Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Paul Ryan wrote:
Unnecessary regulations ? Sure, if you ignore the studies that have shown that mercury emissions have caused build-ups of mercury in 12% of women of childbearing ages that are so high that they could lead to reduction of IQ and motor skills in their children. Maybe, if you ignore the studies that show that the new standards will avoid 11,000 deaths a year, 540,000 days of missed work a year, and $40 -$90 billion in healthcare costs a year. Perhaps, if you think the DC Circuit Court of Appeals was off their rocker when they ruled in 2008 that the EPA had illegally violated the Clean Air Act by failing to regulate pollutants released by power plants.
If you are going to argue against the regulations, at least come armed with some facts instead of regurgitating the senseless bile that is spewed at you on Fox News. Try to do some thinking for yourself.
Coal is a killer. It kills miners, it kills children, it kills the elderly. It kills millions per year. It's less ethical than tobacco. Humanity must ditch coal.
Obama has nothing to do with plant shutdowns,,,keep tuning into FOX news,,,,,for all your misinformation!
You really need to do your homework on this topic. From reading your post it is very clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

bobby6464 wrote:
The world is laughing at you ignorant racial hating tea bags, dumb ass Limbaugh nut juice guzzler, gulp gulp.
Man there is definitely something wrong with you. I have no idea what you are talking about.
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Omar wrote:
I dont steal comments ,i rely on the news media to keep me informed....where do you get your news from, Your ass? LMAO! turn off the radio the tv and dont read any newspapers.........you'd be in the dark. oh wait you already are !
LMAO!
Keep dunking those soggy tea bags in cold water,,,,,,,,,,LOL!
And now back to Fox news with Sean Hannity and later on Bill O'reilly bashing the President ! LMAO!
Oh yes you did steal it and why do you post under multiple user names?
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Omar wrote:
Mitt Romney is returning to the political stage — at least briefly — to attend an August fundraiser for the New Hampshire GOP, the first time the 2012 Republican presidential nominee will headline a political fundraiser since his November loss.
The Aug. 6 event will be held in New Hampshire's Lakes Region near Romney's summer home in Wolfeboro.
"New Hampshire has always been a special place for Gov. Romney. It's the state where he launched his presidential campaign, where he spends time with his family every summer, and it's a place where he will always have many friends and loyal supporters," New Hampshire GOP chair Jennifer Horn said, adding that she's "thrilled" Romney has agreed to help the state party.
Romney, 66, has spent recent months largely in seclusion moving between his homes in southern California and central New Hampshire. But he has hinted at a desire to play a more active role ahead of the 2014 midterm elections.
He told the Wall Street Journal in May that he plans to re-emerge in ways that would "help shape national priorities."
His brand suffered after losing what was widely considered a winnable election, but Romney maintains a national fundraising network that could help generate millions of dollars for candidates, super PACs and party committees. He attended a three-day summit last month in Utah that featured prominent Republican fundraisers, a handful of potential 2016 GOP presidential candidates and even some high-profile Democratic strategists.
The New Hampshire Democratic Party seized on news of Romney's August appearance to launch its own fundraising appeal.
"It didn't take long for Republicans to abandon their pledge to rebrand after a disastrous 2012 election," the state party wrote in a message asking supporters to donate $12. "New Hampshire Republicans are bringing back their standard bearer — Mitt Romney — and his infamous 47 percent comments for an exclusive fundraiser on Lake Winnipesaukee this summer. "
All the money him and the Koch bros and Karl Rove swindled investors out of millions and the flipper still lost ! Mitt thought he had it in the bag !!!!
LMAO!
more stolen information. Why don't you at least post your own comments?
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Faux News wrote:
bengazzzzzzzzzzzzz
irs
fast and furious
cant pin one thing on obama unless you listen to that Nazi station FOX......LOL!
All under Obama watch. He is responsible for all you listed.
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You're funny.
And SOOOO predictable.
Straight out of Karl Rove's playbook - accuse your opponent of the things you are guilty of.
When your President had more vacation days than any other President in American history, you accuse Obama of that fault. It's mindless and juvenile, but that's exactly what I've come to expect from you.
LMAO!
Did you ever hear the saying apples to oranges?
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Miner wrote:
there is no such thing as clean coal.......never was never will be... ask all the coal miners that have died of black lung. If you mine it or burn it,it's a deadly source of energy.
I tried taking your advice. Not one coal miner who died of black lung would answer my questions. You appear to be a little on the retarded side.
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Miner wrote:
there is no such thing as clean coal.......never was never will be... ask all the coal miners that have died of black lung. If you mine it or burn it,it's a deadly source of energy.
I've been a coal miner for over 30 years. Lets see your proof that it's a deadly source of energy. Please include your proof while comparing coal with all other energy sources. Life has all kinds of deadly risks. Do you know what is in the food and drink you consume daily that is far more deadly than coal? Do you have any idea how many jobs were lost because of all these regulations? I'm all for having a cleaner safer environment but that comes with a very expensive bill. A bill that we cannot afford at this time. Obamas timing is fked up.
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a bald-faced lie.
OK then where is your proof it is a bald faced lie? It is easy to call anyone a liar.
Clearfield Coal Miner

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Any comments on this?

The way I see it is that justice has prevailed.

Now we will have to deal with the black racists, you know those who judge a person by color. The savages are already taking to the streets. Obama and Holder getting involved to sway the jury failed.

Zimmerman Is Acquitted in Trayvon Martin Killing.

SANFORD, Fla.— George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, igniting a national debate on racial profiling and civil rights, was found not guilty late Saturday night of second-degree murder. He was also acquitted of manslaughter, a lesser charge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/us/george-z...
Reverend Irreverent

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

It's over so let's move on. There are much larger problems in the nation and world at-large and this just doesn't register as more than a paltry distraction to what ultimately matters.

How's that?
liar

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Clearfield Coal Miner wrote:
<quoted text> All under Obama watch. He is responsible for all you listed.
show me facts that support that.
liar

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Any comments on this?
The way I see it is that justice has prevailed.
Now we will have to deal with the black racists, you know those who judge a person by color. The savages are already taking to the streets. Obama and Holder getting involved to sway the jury failed.
Zimmerman Is Acquitted in Trayvon Martin Killing.
SANFORD, Fla.— George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, igniting a national debate on racial profiling and civil rights, was found not guilty late Saturday night of second-degree murder. He was also acquitted of manslaughter, a lesser charge.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/us/george-z...
They tend to blame there own as the jury comprised of all females and only one white woman was on the jury.....all the others were black.......so do the blacks blame their own for letting Zimmerman off? I wasnt there,you werent there..so you dont actually know what really happened,do you?
Dennis Weed

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

My Son My Son wrote:
Obama - If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
imagine that the spineless agitator slinking away from another one of his stupid comments.......
you think the
" white hispanics"
would have called him out on what he said..
but never heard a word....
what did you want obama to say that if he had a son he'd look hispanic? LMAO!
john holmes

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
Why is the U.S. arming Egyptian terrorists?
June 29, 2013
The Obama administration should stop sending taxpayer dollars to nations that embrace Islamic terrorism — nations that behave like adversaries, not allies.
Case in point: Egypt and the radical Muslim Brotherhood. The Obama administration recently agreed to spend an additional $250 million in taxpayer money to send weapons to this increasingly unstable nation.
That's in addition to the more than $1 billion annual taxpayer giveaway to Egypt. The United States is putting highly sophisticated tanks and warplanes in the hands of terrorists — terrorists who are hostile to America and to our longtime ally, Israel.
http://triblive.com/opinion/featuredcommentar...
Senate Republicans Arm the Brotherhood
Nearly two-thirds of them voted to give weapons to the Egyptian government.

So Senator Paul tried to stop weapons transfer. His amendment, however, was defeated 79–19, because 23 Republican senators opted to follow the lead of McCain, Graham, and Ayotte. They joined all Senate Democrats (and a couple of nominal “independents” who are, in effect, Democrats) in voting to “table” the Paul Amendment.“Tabling” is a bit of procedural chicanery, allowing senators to defeat Paul’s amendment yet pretend to the folks back home that they didn’t actually vote “against” it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/339590...
john holmes

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

not only does the GOP support arming Egypt,they voted to arm the terrorists......!!!!

Rand Paul: My colleagues just voted to arm allies of al-Qaeda

Government
Rand Paul: My colleagues just voted to arm allies of al-Qaeda
May. 22, 2013 3:33pm Meredith Jessup

5716410&nbsp;&nbsp;8Ke ntucky Sen. Rand Paul spoke out against his fellow members of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations this week after they voted 15-3 in favor of arming elements of Syrian opposition. According to Foreign Policy, the bipartisan bill “would authorize the shipment of arms and military training to rebels ‘that have gone through a thorough vetting process.’”

Gee, what could go wrong?

“This is an important moment,” Paul announced.“You will be funding, today, the allies of al Qaeda.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/05/22/rand-...
john holmes

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

rand paul is a nut job just like his old man and both are racist !!
johnny holmes

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> I've been a coal miner for over 30 years. Lets see your proof that it's a deadly source of energy. Please include your proof while comparing coal with all other energy sources. Life has all kinds of deadly risks. Do you know what is in the food and drink you consume daily that is far more deadly than coal? Do you have any idea how many jobs were lost because of all these regulations? I'm all for having a cleaner safer environment but that comes with a very expensive bill. A bill that we cannot afford at this time. Obamas timing is fked up.
Here ya go skippy !

Coal-fired power plants have a dramatic effect on human health and the environment as well as total health care costs (courtesy of EERE)
Everyone’s heard of the carbon footprint of different energy sources, the largest footprint belonging to coal because every kWhr of energy produced emits about 900 grams of CO2. Wind and nuclear have the smallest carbon footprint with only 15 g emitted per kWhr, and that mainly from concrete production, construction, and mining of steel and uranium. Biomass is supposedly carbon neutral as it sucks CO2 out of the atmosphere before it liberates it again later, although production losses are significant depending upon the biomass. Carbon emissions and physical footprints are known as externalities and are those vague someone-has-to-pay-eventually kind of thing it’s hard to put a value on. Proposed carbon footprint taxes are in the range of $15 to $40/ton of CO2 emitted, but assigning a physical footprint cost depends on the region, ecosystem sensitivities and importance. A hundred-acre wetlands to be flooded by a new dam is worth more to the planet than a barren hundred-acre strip under a solar array in the Mojave (P. Bickel and R. Friedrich, 2005).

Coal-fired power plants have a dramatic effect on human health and the environment as well as total health care costs (courtesy of EERE)

But an energy’s deathprint, as it is called, is rarely discussed. The deathprint is the number of people killed by one kind of energy or another per kWhr produced and, like the carbon footprint, coal is the worst and wind and nuclear are the best

For coal, oil and biomass, it is carbon particulates resulting from burning that cause upper respiratory distress, kind of a second-hand black lung. Our lungs just don’t like burnt carbonaceous particulates, whether from coal or wood or manure or pellets or cigarettes. The actual numbers of deaths in China from coal use exceeded 300,000 last year since they have ramped up coal so fast in the last decade and they usually do not install exhaust scrubbers. The impact on their health care system has been significant in not just deaths, but in non-lethal health effects and lost days of work.

Source:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2012/0...
johnny holmes

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Here's another source numbnuts,,,,read on son.....

Among all industrial sources of air pollution, none poses greater risks to human health and the environment than coal-fired power plants. Emissions from coalfired power plants contribute to global warming, ozone smog, acid rain, regional haze, and–perhaps most consequential of all from a public health standpoint – fine particle pollution. In 2000 and again in 2004, the Clean Air Task Force commissioned comprehensive studies of health impacts caused by fine particle air pollution from the nation's roughly 500 coal-fired power plants. Each study incorporated the latest scientific findings concerning the link between air pollution and public health, as well as up-to-date emissions information. Both found that emissions from the U.S. power sector cause tens of thousands of premature deaths each year and hundreds of thousands of heart attacks, asthma attacks, emergency room visits, hospital admissions, and lost workdays.

This study provides a new update on the burden of death and disease from coal-based electricity production across the United States. Estimated impacts are based on projected power sector emissions in 2010. As in our 2000 and 2004 reports, Clean Air Task Force commissioned Abt Associates to conduct the analysis for this study. Abt Associates developed estimates of health impacts using a well-established and extensively peer-reviewed methodology that has been approved by both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) Science Advisory Board and the National Academy of Sciences (NAS). In fact, the same methodology has provided the basis for regulatory impact analyses in the context of recent EPA rulemakings.

Source:

http://www.catf.us/resources/publications/vie...
john holmes

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Conservative media have claimed that the Obama administration is waging a "war" on "cheap," "clean" coal that will cause blackouts and massive layoffs. In fact, the Obama administration has simply implemented long overdue and legally required clean air regulations to protect public health without hurting electric reliability or employment, and much of the transition away from coal is due to the rise of cheaper, cleaner natural gas.

FACT: Regulations Were Legally Required And Long Overdue
MYTH: The Obama Administration Has Waged a "War On Coal"
On Fox News, Deneen Borelli said that Obama "has a war on coal, a war on fossil fuels. It's hurting hard-working Americans. It is harming businesses. Our energy prices are going up." [Fox News, Hannity, 5/28/12, via Nexis]
A Washington Times editorial stated "There's no doubt the Obama administration is waging an all-out war on affordable energy," citing the EPA's Cross-State Air Pollution Rule. It added: "Ending the war on coal is the first step to reviving the U.S. economy." [Washington Times, 8/21/12]
The Weekly Standard's Henry Payne recently wrote that "Obama's EPA has done an end run around the legislative process" to wage a "War on Coal" that has been "devastating to businesses and communities across the eastern coal belt." [The Weekly Standard, 9/24/12]
CRS: Most Major Clean Air Act Rules Began Under The Bush Administration. A Congressional Research Service report explained that many Obama-era pollution rules proposed to enforce the Clean Air Act and other statutes "began development under the Bush Administration":

Source:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/20/m...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr bobby6464 3,826
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 14 hr S-L is a scam 5,395
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE