Obamacare Mmmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#54039 Nov 17, 2013

Obama:

'what .........we ..........said 100 times over three years was you could keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law was passed.'

(it got me re elected heh,heh)

I didn't say it, we said it!

It wasn't me, it was them, romney, maryland er, er, Massachusetts , george bush,er,er, IT people.....web site

Barack Hussein Obama....Mmmmm Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm
Enforce FIRREA

United States

#54043 Nov 17, 2013
We need public officials who represent American interests and support righteous chews like Ilan Pappe, Joel Kovel , Anat Kamm , Norman Finklestein, Pete Seeger , Daniel Elsberg and Sy Hersh......AND can stand up to the AIPAC fifth column and the Jonathan Pollard clones of CANNON FILMS and Wolf Blitzer zio-imperialism..........see BY WAY OF DECEPTION , Gatekeeper , FIVE BROKEN CAMERAS, attack of the theocrats and Operation Greylord......watch out for the zio-thugs in clown cars with FL tags 668 PCK , LXE 904 , AFQ B30, GOAMG , ALL99, BUJ A54 , J36 4LI , 243 PIE , 244 PIE.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

#54044 Nov 17, 2013
Enforce FIRREA wrote:
We need public officials who represent American interests and support righteous chews like Ilan Pappe, Joel Kovel , Anat Kamm , Norman Finklestein, Pete Seeger , Daniel Elsberg and Sy Hersh......AND can stand up to the AIPAC fifth column and the Jonathan Pollard clones of CANNON FILMS and Wolf Blitzer zio-imperialism..........see BY WAY OF DECEPTION , Gatekeeper , FIVE BROKEN CAMERAS, attack of the theocrats and Operation Greylord......watch out for the zio-thugs in clown cars with FL tags 668 PCK , LXE 904 , AFQ B30, GOAMG , ALL99, BUJ A54 , J36 4LI , 243 PIE , 244 PIE.
Bobbie? Is that you?
just me

United States

#54046 Nov 17, 2013
Guns Feed Families wrote:
My God.......all you care about is guns??? No wonder this country is going to Hell fast!!! Never knew God or Jesus was into guns! Glad to see everyone has their priorities straight! You do know that you have a much better chance of being killed by or killing a loved one when there is a gun in the house, than you do in stopping the boogieman don't you? I'm sure that most of you would soil yourselves right before you were killed (while failing to ever actually get your gun) if you ever had to exercise your so-called second amendment rights to protect yourselves. Remember, Freud (and others) would say that men try to compensate for short comings in other areas (you know what I mean) with guns! Oh, and yes, by all means shooting defenseless animals makes you a man too!
Guns???? That's what you care about???? God help you & God help the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!
you are a complete tool with absolutely no.understanding of the 2nd amendment. It has nothing to do with hunting. It was put into place to protect the people from a tyrranical govt. Secondly hunting us a necessary thing to control animal population.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#54047 Nov 17, 2013
I'm not sure yet...what are my choices?

Location hidden

#54051 Nov 18, 2013
The Kenyan wrote:
<quoted text>NONE!
If I have no choices, then why make this thread! You are stupid!
Barack O

West Mifflin, PA

#54052 Nov 18, 2013
get off the internet azzhole LOL!

Location hidden

#54053 Nov 18, 2013
Grow up!

Location hidden

#54054 Nov 18, 2013
Barack O wrote:
get off the internet azzhole LOL!
Quit following me around, stalker!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#54057 Nov 18, 2013
How we got Obamacare to work

By Jay Inslee, governor of Washington. Steve Beshear, governor of Kentucky and Dannel P. Malloy, governor of Connecticut.

In our states — Washington, Kentucky and Connecticut — the Affordable Care Act, or “Obamacare,” is working. Tens of thousands of our residents have enrolled in affordable health-care coverage. Many of them could not get insurance before the law was enacted.

People keep asking us why our states have been successful. Here’s a hint: It’s not about our Web sites..

Sure, having functioning Web sites for our health-care exchanges makes the job of meeting the enormous demand for affordable coverage much easier, but each of our state Web sites has had its share of technical glitches. As we have demonstrated on a near-daily basis, Web sites can continually be improved to meet consumers’ needs.

The Affordable Care Act has been successful in our states because our political and community leaders grasped the importance of expanding health-care coverage and have avoided the temptation to use health-care reform as a political football.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-we...

Location hidden

#54058 Nov 18, 2013
I’m the story Obamacare’s opponents don’t want you to hear

I’ve officially enrolled in coverage through the marketplace. It was easier than I expected — and will save me about $10,000 a year.

I just got covered under Obamacare. I already had insurance, but it was breaking my piggy bank. Now I have coverage with almost identical benefits, for less than half the price I’m paying right now.

Even better, my coverage can’t be canceled or limited if I get sick, and I could choose any plan I wanted, despite living with type 2 diabetes. That’s all thanks to the Affordable Care Act or, if you prefer, Obamacare.

http://www.eclectablog.com/2013/11/im-the-sto...

Location hidden

#54060 Nov 18, 2013
Republican Rep:‘The GOP Coalition Constitutes A Shrinking Portion Of The Electorate’

The Republican Party is at serious risk of running out of Republican voters, according to a senior GOP lawmaker.

“Republicans need to understand that their political problems are neither tactical nor transitory,” Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) said, as quoted by the Washington Post.“They are structural and demographic. The hard truth is the GOP coalition constitutes a shrinking portion of the electorate. To change that daunting reality, Republicans must appeal to groups that are currently outside their ranks or risk becoming a permanent minority.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republi...

Location hidden

#54061 Nov 18, 2013
Orlando Sentinel:

My Word: No Apologies – Obamacare Works

Detractors ridicule President Obama’s apology to people who are “losing” their health-insurance plans. He had no need to apologize to my family. We are grateful for the Affordable Care Act. As for ridicule, consider the source: Most harsh critics are the same politicians who have fought every aspect of affordable health insurance for all.

My husband and I buy our own health insurance. We’re among those who don’t enjoy employer-paid health or other coverage, and we represent only about 5 percent of the population. That’s a small number, but you wouldn’t guess that from opponents’ vitriol or the headlines and TV they command.

You see, we’ve been forced to purchase our own health insurance for several years. The deductible was enormous; the premium was often more expensive than our monthly take-home pay, particularly during a bout of joblessness. We were forced to dip into our savings. The risk of going without insurance was a gamble we could not afford to take.

So, thanks to what detractors call Obamacare, we had no choice but to go with a better plan that costs less money.

Thank you, Mr. President. God bless.

Location hidden

#54062 Nov 18, 2013
Bob Cesca:

Fact: The GOP Wants to Cancel Tens of Millions of Health Insurance Policies (That People Like)

Since 2009, the opponents of healthcare reform have successfully circulated a lengthy roster of narratives and agitprop against the policy and, eventually, the Affordable Care Act itself. You know the list.“Death panels,”“government takeover,”“failed law,”“socialized medicine,” and so forth.

The latest is that the ACA is “Obama’s Katrina,” followed by the inevitable “Obama’s Watergate” on Fox News Sunday over the weekend. Regarding the latter, I thought Benghazi, the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious and, I don’t know, Solyndra were supposed to be Obama’s Watergate(s). Sorry, folks. Repeatedly comparing every presidential scandal to Watergate will never change the reality of Nixon’s dreadful, malevolent legacy.
Barack ist der ausfall

Los Angeles, CA

#54063 Nov 18, 2013
The unaccountable president:

It’s never Obama’s fault

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/14/the-unaccou...
Barack ist der ausfall

Los Angeles, CA

#54066 Nov 18, 2013
Obama admin. not prosecuting wind farms for bird deaths

Each year 573,000 birds and 888,000 bats are killed by wind turbines in the U.S., according to an independent study published earlier this year.

The study, published in the Wildlife Society Bulletin, found that the federal government had underestimated the number of bird and bat deaths by 30 percent.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/18/obama-admin...

Location hidden

#54068 Nov 18, 2013
Jason Sattler:

SHOCKER: Obamacare Is Working Best In States That Aren’t Trying To Sabotage It

Of the 106,185 people who have completed an application for health insurance, nearly 75 percent came from 14 states and the District of Columbia that both set up their own exchanges and expanded Medicaid. Unsurprisingly, California and New York combined for the bulk of the enrollments, 51,769. But the most promising news from the Golden State wasn’t even included in this report.

Peter Lee, the executive director of Covered California, reported Wednesday that as of Tuesday, 60,000 Californians had signed up for insurance. Signups have increased to a rate of almost 2,500 enrollees per day in November. At that pace, the state could be expected to enroll 402,500 people by March 31 but Lee says that he expects to hit a goal of 500,000 to 700,000 people by then, which means he expects the pace to pick up by at least 640 people a day to over 3,000 enrollees.

Red Kentucky is the only state in the union that voted for Mitt Romney and set up its own exchange, thanks in large part to Democratic governor Steve Beshear. The state’s site signed up a total of 32,485 Kentuckians, with 5,586 enrolling in private plans, in its first month of operation. This reduces the state’s uninsured population —estimated at 640,000 — by just over 5 percent.

Location hidden

#54069 Nov 18, 2013
No, Obama Didn’t Lie To You About Your Health Care Plan

President Obama has been getting a lot of grief in the last few weeks over his pledge that with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in place, people would be able to keep their insurance if they like it. First, it is important to note that the ACA grand-fathered all the individual policies that were in place at the time the law was enacted. This means that the plans in effect at the time that President Obama was pushing the bill could still be offered even if they did not meet all the standards laid out in the ACA.

The plans being terminated because they don’t meet the minimal standards were all plans that insurers introduced after the passage of the ACA. Insurers introduced these plans knowing that they would not meet the standards that would come into effect in 2014. Insurers may not have informed their clients at the time they sold these plans that they would not be available after 2014 because they had designed a plan that did not comply with the ACA.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/15/no_obama_didn...

Location hidden

#54070 Nov 18, 2013
Queen Of Spain Blog:

We Just Enrolled In Obamacare

Yup. The entire family just ditched my husband’s employer provided health insurance* and as of January 1, 2014 we’ll be on a plan with a different insurance company. One that, unlike Aetna, decided to go after our business and compete in the marketplace.

Our old plan had deductibles, and the out-of-pocket costs were 6k for individuals and 12k per family.

This new plan from Blue Shield of California? No deductibles. Lower out-of-pocket maximums. Lower copays. Lower drug costs.

All of our doctors are in-network minus one. But that’s why I got the PPO. It’s also a 90/10 which means we pay 10% of things normally not totally covered like hospital stays and MRIs and what not.

Our old plan? 80/20 in network and 60/40 out of network. Keeping in mind just about EVERYTHING for me was out of network. After doing all the math, just to start, we’ll be saving $18,900 per year. That is without knowing if I will be hospitalized in 2014, or need surgery or any of those things. In 2013 I was hospitalized once in July and the bill is still sitting on my desk. I’ve been making payments.

If the judge from my Social Security Disability case rules in my favor, that means I’ll be eligible for Medicare as well. IF that happens, that will mean we may not have much out of pocket at all.

This makes me shake and cry. We are one of those families who have been buried in medical debt since I got sick. We’re one of those families the President talks about…the ones who are so close to losing everything because Mom got sick. We’ve re-financed our mortgage using the HARP/HAMP plans with JP Morgan Chase. It wasn’t easy or pretty, but we managed to save some money per month to keep our home.

Now we are utilizing Obamacare. And yeah, go ahead and call it Obamacare, because without the President we wouldn’t have this opportunity.

Location hidden

#54071 Nov 18, 2013
Obamacare To Save Family $18,900

In a country discouraged by last month’s health care rollout and corresponding widespread problems, Erin Kotecki Vest and her family are rejoicing. Obamacare will save them almost $19,000 each year.“When the president says no family should lose their home because someone got sick, no family should go bankrupt because somebody got sick, that is us. That is absolutely us,” she told msnbc.

In 2010 doctors diagnosed Kotecki Vest with Lupus, an autoimmune disease where the body’s immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks healthy tissue. Three days every other week she undergoes intravenous therapy, which lasts three to five hours each visit. And that, she said, is when “everything is going well.”

Additionally, she takes Rituxin, which is also administered to her intravenously every four months in two different six-hour sessions. Doctors have prescribed her Prednisone for the past three years. Complications from her diagnosis caused her to suffer from a stroke, lose her gall bladder and the majority of her colon, and undergo a hysterectomy.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/believe-it-o...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Martin Luther 4,019
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 2
bulllys at the work place. Sep 19 Petal Power 3
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sep 18 Sl of bendover 5,468
Hanover Police Force Sep 15 Jeremy 1
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Sep 4 lesson learned 8

Hanover Jobs

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance