Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,319)

Showing posts 46,361 - 46,380 of51,293
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

James O’Keefe Shocked to Learn Goods Are Fungible

In a free market economy, it is possible to sell or exchange goods and services for other goods and services. You can take your free phone and sell it. You can do this with any government benefit. You can do it with money of any kind.

Moreover, the task of preventing people from buying drugs falls on law enforcement, not on other social service agencies, who are not in a position to ensure that any benefits are not ultimately transferred toward illicit ends.

If you give money to, say, James O’Keefe, he might use it to commit burglary or other legally questionable behavior. And yet, now that he is off probation and can travel without permission from a judge, a U.S. attorney, and a probation officer, we generally let O’Keefe have stuff, out of the perhaps naïve assumption that it will not be used to finance illegal activity.

Now, if your particular concern is that poor people might take a public benefit and convert it into cash, then your problem isn’t with the Lifeline program, it is with any public benefit of any kind. Retirees can spend their Social Security checks on contraband.

But the prospect of middle-class retirees misappropriating funds does not frighten O’Keefe, for reasons that are self-evident.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/...
Faux News

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
Video shows workers offering 'Obamaphones' to those vowing to sell them -- for drugs
A Republican senator renewed his criticism of a government-backed program that hands out cell phones after an undercover video showed vendors helping people obtain the phones even after saying they wanted to sell them for drugs and other items.
The video was released by conservative activist James O'Keefe and his group Project Veritas. It claimed to show undercover investigators visiting Philadelphia locations for phone vendor Stand Up Wireless and locations for one other company.
In one exchange, the investigator -- posing as someone who wants a free phone -- asks if the phone will belong to him after he gets it.
"Whatever you want to do with it," the worker says.
The investigator floats the possibility of getting "money for heroin." The employee responds: "Hey, I don't judge."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/18/vi...
Must of been a slow news day at FOX news ......LOL!

And now .........the Sean Hannity show....LMAO!
Kathi_H_York_ PA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I've been deemed as unsuitable to get a teaching job, because I have a marijuana charge on my record! Maybe if we get a govner who will legalize pot, then I can get a job teaching after all of these years. Didn't you ever wonder why I spent 25 yrs. cleaning the gym floor?
God is always Right

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Kathi_H_York_ PA wrote:
I've been deemed as unsuitable to get a teaching job, because I have a marijuana charge on my record! Maybe if we get a govner who will legalize pot, then I can get a job teaching after all of these years. Didn't you ever wonder why I spent 25 yrs. cleaning the gym floor?
Is it just a possession, or intent to deliver or criminal conspiracy charge? The last two would not be expunged if marijuana was legalized.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Paz, however, provided no evidence that senior IRS officials ordered agents to target conservative groups or that anyone in the Obama administration outside the IRS was involved.

Instead, Paz described an agency in which IRS supervisors in Washington worked closely with agents in the field but didn't fully understand what those agents were doing. Paz said agents in Cincinnati openly talked about handling "tea party" cases, but she thought the term was merely shorthand for all applications from groups that were politically active — conservative and liberal.

http://news.yahoo.com/irs-supervisor-dc-scrut...

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

CREATE a NEW Political thread... This one has lost it's PIZZAZZ!!!
johnny wad

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
how about sucking my d!ck ! LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Paz, however, provided no evidence that senior IRS officials ordered agents to target conservative groups or that anyone in the Obama administration outside the IRS was involved.

http://news.yahoo.com/irs-supervisor-dc-scrut...
stfu cuntnugget

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Chick wrote:
Pot is legal in Colorado so smoke up and shut up.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait ... I thought they were best buds. I thought that Obama does everything Ayers says he should do.
You wingnuts really need to get your paranoid conspiracy theories straight. LOL!
There were Dan and probably still are. Then again Obama may have no more use for him.
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Newsmax, what a frigging joke. Get a clue tea bag

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Now this is truly desperate.
No rational person still believes ANYTHING the disgraced prevaricator James O'Keefe claims.
And just so you know - they would be more accurately Reaganphones. Ronald Reagan started the free phone program.
Phones, prescription drugs, food stamps many more items I'm sure I missed are being sold and traded daily. The abuse of these programs are costing taxpayers enormous amounts of money and are hurting those truly in need.

I could care less who started these wasteful programs. It's the abuse, cost and the growth of government I'm concerned about.

Surely you would agree these programs need to be looked into for waste and better management of these.
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Phones, prescription drugs, food stamps many more items I'm sure I missed are being sold and traded daily. The abuse of these programs are costing taxpayers enormous amounts of money and are hurting those truly in need.
I could care less who started these wasteful programs. It's the abuse, cost and the growth of government I'm concerned about.
Surely you would agree these programs need to be looked into for waste and better management of these.
And don't forget my sex change operation that was paid for by the taxpayers. Hey Mr. Rogers, are you a relation of my old boy friend Gayle Rodgers?
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

I think that Kathi should be in jail. She broke the law, plain and simple. She is probably a child molester also. I would not even let her into the David Crosby School for Dummies.
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Kathi_H_York_ PA wrote:
I forgot to clip Kathi's stupid post. Again, jail her and keep her away from my school.
America needs to fail

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The more I read and hear about this incompetent community organizer who is masked as a president, the more I believe I should change my handle to America deserves to fail. How in the hell did this thing get elected? I know - aszholes in America are currently in the majority. America is only as good as it's people - America is, therefore, in great distress.
America needs to fail

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

... its ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

America needs to fail wrote:
The more I read and hear about this incompetent community organizer who is masked as a president, the more I believe I should change my handle to America deserves to fail. How in the hell did this thing get elected? I know - aszholes in America are currently in the majority. America is only as good as it's people - America is, therefore, in great distress.
If you hate it here so much, go the hell away traitor.
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

America needs to fail wrote:
... its ...
You are a big dummy.
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Castro would put these racial hating tea bags to sleep

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,361 - 46,380 of51,293
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 23 hr FORBES 5,086
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) Fri Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Apr 17 Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Apr 16 nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Mar 24 Stacy Krieger 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search