Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots Alleged Robber - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

Investigators in Hanover County say it appears that a robber targeted the wrong pizza delivery driver.
Comments
1 - 20 of 92 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lou

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

"Momma said knock you out!"
Sincerely

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Good enough for him!
mee

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

I bet the next robber thinks twice before mugging a delivery driver again! Guns Saves. Statisics overwelmingly prove it time and time again.
chesterfield

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

its about time the pizza guys start packen!!! too many of them are being robbed. I have a permit too and dont leave the house without it! way to go pizza man!!!
Abby

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Good for the driver. It's sad this is what a night's work has come down to. I hope Hanover County has enough sense to not charge this delivery man.
anon

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

I guess he won't be eating pizza for a while. Oh that is priceless.

Since: Feb 10

Highland Springs, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Epic win for mobile businesses everywhere. I worked with a local "unlocking" service, and working that late, I didn't feel right without my Glock on my side, and this is proof that It was a safe move.

Since: Jul 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

I bet the guys in jail will have fun teasing this guy. Something to tell your grand kids " I Got Shot Trying To Rob The Pizza Delivery Guy "

What a LOSER!!!
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Score another one for the good guys!This is what the 2nd amendment is all about,and why it's a good idea for any citizen that wants one to have a CW permit.Maybe if enough of these punk robbers get shot in their line of work they'll find something else to do.
Let's hear from the anti-gun folks now...what do you have to say about this one?I'd love to hear them explain how having a gun for personal protection is not a good idea.
yardman

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Ok, the pizza delivery driver was a permit holder. How about the robber? Was he aa permit holder? Whats the point? The robber pointed a gun at a person trying to feed his family and the big deal was did he have a permit. Too bad he was a bad shot and missed the vital organs....
quaker8

Tipton, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

hell yeah!!!! its about time somebody shot back
chesterfield

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

yardman wrote:
Ok, the pizza delivery driver was a permit holder. How about the robber? Was he aa permit holder? Whats the point? The robber pointed a gun at a person trying to feed his family and the big deal was did he have a permit. Too bad he was a bad shot and missed the vital organs....
A bad shot????? He shot the man in the HEAD!!!!!! The man is just lucky hes still alive.
ex_roomate

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

haha! i used to live whith the lady who ordered the pizza. crazy. the gun the robber had was a bb gun. and im pretty sure the guy in the hospital and the 3 others live a few doors down from the house.
Jeff K

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Kudos to the pizza guy! I only hope that he doesn't end up unemployed or thrown under the bus by his company.(Now I have another positive reason to patronize Papa John's - Yeah!)

Lesson to robber: Get a real job and earn an honest living. You are lucky you are not in the morgue right now.

Lesson to pizza guy: Use a larger caliber handgun next time. I recommend at least a .357 Magnum, but a .45 ACP is probably ideal for self-defense, sir. Next time, aim for center mass.

You did what you had to do. It was HIS CHOICE to attack and rob you of your hard-earned money; so don't lose a wink of sleep over this incident.
Abby

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

chesterfield wrote:
<quoted text>
A bad shot????? He shot the man in the HEAD!!!!!! The man is just lucky hes still alive.
I think most of us are quite sad he's still alive. Just another thug looking to take advantage of a working man.
southernpride

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

yea maybe infection will set abby and take him out. BIGGER CALIBER NEEDED BUT GOOD JOB!!! hope no charges get filed against the good guy
dudemandave

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

The suspect is my friends little brother,he just got out of jail,serving 6 years.He was shot in the face with a .357 .little punk is lucky he did'nt die.Surgeon said it's amazing he survived!
Wow

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

I know I'm about to get blasted myself for this statement, but this is ALL part of the problem!*ducks from a thrown Hanover tomato*

Violence triggers violence, and then it becomes a battle for who has the bigger gun, or who can shoot first and ask questions later. Whether he had a permit or not, the pizza guy was not prepared emotionally to shoot another human (yes, I said human). And as big as some of you are talking, I doubt you are either.
Self-defense is certainly justified here and this thug is slime of the earth, but these are human lives, not video games or actors on TV. There are consequences to actions. For those who say they wish the thug had been killed, I hope to God that I'm never walking down your street and sneeze for fear you'll shoot me for trying to infect you with the flu.
The pizza guy was brave in defending himself and I'm glad he's ok, but I'm shocked at your responses suggesting he should have KILLED the guy. He shot the guy and diffused the situation. We do have a system of justice where the punishment fits the crime; I've read about it in the same Constitution. It's there, just keep reading... oh, you haven't?
Wow

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

mee wrote:
I bet the next robber thinks twice before mugging a delivery driver again! Guns Saves. Statisics overwelmingly prove it time and time again.
Please provide the statistics and source...just because you say it doesn't make it so.
Abby

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

dudemandave wrote:
The suspect is my friends little brother,he just got out of jail,serving 6 years.He was shot in the face with a .357 .little punk is lucky he did'nt die.Surgeon said it's amazing he survived!
Point we're making - just a thug out in the night trying to harm a working class man. Yes, I hope he doesn't make it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••