|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Tea party ‘leader’ Dick Armey confuses Benghazi with Bangladesh

On the same day that a poll found that many Republicans did not know where Benghazi was even though they considered last year’s terrorist attack there to be the biggest scandal in American history, tea party leader Dick Armey confused the city with the country of Bangladesh.

Fox News on Monday invited Armey, who was ousted as chairman of FreedomWorks last year, to weigh in on the news that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) had improperly scrutinized tea party groups to determine if they had abused their tax-exempt status.

“You have to understand that this is a politically-mandated suppression of the expression of resistance to big government,” Armey explained.“I’m amazed that anybody would be surprised that this was happening.”

Fox News host Gregg Jarrett pointed out to Armey that the White House had insisted that it was surprised by news that the IRS was targeting tea party groups.

“I imagine that they probably don’t know any more about that than they do about Bangladesh or any number of other things,” the former House majority leader quipped.

“You mean, Benghazi,” Jarrett observed.
Ronald R

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

The tea party created an existential threat to America, not Obamacare

Let me make sure I understand. The tea party Republicans in the House and Senate have determined that the Affordable Care Act is so reprehensible, so pernicious, and so destructive of American liberties that it poses an existential risk to the republic.

That’s the only reasonable conclusion to be drawn from their most recent – and now disturbingly familiar – round of legislative warfare, which has now ended in a government shutdown. Why? Because tea party Republicans have been wielding nearly every existential weapon in their arsenal to blast the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) into legislative oblivion.

Shutting down the government. Threatening the full faith and credit of the United States. Anything it takes to force congressional Democrats and President Obama into white flag waving submission. Clearly for them, a law like this must be stopped at all costs. If it cannot be defeated initially, it must be stopped judicially. If the Supreme Court upholds it, Congress must repeal, derail, or defund it. This is not just a bad law – it is an evil one.

The problem is, it isn’t.

The existential crisis is the one that tea party Republicans are creating. This crisis is abusing the give-and-take of the political process to such a degree that both our national pride and credit are at risk in the world. It is creating such a rift in the Republican Party that we have to spend more time defending rather than celebrating Republican ideals.

If tea party Republicans want to avoid an existential threat to the republic, they should remember that their first loyalty is not to defeating the Affordable Care Act or winning the next election. Their first loyalty is to the republic.

They should remember what Benjamin Franklin said when asked what form of government the Founders gave us: A republic, if we can keep it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Is this true wrote:
More guards to stop ww2 vets in dc then Benghazi Is it true obama had the vet memorial barricaded
Of course that isn't true. You should know better than to believe anything Rand Paul says.

----------

Shutdown Leaves Skeleton Crews At Closed National Parks

BLOCK: Mr. Jarvis, there was a very public visit yesterday and again today of World War II veterans who came to the World War II Memorial, were met with barricades. They were also met by members of Congress who pushed the barricades aside and let them in to the memorial. How do you feel about that? Was that OK?

JARVIS: Well, the National Park Service has responsibilities for a number of sites that recognize the contributions of our veterans. And we want our veterans to be honored. And I think it's unfortunate that at World War II, it has been used somewhat as a political football.

But when I did the closure to all 401 national park units across the system, we did make an exception for First Amendment activities here on the National Mall. And the Honor Flights fall into that category.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
rider

Negaunee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

B Clinton wrote:
Hillary in 2016 !
no one out there, i say no one out that can beat her..not enough tea baggers and old white guys to ever win another election. HAAAAAAA!!!!
WASPs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Anglo-Saxo...
rider

Negaunee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

inferred terrorists wrote:
<quoted text>
Veterans, Protestors at ‘Shutdown’ WWII Memorial:
‘Obama Tear Down This Wall!’
( CNSNews.com )-- Veterans from World War II,
many in their 80s and 90s now,
ignored the government “shutdown,” swept past the barricades and police tape,
and visited the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. for the second day in a row on Wednesday,
and at least one attendee held a sign that called on President Barack Obama and Congress to
“Tear Down this Wall!”
- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-cha...
GOP closed that wall go f--king whine to them Vets!
rider

Negaunee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

inferred terrorists wrote:
Anarchy at Yellowstone:
‘Road Closed’ sign knocked over,
thrown aside
Yellowstone National Park has been made off limits due to the federal government shutdown.
However, that hasn’t stopped some people from actively protesting the closing of one of the country’s most famous parks.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/anarchy-at-...
I, I, I, I, I'm, I'm a warrior for the middle class.
I'm happy to fight for the middle class,"
“First Gay President”
With A Little Rainbow Halo Over His Head.
Aaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha
You are clueless
rider

Negaunee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

I Luv America wrote:
All those illegals will vote dem. all those Muslim will vote dem.
www.insider-magazine.com/christianmafia.htm&a... ;

The term “Christian Mafia” is what several Washington politicians have ...... Another troubled young man who was exposed to Christian evangelism but who ...
rider

Negaunee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

educate-yourself.org/cn/councilfornationalpol... ;

Jun 9, 2005 - The Council for National Policy (CNP)... By Barbara Aho ... was director of the racial eugenics Pioneer Fund and second CNP president) were ...
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

( CNSNews.com )- The U.S. Treasury released its last Daily Treasury Statement for fiscal 2013 yesterday afternoon, revealing that during the presidency of Barack Obama the U.S. government debt held by the public has increased 90 percent.
At the close of business on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated, the U.S. government debt held by the public was $6,307,311,000,000, according to the Daily Treasury Statement for that day.
At the close of business on Sept. 30, 2013—the last day of fiscal 2013—the Daily Treasury Statement said the U.S. government debt held by the public was $11,976,279,000,000.
The $11,976,279,000,000 in U.S. government debt held by the public on Sept. 30, 2013 was $5,668,968,000,000 more than the $6,307,311,000,000 in debt held by the public on Obama’s first inauguration day.
That is an increase of 89.879 percent—or approximately 90 percent.
The U.S. Treasury divides the U.S. government's debt into two general categories: debt held by the public and intragovernmental debt. Debt held by the public consists primarily of U.S. Treasury securities—including bills, notes and bonds—that the Treasury sells on the open market to everybody from individual families and investors to government entities in the People’s Republic of China.
Intragovernmental debt is money the Treasury has borrowed from the Social Security Trust Fund and other government sources to pay for current government expenses.
Under Obama, intragovernmental debt has increased only about 10 percent, starting at $4,319,566,000,000 on Jan. 20, 2009 and increasing to $4,761,904,000,000 by the close of business on Sept. 30, 2013.
During Obama’s presidency, intragovernmental debt has declined as a percentage of the overall debt and debt held by the public has increased as a percentage of the overall debt. This happened as surpluses in Social Security taxes (over Social Security benefits paid) have dwindled and the Treasury has been forced to borrow proportionately more money from the public rather than from Social Security to pay the government's current expenses.
On Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, 40.6 percent of the federal government's total debt was intragovernmental debt and 59.4 percent was debt held by the public. On Sept. 30, 2013, 28.4 percent of the debt was intragovernmental and 71.6 percent was debt held by the public.
- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/n...h.CBSOwdZf.dpuf
Dave Rogers

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Rand Paul says wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you proud of your black messiah?
reported
D Cheney

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

tea baggers shut down the government trying to overturn obamacare but it wont happen its the law of the land and will never get turned over the people voted mutt out and voted for obama

thats why obama won twice against the republicans.

meanwhile as people lose their life savings while the dow jones keeps going down and down with the government shutdown brought on by the tea baggers the tea baggers will keep slurping up that fox news baby gravy ans will pay the big price come 2014.

hillary in 2016 ! no tea bagger can beat her..........
Coop

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

48,000+ comments? Really? Who cares?
DAY 4

Taylorsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Well it's 4 30am and I'm off to work as usual. Looks like the only time the Feds can save any money is by closing up shop for awhile. They should do it more often.

The longer this drags out the more people will realize why the non essentials are not essential. Oooops I my mean not excepted now.
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
reported
Did I upset you when I called you welfare trash? Truth hurts doesn't it? Go get a job scumbag, I'm tired of feeding you and your halfbreed rugrats. Get your own ID.
Dave Rogers

Curwensville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Tea bag for life wrote:
Going to work. For the next 8 hrs Democrats and illegals will be the only one on this thread. Yes I love becks nut juice. Get over it.
Going to the doctor. I'm getting my meds adjusted. Get over it.
one term governor

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Evidently Gov Corbett doesnt the difference between incest and gay couples getting married, he should know that a brother and sister cant be legally married anyway,except in West Virginia and Alabama. The law is clear in all 50 states,
although non related couples can be married. Currently 32 states have legalized same sex marriage and define it as marriage.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett compared the marriage of same-sex couples to the marriage of a brother and sister during an appearance on a morning TV news show.

The Republican governor was on WHP-TV in Harrisburg speaking about gay marriage when an anchor asked about a statement his lawyers made in a recent court filing, comparing the marriage of gay couples to the marriage of children because neither can legally marry in the state.

"It was an inappropriate analogy, you know," Mr. Corbett said. "I think a much better analogy would have been brother and sister, don't you?"

"My words were not intended to offend anyone. If they did, I apologize

I dont see why the tea baggers are against gay rights, hate blacks,womens rights to abort,womens rights to have equal pay as men,hate Latinos,and wave the rebel flag in parades.

Plus shut down the government that furlough hundreds of thousands of federal employees in which some of these employees will never be called back to work.

And you wonder why the black guy beat 2 white guys in 2 presidential elections.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

DAY 4 wrote:
Well it's 4 30am and I'm off to work as usual. Looks like the only time the Feds can save any money is by closing up shop for awhile. They should do it more often.
The longer this drags out the more people will realize why the non essentials are not essential. Oooops I my mean not excepted now.
It's not saving any money.

----------

Shutdown Could Cost $300 Million a Day

By Devin Dwyer
@devindwyer
Follow on Twitter
Oct 1, 2013 6:55pm
gty federal shutdown ll 131001 16x9 608 Shutdown Could Cost $300 Million a Day

(Frederic J. Brown/AFP/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON — The government shutdown comes with a hefty price tag —$300 million per day, according the economic consulting firm IHS Global Insight.

The figure translates to about $12.5 million an hour, or roughly $1.6 billion a week, while the government is closed.
How much did the last government shutdowns of 1995-96 cost us?

The Office of Management and Budget said at the time that the 26-day combined closure had a $1.4 billion price tag — or roughly $2.1 billion in today’s dollars, according to the Pew Research Center.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/10/...
ball buster

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

$109.6B is cheaper than the trillion they blow in a year. $300M per day it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

ball buster wrote:
$109.6B is cheaper than the trillion they blow in a year.$300M per day it is.
Wow, more of those conservative critical thinking skills in action.

The $300 million per day is ON TOP OF what we'd ordinarily spend. It's how much EXTRA the shutdown is costing the nation.
one term governor

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Obviously this one term Governor has no clue!

Corbett compares gay marriage to marriage of brother and sister ??????? LMAO!

The governor's remarks seem to speak to his background as a prosecutor,

"What's missing here is a clear sense about the human, personal side [of the gay marriage issue],"

Mr. Corbett's office issued an apology and clarification.

This is how the tea baggers think, all from the same DNA LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 52 min Always Something66 5,385
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 9 hr snag 3,810
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Tue Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••