the general consensus of the forum than the specific comment to which I replied. It is indeed an occupational hazard for the thief that he didn't consider in his decision to rob. As a civilized society though, we don't (and shouldn't) kill armed robbers as their punishment. I'm not a criminal's advocate but I am an advocate for due process, self-defense notwithstanding.
And on #4, I'm not even sure that an eye for an eye applies to this unfortunate news story, but my Pledge represents the reverence we, as Americans, have to the Constitution and the laws that govern this country...all of them. I'm frustrated with the cherry-picking of morals that are so often made today. If you follow the Constitution, you follow ALL of it. If you follow the Bible, you follow ALL of it.
nobody special

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if it's a BB gun or not.point it at me and I'm assuming it's real.If you're stupid enough to just stand there when I get mine out,oh well....sorry for your luck,mine IS real.
Right!(mine too...)
dwinhopewell

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Good job pizza guy sounds like you might need to step up a caliber or two, let us know if they manage to get charges on you or if Papa Johns cans you, I would be willing to boycott, truly you should get an ammo allowance or a raise, Bet he thinks twice next time.
Abby

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

chesterfield wrote:
<quoted text>
No i dont wish he was killed.... think about it, this man has to live the rest of his life with a bullet wound on his face. It lets everyone know that he did something wrong. AND its a small lesson for other would be robbers not to try the same thing. Im glad he has to live with holes in his head!!!!!
Well, we still have to pay for his hospital tab, a trial and then prison. Now, I'll even bet, there's a little cosmetic work we'll pay for. Lots of money involved already.
goss

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Great job...just another reason to carry a concealed. Glad the delivery driver is okay.
Kat

Sandston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

If you dont believe in KARMA you better! This same boy Brandon Floyd was involved in the stabbing of my best friend 3 Months ago and his charge was non pros.!
chesterfield

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

if papa johns pizza fires this man or gives this man a hard time about this...I will never buy a pizza from them again. Ive talked to some other people about this and they will do the same.
Kbob

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

get off my lawn wrote:
send a pizza to his room... know what i mean.
dialing now....LMAO!
Judy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

chesterfield wrote:
if papa johns pizza fires this man or gives this man a hard time about this...I will never buy a pizza from them again. Ive talked to some other people about this and they will do the same.
I personally have to agree, and my family orders ALOT of Papa Johns pizza from the Virginia Center store.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of92
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••