No Scientific Proof

Scranton, PA

#56130 Feb 28, 2014
Greenpeace co-founder: No scientific proof humans are dominant cause of warming climate
February 26, 2014

A co-founder of Greenpeace told lawmakers there is no evidence man is contributing to climate change, and said he left the group when it became more interested in politics than the environment.

Patrick Moore, a Canadian ecologist and business consultant who was a member of Greenpeace from 1971-86, told members of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee environmental groups like the one he helped establish use faulty computer models and scare tactics in promoting claims man-made gases are heating up the planet.

“There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth’s atmosphere over the past 100 years,” he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/02/26/gre...
jacob

Erie, PA

#56131 Feb 28, 2014
back to the future wrote:
bill clinton balanced the budget and left a surplus for bush who went through that money in his first year in office long before the bottom fell out in 2007
Clinton NEVER left a surplus. He left a PROJECTED surplus that never materialized. At least be honest with the facts whether you're a republican or democrat. Nothing worst than a liar.
Hardy Har Har

Townville, PA

#56133 Feb 28, 2014
Dick Cheney just paid $68,000 for a signed copy of Mein Kampf.He said he wants to read it to is Grandchildren at bedtime
HIllary

West Mifflin, PA

#56134 Feb 28, 2014
jacob wrote:
<quoted text> Clinton NEVER left a surplus. He left a PROJECTED surplus that never materialized. At least be honest with the facts whether you're a republican or democrat. Nothing worst than a liar.
Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.

Please know the difference between debt and surplus.

Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.

Under accrual accounting, the annual reports showed surpluses of $69.2 billion in fiscal 1998,$76.9 billion in fiscal 1999, and $46 billion for fiscal year 2000. So even if the government had been using that form of accounting the deficit would have been erased for those three years.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-a...
Hillary

West Mifflin, PA

#56135 Feb 28, 2014
Hardy Har Har wrote:
Dick Cheney just paid $68,000 for a signed copy of Mein Kampf.He said he wants to read it to is Grandchildren at bedtime
Yes, that's true, he's also working on writing a first aid book on the do's and dont's of waterboarding....
humpty dumpty

West Mifflin, PA

#56136 Feb 28, 2014
jacob wrote:
<quoted text> Clinton NEVER left a surplus. He left a PROJECTED surplus that never materialized. At least be honest with the facts whether you're a republican or democrat. Nothing worst than a liar.
Keep drinking that Lake Erie water, I was up there fishing last summer and took a big dump over the side of my boat !
Ripleys

West Mifflin, PA

#56138 Feb 28, 2014
What if ?
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney claimed that if elected President his plan would balance the federal budget in eight to 10 years. But so far, he has not made public the details on how he would be able to do that, and one neutral budget expert calls it “an unrealistic goal.”
Also, Romney and running mate Paul Ryan exaggerate when they say “five different studies” prove that all of the stated goals of Romney’s revenue-neutral tax plan could be accomplished without raising taxes on middle-income taxpayers. Two of the five “studies” were blog items. And none of three other studies was nonpartisan: Two were written by Romney campaign advisers and a third was by a former economic adviser to President George W. Bush.
Keep watching FAUX news for updates !!!
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/romneys-econ...
Valtron

Hyattsville, MD

#56139 Feb 28, 2014
And don't forget about the war with Russia. Romnuts has a passion for pushing Putin's buttons. Only problem with that genius foreign policy is that Putin might push a button too. Notice Romney's quick reaction to Putin on just about anything. We would have been fighting the Ruskies for the past two years if old Romnuts had been elected. The Mormons could then have their dream of "inheriting the Earth" much sooner than waiting for the old fashioned way of letting God end the world. After all aren't the Mormons the rightful owners of the world anyway.....
Valtron

Hyattsville, MD

#56140 Mar 1, 2014
Does anyone else on here think that Jan Brewer the lovely governor of Arizona resembles the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz?

This debunks the arguement that republican women are more attractive than Democratic women. Doesn't it?

She's the Wicked Witch of the Tea Party...in my opinion.
Glabal Warming Science

Plymouth, PA

#56141 Mar 1, 2014
Study: Global warming will cause murders and rapes
February 27, 2014

Stop everything you're doing and move into the woods, people, because global warming really is going to kill us.

If the melting sea ice causing the ocean to flood and go all “The Day After Tomorrow” doesn't kill us, we'll kill each other.

The latter, according to a new study, will happen between now and the year 2099.

Should global warming (or climate change, or whatever they decide to call it by then) continue, crime will increase — specifically, violent crime. By how much?

“[A]n additional 22,000 murders, 180,000 cases of rape, 1.2 million aggravated assaults, 2.3 million simple assaults, 260,000 robberies, 1.3 million burglaries, 2.2 million cases of larceny, and 580,000 cases of vehicle theft in the U.S.,” the study said.

This, despite the fact that even as environmentalists claim global warming has occurred, violent crime rates have decreased.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/study-global-wa...
Jack D

West Mifflin, PA

#56143 Mar 1, 2014
Denver billionaire Philip Anschutz,a right wing conservative......owns and operates the Washington Examiner.
When Anschutz started the Examiner in its daily newspaper format, he envisioned creating a conservative competitor to The Washington Post. According to Politico, "When it came to the editorial page, Anschutz’s instructions were explicit — he 'wanted nothing but conservative columns and conservative op-ed writers,' said one former employee." The Examiner's conservative writers include Byron York (National Review), Michael Barone (American Enterprise Institute, Fox News Channel), and David Freddoso (National Review, author of The Case Against Barack Obama..
His newspapers backed McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012.....
So much for unbiased ,trustworthy , late breaking news .....
These figures are made up from fantasy land ,the problem is that he doesn't name who did this study which made these article even more laughable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_E...
Hardy Har Har

Townville, PA

#56144 Mar 1, 2014
Valtron wrote:
Does anyone else on here think that Jan Brewer the lovely governor of Arizona resembles the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz?
This debunks the arguement that republican women are more attractive than Democratic women. Doesn't it?
She's the Wicked Witch of the Tea Party...in my opinion.
Her face looks like my old catchers mitt.
Valtron

West Mclean, VA

#56145 Mar 1, 2014
Hardy Har Har wrote:
<quoted text>
Her face looks like my old catchers mitt.
Haha yeah i guess she brings the averages way down for all those gorgeous republican airheads on Fox News. Also, we have the supremely gorgeous Contessa Brewer and Contessa Brewer smokes any of the Foxy dimwits.

BID DADDY

West Mifflin, PA

#56147 Mar 1, 2014
Valtron wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha yeah i guess she brings the averages way down for all those gorgeous republican airheads on Fox News. Also, we have the supremely gorgeous Contessa Brewer and Contessa Brewer smokes any of the Foxy dimwits.
Yeah I noticed that too, plus you ever notice most Republican women have stretch marks around their mouths, that's from trying to swallow it all at one time LMAO!
Paulie

West Mifflin, PA

#56148 Mar 1, 2014
Bobby Teabag wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dum dum, you don't own a boat let alone a vehicle to haul a boat. Hows that $300,000.00 dollar investment going? LOL I thought you were retiring from the military last year. You would be the first 29 year old punk to do it. LMFAO....you're still a fucktard!
whats a matter roger cant find any FAUX news propaganda to post,like all those right wing articles you used to copy and doctor up parts of it to make your lies even go further
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
what a douchebag you are
jacob

Erie, PA

#56149 Mar 1, 2014
HIllary wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?
A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.
Please know the difference between debt and surplus.
Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.
Under accrual accounting, the annual reports showed surpluses of $69.2 billion in fiscal 1998,$76.9 billion in fiscal 1999, and $46 billion for fiscal year 2000. So even if the government had been using that form of accounting the deficit would have been erased for those three years.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-a...
gain there was no budget surplus only a projected surplus which disappeared whe the dot.com bubble burst during Clinton's term. Again I ask that you don't post lies to back your party view. Thats whats wrong with politics. The liberals seem to deny the truth as if they repeat a lie often enough it will become a fact.
Factoid

Erie, PA

#56150 Mar 1, 2014
Look at all the posts marked a funny. None of them have anything funny in their post so it's odd that pothers would rate their post as funny. It's obvious that one idiot is posting under many names and then rating himself as funny. Now why would anyone do such an odd thing? Maybe because they are actuall in the minority when it comes to political views. which means the republicans have a very good chance of taking the senate, house and presidency.
full timer

West Mifflin, PA

#56152 Mar 1, 2014
Pennsylvania's unemployment rate dropped from 7.9 percent in 2012 to 7.4 percent in 2013, the lowest level in five years and a level in line with the national unemployment rate.

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics released the statewide annual figure Friday.

Thanks Barack !
Valtron

Baltimore, MD

#56153 Mar 1, 2014
Bobby Teabag wrote:
<quoted text> Unlike you I don't post lies , half-truths or doctor up articles that you copy ...edit then paste. You have been doing this for years under multiple ID's and IP addresses. You have told so many lies that it would be impossiblee to keep track of unless you do a Dan the Man....highlight click, print and file. LOL I'm still waiting for your reply about the money and especially you retiring from the military at 29. Hey dum dum, when you tell lie after lie you forget what you posted and even who you're posting as. You have been caught so many times forgetting to logout and log back in as the new poster replying to your own post it's funny. For someone to have so many ID's and post 24/7, replying to your own posts, rating your own posts 7 or 8 times it obvious you have no life. Do you still have your obsession with Marissa? LMAO.. that's so funny that when she did post she had total control of you. Well, I'm bored again so time to exit. See you later my little fuzzy warm turd.
This sounds like your describing yourself to a T...and who would know yourself better than you but you....
And now lets play everyone's Bobby again...am I Bobby? How about you are you Bobby? Bobby is omnipresent in your warped mind, isn't he? Wouldn't it be funny if there isn't any Bobbys?
Multiple ID's and various IP addresses is unundeniable evidence and a dead give away for a super-sleuth like yourself...you must be one of those superbeings that we've all been hearing so much about, a true genetic mutation.
Harry Reids Desperation

Scranton, PA

#56154 Mar 1, 2014
Real people with real problems refute Reid's claim ObamaCare 'horror stories' untrue
March 01, 2014

Despite Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's claim earlier this week that ObamaCare "horror stories" weren't true, there are plenty of real people out there with real problems.

Reid managed to ignite a firestorm when he accused those who complain about canceled policies and higher rates under ObamaCare of flat-out lying.

"There's plenty of horror stories being told,” he said.“All of them are untrue, but they're being told all over America."
Tom Gialanella of Seattle says he got a letter last fall canceling his old policy and laying out details of his ObamaCare option.

"My premiums would increase approximately 61 percent,"he says. I went from $891 a month to $1437 a month and also my deductibles all doubled."

Jeff and Victoria Haidet of North Carolina had been in a high risk pool, an expensive form of coverage for those with serious health problems, but found ObamaCare even more expensive.

"We were a little shocked to see that one come back at even higher rate than what our high risk insurance pool was. That rate came back at$950 a month for the policy, which had higher deductibles than what we had in the high risk pool," Jeff said.
Those who feel they have been misled or find themselves forced to pay more than before are hardly a rarity. Some 6.2 million had their policies canceled last fall, many pushed into more expensive plans.

The Congressional Budget Office also recently found that ObamaCare will force two of three small businesses to pay higher rates than they do now and even many Democrats talk about the need to fix the law.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/01/re...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanover should trash its recycling program (Mar '08) 3 hr RetiredRN 16
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Dec 22 toms 5,576
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov '14 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web