Former car dealer charged with theft

Full story: Evening Sun 82
The former owner of a Conewago Township car dealership faces a total of 37 counts of theft after police allege he charged customers for registrations, titles and warranties and pocketed the money. Full Story
Public Record

United States

#21 Mar 24, 2009
whatelse can happen wrote:
Does the paper check with the "victims" first for permission to print their names? More than likely, they do or can run the risk of a lawsuit!
This is part of a Public Record. It would be in the charging court documents.
That is awesome

Pella, IA

#22 Mar 24, 2009
What wrote:
He was not Mennonite. I know him from school and he always acted like an a$$. It's about time he got what was coming to him. Have fun with bubba dave!!
Agreed he once picked on a kid on crutches while i was a senior in high school... lets just say i put him into a locker a couple of times for that. Always thought he was tough because of the kids he hung out with... they are not helping him so much now are they
He finally got caught

King Of Prussia, PA

#23 Mar 24, 2009
The dealership was half owned by him and half owned by 2 other people...it's a shame that the other owner's have to clean up his messes.
John Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#24 Mar 24, 2009
Great job evening sun, placing victim names in the paper. What a bunch of jerks. I wish I was a victim and had my name printed in the paper, I smell a large law suite. Hey, keep up the good work dumb asses.
LJ KOTC

Pella, IA

#25 Mar 24, 2009
John Smith wrote:
Great job evening sun, placing victim names in the paper. What a bunch of jerks. I wish I was a victim and had my name printed in the paper, I smell a large law suite. Hey, keep up the good work dumb asses.
Good job reading any other post before you posted!
Hick

New Freedom, PA

#26 Mar 24, 2009
The business there now is in no way affiliated with this tool bag. He has been out of that building for months.
whatelse can happen

Dover, PA

#27 Mar 24, 2009
Regardless of the charges THIS TIME; there's a whole list of wrong doing on this guys part. Maybe this will help others do some background work before getting involved with ANYONE when it comes to money. Gotta look out for ourselves - no one else will:http://ujsportal.pacourts .us/DocketSheets/MDJ.aspx
Any county in PA, search by name!!
rgallant

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Mar 24, 2009
Maybe he was told to run his business like this by a PROFESSIONAL just like Sollenberger was told not to pay his taxes by a PROFESSIONAL. Ha Ha These "RELIGIOUS" criminals are everywhere and people should be aware a scam artist has no profile.

Since: Jul 08

McSherrystown

#29 Mar 24, 2009
Hick wrote:
The business there now is in no way affiliated with this tool bag. He has been out of that building for months.
Too bad the Sun didn't mention this. This business has some serious PR to do if they want to earn the public's trust.
pissed off

Harrisburg, PA

#30 Mar 24, 2009
davey boy had a good teacher his former boss on carlise street. say hi to bubba for me.
About time

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Mar 24, 2009
He finally got caught wrote:
The dealership was half owned by him and half owned by 2 other people...it's a shame that the other owner's have to clean up his messes.
I am glad that someone realizes that there are more victims than the ones listed. I know for fact that he was dishonest with the 2 other people he asked to come in as owners and now he expects them to pay all of the back debt that he caused while lying to them.
Hmmm

Reading, PA

#32 Mar 24, 2009
Very surprised the paper printed the victims names...what's the point? Lousy reporting. I guess the Conewago Twp. Police couldn't handle the case, so they called in the PSP? That's what I got out of it.
my understanding

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Mar 24, 2009
It is my understanding that the other owners have helped the police as much as possible and have tried to make things right.
Hick wrote:
convenient

Philadelphia, PA

#34 Mar 24, 2009
Hometown Transplant wrote:
In a 10/18/08 Evening Sun article highlighting Shank and Gateway he said, "The best part of owning his own dealership is meeting new people everyday." I think he meant to say "new victims." When I read that article I thought what a great thing this young man was doing...making a living being self-employed, growing his business and doing what he enjoys. Now I know he's nothing but a crook. I drive past his dealership quite often late at night and notice there are always a lot of cars parked in the front. I wonder what else goes on there. If he's the former owner, who owns the business now?
The article posted 10/18/08 list him as the owner. No mention of other owners. What when business was good he was the owner but when crooked deals started coming to light he wants to involve someone else to clean up his mess. Is that why he had to get out of New Oxford and bring in another owner, because he knew he needed someone to pass his bad transaction on to.
hair due

Chambersburg, PA

#37 Mar 24, 2009
dave can you let me know if they issue toupee in prison along with your orange jump suit you bald headed meatlover
hair due

Chambersburg, PA

#38 Mar 24, 2009
oh yea (imformed) you are crying about people hiding behind their keyboard with their screen name but WHO ARE YOU!!!! thats what i thought waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa !!!
wow

Shippensburg, PA

#39 Mar 24, 2009
The stories are all the same here, just like the lady that stole 60,000.00 some dollars from a church...I guess he will be joining her in the jail too.
closed

Chambersburg, PA

#40 Mar 24, 2009
Dave remember when you were going to put HI-LO out of buisness? How did that ever turn out?
hair due

Chambersburg, PA

#41 Mar 24, 2009
hey dave... i mean informed, your quick at posting an honest mans address because i think he can sleep at night and will not have people beating his door down, but can you please post your personal address because i am sure you can sleep at night and wont have people knocking down your door.....NOT....oh wait your address will change soon to level 2 block g cell 11.....york, pa 17404 hahahahahahaha thats funny i dont care who you are
It is about time

Gettysburg, PA

#42 Mar 24, 2009
I am so happy the truth finally comes out about this bastard. I was so pissed off when I saw that article in October praising Shank for opening his latest stealership, due to my knowledge of how much of a shaddy POS he is! I have friends that this scumbag ripped off years ago, and were still never compensated. How many car lot's full of pieces of junk has this guy opened and run into the ground now!? "I specialize in dealing performance vehicals"... more like you specialize in junk! And rip people off! I hope you enjoy getting shafted in prison you punk! Karma's a bitchhhh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Ronny Reagan 51,503
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sat Petal Power 2
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Fri Just Saying 3,999
bulllys at the work place. Fri Petal Power 3
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sep 18 Sl of bendover 5,468
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search