Hanover police seek robbers

Hanover police seek robbers

There are 35 comments on the Evening Sun story from Sep 21, 2010, titled Hanover police seek robbers. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Hanover Police are investigating a strong-arm robbery that occurred Friday at about 9:30 p.m. A 21-year-old Hanover woman was walking in the 400 block of Carlisle Street when she was approached from behind by two individuals, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WoW

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 21, 2010
I wonder what color the suspects' skin was??
JTW

Shippensburg, PA

#2 Sep 21, 2010
Unbelievable ... everything about the two except their skin color.
man

Hanover, PA

#3 Sep 21, 2010
permit to carry and always watch your back
Unreal

Hanover, PA

#4 Sep 21, 2010
Man is right - don't be a victim.
Rod

Baltimore, MD

#5 Sep 21, 2010
This supports the idea of outlawing hoods outside unless the temperature is cold enough to justify it and outlawing them inside any building except one's own home. This is part of the criminal uniform and if we casually allow this, we get the kind of crimes we are reading about - and more of them. We do not need this criminal scum activity!
Boro Resident

Baltimore, MD

#6 Sep 21, 2010
JTW wrote:
Unbelievable ... everything about the two except their skin color.
Maybe she couldn't report that because they had hoods up and hit her from behind.

Since: Jul 09

Waukegan, IL

#7 Sep 21, 2010
Two of downtown Hanover's druggies no doubt. Needed a fix and pick on a single woman, real tough guys.
As far as outlawing what a citizen can wear, really? Do you want the government to tell you what you can wear?
Wear a Glock 40 and let the hoodies be afraid
resident of west manheim

Pikesville, MD

#8 Sep 21, 2010
WoW wrote:
I wonder what color the suspects' skin was??
does it matter? the world,,,(including Hanover) is full of "trash"..white, black, brown... skin color doesnt have anything to do with trashy people and their actions. Lets get over the "color" thing.....
GET TO THE POINT

Hanover, PA

#9 Sep 21, 2010
HANOVER citizens need to bring back some good old vigilante justice!
Question

Baltimore, MD

#10 Sep 21, 2010
How do we know who we are looking for if we do not have a description. Very poor communication between the police and the public.
observer

Thompsontown, PA

#11 Sep 21, 2010
Question wrote:
How do we know who we are looking for if we do not have a description. Very poor communication between the police and the public.
you are assuming the police have a better description....could be that is all they have to go on...
ebsid

Dallastown, PA

#13 Sep 21, 2010
sounds like Hanover is getting as bad as York...
wow

Hanover, PA

#14 Sep 21, 2010
Does it matter what color she was? Does it matter her background? Does it matter what color the attackers were? NO..it doesn't. This is something that should have NEVER happened and should NEVER happen to anyone!!
I do not know this female or anything more then what is in the paper but I can tell you that it makes me sick to my stomach to think of what this world is coming to.
I hope she recovers, has a full and fast recovery and I hope whoever did this gets caught and punished to the fullest.
9:30 friday night on Carlisle St--people arn't afraid to do anything anymore. It's a shame!!
Lou

Muncy, PA

#15 Sep 21, 2010
Why no mention of the race of the robbers? Are you afraid to say what race they were? How are we to watch out for possible danger if we do not know this?

Since: Dec 07

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#16 Sep 21, 2010
As a matter of policy, we list race as part of a description of a wanted person when available. In this case, that information was not provided by police.

Marc Charisse
Editor
The Evening Sun
wow

Hanover, PA

#17 Sep 21, 2010
Lou wrote:
Why no mention of the race of the robbers? Are you afraid to say what race they were? How are we to watch out for possible danger if we do not know this?
You should watch for danger no matter what color--Black, Hispanic, Chinese, German, Italian, Indian. Anyone (male/female/older/younger/of color/not of color ect) can be as dangerous as the next.
whatever

Hanover, PA

#18 Sep 21, 2010
MAYBE IF SHE WAS HIT FORM BEHIND AND THAN TRANSPORTED TO THE HOSPITAL, DID YOU EVER THINK MAYBE SEE DIDN'T SEE THEM. SHOULD THEY GUESS A COLOR OF SKIN TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, YOU MORON.
quincy

Chambersburg, PA

#19 Sep 21, 2010
Randy!! Get real. The people of Hanover deserve to be informed about this incident. If it happens again, to another lady with a purse, it will be your fault. Police need to be more responsive to citizens safety. Give us all of the details including a description and race.
bubbie fusselman

Hanover, PA

#20 Sep 21, 2010
What a wonderful town our Hanover is becoming.
Hnvr Res

Hanover, PA

#21 Sep 21, 2010
You can rule out the illegals for this crime, they get enough free handouts, plus all the money they make selling drugs, they don't need to snatch purses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sep 15 Vernon 7,392
Fill dirt Aug 30 Ticklish 10
News Hanover-area man charged in child sex sting (Aug '12) Aug 27 Walt 11
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug '17 Archie 15
Pa. Game commisssion sucks (Nov '11) Aug '17 badcomm 31
News Police log: Subject defecated on a porch Jun '17 Steve Gratman 5
Review: Hanover School Of Ballet (Aug '11) Jun '17 olddancemom 4

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance