Snyders to go independent operator

Snyders to go independent operator

Posted in the Hanover Forum

routeman

Carlisle, PA

#1 Mar 9, 2011
Snyders is going io and and saying goodbye thankyou very much to their great employees,who helped build the company to what they are today, unless they fork out lots of money to buy the route. and lose all of their benefits. thanks for nothing. Who does this benefit? Company 100% salesman 0%

Since: Apr 11

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Apr 7, 2011
Welcome to our world. Snyder's now will still treat you like a employee even though your are called independent.
working slob

Plant City, FL

#3 Apr 20, 2011
When I started working for Snyders I did not have to purchase my territory. Then two years ago Snyders told me I had to buy or leave, so I bought my job.
They know they have you, they own you.....

I have never worked for a company that was so disrespectful to the people that make the sale.

Now this Lance merger, I know it will not benefit the route saleman. Once again Snyders will screw me and my family.
If the economy was better no one would work for Snyders
mass io

Plainville, MA

#4 Jul 31, 2011
Guys, there are the plus side of being an IO. You control your territory and work schedule the way you want to. Manipulating the write offs are huge. I have co workers who have not paid taxes since they've started. Not a good suggestion on my part, but a fact. If you should build your route up you have the option to hire or sell a piece off. If you don't have the minimum to sell, you can join with a coworker to make up a new territory and sell it off, which brings in quick money. And if you should ever leave Snyders you would not walk away with nothing. You'd sell your route off, or you could hire some one for a smaller commission (like 8% cash or 10% 1099) to work it while you look for your next job. If you were at a non IO job you would walk away with nothing, maybe a two week severance.

On the other side, being an IO is not worth it. All the costs we build up and after all said and done most IO's taxable income lies in the $30-$40,000 range, if not cheating uncle sam.

Here in Mass we have prospered well, but over the years Snyders as company has tried to bully the IO's in doing things THEIR way. Remember people, once you've signed the contract to become an Owner-Independent Operator it's your business. If your accounts are being serviced correctly, comply with their sales programs accordingly Snyders people can not tell you what to do. They will try, and the weak will listen, but you are your business. If they persist on threatening you about doing things their way, you threaten them with a law suit, and they will shut the f*** up. Trust me, search around for all the law uits that settled out of court cause Snyders don't want the public to know how they are treating people.

One good example I can come up with: say you bought a house, started a family, and then I come in and tell you you are raising your kids the wrong way and you have to start doing it my way? You'd tell me to f*** off or beat the crap out of me. Well, when you're an IO with your business why would you let a dm or anybody from Snyders tell you what to do with your business? We didn't buy a Dunkin Donuts franchise where people sign an agreement that what DD coporate says we all follow. We signed an agreement to purchase a territory, service and maintain the accounts as much as needed, and comply with the sales and allocated space. I didn't see anything typed where I write a check for over $100,000 to purchase a route and be treated like a company man. Be strong people, cause the weak will never survive.
flowergirl63

Dover, PA

#5 Aug 1, 2011
you could buy a skid of snacks and sell at fleamarket

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sat Texan 7,080
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul '16 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul '16 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul '16 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul '16 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance