Gerald Ford
January 1975 and March 1975 37 %

Ronald Reagan
January 1983 35%

George H.W. Bush
July 1992 29%

George W. Bush
October 2008 25%

Even with the Obamacare website ,benghazi, and the NSA obama still has a higher low approval rate then past GOP presidents!!!!!!!!!!
America deserves to fail

Lehighton, PA

#54003 Nov 15, 2013
... and that by itself proves how f'ed up America is. LOL
Lights out

West Mifflin, PA

#54004 Nov 15, 2013
"President Reagan did it (raised the debt ceiling) 18 times. George W. Bush did it seven times."

But the government never shut down!!

But the government was always shut down when Obama wanted to raise the debt ceiling 3 times thus far?

It funny how things even out in the end!

LMAO!
85 billion a month

Los Angeles, CA

#54005 Nov 15, 2013
Ronald R wrote:
Dow Jones might hit the 16,000 mark today!!
When Bush left office the Dow was 7,949.09
The Bush Stock Market Collapse
Here’s a BushToll nugget that pretty much speaks for itself. When George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at $1,342.54. The day he left office, it was $805.22, a drop of 40 percent
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fared a bit better. It dropped only 25 percent. Sadly, the tech-heavy NASDAQ shed 48 percent of its value on President Bush’s watch.
From that peak of jobs in January 2008, we lost 734,000 jobs in the first half of 2008. Between June 2008 and December of 2008, we lost another 2,897,000 jobs. That's a total of 3,631,000 jobs lost in all of 2008. I'll repeat: Total Jobs Lost in 2008: 3,631,000.
People depend on their 401k plans to retire on......
Thanks Barack!
I can finally retire since my 401K is overflowing !

Ben Bernanke's term ends in January, the Fed will likely continue its current stimulus program at full blast

-- buying $85 billion in bonds each month

-- until at least March 2014.

That means QE3 could total around

$1.6 trillion,

calculates Paul Ashworth of Capital Economics.

That's more than either of its two predecessors.

In contrast,

QE1 totaled $1.5 trillion and the second round of stimulus added up to about

$600 billion.

Thanks Barack!

My kids and grand-kids have to pay it all back but screw them.
85 billion a month

Los Angeles, CA

#54006 Nov 15, 2013
Ronald R wrote:
Dow Jones might hit the 16,000 mark today!!
When Bush left office the Dow was 7,949.09
The Bush Stock Market Collapse
Here’s a BushToll nugget that pretty much speaks for itself. When George W. Bush took office on Jan. 20, 2001, the S&P 500 stock market index stood at $1,342.54. The day he left office, it was $805.22, a drop of 40 percent
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fared a bit better. It dropped only 25 percent. Sadly, the tech-heavy NASDAQ shed 48 percent of its value on President Bush’s watch.
From that peak of jobs in January 2008, we lost 734,000 jobs in the first half of 2008. Between June 2008 and December of 2008, we lost another 2,897,000 jobs. That's a total of 3,631,000 jobs lost in all of 2008. I'll repeat: Total Jobs Lost in 2008: 3,631,000.
People depend on their 401k plans to retire on......
Thanks Barack!

In February, the Congressional Budget Office published its latest report on the "estimated impact" of the stimulus.

Although it had originally estimated the stimulus would cost $787 billion, CBO now says it will cost $831 billion.

In the second quarter of 2012, CBO estimates, somewhere between 200,000 to 1.2 million people have jobs they otherwise would not have were it not for the stimulus.

Assuming, optimistically, that the number is 1.2 million, that means each of those jobs cost taxpayers $692,500.

As time goes on, the maximum number of jobs sustained by Obama's stimulus will decline rapidly.

By the first quarter of 2013, it will sustain between 100,000 and 600,000 jobs, says CBO.

If it is 600,000, each of those jobs will have cost taxpayers $1,385,000.

By the fourth quarter of 2013, the maximum number of jobs it sustains will be 400,000 — at a cost to taxpayers of $2,077,500 per job.

It is true that Obama entered office in the midst of a deep recession.

But, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research, that recession ended in June 2009, almost four years ago.

Thanks Barack!
The money pig

Washington, DC

#54007 Nov 15, 2013
The money pig in congress needs fed, thou must bow down to the subjugators and pay your tributes!
T Cruise

West Mifflin, PA

#54008 Nov 15, 2013
Cruz lies ....

Did Obama exempt 1,200 groups, including Congress, from Obamacare?

The use of the word “exempted” is much too expansive. He gives the impression that vast segments of politically connected “groups” have been excused from the health care law when in fact he is mostly referring to a one-year waiver that was intended to make the transition to the new system easier for people with bare-bones insurance

. The issue concerning Congress is more complex, but the bottom line is that the administration’s action was intended to reduce an unintended burden, not carve out an exception.

Check it out here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
nasal texture

Alexander, ND

#54009 Nov 15, 2013
I support jack cassabaum for governor... can u believe a high school would allow this LUNATIC To interact with their children on any level n to be inducted into the PA. football hall of fame what a disgrace to the institution the guy never won any championships n encouraged heavy steroid use n actually taught dirty tactics in practice.. did any1 take notice how he surrounded himself with losers n scumbags in 2 dirty towns Lancaster city when he coached McCaskey n the dirtiest loser town in Lanc. ELIZABETHTOWN
afuncoulo tom corbet

Charleroi, PA

#54010 Nov 15, 2013
yes
Ridge Runner

Baltimore, MD

#54012 Nov 15, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Democrats Defect on Health Rules
GOP Proposal on Canceled Coverage Garners 39 Votes From Across Aisle Despite Obama Veto Threat
Nov. 15, 2013
More than three dozen House Democrats rebuffed a White House veto threat and backed a Republican plan to change the health-care law, underscoring the tensions among members of President Barack Obama's party a day after he proposed his own fix to tamp down complaints.
The Republican plan, a response to unease among millions of Americans who face cancellation of health-insurance policies that don't meet the new law's standards, would give insurers one more year to offer policies that were set to end. Unlike Mr. Obama's plan, the GOP measure would allow insurers to sell those policies to new customers.
The 39 Democrats who backed the plan set a high-water mark in Republicans' efforts to win support from across the aisle to amend or delay portions of the law.
--From The Wall Street Journal
You're the king of all defects.....
Mitch M

West Mifflin, PA

#54013 Nov 15, 2013
The only aspect of Obamacare that Republican voters dislike is the individual mandate. But I’m sure they’d feel differently if they were informed that Republicans invented the mandate. Richard Nixon, in his 1974 “Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan,” proposed to make it mandatory for businesses to provide health insurance for all full-time employees. In 1989, a document called “Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans” was drafted by Stuart Butler. In it, Butler proposed the idea of an individual mandate. I should note that Butler was a Distinguished Fellow and Director for the Center for Policy Innovation at the conservative Heritage Foundation. In the early 1990s, Republicans such as Bob Dole, Newt Gingrich, Orrin Hatch, Chuck Grassley, Richard Lugar and Alan Simpson proposed a counter-measure to Hillary Clinton’s healthcare proposal. The GOP legislation contained an individual mandate and government subsidies.

On second thought, I’d like to correct that thing I wrote about how the individual mandate is the only aspect of Obamacare that Republicans (suddenly) dislike. They mainly dislike the “Obama” part of the word “Obamacare.” And that’s the point of this little exercise. The dissatisfaction with, and outright hatred of Obamacare has little to do with the law itself. It has everything to do with the president who proposed it and who shepherded it through Congress. If that president had been named “Bush” or “Reagan” or even, heaven forbid,“McCain” or “Romney,” Republicans would be demanding,“Keep your government hands off my Dubyacare!”

What’s holding the “Obamacare” numbers down? It makes perfect sense that it’s not as popular as it should be. First, the Republicans have been engaged in a coordinated, well-financed campaign to demonize it since 2009. Secondly, as we’ve observed, the word “Obamacare” has been so thoroughly stigmatized that many (uninformed) people reject it based on the pejorative title alone. But what happens when voters are polled on various aspects of the law?

-In a 2012 poll, 80 percent of Republicans — yes, Republicans — like the idea of health insurance marketplaces, also known as “exchanges.”

-Likewise, 57 percent of Republicans like the idea of the government helping to pay the cost of premiums via insurance subsidies.

-54 percent of Republicans like the employer mandate — the same mandate which the congressioanl Republicans almost universally oppose, including Mr. Stockman.

Should I go on?

-78 percent of Republicans support the ban on denying insurance to people with pre-existing conditions.

-This one is an eye-opener. 29 percent of Republicans think Obamacare “doesn’t go far enough.”
Mitch M

West Mifflin, PA

#54014 Nov 15, 2013
It’s no secret that the most loathsome character in the extraordinarily loathsome U.S. House of Representatives is Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX). In case you’re not aware of Stockman, he’s the first term congressman from Ron Paul’s former district in Texas who invited Ted Nugent to the State of the Union and who produced a bumper sticker calling for the arming of fetuses to prevent abortions (a not-so-veiled statement about killing abortion doctors).

It’s also no secret that this week was perhaps one of the most dismal polling weeks for members of Congress. The polling has been so horrendous it led bipartisan pollsters for both NBC News and the Wall Street Journal to refer to Thursday’s numbers as “jaw-dropping.”

In spite of the harrowing numbers, including ones that suggested dog poop and hemorrhoids are better than Congress, Mr. Stockman tweeted this:

“57% of Americans oppose ObamaCare.@BarackObama and @TheDemocrats call them ‘terrorists’ and refuse to open the government.”

Let’s do the second part first. I’ve never heard the president refer to Americans as “terrorists,” and the only Americans who some congressional Democrats have compared to terrorists are the congressional Republicans. But, naturally, the House Republicans only make up around 0.00007 percent of the American population. So right there, Mr. Stockman is just making things up.

Now the first part. Mr. Stockman tweeted that 57 percent of Americans oppose Obamacare. He didn’t provide a link, so I initially didn’t know what poll he was referring to. But I looked it up and, sure enough, Stockman was right. It’s from a CNN poll released on October 1. And since Mr. Stockman seems to enjoy quoting poll numbers, let’s give him some poll numbers to tweet.

-In the same CNN poll, only 34 percent of Americans want Congress to de-fund Obamacare.

-In the latest NBC News & Wall Street Journal poll, released hours after Stockman’s tweet, the Affordable Care Act is only seen unfavorably by 43 percent of Americans — this after two weeks of filibusters, demagoguery and an amplified misinformation campaign against the law.

-Also in the NBC/WSJ poll, Stockman’s tea party has an approval rating of 21 percent. The congressional Republicans didn’t fare much better with an approval of 24 percent.

-Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), a member of Stockman’s Texas delegation, has an approval rating of 14 percent. Speaker Boehner’s approval is slightly better at 17 percent.

-Comparatively, the dreaded Obamacare law has an approval rating of 38 percent, gaining seven points from last month. In other words, Obamacare is significantly more popular than the Speaker of the House, the congressional Republicans, Ted Cruz and Stockman’s tea party caucus.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/10/the-only-th...
Mitch M

West Mifflin, PA

#54015 Nov 15, 2013
Sarah Palin in an interview with Jake Tapper expressing Very Serious Concern over the recent behavior of the pope. You know, Pope Francis, the guy who’s supposedly the holiest man on the planet. Palin is worried that he’s just becoming too liberal. As if the pope is A) in any way beholden to ugly and unsanctified conceits like politics and to taking sides in America’s stupid left-right standoff, and B) willing to give one single shit about what Sarah Palin thinks he might be doing wrong.

Seriously, this woman is a fucking idiot.

Listen, dumb-ass, I realize it’s rocking that pea-sized nugget underneath your giant bouffant ‘do that Pope Francis is behaving in a way that’s actually good, as opposed to just spouting platitudes and warnings about the need for everybody to submit to conventionalism or be damned. I get that you and your rotten ilk have hijacked the good name of Jesus and drafted him as your own personal right-wing cheerleader for so long that you forgot what Jesus really stood for. I know you’re flummoxed to the point of apoplexy by images of the pope embracing the sick and the poor, reaching out to gay people, and turning his back on hate and division — that which you thrive on — but consider this your fucking wake up call: everything he’s doing is what’s truly holy and Christ-like. You don’t like his supposedly “liberal” statements? Too fucking bad, because those statements are what being a good person is all about. You call it liberalism. He calls it being Christian.

I call it being human. I don’t even agree with the man’s belief system one iota and I still respect the things he’s done and the stances he’s taken so far since becoming pope. He’s leading by example. And best of all, if you really do recognize him as a vessel of God on this planet, his notion of what’s right and wrong carries a hell of a lot more weight than Sarah fucking Palin’s.
Ridge Runner

Baltimore, MD

#54016 Nov 15, 2013
The money pig wrote:
The money pig in congress needs fed, thou must bow down to the subjugators and pay your tributes!
Yeah Ted Cruz along with the Koch brothers are definately subjugating our democracy and the Tea Party is complicit too. Wake up you dumb fools before its too late.....kaching.
Those kooky Koch brothers are out looking for the dumbest assholes possible to fund thier coffers and get elected and ruin our democracy and yet you idiots play right into thier corrupt hands...
Nexttogo

Lancaster, PA

#54025 Nov 16, 2013

I wonder how Obama thinks it will go over if he lets insurance companies sell plans that don't have the obamacare requirements to consumers that once had those plans,but doesn't allow new customers to also buy those same plans. I guess if this happens the insurance companies could be boycotted by all consumers and take Obama out of his plan.Why do you need a law to allows all consumers to buy any plan that is for sale. The private sector will determine what they buy from whom.
Daniel

Punxsutawney, PA

#54029 Nov 16, 2013
Ted Nugent
truth

Erie, PA

#54034 Nov 17, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
For Obama, loss of trust over health-care law poses major problems for his agenda, legacy
November 13
No matter his policies or job performance, a majority of Americans have always trusted President Obama. That has now changed.
...A new Quinnipiac University poll this week found for the first time that a majority of Americans — 52 percent — say Obama is not honest or trustworthy. A Gallup poll released Wednesday showed a five-percentage-point drop since September on those same issues and a 10-point fall since the middle of last year.
Now, according to Gallup, only half the country thinks Obama is honest.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/loss-o...
-----
President Obama’s job approval
Since the troubled rollout of the government health insurance Web site, Obama’s approval ratings have slipped to the lowest point of his presidency — to about four in 10 — in a variety of public polls.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/presid...
For a politician, a 48% honesty rating is excellent. I wonder what congresses is?
Ric Flair

Trout Run, PA

#54035 Nov 17, 2013
Obama!! Whoooooooooooo!

Obamacare! Whooooo! If you don't like it, learn to love it!
Macho Man Randy Savage

Hazleton, PA

#54036 Nov 17, 2013
Snap into a Slim Jim!
rating is excellent

Los Angeles, CA

#54038 Nov 17, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>For a politician, a 48% honesty rating is excellent. I wonder what congresses is?

9%,

the best congress money can buy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Fri Pirates booty 5,495
Area Trick-or-Treat nights set (Oct '10) Fri SMH 38
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Fri vlad tepes 53
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... (Apr '14) Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs