|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Here are the FACTS:

Congressman’s Slippery Cell Phone Claim
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/congressmans...

The Obama Phone?

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-ph...

Of course the FACTS mean nothing to the rabid rightwing, whose only remaining agenda is to blindly attack the President no matter what he does.

Even if that means telling bald-faced lies over and over and over again in the desperate hope that people will eventually believe them (a la Joseph Goebbels, their propaganda mentor).

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure glad President Obama has not increased or expanded ANY programs.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

GenPatton wrote:
I'm sure glad President Obama has not increased or expanded ANY programs.
I sure wish you could respond to what people actually post rather than the strawmen you'd prefer to argue with.

I guess that's just the natural side-effect of believing a failed political ideology - you can't have an honest debate because it would reveal your moral and intellectual bankruptcy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
<quoted text>
"The truth is, though, that taxpayers are footing the bill."
‘Obama phone’ program now costing taxpayers billions
Arkansas Congressman Tim Griffin says the Lifeline program is “running wild” and is working to pass a bill that would end the federal subsidies:
The evidence is stacking up: dead people are receiving free cell phones in the mail, eligible and ineligible individuals are obtaining more than one, and electronic kiosks have been stationed in convenience stores to spread the word about this “free” opportunity. The truth is, though, that taxpayers are footing the bill. The program is called Lifeline, but in reality it’s turned into Uncle Sam’s Unlimited Plan. My bill returns the Lifeline program back to its original structure by ending federal subsidies for free cell phone services. This growing government cell phone program is costing American consumers and taxpayers, and my bill puts an end to it.
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/06/06/obama...
If you refuse to educate yourself, you are going to continue to look gullible and stupid.

Or a liar.

Or both.

From MY PREVIOUS LINK:

----------

A congressman’s Web video goes too far when it portrays a program that subsidizes cell phone service for very low-income persons as a government giveaway that is costing taxpayers billions.

The video also misleadingly claims Arkansas Rep. Tim Griffin is “reforming” the program. His proposed legislation — the “Stop Taxpayer-Funded Cell Phones Act of 2011&#8243; — actually would eliminate the cell phone subsidy.
The video — using a clip from a news show — briefly acknowledges that the subsidized cell phones are funded by “a hidden fee that’s on your cell phone bill.” But the rest of the video portrays the fee as a government tax. Griffin suggests the program is an example of wasteful federal spending when he says:“If we can’t cut this, then we’re in big, big trouble when it comes to cutting other wasteful spending because this is easy.”

We tackled a similar claim in 2009 regarding the so-called “Obama phone.” As we explained then, the FCC requires phone companies to fund “universal service” programs such as Lifeline that improve telecommunications access to all Americans. The companies pass the cost along to consumers in the form of a universal service fee, which is listed on a monthly phone bill.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/congressmans...

----------

Tim Griffin LIED.

And you either gullibly swallowed his lie or you are knowingly passing it on.

Either way, your post is dishonest and was debunked long ago.

But then again - what can you expect from The Blaze, a rightwing propaganda outlet funded by Glenn Beck. LMAO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
Millions Improperly Claimed U.S. Phone Subsidies
The U.S. government spent about $2.2 billion last year to provide phones to low-income Americans, but a Wall Street Journal review of the program shows that a large number of those who received the phones haven't proved they are eligible to receive them.
The Lifeline program—begun in 1984 to ensure that poor people aren't cut off from jobs, families and emergency services—is funded by charges that appear on the monthly bills of every landline and wireless-phone customer. Payouts under the program have shot up from $819 million in 2008, as more wireless carriers have persuaded regulators to let them offer the service.
Suspecting that many of the new subscribers were ineligible, the Federal Communications Commission tightened the rules last year and required carriers to verify that existing subscribers were eligible. The agency estimated 15% of users would be weeded out, but far more were dropped.
A review of five top recipients of Lifeline support conducted by the FCC for the Journal showed that 41% of their more than six million subscribers either couldn't demonstrate their eligibility or didn't respond to requests for certification.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Well done, President Obama!

It's good that the Obama administration tightened up the Reagan/Bush program to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse.

Thanks for pointing out that excellent work, Legacy.
food stamps

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

now if we can weed out the welfare fraud , we can be on the right road.
free stuff

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
Millions Improperly Claimed U.S. Phone Subsidies
The U.S. government spent about $2.2 billion last year to provide phones to low-income Americans, but a Wall Street Journal review of the program shows that a large number of those who received the phones haven't proved they are eligible to receive them.
The Lifeline program—begun in 1984 to ensure that poor people aren't cut off from jobs, families and emergency services—is funded by charges that appear on the monthly bills of every landline and wireless-phone customer. Payouts under the program have shot up from $819 million in 2008, as more wireless carriers have persuaded regulators to let them offer the service.
Suspecting that many of the new subscribers were ineligible, the Federal Communications Commission tightened the rules last year and required carriers to verify that existing subscribers were eligible. The agency estimated 15% of users would be weeded out, but far more were dropped.
A review of five top recipients of Lifeline support conducted by the FCC for the Journal showed that 41% of their more than six million subscribers either couldn't demonstrate their eligibility or didn't respond to requests for certification.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
2.2 billion is a bargain considering what we dish out for the welfare fraud cases....
bobby6464

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

In racial hating tea bag land america does not live. That pisses off tea bags, huh general? President Obama still has higher public approval then any tea bag and so does Mrs Clinton. A tea bag denial will never change that fact. General, america does not live in your right wing tea bag bubble. Keep crying for the free stuff charity case. Thump that bible a little harder, no dumb ass tea bag much harder than that. Warren buffet and bill gates support president Obama over former governor flipper, charity cases huh? That's a fact only in right wing tea bag news, huh fanatical bible thumper?
bobby6464

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Tea bags, practice voting on the above post for voting practice, alright dumb asses?
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

They do all that ONLY for the Limbaugh nut juice guzzlers, but you would not know it racial hating tea bag. Surprise surprise no surprise there, dumb ass. Take a slow swig
Well done Obama

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

The president suggested he was sympathetic to suspicion that the shooting

may have been racially motivated.

"You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,"

Mr. Obama said.

"All of us have to do some soul-searching to figure out how does something like this happen," he continued.

"And that means that we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident."

Guns, weed and more:

The inconvenient truth about Trayvon Martin

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Follow us:@wtcommunities on Twitter

"You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,"
Trayvon M

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

I heard if someone uses that 'Hide My Ip Program ' it can contain viruses,cause you are given an IP address that you have no idea who had it last and could have attached a virus or some strange cookies.......but keep up the great work Dennis.....LMAO! OH! and check your registry.........lots a goodies in there....LOL!
DoD Coup

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

I guess I will troll this forum today...
xfactor

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>

Taxes are the cost of living in the greatest country on the planet. You get a lot for your money, so why pretend that it's all going to loafers when the facts clearly show otherwise?
Income tax is punishment for working.

Property tax is paying rent to the government for YOUR property - or is it 'your property', huh collectivist?

The IRS is the enforcement arm of the criminal Federal Reserve Banking system.

The federal leviathan is out of control, and it is theft to take MY EARNINGS and distribute them to ANYONE - period!
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

What you going to do about it dumb ass? There is two things guaranteed in life, death and taxes. You racial hating tea bags need to take that simple minded B.S to the rally.
Laura Bush

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

The real G Bush..........intelligence at its best LMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Well done Obama

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

"For the last several months,

we've heard the White House repeatedly pledge to Congress and the American people that the president's Affordable Care Act will be ready on schedule,"

Brady, the subcommittee chair, said in his opening statement.

"In fact,

Secretary Kathleen Sebelius recently insisted before this very committee that the White House would not miss another Obamacare deadline.

Not one, not again.

"Shortly thereafter, the nation learned in a blog post of the embarrassing failure by the White House to have this major pillar of the new law in place on schedule.

The Treasury Department's announcement confirms our concerns.

Obamacare is simply not ready," Brady said.

- See more at:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/house-panel-w...

Thanks for pointing out that excellent work,

Legacy.

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Dan's answer: All President's tell lies and miss deadlines. Even though I worship President Obama, I have sadly learned, he is human after all.
bobby6464

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

General, ahhhhh blow it out. Go back to bible thumping for your Limbaugh god. Your ignorance proves that's almighty. We could have saved trillions by postponing the Iraq war to never. Your a small minded part of tea bags
Well done Bennie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Watching Bernanke Day Trade The Economy

“The Federal Reserve is not currently forecasting a recession.”

Ben Bernanke, Jan. 2008

“The Federal Reserve cuts the funds rate to 0.25% and announces unconventional measures to take country out of recession.”

- Bloomberg December 2008

Yes Ben, do give us some more of your prognostications about future unemployment, inflation and growth.

In March of or 2007, Ben told us this:

“At this juncture, however, the impact on the broader economy and financial markets of the problems in the sub-prime market seems likely to be contained.

In particular, mortgages to prime borrowers and fixed-rate mortgages to all classes of borrowers continue to perform well, with low rates of delinquency.”

Hey Ben, what are your feelings on assisting banks and other lenders should they get in trouble?

“It is not the responsibility of the Federal Reserve

– nor would it be appropriate

– to protect lenders and investors from the consequences of their financial decisions.”–October 2007

Hey Ben I’d love to know your opinion on housing.

“Housing markets are cooling a bit.

Our expectation is that the decline in activity or the slowing in activity will be moderate, that house prices will probably continue to rise.”

-May 2006

Thanks for pointing out that excellent work.

http://www.upsidetrader.com/2013/06/22/watchi...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 51 min bobby6464 3,826
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 7 hr S-L is a scam 5,395
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul 25 Fitus T Bluster 2
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE