49,001 - 49,020 of 51,299 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#55641 Jan 18, 2014
Colin P wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush: God Told Me to Invade Iraq
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1007-...
Did Bush Say God Told Him To Go To War?
"According to Abbas, Bush said:‘God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.’"
http://spot.colorado.edu/~chernus/NewspaperCo...
BUSH: GOD TOLD ME TO GO TO WAR
Oct 07, 2005 00:00 By Ryan Parry 0 Comments Share
Share Tweet +1 Email GEORGE BUSH claims God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and create a Palestinian state.
GEORGE BUSH claims God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and create a Palestinian state.
At a meeting with Palestinian leaders he is reported as saying: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did.
"And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'...and I did."
"And now again I feel God's words coming to me 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security and get peace in the Middle East'. And by God I'm gonna do it."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bush-god...
And last but not least..........drum roll..........
George W. Bush Apologizes for Iraq War
Former U.S. President George W. Bush apologized for the Iraq War today, saying the conflict was "his biggest mistake."
In a statement released to a Texas newspaper, the 66-year-old Bush said he meant well when he sent America to war but asked the American people to forgive what in retrospect was "a clear example of poor judgement."
The admission comes on the 10th anniversary of the Iraq War, which began in 2003 and ended in 2011 with more than 36,000 American casualties and estimates of more than 100,000 civilian deaths.
http://dailycurrant.com/2013/03/20/george-bus...
Seems like FIXED news didnt get the memo on these stories !!!!
Now back to FIXED news with Bill OReilly on the Benghazi scandal !!!!!!!!!!
This is when the tea baggers change their name.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

#55642 Jan 18, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Gannett is conservative. Their online blogs are straight Planet Teabag. Just another piece of bullshit when idiot conservative pretend the media is "liberal." Nobody gives a shit what they say about themselves.
That's a pathetic defense for your embarrassingly inaccurate depiction of the Federal Times as a "Teabag" site. Not only are you laughably wrong but you appear foolish in defending your comment.

Anyone who has ever worked for the federal government in any of its branches or departments knows what an idiot you are. Federal Times is concerned with the nuts and bolts of implementing rather than advocating policy. See the difference?

Go learn how foolish you appear in defending your attribution of the Federal Times as a "Teabag" site:
http://www.federaltimes.com/

LMAO!
J Edgar

West Mifflin, PA

#55643 Jan 18, 2014
$1.1 trillion spending bill headed for White House
I thought the Republicans were against spending?? Why did they vote 4 for this bill? Look at all the earmarks in the bill....

The measure also averts a $20 billion cut for the Defense Department to leave the base budget for the government’s largest agency at $480 billion. But that amount is still $31 billion, or almost 6 percent, below the Pentagon’s original request for 2014, consultant Jim McAleese noted in an analysis.

During the debate preceding the bill’s passage, lawmakers on both sides acknowledged that the measure could be better, but also lauded their ability to reach a deal after years of resorting to crisis-driven continuing resolutions.

Since Obama took office in 2009, lawmakers have passed 20 CRs, said Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama, the top Republican on the appropriations committee. When adjusted for inflation, Shelby said, the package sets a level of discretionary spending below the threshold of a decade ago.

Looky here:

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20140116/...
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

#55644 Jan 18, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was - literally - the First National Bank of China. But he emptied our treasury first. Same with his unfunded tax cuts for billionaires.
Most who are 'educated,' as you've claimed to be, know the meaning of "literally."

The First National Blank of China seems not to exist. Literally.

You like typing whatever bubbles from your mind, whether or not it's true and accurate, with no regard for your own credibility.

"literally - the First National Bank of China"

LMAO!
J Edgar

West Mifflin, PA

#55646 Jan 18, 2014
Bush did nothing right.... He cut taxes really significantly, with the bulk of the tax cuts going to people at the top.…

The old Republican line is it's fine to cut taxes as long as you cut spending. But Bush increased spending significantly. He started a new entitlement program -- Medicare Part D, the prescription drug benefit. He started a very expensive war in Iraq, and even apart from the debate about whether that war was a good idea, he clearly didn't pay for the war. He didn't even put it in his budget in the main way they budgeted, so he didn't really even pretend to pay for it.

And the combination of the tax cuts, the war in Iraq, Medicare Part D and some other things meant that he essentially did not run the government as if it needed to make its payments over the long term. He ran it as if it was fine to have a huge deficit.

I think it is hard to take much positive out of the Bush economic legacy.
I take essentially nothing positive from his administration.

To me the most disappointing thing about it is that he came into office with some pretty important ideas about reforming the economy, and he really didn't follow any of them. He appointed this tax commission in 2005 to talk about tax reform, and they came out with this really thoughtful report. It was a bipartisan commission; it was run by Republicans but it had Democrats on it, and it came out with all these thoughtful ideas for reforming the tax code to make it simple, to get rid of some deductions, to lower rates. He showed no interest in it. He put none of his political capital behind it. He instead decided to push this idea of privatizing Social Security or privatizing parts of Social Security, which went nowhere.

Those damn Obama phones are breaking the bank!

Ok all you donkeys can jump on Obama now for spending wrecklessly......
J Edgar

West Mifflin, PA

#55647 Jan 18, 2014
How the US public was defrauded by the hidden cost of the Iraq warGeorge Bush sold the war as quick and cheap; it was long and costly. Even now, the US is paying billions to private contractors

When the US invaded Iraq in March 2003, the Bush administration estimated that it would cost $50-60bn to overthrow Saddam Hussein and establish a functioning government. This estimate was catastrophically wrong: the war in Iraq has cost $823.2bn between 2003 and 2011. Some estimates suggesting that it may eventually cost as much as $3.7tn when factoring in the long-term costs of caring for the wounded and the families of those killed.

The most striking fact about the cost of the war in Iraq has been the extent to which it has been kept "off the books" of the government's ledgers and hidden from the American people. This was done by design. A fundamental assumption of the Bush administration's approach to the war was that it was only politically sustainable if it was portrayed as near-costless to the American public and to key constituencies in Washington. The dirty little secret of the Iraq war – one that both Bush and the war hawks in the Democratic party knew, but would never admit – was that the American people would only support a war to get rid of Saddam Hussein if they could be assured that they would pay almost nothing for it.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013...
J Edgar

West Mifflin, PA

#55648 Jan 18, 2014
If Donald Rumsfeld hadn't pitched the post-invasion plan in the waste bucket and Paul Bremner hadn't sacked those functionaries with even tenuous connections to the previous regime, there's a fair chance this might not have happened. But hey - why let the painstaking business of nation building get in the way of a 'shock and awe' invasion with big bangs?

#55649 Jan 18, 2014
LaughingAtYou wrote:
<quoted text>
Most who are 'educated,' as you've claimed to be, know the meaning of "literally."
The First National Blank of China seems not to exist. Literally.
You like typing whatever bubbles from your mind, whether or not it's true and accurate, with no regard for your own credibility.
"literally - the First National Bank of China"
LMAO!
It was sarcasm. Are you this confused with everything, or just when you and your ignorant political views are laughed at?

You should be used to it. It's been 13 years since you dumbasses have done anything but make people laugh. Over 13 years - not a single accomplishment, countless failures and catastrophes, no ideas and not one thing for the man who works and 8-hour day for 8 hours pay. Blocked 22 separate jobs bills, but bitch about jobs. Over 45 failed votes to repeal the ACA. Legitimate rape. Denial of facts and science. Failed again to legislate vaginas. Lost 5 out of the last 6 national elections going back over two decades. Inventing imaginary problems to keep black people from voting. Michelle Bachman. Sarah Palin. Admitted international war criminals. Rick Perry. Santorum.

Give up. The last thing you want to do is debate with anyone who's been accepted at a 4-year college. Not that it's a great accomplishment, but anyone who reads at an 8th grade level doesn't have to work hard to turn you and the policies you defend into just another joke.
BO STINKS

Louisville, KY

#55650 Jan 18, 2014
What a blunt headed response.........
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It was sarcasm. Are you this confused with everything, or just when you and your ignorant political views are laughed at?
You should be used to it. It's been 13 years since you dumbasses have done anything but make people laugh. Over 13 years - not a single accomplishment, countless failures and catastrophes, no ideas and not one thing for the man who works and 8-hour day for 8 hours pay. Blocked 22 separate jobs bills, but bitch about jobs. Over 45 failed votes to repeal the ACA. Legitimate rape. Denial of facts and science. Failed again to legislate vaginas. Lost 5 out of the last 6 national elections going back over two decades. Inventing imaginary problems to keep black people from voting. Michelle Bachman. Sarah Palin. Admitted international war criminals. Rick Perry. Santorum.
Give up. The last thing you want to do is debate with anyone who's been accepted at a 4-year college. Not that it's a great accomplishment, but anyone who reads at an 8th grade level doesn't have to work hard to turn you and the policies you defend into just another joke.
Lone Ranger

Houston, TX

#55651 Jan 18, 2014
Real simple, if you want LOW TAXES, JOBS, BUSINESS TO FLOURISH, PROPERTY RIGHTS AND YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS vote CORBETT.
If you want WELFARE, HIGH TAXES, AND FEWER JOBS vote for any DEMOCRAT.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

#55652 Jan 18, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It was sarcasm.
The last thing you want to do is debate with anyone who's been accepted at a 4-year college.
"It was sarcasm." A pathetic retreat from your uneducated misuse of the word 'literally.'

You've confused having "been accepted at a 4-year college"--quite a rarity--with being educated.

LMAO!
Ed Swindell

West Mifflin, PA

#55653 Jan 18, 2014
Lone Ranger wrote:
Real simple, if you want LOW TAXES, JOBS, BUSINESS TO FLOURISH, PROPERTY RIGHTS AND YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS vote CORBETT.
If you want WELFARE, HIGH TAXES, AND FEWER JOBS vote for any DEMOCRAT.
Didnt Corbett just tack on another 9 cents per gallon tax increase ??? Then another 9 cents per gallon in 2015, then another 12 cents per gallon in 2016? And no drilling tax from his campaign contributors by Marcellus Fracking? LOL!
What low taxes? LMAO!
odd balls

West Mifflin, PA

#55654 Jan 18, 2014
Rick Santorum's wife used to work for an abortion doctor..guess that was OK? LMAO! Yes you can google it if you wish. Since Rick is against any abortion even in a rape case..... God talked to him too... Then his kids are paid from Pa taxes to attend cyber school years ago when he actually lived in Virginia and had a shack in Pa in his name just to keep his senate seat back then........and to keep his voting rights and got hammered in his last Senate run.......and you wonder why he lost, why are all the religious nuts crooks and theives? This guy scares me...... he's a male Sarah Palin..........
odd balls

West Mifflin, PA

#55655 Jan 18, 2014
Karen Santorum's Impure Youth

Rick and Karen Santorum really take the cake in the "do as I say, not as I do" department. Building on earlier revelations that the Santorums themselves considered abortion for health reasons while Rick Santorum worked diligently to deny that right to others is the new revelation that Karen Santorum spent most of her 20s living with her much-older boyfriend out of wedlock. Oh yeah, and that boyfriend was an outspoken abortion provider, the kind of person her husband would very much like to throw in jail.

read more here:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/01/...

#55656 Jan 18, 2014
LaughingAtYou wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was sarcasm." A pathetic retreat from your uneducated misuse of the word 'literally.'
You've confused having "been accepted at a 4-year college"--quite a rarity--with being educated.
LMAO!

I were a dumb tea bagger, I wouldn't argue the points either.
odd balls

West Mifflin, PA

#55657 Jan 18, 2014
Santorum’s children went to a cyber charter school
By Valerie Strauss
Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has said some pretty provocative things about public education on the campaign trail recently, declaring that it is not the job of government to educate children but rather the responsibility of parents.

That didn’t stop him from enrolling his children for a time in a Pennsylvania cyber charter school and insisting that taxpayers there pay for it, even though his children lived primarily in another state.

Earlier this month, Santorum told the Ohio Christian Alliance that if he becomes president, he would homeschool his children in the White House. He has homeschooled in the past.

“Most presidents homeschooled their children in the White House.… Parents educated their children because it was their responsibility,” he said.

Santorum’s antipathy toward government involvement in public education conflicts with his vote a decade to approve No Child Left Behind, the law that inserted the federal government strongly into the daily workings of public schools. He has said recently that his vote for NCLB was a mistake.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sh...

#55658 Jan 18, 2014
*If
odd balls

West Mifflin, PA

#55659 Jan 18, 2014
Rick Santorum Knocks Government Role For Schools But Took Tax Dollars For His Kids' Home Schooling

WASHINGTON -- As he presses for the conservative votes he needs to overtake GOP presidential front-runner Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum is hammering away at the role state and federal governments play in running schools.

Santorum plays up how he and his wife have home-schooled their seven children and says parents should be the ones responsible for educating their kids.

Yet back when Santorum was a senator from Pennsylvania, he got a Pittsburgh-area school district to help pay tens of thousands of dollars in tuition for his children to receive online schooling.

It's a bit of history that's unknown to many voters outside Pennsylvania as the Republican nomination race closes in on the 10 Super Tuesday contests next week.

Santorum says he wants to curtail dramatically the power of states and the federal government in public education.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/rick...
odd balls

West Mifflin, PA

#55660 Jan 18, 2014
Why is Rick Santorum spending your tax dollars on his family?

read more here:

http://santorumexposed.com/pages/issues/issue...
tax scammer

West Mifflin, PA

#55661 Jan 18, 2014
But wait a minute – it turns out Rick Santorum, his wife, and their children don’t actually live in Penn Hills...in Allegheny County...or even in Pennsylvania. They actually live in a big house he owns in Leesburg, Virginia.

Sure, Santorum is registered to vote in Pennsylvania, in Penn Hills, and both his driver’s license and his car registration are at that address. But the Santorums really live in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Leesburg, Virginia. The only people who live in that two-bedroom house in Penn Hills are Santorum’s niece, Alyssa DeLuca and her husband.

After this nice little “arrangement” came to light, Santorum told KDKA Radio that his niece lives in and “looks after” the Penn Hills house when he’s not there. He also admitted that when he goes to Pennsylvania, he and most of the family usually stay somewhere else -- with his in-laws -- while his niece and her husband keep “watching” the house:

“We have a nice arrangement there. It works out well. Candidly, we just sort of work it out. Sometimes, a couple of my kids stay over there [with the niece and her husband]. We get to stay at grandma’s house, and a couple of kids go over and stay with their cousin. To me, that’s a family situation. I don’t know what people’s business that is, to be very honest with you. The fact is, I own a home, pay taxes, reside here, go to jury duty. To me, this is much ado about nothing

http://santorumexposed.com/pages/issues/issue...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 16 hr Ssl 5,426
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 18 hr Knows he lost 3,921
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••