Laura B

West Mifflin, PA

#49745 May 24, 2013
YOU BETCHA!

On wiretapping, Bush isn't listening to the Constitution
By Edward M. Kennedy | December 22, 2005

THE PRESIDENT is not above the law; he is not King George. Yet, with sorrow, we are now learning that in this great land we have an administration that has refused to follow well-crafted, longstanding procedures that require the president to get a court order before spying on people within the United States. With outrage, we learn that this administration believes that it does not have to follow the law of the land.

Not just above the law, this administration seems to be saying that it IS the law. It contends that it can decide on its own what the law is, how to interpret it, and whether or not it has to follow it. I believe that such an arrogant and expansive view of executive power would have sent chills down the spines of our Founding Fathers -- as it does for every American hearing these startling revelations today.

The president, the vice president, the secretary of state, and the attorney general tell us that the president can order domestic spying inside this country -- without judicial oversight -- under his power as commander in chief. Really? Where do they find that in the Constitution? Time and time again, this president has used his express, but limited, constitutional power to command the military to justify controversial activities -- after the fact.

The president is the commander in chief of the military. That doesn't give him the power to spy on civilians at home without any judicial oversight whatsoever, without ever revealing those activities to even well-established courts that review these matters in secrecy. Otherwise, every phone and computer in America should now come with a warning label: Warning: the privacy of your communications can no longer be guaranteed, by order of President Bush

LK HERE:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_op...
think about it

Fayetteville, PA

#49746 May 24, 2013
Laura B wrote:
YOU BETCHA!
THE PRESIDENT is not above the law; he is not King George. Yet, with sorrow, we are now learning that in this great land we have an administration that has refused to follow well-crafted, longstanding procedures that require the president to get a court order before spying on people within the United States. With outrage, we learn that this administration believes that it does not have to follow the law of the land.
Not just above the law, this administration seems to be saying that it IS the law. It contends that it can decide on its own what the law is, how to interpret it, and whether or not it has to follow it. I believe that such an arrogant and expansive view of executive power would have sent chills down the spines of our Founding Fathers -- as it does for every American hearing these startling revelations today.
The president, the vice president, the secretary of state, and the attorney general tell us that the president can order domestic spying inside this country -- without judicial oversight -- under his power as commander in chief. Really? Where do they find that in the Constitution? Time and time again, this president has used his express, but limited, constitutional power to command the military to justify controversial activities -- after the fact.
The president is the commander in chief of the military. That doesn't give him the power to spy on civilians at home without any judicial oversight whatsoever, without ever revealing those activities to even well-established courts that review these matters in secrecy. Otherwise, every phone and computer in America should now come with a warning label: Warning: the privacy of your communications can no longer be guaranteed, by order of President Bush
LK HERE:
Edward M. Kennedy, isn't he the guy that let a young woman drown in Chappaquidick? Yep, same guy. Another democrat coward that cared more about his political career then saving a woman. So he left her to die.
think about it

Fayetteville, PA

#49747 May 24, 2013
Any of you see that Sarah Ingraham, director, IRS? What's with these liberal women...they all look like male cross dressers.
bobby6464

Seattle, WA

#49748 May 24, 2013
Them BOY SCOUTS went and pissed off them racial hating tea bags, huh mentally challenged highly medicated MARISA? Did president Obama do that? Of course. Say it say it SAY IT you flaming tea bags, ahhhh

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#49749 May 24, 2013
Laura B wrote:
YOU BETCHA!
LK HERE:
Edward Kennedy and in 2005? Don't you have anything older?

Come on Muffins, aka Danny the Kid you can do better. YEAH BABY!!!!!

Seattle, WA

#49750 May 24, 2013
bobby6464 wrote:
Them BOY SCOUTS went and pissed off them racial hating tea bags, huh mentally challenged highly medicated MARISA? Did president Obama do that? Of course. Say it say it SAY IT you flaming tea bags, ahhhh
Boy Scouts and tea bags? Is there some kind of hidden message here? Way back in that little pea brain of yours are you thinking of little boys and teabagging them? You are one sick MFer.
bobby6464

Seattle, WA

#49751 May 24, 2013
Racial rogers, blame the boy scouts decision on President Obama as he made them do it. Go thump your frigging bible. You talabanjalist.
bobby6464

Seattle, WA

#49753 May 24, 2013
Now that's my little worthless racial hating taxi. Ha ha ha ahhhhhhhhh

Seattle, WA

#49754 May 25, 2013
bobby6464 wrote:
Racial rogers, blame the boy scouts decision on President Obama as he made them do it. Go thump your frigging bible. You talabanjalist.

Your post is just stupid. I'll give you a peanut so you don't starve my little dummy.
Harry Truman

West Mifflin, PA

#49756 May 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Republican rips Obama for meeting with illegal immigrants, icing out officer union
The fact that the president and the vice president are hosting illegal immigrants in the White House while constricting citizen tours and refusing to meet with immigration officers says it all, Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., said in a statement to FoxNews.com Friday.The White House will not even grant ICE officers a low-level White House meeting but invites illegal immigrants into the Oval Office.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/25/to...
The GOP is licking it's wounds from a Obama landslide victory. Try again next time ,see what clown they can throw to the wolves for the 2016 election.

Last election they were against gays, immigrants,abortion,womens rights,blacks and making sure no one had healthcare for pre exisiting conditions and of course giving out freebies to disabled vets, handicapped , and the elderly...... And you wonder why this party is coming part at the seams.

When you have no platform to run on, just bash all the minorities and moochers in the country.
Just hope they keep that train of thought while Hillary wins.

Yes folks, the GOP is the party of hatred,jealousy and old white guys.

Not enough to win an election by all means.
Imbecile

Erie, PA

#49758 May 25, 2013
I'm still trying to flesh out the details, but I'm learning through various sources and some people that president Obama deployed an IRS assassination team to Benghazi, and that since they heard that some of the State Dept. workers might have voted for Romney, they killed the consulate workers themselves under Obama's orders using a chemical weather machine that only made it look like they were killed by muslim terrorists, but that, to be safe, Obama ordered the IRS to put guns in the hands of the muslim terrorists so no one would ever suspect Obama's secret IRS faction.

Any further digging into this IRS scandal could uncover the real truth about Benghazi, but actually, that's okay, because this whole IRS scandal is actually a manufactured news story created by Obama himself to distract us all from the REAL TRUTH...which is that real reason he ended the war in Iraq is so he can have the military stateside to launch an attack against all the red states using a new zircon laser made from the bones of secretly assassinated right wing media figures that will cause the moon to sporadically launch carefully targeted asteroids at red states that will make it look like they were hit with natural disasters. That Oklahoma EF5 tornado earlier this week? Zircon moon laser.

The reason this all failed so miserably is because Obama forget to take into account the right's possession of the greatest code- and conspiracy-cracker around, Alex Jones.

It's Alex Jones' astute observational abilities and knowledge of weather weapons, secret IRS assassination teams, and reptile people from Hollow Earth that makes him so dangerous to the Obama administration.
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

#49759 May 25, 2013
Can anyone name a single point in history when Congressional hearings yielded any worthwhile results or stunning revelations?

What a meaningless waste of time this theatrical crap is. If it appears that someone did something unlawful, investigate and prosecute if warranted. Otherwise, Congress should stay the F$#K out of it and stop making our country look like a bigger collective of morons than it already is.

Seattle, WA

#49762 May 25, 2013
Harry Truman wrote:
<quoted text>The GOP is licking it's wounds from a Obama landslide victory. Try again next time ,see what clown they can throw to the wolves for the 2016 election.
Last election they were against gays, immigrants,abortion,womens rights,blacks and making sure no one had healthcare for pre exisiting conditions and of course giving out freebies to disabled vets, handicapped , and the elderly...... And you wonder why this party is coming part at the seams.
When you have no platform to run on, just bash all the minorities and moochers in the country.
Just hope they keep that train of thought while Hillary wins.
Yes folks, the GOP is the party of hatred,jealousy and old white guys.
Not enough to win an election by all means.
Keep on drinking the koolaid.
educate yourself

West Mifflin, PA

#49763 May 25, 2013
Lets see iran contra,bay of pigs,watergate,whitewater,moni cagate, iraqi intelligence failure,9/11 failure,banks swindle trillions from investors, irs, benghazi..
all investigation was a joke, oh! watergate a few got thrown into the pokey....*rolls eyes *

When the buck stops where it should the big cheese never got jail time,no slap on the wrist, they collect their salariers,perks,and healthcare,just a waste of tax payer money

why do we even bother to have hearings?
just some politicians puffing their chests out.

just like Shultz on Hogans heros ." I know nothin'! "

sure in all the senerios and others some have stepped down and propably got better jobs in the government somewhere.

they create a circus atmosphere to show the american people they are trying LOL...we are all puppets in this sick world to take the command of who ever is in charge.

no matter what lever you pull on election day nothing will change both parties are crooked and scam artists and the congress is an addition side show just sucking the money up while serving the american people.

one party is the same as the other,when you realize this maybe you'll see what really is going on in washington.
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU!

Keep voting and you can tell your friends and families and co workers that you did your civic duty by voting.

You felt good to vote, no matter what party you voted for. it was your constitutional right.

the right to put another con man in the oval office.
Blackbeard

Newark, NJ

#49764 May 25, 2013
Imbecile wrote:
I'm still trying to flesh out the details, but I'm learning through various sources and some people that president Obama deployed an IRS assassination team to Benghazi, and that since they heard that some of the State Dept. workers might have voted for Romney, they killed the consulate workers themselves under Obama's orders using a chemical weather machine that only made it look like they were killed by muslim terrorists, but that, to be safe, Obama ordered the IRS to put guns in the hands of the muslim terrorists so no one would ever suspect Obama's secret IRS faction.
Any further digging into this IRS scandal could uncover the real truth about Benghazi, but actually, that's okay, because this whole IRS scandal is actually a manufactured news story created by Obama himself to distract us all from the REAL TRUTH...which is that real reason he ended the war in Iraq is so he can have the military stateside to launch an attack against all the red states using a new zircon laser made from the bones of secretly assassinated right wing media figures that will cause the moon to sporadically launch carefully targeted asteroids at red states that will make it look like they were hit with natural disasters. That Oklahoma EF5 tornado earlier this week? Zircon moon laser.
The reason this all failed so miserably is because Obama forget to take into account the right's possession of the greatest code- and conspiracy-cracker around, Alex Jones.
It's Alex Jones' astute observational abilities and knowledge of weather weapons, secret IRS assassination teams, and reptile people from Hollow Earth that makes him so dangerous to the Obama administration.
Impressive analysis of the situation....

Keep up the good work and astute observations..

I am impressed ....it reminds me of the "new history" Texas textbooks in the GW Bush Library
Blackbeard

Newark, NJ

#49765 May 25, 2013
educate yourself wrote:
Lets see iran contra,bay of pigs,watergate,whitewater,moni cagate, iraqi intelligence failure,9/11 failure,banks swindle trillions from investors, irs, benghazi..
all investigation was a joke, oh! watergate a few got thrown into the pokey....*rolls eyes *
When the buck stops where it should the big cheese never got jail time,no slap on the wrist, they collect their salariers,perks,and healthcare,just a waste of tax payer money
why do we even bother to have hearings?
just some politicians puffing their chests out.
just like Shultz on Hogans heros ." I know nothin'! "
sure in all the senerios and others some have stepped down and propably got better jobs in the government somewhere.
they create a circus atmosphere to show the american people they are trying LOL...we are all puppets in this sick world to take the command of who ever is in charge.
no matter what lever you pull on election day nothing will change both parties are crooked and scam artists and the congress is an addition side show just sucking the money up while serving the american people.
one party is the same as the other,when you realize this maybe you'll see what really is going on in washington.
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU!
Keep voting and you can tell your friends and families and co workers that you did your civic duty by voting.
You felt good to vote, no matter what party you voted for. it was your constitutional right.
the right to put another con man in the oval office.
Still exponentially better than Romnuts
Blackbeard

Newark, NJ

#49766 May 25, 2013
GOP Dream Team for 2016 Presidential bid

Rick Santorum/ Alex Jones

Slogan "Who's your daddy?"

Since the first face all newborn infants will see is one of their faces due to the stringent intrusive anti-abortion legislation being proposed....
Blackbeard

Newark, NJ

#49769 May 25, 2013
Fish rots from the head wrote:
"Fish rots from the head"
Unless of course, "it's the black messiah"
The Teflon godfather.
Wow...

Are you trying to use sarcasm again? Hahahah very funny
you're such a wit.

And the Teflon metaphor wow just brilliant...you must compare yourself to some of the great minds in all of the Texas "new history..."

Like for example; Herman Cain Alex Jones or maybe its Glen Beck the greatest conspiracy detector of all time....hahaha I think he's on to something...not. hahahaha
Anyway in you're in excellent comany and you're just one of the great thinkers of all time...

I'm laughing very hard...no seriously this is funny...you're very clever

Hahahahhaha
Blackbeard

Newark, NJ

#49771 May 25, 2013
Damn...I just gave away my identity now everyone knows I'm actually Sister Cecilia from Holy Family...yes I had the little prick in the 4th grade. He was a real pest then and hasn't changed much I see.
I used to make him stand in the robery until he would piss his pants and then his classmates would laugh histerically at little Dennis...hahhah it was kinda funny.
I tried to correct some of his awful rude antisocial behavior but he just would continue anoying people with his incessant spell checking and psuedo-intellectual arrogance wow...what a jerk.

Damn...careless of me...

In the name of the father....etc. etc...so on and so forth

I better make my piece with the big guy huh?
Pinkbeard

Mckeesport, PA

#49773 May 25, 2013
Blackbeard wrote:
Damn...I just gave away my identity now everyone knows I'm actually Sister Cecilia from Holy Family...yes I had the little prick in the 4th grade. He was a real pest then and hasn't changed much I see.
I used to make him stand in the robery until he would piss his pants and then his classmates would laugh histerically at little Dennis...hahhah it was kinda funny.
I tried to correct some of his awful rude antisocial behavior but he just would continue anoying people with his incessant spell checking and psuedo-intellectual arrogance wow...what a jerk.
Damn...careless of me...
In the name of the father....etc. etc...so on and so forth
I better make my piece with the big guy huh?
You are just too mean for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 8 hr joesy411 5,533
power outage littlestown pa 16 hr Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov 12 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov 3 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov 3 Just a thought 11
Trick-or-treat nights set for York County areas (Oct '08) Nov 1 Batman 54
snyders/lance independent business owners news Oct 28 Krave MaMeat 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover People Search