Former car dealer charged with theft

Full story: Evening Sun

The former owner of a Conewago Township car dealership faces a total of 37 counts of theft after police allege he charged customers for registrations, titles and warranties and pocketed the money.
Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Moron Locator

Germantown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

At what point does this thief actually think he will get away with this?
Karma Kittie

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

"I can't believe he did this because he was a Mennonite". My experience has always been the more religious the worst.
Elery Gonzalez

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Hope this theft goes to jail, he stole about $400.00
from me too.

Since: Jul 08

McSherrystown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

In a 10/18/08 Evening Sun article highlighting Shank and Gateway he said, "The best part of owning his own dealership is meeting new people everyday." I think he meant to say "new victims." When I read that article I thought what a great thing this young man was doing...making a living being self-employed, growing his business and doing what he enjoys. Now I know he's nothing but a crook. I drive past his dealership quite often late at night and notice there are always a lot of cars parked in the front. I wonder what else goes on there. If he's the former owner, who owns the business now?
Frank White

Hummelstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

it's always nice when the Evening Sun prints the names of victims....might as well throw their addresses in there too
Amazed

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

I'm sure glad i never took him up on his offer to sit my Range Rover on his lot to try to sell it for me.

Since: Jan 09

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Frank White wrote:
it's always nice when the Evening Sun prints the names of victims....might as well throw their addresses in there too
I am trying to think if I have seen that done in other newspapers and I don't thinks so, unless it was a murder.
whatelse can happen

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Does the paper check with the "victims" first for permission to print their names? More than likely, they do or can run the risk of a lawsuit!
whatelse can happen

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Did he go to jail for similar offenses before?
RAV

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

It's tasteless to print the names of the victims. They didn't ask to be a part of this notoriety! Unless a victim agrees to provide a comment or consents to putting their name in the article, it should be left out. It has absolutely no news value. What value do the people at the Evening Sun think this provides?
That is awesome

Pella, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

This kid was always a bag in high school, Not suprised he did this. He was always trying to act like he was better then he actually was.
Alice

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Frank White wrote:
Yeah...a list of people to take advantage of. Swamp land in Hanover for sale!
OH HAPPY DAYS

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

That is awesome wrote:
This kid was always a bag in high school, Not suprised he did this. He was always trying to act like he was better then he actually was.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! He was a huge bag! Remember when he drove around in his ugly camaro like he was big $!*#. He was and still is a turd. Well now he is a balding turd who is in trouble. HAHAHAHAHA! Paybacks always come back!
Hunter

Woodbury, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Where does this paper get its information that he was raised Mennonite?
That is awesome

Pella, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

OH HAPPY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHA! He was a huge bag! Remember when he drove around in his ugly camaro like he was big $!*#. He was and still is a turd. Well now he is a balding turd who is in trouble. HAHAHAHAHA! Paybacks always come back!
Yeah he aways thought that 305 was some piece of work... to bad it had nothing of an ls1. And what was with him riding his sisters green r1 around.... I used to f@ck with him so bad in high school guess he won't be going back to lowes
That is awesome

Pella, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Hunter wrote:
Where does this paper get its information that he was raised Mennonite?
I was wondering that to... i mean i knew where he lived when he was in HS and it was not a mennonite community. Out of respect i will not say where it is.
Comment

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

Frank White wrote:
#1 It's public record--you can go online and see everything.
#2 I think it's good they put the names in the paper
A. It might make others who have been scammed come forward so more charges can be brought against him
B. If "John Smith" was taken advantage of and I know "John Smith" I might sit back and say "Wow, they got taken advantage of, Their always so careful, if it happened to them it could happen to me also"
Julio

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

whatelse can happen wrote:
Did he go to jail for similar offenses before?
Think he was in york county jail before. What a piece of social trash.
burned customer

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

well looks like davey will be giving hummers instead of driving one. If He isn't mennonite then he will be getting railed by men-in-night!!!!
What

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

He was not Mennonite. I know him from school and he always acted like an a$$. It's about time he got what was coming to him. Have fun with bubba dave!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr bacon hater 3,808
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 12 hr More Settled Science 51,184
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 15 hr Wharfs for cape cod 5,383
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Tue Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••