Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,423)

Showing posts 48,441 - 48,460 of51,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Inside the Fox News lie machine: I fact-checked Sean Hannity on Obamacare
UPDATE I re-reported a Fox News segment on Obamacare -- it was appallingly easy to see how it misleads the audience

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening.“Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced,“and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.

As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.

“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected.

But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.

I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.

First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce?“Well,” he said,“I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.

There is only one Obamacare requirement that applies to a company of this size: workers must be notified of the existence of the “healthcare.gov” website, the insurance exchange. That’s all.

Take a peek here: HEE! HEE!

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fo...
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

How one smart reporter debunked the Hannity/Fox News lie machine

Sean Hannity has been following the Ted Cruz "Obamacare is ruining all our lives" on his Fox show, reinforcing the baseless belief in most Fox viewers that the law is somehow going to throw them to the health insurance wolves. That's despite the fact that the Fox demographic is pretty much all on Medicare. But Fox exists to reinforce Republican lies, so that's what they've been doing. Salon's Eric Stern happened to catch Hannity in the act, featuring four couples who swore they had been hurt by Obamacare, and decided to do a little fact checking. Debunking Hannity turned out to be "appallingly easy" for Stern when he conducted follow up interviews Hannity's guests.
First up was Paul Cox of Leicester, North Carolina, and his wife Michelle. They told Hannity that they have had to cut the hours of their employees in their construction business because they couldn't afford to insure them.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce?“Well,” he said,“I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.

Tune into FIXED news for the most trusted, unbiased,late breaking news !!!!!
HAAA!!!!!!!!!

read more lies here:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/18/1248... #
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Fox Has Absolutely NO Journalistic Ethics, And Here’s A LONG List Of Their Lies (VIDEOS)

It’s pretty well-known among those of us not sipping the Kool-Aid/tea combination that Fox News is an arm of the Republican Party, and with that goal in mind they willfully spread propaganda and misinformation every opportunity they get, provided it benefits conservative political ideology.

Click here for more videos:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/04/07/fox-h...
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

10 Examples Of Sean Hannity Saying Things That Aren't True

Click here for more lies from the Nazi news station!

More lies here:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/02/28/1...
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

October 19, 2013, 1:02 pm Lies, Damned Lies, and Fox News
The other day Sean Hannity featured some Real Americans telling tales of how they have been hurt by Obamacare. So Eric Stern, who used to work for Brian Schweitzer, had a bright idea: he actually called Hannity’s guests, to get the details.

Sure enough, the businessman who claimed that Obamacare was driving up his costs, forcing him to lay off workers, only has four employees — meaning that Obamacare has no effect whatsoever on his business. The two families complaining about soaring premiums haven’t actually checked out what’s on offer, and Stern estimates that they would in fact see major savings.

You have to wonder about the mindset of people who go on national TV to complain about how they’re suffering from a program based on nothing but what they think they heard somewhere. You might also wonder about what kind of alleged news show features such people without any check on their bona fides. But then again, consider the network.

Read more here:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/19/l...
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Survey: NPR’s listeners best-informed, Fox viewers worst-informed

People who watch no news at all can answer more questions about international current events than people who watch cable news, a survey by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind finds.

NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative news outlets, while exposure to partisan sources, such as Fox News and MSNBC, has a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge.

People who watch MSNBC and CNN exclusively can answer more questions about domestic events than people who watch no news at all. People who only watch Fox did much worse. NPR listeners answered more questions correctly than people in any other category.

The survey of 1185 random people conducted by landline and cell phone in early February follows a similar poll FDU conducted last November, which surveyed only New Jersey residents and returned similar results.

Each respondent was asked four of eight questions, which are at the bottom of this post.“On average, people were able to answer correctly 1.8 of 4 questions about international news, and 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs,” the report says. Here’s the breakdown by viewing habits

Read more here:

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...

FIXED NEWS..........The most trusted,unbiased, up to the minute news channell//////////HAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Study Finds Fox News Viewers Least Informed Of All Viewers

Another study has concluded that people who only watch Fox News are less informed than all other news consumers.

Researchers at Fairleigh Dickinson University updated a study they had conducted in late 2011. That study only sampled respondents from New Jersey, where the university is located. This time, the researchers conducted a nationwide poll.

The poll asked questions about international news (Iran, Egypt, Syria and Greece were included) and domestic affairs (Republican primaries, Congress, unemployment and the Keystone XL pipeline.)

The pollsters found that people were usually able to answer 1.8 out of 4 questions on foreign news, and 1.6 of 5 questions on domestic news, and that people who don't watch any news were able to get 1.22 of the questions on domestic policy right.

As the study explained, though, people who watched only Fox News fared worse

Looky here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/fox-...

The Rush Limbaugh nut juice guzzlers actually believe the Nazi FIXED NEWS station......

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
The AntiChrist Hunter

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Irelands own wrote:
I see stupid people......they're everyhere.....they walk around like everyone else......they don't even know they are stupid....
I see them too...they're called democrats!!
I wonder when Obama and the democrats are going to start blaming Bush for the Obamacare mess?
That's because you're about as dumb as they come. You're small pea size brain can't really understand anything at all
Bush didn't have a healthcare plan....just let them eat pre-existing conditions and ever rising premiums and co-pays, etc.
You're are really too dumb to try to explain anything too let alone something like Obamacare...
Your ignorance keeps you pacified just keep sucking the Fox News pacifier....suck suck suck on that Hannity nipple.....ewwwwey
R Limpdick

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Chrissy Matthews wrote:
LIBERAL ARGUMENT PLAYBOOK
Use these tactics when debating an informed conservative
1. Ignore facts that hurt your position.....when that doesn't work....
2. Say it's Bush's fault...when that doesn't work.....
3. Call them a racist and than run away!
LIBERAL ARGUMENT PLAYBOOK
Use these tactics when debating an informed conservative

1. Ignore facts that hurt your position.....when that doesn't work....

2. Say it's Bush's fault...when that doesn't work.....

3. Call them a racist and than run away!

Republican Playbook

1. Pick out 2 losers to take on Obama in 2 elections and both get wiped out like shit on a toilet seat.

2. Listen to Fox news and think it's a close presidential race

3. Keep guzzling the Rush Limbaugh Nazi nut juice ..slurp ! slurp !

4. If all else fails try to block Obamacare 43 times and spend over 65 million and still cant repeal it..

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! !!!
R Limpdick

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945): Healthcare Is a Right

In his 1944 address, FDR announced "...a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all regardless of station, race, or creed." Among these rights he included employment, housing, and good education. He also spoke of "the right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health." Public health had been a major federal effort since Theodore Roosevelt's administration, but with this proposal FDR became the first president to explicitly suggest that medical care itself was a right for each American and should be addressed by the federal government.

Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961): Establishes the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare

Dwight Eisenhower continued to advocate for a more comprehensive national plan for healthcare. In his 1956 State of the Union address, he said, "We must aid in cushioning the heavy and rising costs of illness and hospitalization to individuals and families. Provision should be made, by Federal reinsurance or otherwise, to foster extension of voluntary health insurance coverage to many more persons, especially older persons and those in rural areas. Plans should be evolved to improve protection against the costs of prolonged or severe illness. These measures will help reduce the dollar barrier between many Americans and the benefits of modern medical care." Although such efforts failed to materialize over the course of Eisenhower's time in office, he strengthened the US Food and Drug Administration and increased funds for medical research.

Richard M. Nixon (1969-1974): An Unexpected Reformer

Although not known for a stand on healthcare reform, in his 1971 address, Richard Nixon, a Republican, proposed major reforms that are echoed in today's Affordable Care Act, including the following:

• A program to ensure that no American family will be prevented from obtaining basic medical care by inability to pay;

• A major increase in aid to medical schools;

• Incentives to improve the delivery of health services, particularly in low-resource areas;

• Greater use of medical assistants;

• New programs to encourage better preventive medicine;

• Incentives to doctors "to keep people well rather than just to treat them when they are sick"; and

• An additional $100 million to find a cure for cancer.

During his address he asserted, "America has long been the wealthiest nation in the world. Now it is time we became the healthiest nation in the world."

http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/so...
R Limpdick

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

George H. W. Bush (1989-1993): Re-Engages the Healthcare Reform Battle

The elder George Bush mentioned healthcare as a problem in 2 of his early speeches, and he tackled the issue in more detail in his last address, which was in 1992. Recognizing the need for reform, he said that there were 2 options: implementing a national healthcare system, which he opposed, or providing insurance security for everyone while preserving choice. To accomplish this, he proposed to make basic health insurance affordable for all low-income persons who were not currently covered by providing a health insurance tax credit of up to $3750 for each family, and to ensure that all Americans had access to basic health insurance even if they changed jobs or developed serious health problems.

Gerald R. Ford (1974-1977): Confronts the Growing Costs of Healthcare

Gerald Ford, who inherited the presidency after Nixon's resignation, wrestled with the problems of illness and individual financial hardship in the face of rising healthcare costs, not only for patients but for the nation as well. In his 1976 address, Ford sought to deal with these issues by proposing "catastrophic health insurance for everybody covered by Medicare." To finance it, he suggested raising fees for short-term care and lowering costs for senior citizens: "[N]obody after reaching age 65 will have to pay more than $500 a year for covered hospital or nursing home care, nor more than $250 for 1 year's doctor bills." But Ford also made clear in his speech that he did not support a national healthcare program, although he suggested that "we combine 16 existing Federal programs, including Medicaid, into a single $10 billion Federal grant. Funds would be divided among States under a new formula which provides a larger share of Federal money to those States that have a larger share of low-income families."

Ronald W. Reagan (1981-1989): Ignores Healthcare Reform and Focuses on Cost

Ronald Reagan raised the issue of healthcare in 3 of his 8 addresses, but only briefly, and mostly focused on cost cutting, without detailing any programs for extending coverage. His 1982 speech urged a need to reduce Medicare and Medicaid costs, with a focus on weeding out fraud. He also said, "I signed a bill to reduce the growth of these programs by $44 billion over the next 3 years while at the same time preserving essential services for the truly needy." In 2 other addresses, Reagan briefly acknowledged the problem of catastrophic illness but without outlining any specific ideas. In his 1983 address, he said he would "submit legislation to provide catastrophic illness insurance coverage for older Americans." And in his 1986 speech, he directed the Secretary of Health and Human Services to recommend how the private sector and government could work together to address the problems of affordable insurance for those threatened with financially catastrophic illness.

George W. Bush (2001-2009): Keeps the Healthcare Debate Alive

George W. Bush may have had his hands full with preventing terrorism and ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but he continued the discussion on healthcare in every presidential address with some very aggressive proposals. In his 2005 address, he urged Congress "to move forward on a comprehensive healthcare agenda with tax credits to help low-income workers buy insurance, a community health center in every poor county, improved information technology, association health plans for small businesses and their employees, expanded health savings accounts, and medical liability reform that will reduce healthcare costs and make sure patients have the doctors and care they need." He expanded on these ideas in later addresses and continued to push for major changes in healthcare.

http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/so...
President Sean Hannity

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

10 Examples Of

President Sean Hannity

Saying Things That Aren't True

Click here for more lies from the Nazi news station!

More lies here:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/02/28/1 ...

252 Examples of President Obama’s Lies,

Lawbreaking & Corruption

Every President, every politician, and every human being tells lies and engages in acts of hypocrisy.

But Barack Obama does these things to a far greater degree than anyone else that I have ever known of.

His campaign promises were so much better sounding than anyone else’s

– no lobbyists in his administration,

waiting five days before signing all non-emergency bills so people would have time to read them,

putting health care negotiations on C-SPAN,

reading every bill line by line to make sure money isn’t being wasted,

prosecution of Wall St. criminals,

ending raids against medical marijuana in states where it’s legal,

high levels of transparency.

Obama’s promises of these wonderful things sounded inspiring and sincere.

They sounded so much better than the promises of any other President.

So when Obama broke these promises,

it felt so much worse than when other Presidents broke their promises.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/tim-brown/25...

obummer, a five year loser
first class ignorance

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Bobby6464 wrote:
Mental medicated marissa, America does not need your first class ignorance to help put Mrs Clinton in the white house as President, poll shopping dumb ass. Your political predictions have never materialised so please stay off Hilary 2016 support group, O.K

Portland, Oregon..

Most Racist State Of The Union

http://www.topix.com/forum/portland/THUOITFVM ...
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

The AntiChrist Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're about as dumb as they come. You're small pea size brain...
Grades K-3: Contractions; you're vs your

"You're small pea size brain"

But [choose one: their, there, they're] about as dumb as they come?

LMAO!
LIBERAL PLAYBOOK

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

In spite of the media’s conspicuous silence on the matter,

it is no secret that Saul Alinsky’s manual for

“community organizers”

—Rules for Radicals—

exerted an immeasurable influence over the world’s most well recognized community organizer,

President Barack Obama.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/jack-kerwick...
The AntiChrist Hunter

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LaughingAtYou wrote:
<quoted text>
Grades K-3: Contractions; you're vs your
"You're small pea size brain"
But [choose one: their, there, they're] about as dumb as they come?
LMAO!
I see that you're not disputing the premise...

Hahaaha

Stick with one....genius spell check
Just wondering

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Bobby6464 wrote:
Mental medicated marissa, America does not need your first class ignorance to help put Mrs Clinton in the white house as President, poll shopping dumb ass. Your political predictions have never materialised so please stay off Hilary 2016 support group, O.K

Just wondering why the President of the United States would surround himself with people who are either

radicals,

communists

or closely related to communists.

Bill Ayers;

left-wing radical bomber - before he became President
Van Jones;

communist activist - when he became President
Valerie Jarrett;

series of real estate scandals, father-in-law a communist - current close confidant to the President
Eric Holder;

participated in what has been described by some as an “armed” takeover of Columbia University’s Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) office in 1970.
David Axelrod;

President Obama’s top political strategist has deep ties to the American Communist Party (CPUSA) and other leftist individuals and organizations.
Just wondering.
Is this just bad judgment on the part of the President or is this simply a true manifestation of the President's character?
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

The AntiChrist Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you're not disputing the premise...
Hahaaha
Stick with one....genius spell check
"You're are really too dumb to try to explain anything too let alone something like Obamacare..."

"You're are" "explain anything too"?

Hahaaha

You really ARE stupid!

1. You offered insults but no 'premise.' The word 'premise' confuses you. Use a dictionary.
2. A spell checker wouldn't flag [Choose one: your/you're] embarrassing grammatical error. Learn the difference.

LMAO!
Nellie

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Nobody can fix the economy.
Nobody can be trusted with their finger on the button.
Nobody's perfect.
Vote for Nobody.
Pope Bent A Dick

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

What's a teabagger ?

A whining fool shouting loudly for liberty but not willing to pay the bill.
After most American workers saw more money in their paycheck due to the lower tax rate, the teabaggers at Fox News railed against high taxes, but did not discuss how much Jesus hated hypocrisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 48,441 - 48,460 of51,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Obamas Border Crisis 3,798
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Jul 19 Pirates 5,382
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby h... (Jun '08) Jul 4 Local resident 54
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••