Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
Nancy R

West Mifflin, PA

#57923 Jun 16, 2014
In the many eulogies to Ronald Reagan since his passing, virtually all acknowledge his role in defeating Soviet communism and reviving America’s self-confidence. But another aspect of Reagan’s record that should not be forgotten was his commitment to keeping America open to trade and immigration.

Reagan’s vision of an America open to commerce and peaceful, hardworking immigrants contradicts the anti-trade and anti-immigration views espoused by Lou Dobbs, Bill O’Reilly, Pat Buchanan, Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, and many others who claim to speak for the conservative causes Reagan largely defined.

Reagan’s heart and head were clearly on the side of free trade. While president, he declared in 1986:“Our trade policy rests firmly on the foundation of free and open markets. I recognize … the inescapable conclusion that all of history has taught: The freer the flow of world trade, the stronger the tides of human progress and peace among nations.”

It was the Reagan administration that launched the Uruguay Round of multilateral trade negotiations in 1986 that lowered global tariffs and created the World Trade Organization. It was his administration that won approval of the U.S.-Canada Free Trade Agreement in 1988. That agreement soon expanded to include Mexico in what became the North American Free Trade Agreement, realizing a vision that Reagan first articulated in the 1980 campaign. It was Reagan who vetoed protectionist textile quota bills in 1985 and 1988.

During Reagan’s eight years in office, Americans eagerly expanded their engagement in the global economy. In 1980, the year before Reagan became president, Americans spent a total of $334 billion on imported goods and services and payments on foreign investment in the United States. By 1988, his last year in office, American spending in the global economy had nearly doubled, to $663 billion. If Reagan was a “protectionist,” it had no discernable effect on the ability of Americans to spend freely in the global marketplace. Fittingly, one of the major federal buildings on Pennsylvania Avenue is named the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center.

Looky here:

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/r...
Nancy R

West Mifflin, PA

#57924 Jun 16, 2014
Long-Standing Support for Free Trade with Mexico. Ronald Reagan first proposed a free trade agreement between the U.S. and Mexico in his 1980 presidential campaign. Since that time, The Heritage Foundation is proud of the role it has played in articulating President Reagan's vision of free trade in Latin America and around the world. Since the mid-1980s, Heritage analysts have been stressing that a free trade agreement with Mexico not only will stimulate economic growth in the U.S., but will make Mexico a more stable and prosperous country. Heritage has published over three dozen studies stressing the benefits of free trade in North America.
The Foundation also has highlighted the Mexican success story. Under the leadership of Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari, Mexico has moved further and faster than practically any other country in the world in promoting free market reforms and free trade. The approval of the NAFTA by the Congress is a recognition of these historic advances and will help ensure that the momentum in favor of economic and political liberty throughout the Americas is maintained.
In June 1986, then-Heritage analyst Edward L. Hudgins wrote "A U.S. Strategy to Solve Mexico's Debt Crisis." In that Backgrounder, Hudgins urged the Reagan Administration to "explore further special free trade and investment arrangements" with Mexico. Said Hudgins: "The possibility of a complete free trade and investment zone [between the U.S. and Mexico] should be explored. Ultimately, a complete Free Trade Area between the U.S. and Mexico should be sought, similar to the U.S.-Canada pact [then] being negotiated."
Four years later, Heritage analyst Michael Wilson argued in an Executive Memorandum entitled "Bush and Salinas Should Launch Free Trade Talks Between the U.S. and Mexico": "What were once distant neighbors now appear to be developing into economic and geopolitical partners. George Bush should strengthen this cooperative relationship not only by supporting Salinas's economic reforms, but by moving quickly to negotiate a free trade agreement with Mexico."
Read more here:
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/1993...
Feel free to ask on how Clinton destroyed America by signing NAFTA when GOP Presidents ( Reagan and Bush and others ) totally supported this agreement.
Spelling Bee

West Mifflin, PA

#57926 Jun 16, 2014
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Skippy I’ve lived through all of this I was born in the early 50s and you are really Dumb… WHERE overseas??? PROVE IT!!!
SHOW me that W.H bill in Legislation!!!! Where is your website facts to PROVE your BS!!! And YOU tell me to Look it UP,, well I DID!!!
You are a LIER!!! Milwaukee was gradually loosing its Manf since 1969!!!! Hears the chart….. Why are Dems are such Liars and BS all the TIME!!!!
http://billmoyers.com/2013/07/03/whats-wrong-...
http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/wis...
Your REAL problem in Milwaukee manufacturing leaving was because of the demographic changes, Like N Philly Harrisburg the more ANY city in the U.S. becomes Black the MORE Crime goes up and business/factories move out. Milwaukee ranks as the 10th most dangerous city in the U.S. Then look at the workforce or lack of.
http://fox6now.com/2013/11/07/milwaukee-10-on...
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wi/milwaukee...
http://city.milwaukee.gov/ImageLibrary/Groups...
Employment in Milwaukee varies signi&#64257;cantly by race and geography. In 2000, African Americans had the highest unemployment rate of any race at over 16%. Hispanics and American Indians both had rates around
12% and Asians and Whites had the lowest rates with 10% and 5%, respectively. African American and Asian populations had the highest percentage of people not in the labor force; both over 39%. American Indians and
Whites had the lowest rates of people not in the labor force, less than 34%.
White Pop of Milwaukee is 37% Blacks 40% HS grad rates for blacks is less the 60% not to mention the black dropouts is high… Milwaukee county children food stamp,2009 white 5% black 45% ANY business in the US looks at 2 things in manufacturing what’s the tax base and what’s the work force ethics and education
http://dropoutnation.net/2013/02/04/americas-...
Gee I huess Reagan caused this also>> What a PUTZ you are in NOT researching Facts
Hello most all the stuff I buy says CHINA Not Canada, Mexico!!!! Like I said Dems are plain Dumb!!! We were in an Inflation Recession in the 80s BEFORE Regan Dummy!!! I’ve not only Googled up the facts on Clinton causing the great recession signing the China Trade Act, I went to the ultimate and Posted CLINTIONS actual; words when he signed that Trade act. NO Opinions in that Pure perfect Research!!! I even posted the GOV BLS Chart “Bureau of Labor Statistics” In Manufacturing since the 40s!!! Any Idiot can look at that and SEE what happened from 2000 to 2009 opposed to the 40s on up..
Learn to spell fuktard
PA Dem

Havertown, PA

#57927 Jun 16, 2014
Spelling Bee wrote:
<quoted text> Learn to spell fuktard
lolol
Masters Program

Erie, PA

#57928 Jun 16, 2014
Lake Errie wrote:
<quoted text> Did you lose all your arguments on Obama, since you've been here before posting about Obama...I shot down your BS many times, now you want to post stuff on Governors?
Corbett is going to lose, so what's the point? LMAO...Corbett will be shamed instead of losing..........HAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!!!!!!!!
Guess what Moron, You shot done nothing of mine. You are a moron! I voted for Gary Johnson, Not Obama. Sadly Americans like you see only red or blue. Cant vote for a candidate have to vote by party affiliation. Thank God Corbett is going to lose. Fools like you who voted for him the first time have screwed us royally you idfiot!
Lake Errie

West Mifflin, PA

#57930 Jun 16, 2014
Masters Program wrote:
<quoted text> Guess what Moron, You shot done nothing of mine. You are a moron! I voted for Gary Johnson, Not Obama. Sadly Americans like you see only red or blue. Cant vote for a candidate have to vote by party affiliation. Thank God Corbett is going to lose. Fools like you who voted for him the first time have screwed us royally you idfiot!
Hey azzwipe I didn't vote for Corbett,,,,,,,Wasn't he the one protecting that pedophile Jerry Sandusky by not investigating his actions?? Corbett was on the board of directors at Penn State University and didnt know about it? HAAAAAAAAA!!!
Go back to drinking that Lake Erie water where people fukonaboat and throw the condoms overboard,,,,,,,,,,
Sam I Am

Erie, PA

#57931 Jun 16, 2014
Hey Homie, I know why you are so mad. You voted Obama and Corbett. terrible Tom is so much like you. If I didn't know better............
Gerald Ford

West Mifflin, PA

#57933 Jun 16, 2014
lolol
Bob Dole

West Mifflin, PA

#57934 Jun 16, 2014
Folks, you cant this crap up!

Republicans' Latest 2016 Savior? Mitt Romney!

GOP bigwigs long for the return of Mr. 47 Percent. No, really.

Wow, things sure have gotten dire for the supposed-moderate wing of the Republican Party. Over the weekend, just days after Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) lost his primary to a tea party upstart, a group of business-minded GOPers convened in Park City, Utah, where they pined for what might have been. Let the Mitt Romney Resurrection begin!

With a theme of "The Future of American Leadership," the conference had been convened by Romney, and included a host of Republican officials who have been speculated to be the nominee in 2016: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. But despite the presence of those bigwigs, attendees were still looking to the past. Near the start of Friday, according to the Washington Post, MSNBC host and former congressman Joe Scarborough called for a Draft Romney movement. "This is the only person that can fill the stage," Scarborough was quoted as saying.

Scarborough wasn't alone; Romney's major donors joined the chorus of calling for his return, and former Montana Gov. Brian Schweit­zer (himself a potential 2016er on the Democrats' side) offered a lukewarm endorsement of the cause. "He would be a giant in a field of midgets

Read the shocking story here:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/r...
R NIxon

West Mifflin, PA

#57935 Jun 16, 2014
I guess Mitt's racist comments (NAACP, Obama's origin of birth and the Palestinian people) wasn't enough to make this smug blowhard go away? He'll be the numero uno guest on all of the rightwing, neocon Sunday morning rightwing, neocon...oh, I already said that...GOP agitprop productions called Face the Nation, Meet the Press, lol, This Week and of course FOX with umpteen surrogates on CSPAN.
Romney, QUITE unlike VP Al Gore, graciously bowed out after the stacked Supreme Court handed the rigged election to "W" and moved on with his life, never interfering or commenting on the little dictator's horrendous decisions to ravage Iraq and thousands of American's lives. Al Gore had and still has class and integrity and grace, qualities this racist, draft-dodging, crass mouthpiece for the GOP has not an iota of.
justhefacts

Clifton Heights, PA

#57936 Jun 16, 2014
Spelling Bee wrote:
<quoted text> Learn to spell fuktard
So let me understand this YOU after ALL my FACTS posted this is ALL YOU CAN COME UP WITH !!!

.Freaking Spelling Ever THINK I’ve done this on purpose as a bet to my friend saying watch When you factually put Dems in the corner and they CANT refute FACTS and you misspell, there only comeback is your spelling and when they Cuss at you they ironically emulate the Dems ghetto mentality LOL
Dems are SO predictable its like Clones!!!
They other Irony is YOUR Dem voter base is the MOST illiterate violent street murders ..
Mitt Robme

West Mifflin, PA

#57937 Jun 17, 2014
justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me understand this YOU after ALL my FACTS posted this is ALL YOU CAN COME UP WITH !!!
.Freaking Spelling Ever THINK I’ve done this on purpose as a bet to my friend saying watch When you factually put Dems in the corner and they CANT refute FACTS and you misspell, there only comeback is your spelling and when they Cuss at you they ironically emulate the Dems ghetto mentality LOL
Dems are SO predictable its like Clones!!!
They other Irony is YOUR Dem voter base is the MOST illiterate violent street murders ..
Obama won the election ( as a matter of a fact he won 2 ) get over it, Romney was the biggest joke candidate in 50 years.
In Over Her Head

Narberth, PA

#57938 Jun 17, 2014
Hillary Clinton: I ‘Could Not Have Predicted’ That Al-Qaida Would Take Over Iraq
06/12/2014

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admitted that she “could not have predicted” the effectiveness of the al-Qaida-affiliated terrorist group that seized control of two major Iraqi cities this week.
Clinton, the Obama administration’s first Secretary of State and a presumptive 2016 presidential candidate, admitted that she underestimated ISIS in an interview Thursday with NPR’s Terry Gross at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York City.
Clinton also notably failed to classify the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram as a terrorist group during her time at the State Department, which made it more difficult to prosecute the group that recently abducted a classroom full of Nigerian schoolgirls.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/12/hillary-cli...
R Nixon

West Mifflin, PA

#57939 Jun 17, 2014
Despite that bogus so called Benghazi scandal Hillary leads all candidates on both sides of the aisle for President in 2016.........

YEAH BABY!

Opponent

June 2014

Clinton vs. Jeb Bush

55.7 to 35.8

Clinton vs. Chris Christie

51.9 to 39.9

Clinton vs. Rand Paul

52.9 to 40.3

Clinton vs. Paul Ryan

55.7 to 37.2

Clinton vs. Mike Huckabee

58.8 to 36.7

Hillary in 2016 !!!
S Hannity

West Mifflin, PA

#57940 Jun 17, 2014
Well Faux Noise has Hillary and Christie tied,,,,,,,,,45-45.

Karl Rove and Dick Morris also had Romney win the election with over 300 electorail votes......
HAAAA!!!!!

Faux Noise.......the most trusted fair and balanced and unbiased news reporting!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
B OReilly

West Mifflin, PA

#57941 Jun 17, 2014
This Dude in a Squirrel Suit Is the GOP’s Plan to Beat Hillary !

You don’t have to watch SportsCenter or even ESPN to have seen quite a few of its classic ads over the years featuring athletes, network personalities, and team mascots in its Bristol, Conn. headquarters. Over the last 20 years or so they’ve become iconic reminders of who the undisputed champion of cable sports programming is. So it isn’t at all surprising that others would try to replicate or parody them.

This now includes the Republican National Committee, which has released an ad so strange that before watching it you should put a hat on, lest you draw blood from scratching your head too hard:

Check out the shocking video here:

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/06/watch-bizar...
Hillary

West Mifflin, PA

#57942 Jun 17, 2014
Mitt Romney was right 47% of Americans are moochers, BUT 9 out of the 10 states are RED states, the kind that tend to vote Republican, those 9 states are the poorest,
more people on welfare, single mothers ,poverty, lazy and stupid.

According to the latest Census data, 9 of the 10 states with the lowest per-person income levels were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, Idaho, West Virginia, Kentucky, Utah, Alabama, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

The Census data also show that 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median household income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

And 9 of the 10 states with the lowest median family income were Red: Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisiana and South Carolina.

The only Blue state on each list: New Mexico.

Read the shocking story here:

http://www.politifact.com/rhode-island/statem...
lady

Lancaster, PA

#57943 Jun 17, 2014
who the fck cares they are all corrupt scoundrels anyway and not worth your joke of Amerikan vote
Todd

Pittsburgh, PA

#57944 Jun 18, 2014
Whom ever legalized weed.
Lying for Years Hillary

Chambersburg, PA

#57945 Jun 18, 2014
Clinton [now] claims she had doubts about video explanation after Benghazi strike
June 18, 2014

Hillary Clinton, in a sit-down interview with Fox News, suggested Tuesday that she had doubts from the outset about whether the Benghazi terror attack was triggered by a protest over an anti-Islam film -- though her State Department pushed that narrative for days.

"This was the fog of war," Clinton said, when asked about the administration's controversial public explanation of the attack.

"My own assessment careened from the video had something to do with it, the video had nothing to do with it -- it may have affected some people, it didn't affect other people," she said in the interview with Fox News' Bret Baier and Greta Van Susteren.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/18/cl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 40 min Karma 6,967
Utz buys Golden Flake Jul 27 jim thompson 1
Lovely School Taxes (Jan '12) Jul 23 Jan 22
News Last chance to get free fresh produce from Agen... Jul 23 test 1
Kitchen Fitters Manchester Jul 1 ceagceog432 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun '16 Davenport 2
107178 PB Filled Pieces Jun '16 Mattiecakes918 1

Hanover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance