Run Sue Run

Hanover, PA

#87 Sep 1, 2011
JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't any "yield" sign in front of Utz's, only crosswalks, and we all know, or should know, what the law says about crosswalks!
Yes...yield for pedestrians. And the signs are in the middle of the road on the double yellow lines.
shim

Shippensburg, PA

#88 Sep 2, 2011
Nobody should get anything free. Unless it is the news and you speak Spanish. Not picking or trying to start any of that ethnic crap. But if it good enough for one group?????????? The evening sun sometimes if not always sticks their nose in stuff and all it does is piss people off. report the news is what their job is not try & shove their opinions down people's throat. Trees have died to make paper that they print their crap. What a waste.
Dick Gozinya

Aspers, PA

#89 Sep 2, 2011
If you pay for a subscription, Then you should be able to access the HES paper online free of charge! If your a subscriber & paying for access online too, Then the HES is double dipping!
budget

Ephrata, PA

#90 Sep 2, 2011
Dick Gozinya wrote:
If you pay for a subscription, Then you should be able to access the HES paper online free of charge! If your a subscriber & paying for access online too, Then the HES is double dipping!
I agree 100%. Why pay twice for same info
The Watcher

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#91 Sep 2, 2011
budget wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. Why pay twice for same info
Then don't.

I would not either.

Pick which way you want to get the news and go with it.

Allowing free access to either lessens the demand for the other medium.
budget

Ephrata, PA

#92 Sep 2, 2011
The Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't.
I would not either.
Pick which way you want to get the news and go with it.
Allowing free access to either lessens the demand for the other medium.
I get the news on Iphone apps, and I watch on the comp screen from local and national news stations which have full story details. I get free email and text alerts for breaking news which also prompts me to "log" on and read full story from the news stations.Its worked for me for 3 years, so far.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

#93 Sep 2, 2011
Dick Gozinya wrote:
No, you're absolutely wrong, you are double dipping by getting the news in two versions, printed and on-line. It may be the same news, but you are accessing it two different ways.
Can you read the same printed news article in 2 different newspapers without someone paying for each newspaper?

Hanover

#94 Sep 2, 2011
budget wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the news on Iphone apps, and I watch on the comp screen from local and national news stations which have full story details. I get free email and text alerts for breaking news which also prompts me to "log" on and read full story from the news stations.Its worked for me for 3 years, so far.
I'm glad you added the last 2 words, "so far", but what are you going to do when "so far" runs out and it isn't free, as you call it, to you anymore?
Actually, it isn't even free to you now, you're paying for it indirectly thru your fees for the Iphone, Internet service, e-mails, texts, cable, etc. There just isn't much left that's absolutely free anymore.
I still say that you don't get ALL the LOCAL news in as much DETAIL using your methods as a person gets by reading a print or complete on-line version, neither of which are, or soon won't be, free.
Cracker Jack

Hanover, PA

#95 Sep 2, 2011
South Hanover Walmart has big bags of Cracker Jack for only $1 a bag. They are right there when you check out. Great place to put them. Go get yourself a few bags!

Prize inside! I go an Obama ring in my bag.
budget

Ephrata, PA

#96 Sep 3, 2011
<quoted text>I'm glad you added the last 2 words, "so far", but what are you going to do when "so far" runs out and it isn't free, as you call it, to you anymore?
Actually, it isn't even free to you now, you're paying for it indirectly thru your fees for the Iphone, Internet service, e-mails, texts, cable, etc. There just isn't much left that's absolutely free anymore.
I still say that you don't get ALL the LOCAL news in as much DETAIL using your methods as a person gets by reading a print or complete on-line version, neither of which are, or soon won't be, free.
Well why not keep grabbing at straws here and add the taxes and electric use/ bill? When was the last time you logged on to read a story from CNN or WGAL on their site? Web sites dont have to worry about rushing a story due to time constrictions and commerical breaks. Many times you get alot more "behind the sceens info" by reading it on their site.
Cracker Jack

Hanover, PA

#97 Sep 3, 2011
Cracker Jack wrote:
South Hanover Walmart has big bags of Cracker Jack for only $1 a bag. They are right there when you check out. Great place to put them. Go get yourself a few bags!
Prize inside! I go an Obama ring in my bag.
Funny how there is no topic an someone judges my comment "off topic."
Keep spreading the love! No spam, just Cracker Jack.
Hmmm Hmmm good!
Buy some if it's in your Budget. Love a Budget.

Hanover

#98 Sep 3, 2011
budget wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why not keep grabbing at straws here and add the taxes and electric use/ bill? When was the last time you logged on to read a story from CNN or WGAL on their site? Web sites dont have to worry about rushing a story due to time constrictions and commerical breaks. Many times you get alot more "behind the sceens info" by reading it on their site.
OK, if you want to add those expenses(I can add others - the cost of buying your TV, computer, phone, etc.- they don't happen to be free either) into the game, it's just that much more reason that it isn't FREE!!! You're still paying something, one way or the other.
I see WGAL's web site quite often but there is very little there that wasn't shown on the air, as far as real news. And I can gaurantee you that you won't get very much LOCAL NEWS on CNN, only if it would be something of great importance to a large numnber of people.
My main point is that they don't give you ALL THE LOCAL NEWS in as great detail as you get in a newspaper edition, printed or on-line.
Dick Gozinya

Chambersburg, PA

#99 Sep 5, 2011
<quoted text>
No, you're absolutely wrong, you are double dipping by getting the news in two versions, printed and on-line. It may be the same news, but you are accessing it two different ways.
Can you read the same printed news article in 2 different newspapers without someone paying for each newspaper?
NO I'm absolutely correct! and I figured if anyone would take up for the Liberal views of the HES paper it would be you, simply because you are a real Asshole! You need to get a life instead of sitting in front of your PC just stirring up shit! Maybe budget could help you with your mental problems?

Hanover

#100 Sep 5, 2011
Dick Gozinya wrote:
<quoted text>NO I'm absolutely correct! and I figured if anyone would take up for the Liberal views of the HES paper it would be you, simply because you are a real Asshole! You need to get a life instead of sitting in front of your PC just stirring up shit! Maybe budget could help you with your mental problems?
Exactly what are you correct about? What part about FREE don't you understand? To me, it is" no cost involved", direct or indirect! I'm not taking up for HES, only making the point about what is a fair way to do business.

You were the first to attack the HES just because you don't agree with their views. OK, just don't use or read any version of their news, printed or on-line, that solves the problem. If you don’t see it, you won’t disagree with it.

My first comment was in response to "FED UP" in #14 and it had nothing to do with anything you had posted. I was in total agreement with your posts up to that point, until you posted this in #23: "Dick Gozinya wrote: <quoted text>Why do you always have such of a Negative Opinion to everyones post? Are you a Liberal? Are you Gay? Everybody's opinion is welcome in this forum, But yours always SUCKS!" There are some people that might have the same opinion of you. You stated in the first post of this forum “Although we all may not agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion.” It seems that you, and some others, just can’t stand anyone that disagrees with your positions.

Anyway, after re-reading the posts on this forum, I believe that there are more in agreement with positions that I agree with, or my positions, than agree with you, "budget" and a few others.

Don't call me your middle name! When it comes to "stirring up shit", both you and "budget" do a pretty job and "budget" is supposedly a highly educated person making some very crude statements. Actually, I believe both of you could use some help, in what department or field, I'm not sure, but it would have to do with illogical reasoning concerning business practices.
budget

Ephrata, PA

#101 Sep 5, 2011
Dick Gozinya wrote:
<quoted text>NO I'm absolutely correct! and I figured if anyone would take up for the Liberal views of the HES paper it would be you, simply because you are a real Asshole! You need to get a life instead of sitting in front of your PC just stirring up shit! Maybe budget could help you with your mental problems?
WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO good for you!!!:9)
whomever

Blackwood, NJ

#102 Sep 6, 2011
Good Lord, you clowns are still at it? Is it any wonder why these forums are dead?
not surprised

United States

#103 Sep 6, 2011
Free versions of the evening sun are given to illegal immigrants and the people who are citizens are paying for it once again. HES will be out of business soon!
budget

Ephrata, PA

#104 Sep 6, 2011
whomever wrote:
Good Lord, you clowns are still at it? Is it any wonder why these forums are dead?
Thanks for taking time away from your busy day to comment about why the forums are dead, you helped us by commenting and keeping it alive.

Hanover

#105 Sep 6, 2011
whomever wrote:
"Dick Gozinya" & "budget" sure are! Nobody can disagree with them and I won't back down from the positions I agree with.
budget

Ephrata, PA

#106 Sep 6, 2011
<quoted text>"Dick Gozinya" & "budget" sure are! Nobody can disagree with them and I won't back down from the positions I agree with.
Did I call you out? I dont expect anything other from you. Sorry that you were "born on the highway, because thats where most accidents happen."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 2 hr TAG-31 5,755
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr 30 Trista Biddle 23
Snyder lance Apr 11 light0070702 2
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Second eagle Mar '15 Vlossak 1
Rachel Caltrider????? Mar '15 Just looking 1
Bald Eagle Live Stream, Hanover Mar '15 Birder1810 1
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]