Comments
43,681 - 43,700 of 51,299 Comments Last updated 21 hrs ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47637 Feb 27, 2013
Gringo wrote:
O'Reilly and Hannity's poll numbers are way down.
Is this the beginning of the end....?
maybe Rupert will replace them with a couple more of his "bubble-headed" bleached blondes.
That his genius strategy...but the best and still the prettiest was Deborah Norville.-she's still the best. Deborah wasn't bubble headed though. I guess that's why he got rid of her...
But just thought Id share the good news with the great Democratic friends who post on here...
Have a great day...
Wow no more Oreilly or Hannity...sounds like a liberal utopian vision
Yippeeee
Deborah Norville is very talented, but never worked for FoxNews.

Unfortunately, NBC dumped Norville in favor of Katie Colonoscopy.
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#47638 Feb 27, 2013
Really is a phoney. It uses many names. I am the real Really. Here's how you can tell. I don't debate, I just come here to call people names and make fun of them. I am also a defendef of Dan the man. The two of us have something going. Here's a hint....we are the same person...that's why I love him so much.
evening shade

Chambersburg, PA

#47639 Feb 27, 2013
And it's called Dan the Man aka, bobby6464, Really, realDave, and many others.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#47640 Feb 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "climatology community."
Climatology scientists. You know - the professional experts on the world's climate.

There is NO controversy within the international community of climatology scientists.

None.

Location hidden

#47641 Feb 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Other scientists went along with the political authority, just like today.
Do you have a source for that?

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#47644 Feb 27, 2013
Marisa, you have proven your self to be one ignorant racial hating tea bag, nothing more and nothing less. The only people who buys into your bobby6464 falsehood claim to be any one but one person who posts on this forum are only your tea bag brethren. Your delusional thinking don't mean nothing to me.
u tell me

Johnstown, PA

#47646 Feb 27, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize, you should be able to "come out" on your own terms, I shouldn't be outing you on a public forum before you have the chance to tell your family. Be strong little fruitloop.
see now that is the kind of issues i am talking about,you are so negative to everybody and you don't even know them this makes me think you are hiding something.
u tell me

Johnstown, PA

#47647 Feb 27, 2013
Really wrote:
Really is a phoney. It uses many names. I am the real Really. Here's how you can tell. I don't debate, I just come here to call people names and make fun of them. I am also a defendef of Dan the man. The two of us have something going. Here's a hint....we are the same person...that's why I love him so much.
if it looks like a duck,quacks like a duck,then it's a duck.in this case an a**hole
Reader

Chambersburg, PA

#47648 Feb 27, 2013
Whats with this Marisa obsession that a few posters have here? Dan the Man and Bobby seem to think every unknown poster that comes here is Marisa.

Bobby are you suffering from Black Man Anger Syndrome? It sure looks that way because your posts are full of racial hatred..

You are definitely suffering from Marisa Drangement Syndrome. You can't seem to stop talking about her. You got it bad, real bad.

Maybe you should seek help for your obsession and derangement disorders.

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#47649 Feb 27, 2013
Reader, your ignorant ass wishes I was someone who posts under multiple screen names, which is why you must believe the racial hating tea bag Marisa, huh dumb ass? the tea bags have been the cause for two lost elections and keep working on the third which will happen. The only thing you ignorant tea bags got to go on is a falsehood accusation and every non tea bag knows it. Ahhhhhhhhhh what a dumb ass tea bag

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#47650 Feb 27, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right - there IS controversy. But it's coming from those with financial interests in denying the science and the know-nothings who blindly follow them.
But there is NO controversy within the climatology community.
None.
How about a "3 strikes and you're out" policy when it comes to coastal/flood plains? House destroyed the third time, no more national bailout insurance on your beachfront property.

This would pit the climate change deniers money where their mouths are. In a free market, they now get to take all the risks vs. the reward with no government safety net as no private insurance company would play.

But realistically, the scamming insurance would. They'd just declare bankruptcy when it comes to paying out after boodles of bonuses were paid to the executives. Then place blame on the government.

"Privatize the profits, Socialize the losses" is the name of the game now.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47655 Feb 27, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Climatology scientists. You know - the professional experts on the world's climate.
There is NO controversy within the international community of climatology scientists.
None.
Name a university that offers a doctorate in "climatology" or any organization that certifies "climatologists", other than TV stations for the 11 PM news.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47657 Feb 27, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a "3 strikes and you're out" policy when it comes to coastal/flood plains? House destroyed the third time, no more national bailout insurance on your beachfront property.
This would pit the climate change deniers money where their mouths are. In a free market, they now get to take all the risks vs. the reward with no government safety net as no private insurance company would play.
But realistically, the scamming insurance would. They'd just declare bankruptcy when it comes to paying out after boodles of bonuses were paid to the executives. Then place blame on the government.
Only one bite at the apple would be better.

But floods do not have any definite correlation with climate change, let alone man-made climate change.

Nehwon

#47658 Feb 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one bite at the apple would be better.
But floods do not have any definite correlation with climate change, let alone man-made climate change.
I was thinking of people building in a hundred year flood plain. That should be an extraordinary event but building there should take a precaution in the event of a hundred year flood.

Example - Scranton, PA was prone to flooding so they built levees on the Susquehanna river. Not long after, Hurricane Agnes parked itself over the city and dumped tons of rain beyond all expectations and overwhelmed the levees built. Another government failure because they didn't account for an extraordinary event like a hurricane parking itself over NE PA?

Whether climate change is man made or not, there looks to be a shift in the climate. This is not new in the history of the Earth.

Now we have a choice - try to predict what will happen and prepare for it at a cost or ignore the warnings and cry "all is well this quarter!"

A crude analogy might be you are standing on railroad tracks.
The lights go on.
"False alarm". you might say.
The gates start coming down.
"Bogus. The gate maintenance workers are just trying to protect their government jobs."
Train runs you down.
"Uncle Sam! Help me!"
And Uncle Sam replies "Sorry. We need to keep the trains running for those not standing on the tracks."

And if you think the researchers are living high off the government teats, consider how much money is available as a whole vs. CEO bonuses.

The person trying to find a cure for a cancer over a decade is so less important than a CEO spinning PR to maintain the stock price this quarter.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47659 Feb 27, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking of people building in a hundred year flood plain. That should be an extraordinary event but building there should take a precaution in the event of a hundred year flood.
Example - Scranton, PA was prone to flooding so they built levees on the Susquehanna river. Not long after, Hurricane Agnes parked itself over the city and dumped tons of rain beyond all expectations and overwhelmed the levees built. Another government failure because they didn't account for an extraordinary event like a hurricane parking itself over NE PA?
Whether climate change is man made or not, there looks to be a shift in the climate. This is not new in the history of the Earth.
Now we have a choice - try to predict what will happen and prepare for it at a cost or ignore the warnings and cry "all is well this quarter!"
A crude analogy might be you are standing on railroad tracks.
The lights go on.
"False alarm". you might say.
The gates start coming down.
"Bogus. The gate maintenance workers are just trying to protect their government jobs."
Train runs you down.
"Uncle Sam! Help me!"
And Uncle Sam replies "Sorry. We need to keep the trains running for those not standing on the tracks."
And if you think the researchers are living high off the government teats, consider how much money is available as a whole vs. CEO bonuses.
The person trying to find a cure for a cancer over a decade is so less important than a CEO spinning PR to maintain the stock price this quarter.
Government disaster relief should not be eligible for use to rebuild in a flood plain.

Nehwon

#47660 Feb 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Government disaster relief should not be eligible for use to rebuild in a flood plain.
What if there is a break even point?

Say the tax revenues from the owners of prime real estate of coastal Florida or NC outer banks development yields a tiny return. Keep insuring them at a cost to everyone else?

What about New Orleans? From what I see, that city is doomed to submersion. The aftermath of Katrina was a prime time to relocate it a few miles to higher ground.

Location hidden

#47661 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a university that offers a doctorate in "climatology" or any organization that certifies "climatologists", other than TV stations for the 11 PM news.
Are you honestly claiming that there is no such thing as climate scientists who devote their professional careers to studying the earth's climate?

Are you actually claiming that there are not professional experts in the earth's climate?

Come on now - be serious.

Location hidden

#47662 Feb 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So you tune into the 11pm news to get the 5-day climate forecast, do you?

LOL! If you don't even know the difference between climate and weather, it's no wonder you believe there's legitimate scientific controversy regarding man-made global warming - you are embarrassingly uninformed/misinformed about climate and climate change.

Location hidden

#47663 Feb 28, 2013
Reader wrote:
Whats with this Marisa obsession that a few posters have here? Dan the Man and Bobby seem to think every unknown poster that comes here is Marisa.
You are very confused. I haven't posted anything about Marisa since November.

Location hidden

#47664 Feb 28, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point, the costs for ignoring climate change will reach the point that conservatives won't be able to ignore them anymore. Unfortunately, by then, it may well be too late and we'll have both the costs of mitigating against future warming AND the costs of the warming that's already occurred.

Typical rightwing short-sightedness - prioritizing short-term reward over long-term costs. Just like always.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 22 hr Ssl 5,426
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu Knows he lost 3,921
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Aug 15 Nicole 7
York City man charged with murdering baby Aug 9 Joe Biden 1
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... Jul '14 Black dude 1
bulllys at the work place. Jul '14 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul '14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••