Abuser sent to prison

Abuser sent to prison

There are 17 comments on the Evening Sun story from May 23, 2011, titled Abuser sent to prison. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A Gettysburg man accused of abusing a 4-year-old boy to the point where medical officials called his injuries "life threatening" pleaded guilty Monday to one count of aggravated assault.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

gramps

Hanover, PA

#1 May 23, 2011
Any volunteers to beat his f*!#in a$$? ONLY 3 to 6 years?
Christa Unger

Saint John, WA

#2 May 23, 2011
I hope that little boy grows up with a big heart, warmth and kindness....and 6'6 weighing in at 380 pounds of all muscle to show the abuser whats up.
Big Hugs to the little guy
SERIOUSLY GET A LIFE

Shippensburg, PA

#3 May 23, 2011
So so sad! 3-6yrs for nearly killing an innocent child....what the hell is wrong with our judicial system? Adams County sucks anymore! Drugs,Harm and Death you get a slap on the wrist, Speeding,Getting Drunk or violate curfew you get 80yrs in prison. Doesnt make sense to me. I hope this child is okay down the road.
Curious

Hanover, PA

#4 May 24, 2011
3-6 years is a travesty of justice!! Who in the criminal justice system is responsible for this decision? This piece of crap should have done the whole 20 years and both he and the mother of that poor little boy should be sterilized and she should have done serious jail time as well. I ask one more time - who was responsible not only for the crime perpetrated upon this little boy but the crime of letting his off so easily. One good fact is that those who abuse children don't usually fare to well in prison - they have their own kind of justice and I hope this piece of crap really gets what is coming to him.
Common sense

Gettysburg, PA

#5 May 24, 2011
When this story first came out it just about broke my heart for this little boy. I hope his memory of this fades and that his health can improve greatly.
Jennifer from the Block

Mcsherrystown, PA

#6 May 24, 2011
I hope this scum bag gets alot of "Love" in prison !
Loki

Budd Lake, NJ

#7 May 24, 2011
Folks, remember this sentence when elections come around again. Three to six? Unreal.....
Brenda

York Springs, PA

#8 May 24, 2011
I'm sorry but 3-6 years for this is bull. You abuse a 4-year old boy you should be there for LIFE.
UNREAL

Dayton, OH

#9 May 24, 2011
He thought he was hiding food? Was he starving him as well as abusing him? This poor four year old boy, was trying to survive. This man should NEVER be aloud back into society.
kajen

Carlisle, PA

#10 May 24, 2011
I think the boys mother should be locked up too - her lack of protection led to this. She is also responsible.

Since: Feb 11

Mansfield, OH

#11 May 24, 2011
My question is: Where the hell is the mother through out all of this???
Yes, she's in a shelter... WHY let her child with this man? And where is she now???
pa resident

Stafford, VA

#12 May 24, 2011
I only hope he shares a cell with a person who will give him what he deserves!!!!!!! WORTHLESS P.O.S
Jack

Gwynn Oak, MD

#13 May 24, 2011
This is one example why we should never allow the mentally infirm or socially dependant to procreate.
Excuse me

Hanover, PA

#14 May 24, 2011
Brenda wrote:
I'm sorry but 3-6 years for this is bull. You abuse a 4-year old boy you should be there for LIFE.
I definetly agree with you. These judges seem to slap the wrists of child abuser or any kind of abuser.

Since: Dec 07

Arlington, VA

#15 May 24, 2011
This is the very worst of child and spouse abuse, but _any_ abuse whether psychological or physical can escalate to become this bad. We never had this sort of thing in my family or neighborhood, and _real_ men never did it. If you see something wrong in a family, say something to someone and maybe spare the innocent some horror and pain.
anonymous

Carlisle, PA

#16 May 24, 2011
This man needs to spend the 25 years in prison. He does not deserve a plea agreement
anonymous

Carlisle, PA

#17 May 24, 2011
SERIOUSLY GET A LIFE wrote:
So so sad! 3-6yrs for nearly killing an innocent child....what the hell is wrong with our judicial system? Adams County sucks anymore! Drugs,Harm and Death you get a slap on the wrist, Speeding,Getting Drunk or violate curfew you get 80yrs in prison. Doesnt make sense to me. I hope this child is okay down the road.
Isn't this the truth. The system there is crooked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 57 min Charlie 6,775
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun 21 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun 15 Mattiecakes918 1
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun 14 Mary jane 3
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) May '16 VroomVroom717 13
News Two sentenced in construction fraud case (Feb '11) Apr '16 mymomwasscammed 28
News Last person pleads in $4.8M cocaine ring Mar '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages