Former car dealer charged with theft

Full story: Evening Sun 82
The former owner of a Conewago Township car dealership faces a total of 37 counts of theft after police allege he charged customers for registrations, titles and warranties and pocketed the money. Full Story
Can you Read

Ocean City, NJ

#43 Mar 24, 2009
hair due wrote:
hey dave... i mean informed, your quick at posting an honest mans address because i think he can sleep at night and will not have people beating his door down, but can you please post your personal address because i am sure you can sleep at night and wont have people knocking down your door.....NOT....oh wait your address will change soon to level 2 block g cell 11.....york, pa 17404 hahahahahahaha thats funny i dont care who you are
Umm not sure if you read the article or not but his adress is first thing in there a$$ but since you cant read in the first place you would have a hard time finding it!! Anyways Just for the record he's not the of guy you want to be banging on his door but maybe you can find that out for your self. Write your final comment before you visit as im sure you wont have a chance to afterwards.
It is about time

Gettysburg, PA

#44 Mar 24, 2009
Oh yes, Shank is such a bad-ass... haha PLEASE!
happy

Harrisburg, PA

#45 Mar 24, 2009
I am very pleased to see that David Shank will finally be getting what he deserves. After deceiving many people the police have made a case. This is a miracle! It is really sad that he would try to tarnish other people in the midst of his faults. He is and will be the only one charged in these cases, because he is the only criminal involved. He took advantage of his clientele and co-workers. I thank the newspaper for putting this on the first page so that other business owners and customers will not do business with this criminal. I expect that he will be out of work for a very long time.
up in the bussiness

Harrisburg, PA

#46 Mar 24, 2009
hey there can u read, funny you mentioned that, for the record when one of his ex employees showed up on his doorstep to try to retrieve a vehicle that he sold him and then stole from him he told him to get off his property or he was calling the cops. what a bad ass
Not Sure -------

Ocean City, NJ

#47 Mar 24, 2009
A lot of negative comments and not sure what to belive I mean who were these so called Partners?? When Shank was on his own in New Oxford he did very well on his own then moved to hanover with ?? Partner ?? Then all this..... WOW Guess he was out of luck being the only one on business lic. therefore the real scums go free. And the paper??? How does this dumb bitch keep her job when she cant even read the court doc. the business was Gateway Auto Group and she has Gateway Auto Brokers.... But then again from past comment more than one person having trouble reading..... Shank menonite ??? I mean does the paper know what a MF Fact is when they see one??? GET REAL
It is about time

Gettysburg, PA

#48 Mar 24, 2009
Yeah, I agree! His pathetic ass is most likely sitting at home cryinging in the corner, with a bunch of shit piled in front of the door right this minute.
up in the bussiness

Harrisburg, PA

#49 Mar 24, 2009
Not Sure ------- wrote:
A lot of negative comments and not sure what to belive I mean who were these so called Partners?? When Shank was on his own in New Oxford he did very well on his own then moved to hanover with ?? Partner ?? Then all this..... WOW Guess he was out of luck being the only one on business lic. therefore the real scums go free. And the paper??? How does this dumb **** keep her job when she cant even read the court doc. the business was Gateway Auto Group and she has Gateway Auto Brokers.... But then again from past comment more than one person having trouble reading..... Shank menonite ??? I mean does the paper know what a MF Fact is when they see one??? GET REAL
good call no one really knows the truth but be carefull what u believe. its very easy to make things to appear to b going well but in all acuallity things aren't what the seem. guess if shank did nothing wrong and his partners where the ones in the wrong the truth will prevail and shank will be found innocent and his partners will end up in jail and have to payback all the people that where ripped off. u know cause the police never make mistakes and shank has no criminal record. i'm sure this is all just a big misunderstanding and shank was wrongfully accused. NOT!!!!!
That is awesome

Pella, IA

#51 Mar 25, 2009
Can you Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm not sure if you read the article or not but his adress is first thing in there a$$ but since you cant read in the first place you would have a hard time finding it!! Anyways Just for the record he's not the of guy you want to be banging on his door but maybe you can find that out for your self. Write your final comment before you visit as im sure you wont have a chance to afterwards.
whoa big words from someone on the internet look out!
That is awesome

Pella, IA

#52 Mar 25, 2009
besides he was a punk in high school he was a punk last year and he is still a punk now so stfu noob
hair due

Harrisburg, PA

#53 Mar 25, 2009
Can you Read wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahaha......i know dave and i wouldnt want to show up at his door because the village people will probably try to beat me up....they have a car salesman in their group now....lets go to the ymca.....hey dave your probably slobbing peter to pay paul now.........just because dave carries a little plastic toy around with him oh yea and his pistol doesnt make him a tough guy either.....and by the way i probably wouldnt be able to leave because i would be knocking at his door all night being the coward he is, he wouldnt answer....
Cool

York, PA

#54 Mar 25, 2009
I actually bought a vehicle from Dave's partner and Dave did the title transfer. Guess that theft took the money never did the paperwork and days later he got caught. He never answer to me nor his partner, nor my lawyer. He is a theft and hope that aSs fu#k goes to jail.
Dude

Shermans Dale, PA

#55 Mar 25, 2009
Wouldn't you know The infamous crook Harry Pappas was his mentor.Taught him well!!
go to jail

Philadelphia, PA

#58 Mar 25, 2009
I am a victim of David Shanks, I will be at all his hearings to try and make sure he pays for what he did. I hope he sits for a long time in jail. What a jerk.
Neil Hoffstot

York, PA

#59 Mar 25, 2009
The paper printed my wifes name. They never contacted us.

The worst part of this is he sold our Jeep to the colmans and never paid us for it. Now Chris and Karen Colman are diving our car while we are still making the payments.

The police and the DA have been NO help. We contacted them in december about this and we still do not get any answers from them. The police say to call the DA and the DA says we should call the police.

Its a shame that he can post bail for $10,000 and be out on the street while he has $11,400 of my money and i am still making car payments while someone else is driving my car.

I guess you could say me and my wife are a bit upset about this ordeal and its very frustrating that the poilce and the DA have not helped or even told us what to do or what will happen. We were not even notified about the hearing on 4-24-09. The nespaper knows more about whas going on then we do as a victim.
All True

Newville, PA

#61 Mar 25, 2009
Neil Hoffstot wrote:
The worst part of this is he sold our Jeep to the colmans and never paid us for it. Now Chris and Karen Colman are diving our car while we are still making the payments.
The police and the DA have been NO help. We contacted them in december about this and we still do not get any answers from them. The police say to call the DA and the DA says we should call the police.
Its a shame that he can post bail for $10,000 and be out on the street while he has $11,400 of my money and i am still making car payments while someone else is driving my car.
I guess you could say me and my wife are a bit upset about this ordeal and its very frustrating that the poilce and the DA have not helped or even told us what to do or what will happen. We were not even notified about the hearing on 4-24-09. The nespaper knows more about whas going on then we do as a victim.
Did you sign over the title to him?? For your sake I hope that you held onto it until it was sold. Please tell me that you did sign it over to him! Even if you did in PA there has to be some money exchanged, the least amount would be $1.00.
You need to somehow get ahold of the people that bought the car also. And go to your banks together, and tell them what happened.
Get back to me and let me know if you still have that title though. God I hope for your sake that you do.
Also I have some other ideas for you too. I was in the car biz for many years, and I think that I should be able to help you out here.
All True

Newville, PA

#62 Mar 25, 2009
Boy have I been out of the car biz for awhile. You wouldn't have the title. Because your still paying on it. So that means that YOUR bank still has the title.
This is good for you though. This means that the paper work that he did with the people that bought the car is not legit. This also means that the jeep is still yours. Your jeep has been stolen!! You need to report it that way to the police.
I don't know why the DA won't help you out here though. He should be. You may need to get your own lawyer here in order to get this worked out.
I still say that you need to get ahold of the people that bought the jeep though. They should know that the paper work that was done, on the jeep, is not legit.
Alice

Harrisburg, PA

#63 Mar 25, 2009
Neil Hoffstot wrote:
Stop making payments. Report the vehicle was stolen. If you stop making payments, let the bank come and take the vehicle. Banks will make a deal if you stop making the payments. You must have insurance on it? Report it stolen.
All True

Newville, PA

#64 Mar 26, 2009
He can't stop making payments on the jeep. He is still the rightful owner of it. If he stops making payments they will repo it. This will affect his credit in a very big way. Don't stop making payments!!!! Get the car back. It is rightfully yours.
neil hoffstot

York, PA

#65 Mar 26, 2009
THe bank has the title still. I reported the car stolen (in december)to the police and to my insurance company. Insurance said its not covered because i entered into a contract with Gateway outo group and that voids my coverage (State Farm). The police say talk to the DA and the DA says they do not have the paperwork yet from the police.

I do not want the car repoed because it will hurt our credit. The buyer is Chris and Karen Coleman but i do not know where they live or a phone number.
They need to know that their insurance for the car will not cover it because they do not legally own the car.

I have a meeting with a lawyer on monday to find out what to do. The bank just wants the payment every month they dont care. Insurance said i should cancel my coverage since they wont cover it so i am just wasteing that money. I have kept the coverage just in case.

I was trying to sell the car because we cant afford the payments and now we still have the payments and we have to come out of pocket to hire a lawyer to try and get it resloved. On top of that someone is driving the car without insurance and putting additional miles on the car which is lowering the value if we do get it back to try and sell.

The state police sent us a letter about being a victim and please call. What a joke. They have done nothing to help. They do not return phone calls. They will not give us the contact info for who bought the car.

The car has been stolen. They know where it is and they will not let me get it back!THey said if i found it and took it back that i would be arrested for theft. I dont understand that logic since i have the title?
conserned citizen

Gettysburg, PA

#66 Mar 26, 2009
neil hoffstot wrote:
THe bank has the title still. I reported the car stolen (in december)to the police and to my insurance company. Insurance said its not covered because i entered into a contract with Gateway outo group and that voids my coverage (State Farm). The police say talk to the DA and the DA says they do not have the paperwork yet from the police.
I do not want the car repoed because it will hurt our credit. The buyer is Chris and Karen Coleman but i do not know where they live or a phone number.
They need to know that their insurance for the car will not cover it because they do not legally own the car.
I have a meeting with a lawyer on monday to find out what to do. The bank just wants the payment every month they dont care. Insurance said i should cancel my coverage since they wont cover it so i am just wasteing that money. I have kept the coverage just in case.
I was trying to sell the car because we cant afford the payments and now we still have the payments and we have to come out of pocket to hire a lawyer to try and get it resloved. On top of that someone is driving the car without insurance and putting additional miles on the car which is lowering the value if we do get it back to try and sell.
The state police sent us a letter about being a victim and please call. What a joke. They have done nothing to help. They do not return phone calls. They will not give us the contact info for who bought the car.
The car has been stolen. They know where it is and they will not let me get it back!THey said if i found it and took it back that i would be arrested for theft. I dont understand that logic since i have the title?
Mr. Hoffstot, I have some info that i think would be very helpful for u but i'm not sure how i could get it to u.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 2 hr Confused 5,580
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) Fri RetiredRN 16
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web