dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52221 Aug 26, 2013
Pharisaical Liar wrote:
NSA reportedly bugged UN offices, hacked into video conferencing feeds
http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/25/4656798/nsa...
"But we already know to an extent that everyone is spying on everyone at all times, even at G20 summits, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2013/08...
Showhorse Ann

West Mifflin, PA

#52223 Aug 26, 2013
" I cant have illegal immigrants working at my house, I'm running for President for God's sake !"- Mitt Romney during the 2012 Republican debates......LMAO!
Showhorse Ann

West Mifflin, PA

#52224 Aug 26, 2013
Showhorse Ann wrote:
" I cant have illegal immigrants working at my house, I'm running for President for God's sake !"- Mitt Romney during the 2012 Republican debates......LMAO!
He should've said, "I'm running for office for Pete's sake! I can't agree with this extreme right wing bull shit" LMAO!

take a peek here:

dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52227 Aug 26, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
How Obamacare Makes Theft Of Your Identity More Likely
8/25/2013
It seems as if every day brings a new Obamacare disaster—missed deadlines, soaring costs, unintelligible bureaucratic requirements. Now add the risk of potential rampant identity theft to the list. Last week, the Obama Administration doled out tens of millions of dollars to “community groups” across the country, with few strings attached. These groups — and those posing as them — could gain access to consumer addresses, Social Security numbers, and medical information. It’s the President’s gift to some of his grassroots allies. And it could be a bonanza for identity thieves.
It’s all part of the so-called “navigator” program, where community groups will take to the phones, streets, and hospitals to sign people up for Obamacare. But in its rush to get this taxpayer-funded marketing scheme off the ground, the Administration left consumer privacy behind. Federal regulations governing the program don’t require these groups to do background checks to weed out criminals and would-be identity thieves. Nor do they need to be licensed, bonded, or insured– though they may choose themselves to take these steps or perform background checks[.]
Worse still, although the law passed in 2010, community groups seeking to become navigators received grants 32 business days before the new healthcare exchanges are set to open. That’s not much time to screen, hire, and train thousands of new workers before they start entering people’s personal information in insurance applications.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2013/08/...
he wants to stop healthcare for people in his State until he decides to do his job.

which is charging those criminals with crimes involving identity theft under WV law

http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/west-virgi...

" upon conviction, shall be punished by confinement in the penitentiary not more than five years, or fined not more than one thousand dollars, or both"

he could be part of the solution instead of being part of the problem.

sounds like WV can ask their AG to enforce the law.

dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52228 Aug 26, 2013
working at my house wrote:
<quoted text>
While President Barack Obama handily won the women’s vote by 11 percentage points in November over Republican nominee Mitt Romney, his administration paid the women on his payroll less than his male employees last year.
A Daily Caller analysis of the administration’s “2012 Annual Report to Congress on White House Staff” shows that while women comprised about half of the 468 staffers — as the president touted during his press conference Monday
– they also earned about 13 percent less,
on average,
than their male counterparts.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/15/obama-white...
women in the White House are paid less than men. Not less as in "less pay for the same work" but less as in "they get hired for lower paying jobs."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/10...

"When a salary analysis of the same time period is done to see how women fared when considering the entire White House staff, we find that women, on average, earned about $10,000 a year less than the men.

It is hugely important to note that this figure does not represent women being paid less for doing the same job as a male employee. The White House is not engaging in discriminatory behavior when it comes to providing equal pay to women who are doing the same job as a male counterpart."
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52230 Aug 26, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Despite backlogs, VA disability claims processors get bonuses
August 25
While veterans waited longer than ever in recent years for their wartime disability compensation, the Department of Veterans Affairs gave its workers millions of dollars in bonuses for “excellent” performances that effectively encouraged them to avoid claims that needed extra work to document veterans’ injuries, a News21 investigation has found.
In 2011, a year in which the claims backlog ballooned by 155 percent, more than two-thirds of claims processors shared $5.5 million in bonuses, according to salary data from the Office of Personnel Management.
The more complex claims were often set aside by workers so they could keep their jobs, meet performance standards or, in some cases, collect extra pay, said VA claims processors and union representatives. Those claims now make up much of the VA’s widely scrutinized disability claims backlog, defined by the agency as claims pending more than 125 days.
“At the beginning of the month .&#8201;.&#8201;. I’d try to work my really easy stuff so I could get my numbers up,” said Renee Cotter, a union steward for the Reno, Nev., local of the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE).
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
and as usual you missed

"Darin Selnick, a VA political appointee in the George W. Bush administration, called the quickly finished claims an old “sleight-of-hand trick.” Selnick said regional office directors and central office staffers misled VA leadership during the past decade with similar numbers games that disguised the problem and kicked the can down the road."

sounds like the House of representatives need to hold hearings about it.
maybe Issa can actually do something.
but if history is a judge he will fail.
why the republican led House hates veterans is always a wonder.
the Republicans claim to care about them.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52232 Aug 26, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Why Obamacare’s Death Panel Debate Won’t Die
August 14, 2013
The debate over the nefarious "death panel" is back.
Controversy over Obamacare’s Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB – the cost-controlling group derided by critics as a veiled bureaucratic cudgel to ration care – has heated up in recent weeks. Former Democratic National Committee Chairman and presidential candidate Howard Dean has called for the panel to be abolished. Dean, a physician and former Vermont governor who now advises a Washington lobbying firm, wrote in The Wall Street Journal July 28 that "getting rid of the IPAB is something Democrats and Republicans ought to agree on."
Loathed by conservatives, some Democrats and health-care providers, the panel was set up as part of the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, to suggest ways to reduce costs within Medicare. While none of the panel's recommendations are binding without Congressional review, that hasn’t quelled critics.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2013/08...
and

"On the major cost-cutting policies proposed by IPAB, Congress would have the power to accept or reject IPAB suggestions, so the popular idea that the panel would unilaterally ration care is false."

guess palin can admit she got it wrong.
Danny Jenkins

Delta, PA

#52238 Aug 27, 2013
I will support a Democrat for Pennsylvania. Never again will a vote for a Republican
Danny Jenkins

Delta, PA

#52239 Aug 27, 2013
Ron wrote:
Guns do feed families. It's called hunting. Not everybody can afford to eat at McDonalds everyday like you do. Those defenseless animals are called food.
You preachy know-it-all types are extremely annoying. Way to go.
Guns only feed a person's ego and need to kill
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

#52240 Aug 27, 2013
US strike against Syria 'as early as Thursday': NBC http://www.cnbc.com/id/100988767

Our warmonger is at it again. Obama once again bypasses Congress. Where is the outrage from our far left liberals on here? Would they be in hiding? I remember them calling President Bush a warmonger and calling for impeachment. But silence from them now.
Dave Rogers

Clearfield, PA

#52241 Aug 27, 2013
Danny Jenkins wrote:
I will support a Democrat for Pennsylvania. Never again will a vote for a Republican
Got your hands out for the freebies huh?
teabagger wars

West Mifflin, PA

#52242 Aug 27, 2013
Dave Rogers wrote:
US strike against Syria 'as early as Thursday': NBC http://www.cnbc.com/id/100988767
Our warmonger is at it again. Obama once again bypasses Congress. Where is the outrage from our far left liberals on here? Would they be in hiding? I remember them calling President Bush a warmonger and calling for impeachment. But silence from them now.
Sen. McCain: Doing Nothing in Syria Not an Option:

Doing nothing in Syria is not an option, Sen. John McCain warns.

The Republican senator from Arizona told The Hill delays in military action against Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime essentially gives it a "green light" for continued attacks in the war-torn country.

"When we do nothing, not only do they have a green light, but this gives a green light to brutal dictators all over the world they can do the same thing," McCain said

John McCain and Lindsey Graham on Syria:‘Now is the time for decisive actions’:

Concerning the issuance of a global terror threat and the closing of nearly two dozen embassies, Graham said of President Obama,“I appreciate what the administration is doing. They’re taking the right approach to this.”

Lindsey Graham compares himself to Reagan, will go to Egypt with John McCain

Take a peek here:

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/lindsey-grah...
teabagger wars

West Mifflin, PA

#52243 Aug 27, 2013
Congress has to vote to go to war..........the tea bagger Limbaugh nut juice slurpers dont like it, but they are going to go along with the President on this one...

While McCain and Lindsey criticize Obama for spending too much, the GOP has no problem spending billions to go to war.....
<crickets>
chirp

"Bomb,bomb, bomb,bomb,bomb Iran- John McCain October 8,2008
R Limpdick

West Mifflin, PA

#52244 Aug 27, 2013
Danny Jenkins wrote:
I agree...the GOP nut juice guzzlers dont believe in a woman's right to choose, they dont believe in equal pay for women, they hate gays,blacks,latinos,they want the elderly and disabled vets to die cutting off the benefits they deserve. talk about death panels, they are all for it. thats why they got creamed in the last 2 presidential elections. the american people spoke and they will speak again when hillary wins in 2016.........LMAO!
the gop and teabaggers are lost in the 50's.......LOL!
Gay Rights

West Mifflin, PA

#52245 Aug 27, 2013
Lindsey Graham:‘Too much DC for SC’ says CCU Chairman Bruce Carroll:

The movement against South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham continues to grow as more candidates throw their hat in the ring to defeat Lindsey Graham.

Lindsey Graham Missing Milk Carton
Image/CCU
Their is also a grassroots campaign, DefeatLindseyGraham, which has been established to help remove the “not-so-conservative” Graham with a true small government conservative.

Carolina Conservative Union Chairman, Bruce Carroll, joined us this past Saturday on Dispatch Radio (Listen below) to talk about the Senator and the problems with his voting record and views on major issues of the day.

In addition, Carroll gave his perspective on the Graham challengers and the “word on the ground” in South Carolina saying that people are really “ticked off at him” and that he is in real

Take a peek here:

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/lindsey-grah...
J McCain

West Mifflin, PA

#52249 Aug 27, 2013
yes obama is a great divider......

look at the votes he divided between him and Robme

332 electoral votes for Obama 65,917,257
206 electoral votes for Robme 60,932,235

Now that's a BIG divide!
LMAO!@
Bozo

West Mifflin, PA

#52250 Aug 27, 2013
vaginal discharge wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetters
Politically Liberal, a guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetter is often beyond liberal and nearly to the point of irrationality.
Typically the guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetter believes that a free ride can be provided to everyone, regardless of their motivation to work, create, innovate or to even wipe their own ass without help from the government.
Usually these guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetters love to "Help the poor" but always using resources obtained from others.
Statistically proven to give less of their own income to charity than the average conservatives.
Often white, often college educated and usually feels a misplaced sense of guilt at their own existence.
Normally dislikes the United States or any other place/people associated with freedom of thought, free markets or that horrid capitalistic system established in the Western World.
keep paying your taxes clown the welfare people thank you LMAO!
Lindsey G

West Mifflin, PA

#52251 Aug 27, 2013
well if the 47% of moochers voted for obama how did he get to winning the election by over 51%.....LMAO!

The 2012 presidential election has obviously come and gone, but before we move on entirely, there's a little tidbit of statistical trivia that struck me as interesting -- and chart worthy.

Bloomberg reports today that, thanks to some provisional ballots that have now been counted in New York City, President Obama's popular-vote total is up to 51.06%. That wouldn't be especially interesting, were it not for the fact that Obama is the first presidential candidate since Dwight Eisenhower to top 51% twice.

In fact, in American history, this is a feat that's only been pulled off by six presidents: Andrew Jackson, Ulysses S. Grant, William McKinley, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and now, Barack Obama.

In case you're wondering if Reagan made the cut, he came close, but ended up with 50.7% in 1980

LMAO!
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52252 Aug 27, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Fox News Poll: Phony scandals? Not to voters
August 08, 2013
Benghazi. Snooping on reporters. The IRS and NSA. The White House dismisses them as phony and fake scandals. Americans do not.
A Fox News national poll released Thursday finds that 78 percent of voters think the questions over the administration’s handling of the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi should be taken seriously. Just 17 percent call it a phony scandal.
The attack, on the anniversary of September 11, killed four Americans -- including the U.S. ambassador.
Meanwhile, 69 percent of voters say the National Security Agency’s electronic surveillance of everyday Americans is serious, while 26 percent call that a fake scandal.
By a margin of 59-31 percent, voters are also more likely to view the seizure of reporters’ phone records by the Justice Department as serious rather than phony.
And while the White House sees a Congressional investigation of the IRS targeting of conservative groups as a “distraction,” 59 percent of voters take it seriously. Some 33 percent agree with the administration that it’s fake.
In each of the four situations, voters across the partisan spectrum -- Republicans, independents and Democrats -- are more likely to say the situation should be taken seriously.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/08/fo...
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/...

"there's no doubt about how mad Republicans are about Benghazi. 41% say they consider this to be the biggest political scandal in American history to only 43% who disagree with that sentiment."

"One interesting thing about the voters who think Benghazi is the biggest political scandal in American history is that 39% of them don't actually know where it is. 10% think it's in Egypt, 9% in Iran, 6% in Cuba, 5% in Syria, 4% in Iraq, and 1% each in North Korea and Liberia with 4% not willing to venture a guess."
C Christie

West Mifflin, PA

#52253 Aug 27, 2013
there just isnt enuff tea baggers and old white guys to vote for a republican president again...unless they embrace the blacks,gays,womens rights, womens equal pay, latinos, the elderly and disabled vets and immigrants.......
there is no one out there that can beat hillary in 2016,not one!
<crickets>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sat Oh well 5,575
pump it powder (Jan '12) Dec 15 askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web