Hanover Sex Case Goes To Louisa Grand Jury - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

He's accused of using the internet to solicit sex from a minor and now a Mechanicsville man's case is going to a Grand Jury.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
horseman amelia virginia

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

This guy has a screw loose
history buff

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

horseman amelia virginia wrote:
This guy has a screw loose
All the more reason to get him off the streets.He shouldn't be messing around with little kids.I have no sympathy for him.I wonder if he's done this in the past and just not gotten caught?
Rose

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

Between the teachers having sex with students, and men soliciting young girls, what is wrong with people??? Disgusting!
MidloMom

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

I realize this man committed a crime by soliciting a child for sex. Ninety years is a ridiculous sentence for anyone who didn't ACTUALLY molest a child. I suppose the judge doesn't have to take the recommendation and can impose the minimum. Child molesters and rapists don't get this much time. Using him as an example? That's fine, but how many actual molesters has Louisa County and the state of Virginia released back into society? In this case time served would certainly be appropriate for this offender. Probation? Definitely. Rehabilitation? Certainly--if he lives long enough. He is 81 after all.
Anmlbhvr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

Probably getting Alzheimers -- this is one of the signs of Alz related dementia--he should be institutionalized not prison--
Anmlbhvr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

MidloMom wrote:
I realize this man committed a crime by soliciting a child for sex. Ninety years is a ridiculous sentence for anyone who didn't ACTUALLY molest a child. I suppose the judge doesn't have to take the recommendation and can impose the minimum. Child molesters and rapists don't get this much time. Using him as an example? That's fine, but how many actual molesters has Louisa County and the state of Virginia released back into society? In this case time served would certainly be appropriate for this offender. Probation? Definitely. Rehabilitation? Certainly--if he lives long enough. He is 81 after all.
I am not making light of what this guy did but what is the point here--
I know a man who shot his wife (mother of their 5) in front of the children to prove a point to them. He only got 40 years ---He is now out-- I guess its best to kill in Va. He has all signs of Alzheimers dementia.
Ranger

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

demiss the sentence and resign from minister and no internet for him. these cops need to stop what they are doing.
just me

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

He should be charged with assault with a dead weapon
Sandy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

He need to go to prison,because at the age of 81 years old soliciting a child.What about when he was preaching in church?Some child that is now an adult most likely suffering.He got what he deserve.The state trooper has his day also, it's not over.
Midlo Resident

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

MidloMom wrote:
No he didn't actually molest a child but that could be because when he showed up to meet a 13 year old girl the police were there. But I'm all for giving him probation and rehabilitating him provided he lives right next door to you and you be responsible for him day and night so that he couldn't possibly prey on a real child.
Johnnyp

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

90 years is ridiculous.

Soliciting a 13 year old girl is not right, but asking a minor to engage in sex is not a MAJOR crime. Any hypothetical 13 year-old girl who invites a 61 year-ld man to have sex is not the innocent child we are trying to protect.

The man got more time than someone who commits murder or forcible rape.
elroy

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

at 83 his futures short.time to try skydiving
elroy

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Anmlbhvr wrote:
Probably getting Alzheimers -- this is one of the signs of Alz related dementia--he should be institutionalized not prison--
from the time boys turn 13 till death they love young beautiful women.it turns to perversion when old dude is'nt attractive to the young females anymore.think of old women sending you nude pics and dirtytalk.that would freak me out too.hes guilty of making threats with a unloaded weapon.
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Just say "until you die in a few years". 90 years is a little... unlikely.
IMHO

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Has to be some degree of entrapment here. There was an imaginative thrid party. Never really there. Would there have been a 'solicitation' had there not been a 'pimped' imaginative girl that carried on a two-way enticive ilicite conversation with a senile and possible dementure old man? Slum bottom telephone sales and swindlers are always entraping the very ones that are encapible of making sound decisions; as I feel Mr. Baldwin could possibly fall into this area.
However; the 12 chosen in the Holy Box may be very proud of their amazingly quick decision. This trial has been the topic of conversation in Louisa for the better part of a year; and there was no way Mr. Baldwin was going to be anything short of totally quartered.
SirRantsAlot

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Anmlbhvr wrote:
How do you see this as a sign of Alzheimer's? Please explain.
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

SirRantsAlot wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you see this as a sign of Alzheimer's? Please explain.
Yeah, I'm wondering about that too.

"Doc, I've been trying to bang this 13 year old on that there fancy interwebs..."
"My god, man, you have Alzheimer's!"
goss

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Johnnyp wrote:
90 years is ridiculous.
Soliciting a 13 year old girl is not right, but asking a minor to engage in sex is not a MAJOR crime. Any hypothetical 13 year-old girl who invites a 61 year-ld man to have sex is not the innocent child we are trying to protect.
The man got more time than someone who commits murder or forcible rape.
Are you serious? You don't think this was a major crime? Think before you type.
Chuck in Henrico

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

If it took all of fifteen minutes to find a person guilty, it appears the handwriting was smeared on more that just the walls.

Cases of this nature have been shown numerous times on national broadcasts and this man should have known what the pending consequences would be.

It's a very sad situation, but so is willfull exploitation of children.
Absie

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2010

Wow! A man in Goochland was just sentenced to 10 years with 5 suspended for involuntary manslaughter when he was driving drunk and obviously killed someone. Second DUI charge in ten years as well. Ummmm....something is terribly wrong with the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••