Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,334)

Showing posts 46,661 - 46,680 of51,295
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50623
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

America deserves to fail wrote:
Many other people are finding out they’re losing their plans as well due to Obamacare, from part-time employees to spouses. In fact, the CBO projected this year a total of 7 million people will lose their employment-based coverage, almost double its original estimation.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/32513/obama...
Lookie, lookie, lookie ... LOL!
... and if you like your insurance, you will be able to keep it. LOL
What did the CBO really say?

"Since employer-provided health care insurance is not taxable, the CBO's theory is that the benefits aren't as valuable when tax rates are lower, said James Klein, president of the American Benefits Council, a trade association for large employers. So some workers -- particularly lower-income folks -- may find it more desirable to forgo their employer's coverage and seek insurance in the exchanges, where they may be eligible for a subsidy."

Hmmmm ... workers may CHOOSE to seek better, more affordable coverage on the exchanges.

So how is finding a better deal somewhere else a BAD thing?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50624
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The BHO Legacy wrote:
7 Ways Businesses Can Dodge Obamacare
The countdown to Obamacare implementation is on. And owners of businesses with 50 or more employees have begun making some tough decisions on ways to minimize their long-term costs.
That’s because under the law, businesses with at least 50 “full-time equivalent” employees have to provide health care to their workers or pay a penalty. Recent surveys indicate that many small-and medium-sized businesses are restricting hiring and cutting hours to get under that threshold.
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/0...
LOL! Employers who unwisely focus on short-term gain at the expense of long-term growth may do that. But what they're really doing is voluntarily handicapping their businesses in order to save a couple of bucks short-term. That's just selfishly stupid.

And how many companies could potentially do this? YOUR linked article says, "more than 96 percent of firms with 50 or more employees already offer health insurance to their workers."

So some fraction of 4% of the nation's businesses may make this penny-wise-pound-foolish decision. What a SCANDAL!!

LMAO!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50625
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

America deserves to fail wrote:
Don'cha just love it when the elevated community organizer's words come back to bite him. I do! LOL
You love it so much that you'll torture the truth to claim that's what's happening.

That's called desperation, son.

LOL!
ACA

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50627
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the CBO really say?
"Since employer-provided health care insurance is not taxable, the CBO's theory is that the benefits aren't as valuable when tax rates are lower, said James Klein, president of the American Benefits Council, a trade association for large employers. So some workers -- particularly lower-income folks -- may find it more desirable to forgo their employer's coverage and seek insurance in the exchanges, where they may be eligible for a subsidy."
Hmmmm ... workers may CHOOSE to seek better, more affordable coverage on the exchanges.
So how is finding a better deal somewhere else a BAD thing?
If your employer provides healthcare for you under their company umbrella plan you wont find cheaper healthcare insurance anywhere.Group plans are always cheaper. Try to purchase your own healthcare and it will unaffordable . Just ask around. if you buy the cheaper insurance you will pay higher deductables, more out of pocket money, limited choices of doctors and hospitals. I know a few people in that position.So you get what you pay for.Obamacare will only hurt the working class ( the middle man ) since the rich can afford to pay and the poor dont have to pay.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50629
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ACA wrote:
<quoted text>If your employer provides healthcare for you under their company umbrella plan you wont find cheaper healthcare insurance anywhere.Group plans are always cheaper. Try to purchase your own healthcare and it will unaffordable . Just ask around. if you buy the cheaper insurance you will pay higher deductables, more out of pocket money, limited choices of doctors and hospitals. I know a few people in that position.So you get what you pay for.Obamacare will only hurt the working class ( the middle man ) since the rich can afford to pay and the poor dont have to pay.
You are describing the current system. That's one of the major changes that the ACA brings - it sets up exchanges where rates for everyone are group rates. The exchange is a big group, containing premium costs for everyone.

The situation you describe is one of the reasons healthcare reform was so necessary - the working class and working poor are being screwed while the rich get some of the best care in the world. Healthcare reform intends to FIX the problem you're describing.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50630
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The BHO Legacy wrote:
<quoted text>
Russian Troops To Provide Security At U.S. Event
02 July 2013 | Issue 5160
The Moscow Times
Russian officials will provide security at mass events in the U.S. as part of a deal signed last week between the Emergency Situations Ministry and its U.S. equivalent, the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
...Under the terms of the new deal, Russian troops could be deployed at "National Special Security Events," as determined by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Events that have been awarded this status in the past include the Super Bowl, international summits such as the G8 and presidential inaugurations.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/ru...
Again, this is not new. You didn't shriek in 1961. You didn't shriek when Bush did the same thing. Why are you shrieking now?

Nevermind. It's crystal clear why you're shrieking now.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50631
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Employers who unwisely focus on short-term gain at the expense of long-term growth may do that. But what they're really doing is voluntarily handicapping their businesses in order to save a couple of bucks short-term. That's just selfishly stupid.
And how many companies could potentially do this? YOUR linked article says, "more than 96 percent of firms with 50 or more employees already offer health insurance to their workers."
So some fraction of 4% of the nation's businesses may make this penny-wise-pound-foolish decision. What a SCANDAL!!
LMAO!
This coming from a man that failed in his business of collecting aluminum cans. LMAO

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50632
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bobby6464 wrote:
Where is the GENERAL? Somewhere in America playing victim. Talibanjalists preying


You already have a lover boy, pumpkin. I'm still waiting for the announcement of you gay wedding.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50633
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> This coming from a man that failed in his business of collecting aluminum cans. LMAO
Does it hurt when you talk out of your ass? You do it all the time, so I was just wondering.

And how do you talk out of your ass with your head completely buried in there? That just seems impossible, yet here you are doing it.

Amazing.
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50636
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Tea bags will hate the Mrs Clinton legacy as the next president of the united States of america. Will the racial hating tea bags love the Texas Governor, gay Rick Perry, again
ACA

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50637
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

1. Millions are losing the insurance Obama promised they could keep. Because ObamaCare forces employers to offer expensive Cadillac plans but also offers the option of paying a fine for not providing health insurance that can be cheaper than providing it, between seven and twenty million Americans are likely to lose their health insurance coverage according to the Congressional Budget Office. The original estimate was closer to four million.2. The cost of healthcare premiums is about to further skyrocket. Premium costs have already exploded, but that is a slow-motion explosion. In the near future, we could see costs double or worse. Naturally, these costs will hit an already burdened middle class hardest.3. Lost jobs. Lost jobs.The Federal Reserve’s March beige book on economic activity noted that businesses “cited the unknown effects of the Affordable Care Act as reasons for planned layoffs and reluctance to hire more staff.”Human resources consulting firm Adecco found that half of the small businesses it surveyed in January either plan to cut their workforce, not hire new workers, or shift to part-time or temporary help because of ObamaCare.4. Potential doctor shortages that will mean rationing: The healthcare industry is already a bureaucratic quagmire. ObamaCare is about to add steroids. As the profession becomes tyrannized by government, the talented people currently practicing medicine plan to get out sooner than expected. Who knows how many will choose not to get in. Doctor shortages are what lead to the nightmare known as rationed care.5. Somewhere around $800 billion in tax increases will hit America’s middle class. This added burden will not only further oppress a middle class already reeling from a drop in wages over the last few years, but could damage the overall economy.6. Inflation, the cruelest tax on the poor. When businesses get socked with added costs brought about by higher taxes and burdensome government mandates, they pass those cost along to the consumer in the form of higher prices.7. Added bureaucracy. Even those Obama lapdogs over at the Washington Post’s Wonk Blog are admitting that applying for health care is about to get more burdensome than the byzantine paperwork involved in buying a home.8. To cut costs or to avoid having to provide insurance, workers on the economic margins are already losing hours, which means a lower paycheck. There are a million sad stories in ObamaVille; here are just a few of them.9. ObamaCare is projected to add $6.2 TRILLION to a deficit the GAO has already declared “unsustainable.” That’s “trillion” with a “t”.10. More taxes than currently estimated are likely to hit because of situations like this one.11.Muslims, Amish, Native Americans, Congress are exempt from mandate and penalties under Obamacare that the rest of us have to pay.The govt becoming more involved in health care is the reason the costs have increased. So Govt creates a crisis, then provides a solution that comes at the expense of liberty and freedom, costs trillions, and by most accounts won’t solve the problem but in fact make it far worse.Corruption, incompetence, disregard of the Constitution, and lying are integral to the way that this country is being run.Three years ago, Obama, Democrats, and his media lied to us about cutting the cost of health care, being able to keep our insurance, and not taxing the middle class.Today, those lies and what ObamaCare is and will do to the working and middle class are the biggest untold story in America.Just refuse obamacare..REFUSE..If only a mere 20% of the over 300 million population of the USA refuse Obamacare the government would be overwhelmed to even think they could lock every citizen up that refused to participate in the most corrupt and unlawful ways which it was passed that circumvented the constitution of the United States
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50638
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hey tea bags, your option for president lost, racial hating ignorant dumb asses.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50639
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it hurt when you talk out of your ass? You do it all the time, so I was just wondering.
And how do you talk out of your ass with your head completely buried in there? That just seems impossible, yet here you are doing it.
Amazing.
Boy, you just hate it when truth is staring you in your face.

Go back to planning your wedding. Gays can do this now, according to bobbie the nut juice collector. LOL

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50640
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bobby6464 wrote:
Hey tea bags, your option for president lost, racial hating ignorant dumb asses.
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Same old tea bag this and tea bag that.

So bobbie, how many canning jars of nut juice did you add to your collection this week? I bet you have great suction power to be able to fill those quart canning jars up.

Did you every think of getting a job as a vacuum cleaner? LMAO

When you and your lover Danny get married who will be playing the role of husband?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50642
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The BHO Legacy wrote:
26% of Obama Supporters View Tea Party as Nation’s Top Terror Threat
Half of all voters consider radical Muslims the bigger terrorist threat facing the nation, but supporters of President Obama consider the Tea Party to be as big a danger.
...Among those who Strongly Approve of the president, more fear the Tea Party than radical Muslims.
As for those who disapprove of Obama’s performance, 75% consider radical Muslims to be the bigger terrorist threat. Just one percent (1%) name the Tea Party.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
What an utterly meaningless and irrelevant poll.

Do you actually think this means something?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50643
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ACA wrote:
1. Millions are losing the insurance Obama promised they could keep. Because ObamaCare forces employers to offer expensive Cadillac plans but also offers the option of paying a fine for not providing health insurance that can be cheaper than providing it, between seven and twenty million Americans are likely to lose their health insurance coverage according to the Congressional Budget Office. The original estimate was closer to four million.2. The cost of healthcare premiums is about to further skyrocket. Premium costs have already exploded, but that is a slow-motion explosion. In the near future, we could see costs double or worse. Naturally, these costs will hit an already burdened middle class hardest.3. Lost jobs. Lost jobs.The Federal Reserve’s March beige book on economic activity noted that businesses “cited the unknown effects of the Affordable Care Act as reasons for planned layoffs and reluctance to hire more staff.”Human resources consulting firm Adecco found that half of the small businesses it surveyed in January either plan to cut their workforce, not hire new workers, or shift to part-time or temporary help because of ObamaCare.4. Potential doctor shortages that will mean rationing: The healthcare industry is already a bureaucratic quagmire. ObamaCare is about to add steroids. As the profession becomes tyrannized by government, the talented people currently practicing medicine plan to get out sooner than expected. Who knows how many will choose not to get in. Doctor shortages are what lead to the nightmare known as rationed care.5. Somewhere around $800 billion in tax increases will hit America’s middle class. This added burden will not only further oppress a middle class already reeling from a drop in wages over the last few years, but could damage the overall economy.6. Inflation, the cruelest tax on the poor. When businesses get socked with added costs brought about by higher taxes and burdensome government mandates, they pass those cost along to the consumer in the form of higher prices.7. Added bureaucracy. Even those Obama lapdogs over at the Washington Post’s Wonk Blog are admitting that applying for health care is about to get more burdensome than the byzantine paperwork involved in buying a home.8. To cut costs or to avoid having to provide insurance, workers on the economic margins are already losing hours, which means a lower paycheck. There are a million sad stories in ObamaVille; here are just a few of them.9. ObamaCare is projected to add $6.2 TRILLION to a deficit the GAO has already declared “unsustainable.” That’s “trillion” with a “t”.10. More taxes than currently estimated are likely to hit because of situations like this one.11.Muslims, Amish, Native Americans, Congress are exempt from mandate and penalties under Obamacare that the rest of us have to pay.The govt becoming more involved in health care is the reason the costs have increased. So Govt creates a crisis, then provides a solution that comes at the expense of liberty and freedom, costs trillions, and by most accounts won’t solve the problem but in fact make it far worse.Corruption, incompetence, disregard of the Constitution, and lying are integral to the way that this country is being run.Three years ago, Obama, Democrats, and his media lied to us about cutting the cost of health care, being able to keep our insurance, and not taxing the middle class.Today, those lies and what ObamaCare is and will do to the working and middle class are the biggest untold story in America.Just refuse
This is actually readable at it's original source - the thoroughly discredited joke-of-a-site, Breitbart.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50644
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Major part of ACA delayed to 2015. Google it, I'm not force-feeding you.
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50645
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can't refute the facts, your only resort is to malign the source. Just sayin...
How true.
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
This is actually readable at it's original source - the thoroughly discredited joke-of-a-site, Breitbart.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
Ooops.

LMAO!
Rational Evolutionist

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50646
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Please share this important message with your friends and family. Thank you!

The Myth of Homophobia

Thesis: Humans have evolved with certain inborn inhibitions that biologically serve to promote the preservation of the Homo Sapien species, and improve the chance of successful reproduction and the genetic diversity, health, and survivability of their offspring.

For centuries, anthropologists studying different human tribes, ethnic groups, cultures, and civilizations have observed that humans overwhelmingly avoid certain behaviors regardless of environment, available resources, or social context. The instinctual behaviors include but are not limited to: interspecies mating, intergenerational mating, and close family inbreeding.

The fact that these three behaviors are universally avoided regardless of geography, religion or culture suggests humans are restrained by instincts that serve a useful and evolutionary purpose. Consider the scientific rational for the following generally avoided behaviors:

Inter-species mating (interbreeding): Humans are biologically hardwired to avoid mating with other mammalian species because of anatomic incompatibility and failure to procreate. This instinct protects the continuation of a species by restricting sexual drive to anatomically compatible mating partners of the same mammalian group. Without this biological instinct, humans would erroneously seek out incompatible species for reproduction, fail to reproduce, and threaten the existence of our species.

Intergenerational mating: Fertile humans, instinctually avoid mating with infertile members of the opposite sex. Physical aging provides a useful biological purpose, which is to signal fertility and help humans direct their sexual drive to partners that offer the best chance of reproductive success. This explains why a typical, sexually mature male would prefer to copulate with a young woman rather than a post-menopausal woman or a prepubescent girl. Without this hard-wired preference, humans would erroneously direct their sexual drive towards infertile mates, fail to reproduce, and threaten the existence of our species.

Close-Family Inbreeding: Humans, and their primate ancestors, instinctually avoid mating with close kin (such as the mother, father, and sibling) and instead seek out partners outside of the nuclear family to secure the genetic diversity and health of their offspring. Without this innate instinct, people would misdirect their sexual drive to close relatives, produce genetically “defective” offspring, and threaten the adaptability and survival of future generations.

It has been universally observed that humans have developed strong cultural taboos against bestiality (inter-species mating), wide-gap intergenerational mating, and incest. Many religions ascribe meaning to these inborn instincts and interpret them as “God’s laws.” While many evolutionists don’t ascribe any cultural meaning to these inhibitions, they do recognize their profound biological function and evolutionary purpose.

Considering the reasons provided herein, if you feel an inexplicable repulsion or discomfort toward homosexual partnerships- understand that your sentiment is not prejudicial (i.e. homophobic) but biological. Your sentiment is based on a natural procreative instinct that for millions of years has served to ensure humanity’s propagation. Social conditioning and acculturation alone may not be enough to reverse this normal physiological hardwiring.
Rational Evolutionist

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50647
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Myth of Homophobia (continued)

Lastly, it is important to note that while primal instincts play a strong role in guiding or regulating behavior, humans are not completely govern by them. Since complex psychological factors play an equally influential role in driving behavior, people can and often do go against their innate impulses or inhibitions. Those that do behave contrary to their evolutionary instincts and deviate from nature’s imperative are an extreme minority. If deviant sexual preferences were to be normalized through socialization, the genetic progression and continuity of the human race would be threatened. Thus to preserve the propagation, diversity, and health of future generations, society should be very cautious to promote anti-evolutionary sexual behavior (e.g. homosexuality) as a normal alternative lifestyle to heterosexuality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,661 - 46,680 of51,295
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 1 hr Ronald knows all 5,087
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Fri Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Mar 24 Stacy Krieger 5
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••