Comments
47,481 - 47,500 of 51,317 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
tea bagger bragger

West Mifflin, PA

#53190 Sep 29, 2013
Ronald Reagan Tripled the National Debt

Among the Republicans who prophesied the default doomsday scenario that almost unfolded last summer was none other than conservative patron saint, Ronald Reagan. As he warned Congress in November 1983:

"The full consequences of a default -- or even the serious prospect of default -- by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate. Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and the value of the dollar."

George W. Bush Doubled the National Debt

Following in Reagan's footsteps, George W. Bush buried the myth of Republican fiscal discipline.

Inheriting a federal budget in the black and CBO forecast for a $5.6 trillion surplus over 10 years, President George W. Bush quickly set about dismantling the progress made under Bill Clinton. Bush's $1.4 trillion tax cut in 2001, followed by a $550 billion second round in 2003, accounted for the bulk of the yawning budget deficits he produced.(It is more than a little ironic that Paul Ryan ten years ago called the tax cuts "too small" because he believed the estimated surplus Bush eviscerated would be even larger.)
tea bagger bragger

West Mifflin, PA

#53191 Sep 29, 2013
Reagan Raised Debt Ceiling 17 Times, Bush Seven

"Reagan," Vice President Dick Cheney famously declared in 2002, "proved deficits don't matter." Not, that is, unless a Democrat is in the White House.

For their part, Republicans want to pretend history began on January 20, 2009. While Texas Rep. Jeb Hensarling claimed last year that for Republicans raising the debt ceiling is "contrary to our DNA," House Minority Leader Eric Cantor protested during his party's debt ceiling hostage-taking, "I don't think the White House understands is how difficult it is for fiscal conservatives to say they're going to vote for a debt ceiling increase."

As McClatchy showed, Republicans are as bad at genetics and history as they are at economics:

The GOP's "Job Creators" Don't Create Jobs

For years, Republicans have warned that President Obama's proposal to let the Bush tax cuts expire for the top two percent of taxpayers would crush "job creators." As Speaker Boehner protested:

"The top one percent of wage earners in the United States...pay forty percent of the income taxes...The people he's [President Obama] is talking about taxing are the very people that we expect to reinvest in our economy."

If so, those expectations were sadly unmet under George W. Bush. After all, the last time the top tax rate was 39.6 percent during the Clinton administration, the United States enjoyed rising incomes, 23 million new jobs and budget surpluses. Under Bush? Not so much.

On January 9, 2009, the Republican-friendly Wall Street Journal summed it up with an article titled simply, "Bush on Jobs: the Worst Track Record on Record." (The Journal's interactive table quantifies his staggering failure relative to every post-World War II president.) The meager one million jobs created under President Bush didn't merely pale in comparison to the 23 million produced during Bill Clinton's tenure. In September 2009, the Congressional Joint Economic Committee charted Bush's job creation disaster, the worst since Hoover
Long Dong Silver

Hazleton, PA

#53192 Sep 29, 2013
why are you fagos still arguing in a 2010 topic? go do something with your life
G Bush

West Mifflin, PA

#53198 Sep 30, 2013
Poll: More Americans would blame GOP for shutdown than Obama

According to the CNN/ORC poll conducted Friday through Sunday, 46 percent say they would blame congressional Republicans for a government shutdown, with 36 percent saying the president would be more responsible and 13 percent blaming both the GOP and President Obama.

tea baggers will go down in 2014..

http://news.yahoo.com/government-shutdown-pol...
obama cares

West Mifflin, PA

#53199 Sep 30, 2013
If and I say IF the tea baggers vote down obamacare all he will do is veto it, so why are the limbaugh nut juice guzzlers wasting their time and miilions of dollars?? LMAO!
The tea baggers lost in the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections,Obama beat mccain & mutt like a renting mule,the country sent a message they dont want a tax scammer that will move 10,000 jobs over seas..LMAO!
Jim Brown

Lansdale, PA

#53201 Sep 30, 2013
Bobby Teabag wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported.
For what N**g*r?
Shaka Zulu

Lehighton, PA

#53204 Sep 30, 2013
... where be my black shoe polish ... I be losin' my mojo.
Bobby Teabag

Clearfield, PA

#53207 Sep 30, 2013
Uncle Tom wrote:
Yeah I'm racist! What are you N**g*rs going to do about it? At least I have the guts to say it, unlike the black trash who bring down society. No other nationality hides behind such a lame excuse for being unproductive.
Reported.(really)
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#53210 Sep 30, 2013
It's official, the racial hating tired worn-out pathetic tea bave have shut down the government. Take a bow tea bags.
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#53211 Sep 30, 2013
Order more limbaugh nut juice and celebrate. Tea bags best be hoping that limbaugh nut juice acts as a pain killer. The 2014 elections will be very painful for racial hating congressional tea bags, lil dumb asses
HIP HIP HOORAH

Louisville, KY

#53212 Sep 30, 2013
They weren't doing anything but running up debt, warring and plotting the NEW WORLD ORDER. The entire Congress is useless for Americans and needs to be voted out !! Say it load, SHUT IT DOWN !

..and as a side note, BO still stinks and couldn't lead a community to water.
tammy

Somerset, PA

#53213 Oct 1, 2013
Someone who will stop all the handouts for losers that like to sit on their ass and collect money and have kids.
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

#53214 Oct 1, 2013
bobby6464 wrote:
It's official, the racial hating tired worn-out pathetic tea bave have shut down the government. Take a bow tea bags.
What a shame. All because of Obamacare...the shit program Obama pushed down the throats of Americans. Even though the American people sent a clear message they don't want it (after finding out what's in it) Obama still pushed forward. Why was it a good thing when Obama delayed Obamacare but it's terrible when the republicans insisted on delaying it? Obama will negotiate with the Iran but not his own country. Must be his Muslim faith coming to the surface once again. You know, death to America...God damn America, and you idiots still worship a man because of his color.
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

#53215 Oct 1, 2013
bobby6464 wrote:
Order more limbaugh nut juice and celebrate. Tea bags best be hoping that limbaugh nut juice acts as a pain killer. The 2014 elections will be very painful for racial hating congressional tea bags, lil dumb asses
BLAH BLAH BLAH..The little round and brown racist still babbling his racist rants.
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

#53216 Oct 1, 2013
Barbara Bush wrote:
Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times.GWB raised it 7 times.No one seemed to notice at the time. I wonder why.
Apples and oranges bobby6464. Read your history, dumbass.
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#53219 Oct 1, 2013
The racial hating tea bags wanted a government shut down, worked real hard for that. They got that so mission frigging accomplished tea bags. Obama care is still the law. The American people is signing of various public exchanges today and there is not a dam thing any racial hating tea bag can do about that, as that is reality. Put down that juicy limbaugh nut juice and try to find that place called reality. Obama wins again. The tea bags will still blame president Obama as that is all they really can do, dumb asses
Ferd

Latrobe, PA

#53220 Oct 1, 2013
Vote for Renee!!
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#53223 Oct 1, 2013
The racial hating tired worn-out pathetic tea bags should be happy. They shut the government down, as the promised. What have these moronic tea baggers accomplish? That limbaugh nut juice has these racial haters seeing some political lottery. When a racial hating tea bag judges anything I post badly I will forever wear that like a badge of honor. The congressional tea bags will be caving in soon, so don't worry. America
Rush L

West Mifflin, PA

#53224 Oct 1, 2013
Government shutdown !!

Congressmen couldn't seem to agree on much except the fact that drinks were in order.

Reporters tweeted Monday night that they could smell booze on the lawmakers working to strike a last-minute spending deal on Capitol Hill:

HuffPost asked one tired-looking House lawmaker if he planned to go get a drink while the Senate took the lead on the government-funding bill for a while. He begrudgingly said no.

"I can't," he grumbled. "I have to be back in two hours."

But Capitol Hill boozing is becoming a trend. Reporters shared stories of seeing and smelling alcohol-fueled lawmakers Saturday night.

House Republicans are unwilling to fund the government without dismantling Obamacare. When that bill passed the House in 2010, Democrats did plenty of boozing themselves, much of it at The Tune Inn, a dive bar just blocks from the Capitol, but plenty of it inside the building as well.

Meanwhile, 800,000 federal workers could be furloughed if the government shuts down.

The debt ceiling has nothing to do with ACA

Another tea bagger mistake !!
They cant get enough of the Limbaugh nut juice down their throats !! LOL!
John Boner

West Mifflin, PA

#53227 Oct 1, 2013
Is John Boehner a drunk? Of course he is and he has lots of company on Capitol Hill:

Bob Ney, the former Ohio Congressman who went to jail for his role in the Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal, says Speaker of the House John Boehner is a party animal who would rather drink than govern.

Boehner says Ney is a liar.

Actually, Ney — who has been known to lie, which is one of the reasons he is an ex-con — is telling the truth in this case. Those who know Boehner best say he does tip more than a few from time to time and some of his drunken binges are poorly-kept secrets on Capitol Hill.

Each day, the email to Capitol Hill Blue is filled with stories about Boehner’s after-hours partying exploits. BURPPPPPPPPP !

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/46773

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 5 hr Tom Wolfe 163
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Pa Voter 3,939
Snyder's Lance Sun Virtual_Flesh 3
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Aug 28 Ssl 5,426
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••