Comments
21 - 40 of 113 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2011
Disgusted

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Aug 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
Does anybody really think the newspapers will miss you on their websites?
They will to an extent.

The amount they charge for their on-line ads is surely based on the number of visits to their web site and the number of clicks on their ads.

Anyway, their "news" is not sufficient to compel me to pay the amount of money they charge. Never subscribed to their print edition and surely wont pay for their web version.
dumb

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

There really isn't much for free anymore! But my family as yearly paid subscribers find it difficult to be asked to pay for the web version of their newspaper. I guess the roughly $123.00 a year we pay is not enough for us to see the on-line version for free. Simply Ridiculous!
Wondering

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 22, 2011
 
I also wonder: Who would pay for online version? In addition, when asked about coupons, could not give valid reason for not having them.
The Watcher

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wake up.

Times are changing. No free ride.

Pay or don't know. Your choice. No harm if you wish to be ignorant. Advertisements ain't paying their way anymore. Simple as that. Go online OR hardcopy, you choose.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Aug 22, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

dumb wrote:
There really isn't much for free anymore! But my family as yearly paid subscribers find it difficult to be asked to pay for the web version of their newspaper. I guess the roughly $123.00 a year we pay is not enough for us to see the on-line version for free. Simply Ridiculous!
I agree that what you paid is rediculous.
You just have to know how to play their special subscription games.
This year I paid $66.50 and last year I paid $81.00.
Yuo mainly have to ask for their best rates and hold out until they will give them to you.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Aug 22, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Wondering wrote:
I also wonder: Who would pay for online version? In addition, when asked about coupons, could not give valid reason for not having them.
You can get any coupons that would be with the printed edition, and more, on-line anytime.

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Aug 22, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
They will to an extent.
The amount they charge for their on-line ads is surely based on the number of visits to their web site and the number of clicks on their ads.
Anyway, their "news" is not sufficient to compel me to pay the amount of money they charge. Never subscribed to their print edition and surely wont pay for their web version.
So, obviously, they won't miss you one bit!
dumb

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that what you paid is rediculous.
You just have to know how to play their special subscription games.
This year I paid $66.50 and last year I paid $81.00.
Yuo mainly have to ask for their best rates and hold out until they will give them to you.
I believe you are correct...I really don't try to get free things in life, since I am able to pay for them. But I am tried of paying for things that others could also pay for...example that Latino paper among others! I am just tired of the BS!!!
Dick Gozinya

Cashtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Screw The Hanover Evening Sun Paper! They won't get anymore of my money when my subscription expires!

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Aug 25, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dick Gozinya wrote:
Screw The Hanover Evening Sun Paper! They won't get anymore of my money when my subscription expires!
Whatever floats your boat!!!
As I said before, they probably won't miss you or anyone else.
Printed editions of most newspapers are soon going to be a thing of the past, and if you want detailed LOCAL news, you'll have to pay for it on-line. Don't say that you'll watch it on TV, because for the majority of the people, that isn't free either, and you sure won't get that much local news from any station. Why should you get free on-line news when the people getting printed news have to pay for it?
budget

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Aug 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever floats your boat!!!
As I said before, they probably won't miss you or anyone else.
Printed editions of most newspapers are soon going to be a thing of the past, and if you want detailed LOCAL news, you'll have to pay for it on-line. Don't say that you'll watch it on TV, because for the majority of the people, that isn't free either, and you sure won't get that much local news from any station. Why should you get free on-line news when the people getting printed news have to pay for it?
So what if people have to pay for printed news, it's their choice. They have the right to get FREE news! Dont cry your boo hoo crap about people getting news for free when others have to pay....Here's your "tissue" wipe your feel bad for others tears away because they have to pay for news. Again its their choice just as it's your choice to cry the "free news" blues.
shim

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Just wondering if the Spanish speaking people still get their paper for free.
Dick Gozinya

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

shim wrote:
Just wondering if the Spanish speaking people still get their paper for free.
I'm shure someone somewhere is making shure they get it for nothing!

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

budget wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if people have to pay for printed news, it's their choice. They have the right to get FREE news! Dont cry your boo hoo crap about people getting news for free when others have to pay....Here's your "tissue" wipe your feel bad for others tears away because they have to pay for news. Again its their choice just as it's your choice to cry the "free news" blues.
Would you please explain why people have the "RIGHT" to get FREE news? I didn't think you could!!! What "RIGHT" are you talking about?
You are correct about "its their choice" to either pay or not pay, but don't expect every news organization to give you their complete product FREE.
By the way, I think you already know what you can wipe with your tissue. Maybe Obama can help you find something free!

Since: Jan 09

Hanover

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Aug 27, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

"budget", maybe you should use the name "freeloader". I guess I was correct - you don't have an answer, do you?
budget

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
"budget", maybe you should use the name "freeloader". I guess I was correct - you don't have an answer, do you?
Guess I never realized that I had to answer a pile of lower class dog feces....I pay MORE taxes in a year then u do in 5! Thats what a 10 year education gives AFTER high school! See you in my office soon I bet...Majored in Neuroscience at Ursinus College in Collegeville Pa,Graduated with Masters Degree in 2000 then went to Widener University in Chester Pa and graduated. So while you sat and b*tched and typed here, I was getting ready to see you in my office for a Physiological exam. "freeloader"??? Change your name to lazy uneducated pimple ridden beer gut with no real dreams in life but to be on here daily.-----Thats MY honest opinion
FED UP

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
Does anybody really think the newspapers will miss you on their websites?
You're correct! However, if the masses say they've had enough of this greedy buisness, then we'll see how much they "don't" care!

Paying for both hard copy and website is GREEDY!
FED UP

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Aug 28, 2011
 
The Watcher wrote:
wake up.
Times are changing. No free ride.
Pay or don't know. Your choice. No harm if you wish to be ignorant. Advertisements ain't paying their way anymore. Simple as that. Go online OR hardcopy, you choose.
No one is asking for a free ride...how about a fair price.
FED UP

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Aug 28, 2011
 
JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that what you paid is rediculous.
You just have to know how to play their special subscription games.
This year I paid $66.50 and last year I paid $81.00.
Yuo mainly have to ask for their best rates and hold out until they will give them to you.
What's rediculous is that the price is different for some, like yourself. I'm tired of playing that game, not to mention I shouldn't have to. The price should be the same for everyone! Another reason for everyone to get their news from another source.
FED UP

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Aug 28, 2011
 
Dick Gozinya wrote:
Screw The Hanover Evening Sun Paper! They won't get anymore of my money when my subscription expires!
I heard that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Eddie Swindell 51,202
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 9 hr tom the con artist 3,832
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Thu SSL 5,396
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••