Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,138)

Showing posts 42,741 - 42,760 of51,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Obama

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46172
Jan 26, 2013
 
I will not stand for these Nerf guns anymore. I have turned this over to my loose cannon the great Joe Biden. There needs to be tougher laws. We must prevent these from getting into the hands of the mentally ill. If we don't do something soon they will end up in our fine schools with more future sheeple being killed. Stand with me my sheeple and show me your support.

The Obama

-----

Justin Bieber
Investigated for Assault ...
With a Nerf Gun!

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/26/justin-bieber-n...
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46174
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
and when your gun owner finds out he needs a birth certificate with a raised seal to get the id he needs--he will realize that he has to spend around $40 to get his birth certificate.
then the gun owner will realize the problem with voter ID in PA.
besides republicans wanted voter id to help elect romney.
Most gun owners already have driver's licenses or other acceptable forms of ID.

In fact, just about everybody except fugitives and illegal aliens already have acceptable IDs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46175
Jan 26, 2013
 
TaxNoMore wrote:
.
.
.
@"Effington"
//////////
This is THE ISSUE where I agree with conservatives.
End socialized lottery sales.
Open education up to the free market, Allow "vouchers" and big tax credits for home schooling.
Pennsylvania is becoming a great right to work state, with some incredible craft breweries opening up all the time.
Bar public sector workers from collective bargaining on issues other than base wages, impose tough re-certification requirements, and bar employers from automatically deducting union dues from paychecks.
.
.
Don't be a hypocrite - if you're anti-socialism, then you have to be for this.
All state lotteries, including the Pennsylvania lottery, would be considered consumer fraud if operated by anyone other than the government.

A total ripoff victimizing the poor and the ignorant.
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46177
Jan 26, 2013
 
Effington wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so I'll admit I've been having a little trouble following this. But from what I can tell, a user named Skip to the Pee Pee is against it.
Unfortunately, I'm not seeing much of a compelling argument from either side. So let me take one....
The conservative crowd is decidedly anti government, anti union. Perhaps a simplification, but come on, that is a bit of a mantra at this point.
So why, oh why, would there be support for LITERALLY socialized alcohol sales in the state of Pennsylvania?
Well, first you have to remove the prudish, teetotaling portion of the state - those who want the guv'ment to keep their grubby hands off their guns and out of women's vaginas.
This is THE ISSUE where I agree with conservatives. End socialized wine & liquor sales. Open up the free market. Allow "distributors" to sell six packs.
Pennsylvania is becoming a great beer state, with some incredible craft breweries opening up all the time.
Don't be a hypocrite - if you're anti-socialism, then you have to be for this.
I don't really care one way or another. As long as I can get my Nattie Light, it's all aces for me. I do wish it was more convenient though.

As to the free market we can either call all things completely free or completely limited because depending on how you look at it either case could be made.

I like that you brought up the idea of people being consistent in their positions. I can look at everything as a position of good. Then it just becomes a matter of the majority rules in many (but not all) cases. There's not evil and blessed, just preferences.

Don't have a stroke people.

I'm skip the pee pee and I endorse this message ;)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46178
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree on the term "free" in free market. Example: I let you get $100 in groceries off my Access card in return for $25 cash you pay to me which I buy a fishing pole with. How did my did my $25 enter the legitimate free market, by magic? No, the free market value was in government.
That sounds like fraud, not the free market.

A good reason why welfare bums should be given groceries and not a debit card.
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46180
Jan 26, 2013
 
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All state lotteries, including the Pennsylvania lottery, would be considered consumer fraud if operated by anyone other than the government.
A total ripoff victimizing the poor and the ignorant.
Same with the stock market, the budget...
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46181
Jan 26, 2013
 
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like fraud, not the free market.
A good reason why welfare bums should be given groceries and not a debit card.
I don't agree people on welfare are necessarily bums but I agree they should get basic food stuffs as groceries, not a debit card. If they want to sell their pack of carrots on the street corner, I say go for it.

And while trading Access Card money for cash is fraud it's still a free market transaction, the subject we were discussing.
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46182
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Most gun owners already have driver's licenses or other acceptable forms of ID.
In fact, just about everybody except fugitives and illegal aliens already have acceptable IDs.
Hahaha. As a touché to the birthers we should make a law where all guns should come with a certificate showing it's date of manufacture (birth) which would have to be produced at the asking of any governmental official.

I'm saying there's any sense to it. Just that it'd be ironic ;)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46189
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
Same with the stock market, the budget...
The lottery offers an absolute guarantee that you will lose (on average) 50 cents out of every dollar that you contribute.

The stock market (on average) will offer an 8% annual return just by investing in a low-cost index fund.

That's why investors become wealthy and lottery players remain poor.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46190
Jan 26, 2013
 
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree people on welfare are necessarily bums but I agree they should get basic food stuffs as groceries, not a debit card. If they want to sell their pack of carrots on the street corner, I say go for it.
And while trading Access Card money for cash is fraud it's still a free market transaction, the subject we were discussing.
Government-facilitated fraud is not the free market.
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46191
Jan 26, 2013
 
TaxNoMore wrote:
.
.
.
skip the pee pee
Erie, PA
.
.
.
is
yooooo hooooooooo
The overpaid liberal azzwipe from eerie GE, the guy who thinks we should all pay more taxes because he feels guilty.
Sssssssssssssst. I don't think we should pay more taxes, just those that cover what we want. Wouldn't that be something special?

If with this deficit you don't want to pay more taxes it's probably because you're lazy and don't want to pay the dues to live up to your potential.

BTW how much does being Topix most annoying poster pay? Also, you seem not to know guilt from pride to not want anything from anyone I'm not willing to return value for value for.

We get stuff from government. Get over it and quit being a welfare queen.
truth

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46192
Jan 26, 2013
 
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike other failed prosecutions, Corbett waited until he had an iron-clad case against Sandusky.
The NCAA is a monopoly in violation of every antitrust law on the books and the NCAA will never take the risk of going to court. Expect a settlement in which the penalties against Penn State are substantially reduced.
As Pennsylvania’s attorney general, he investigated Sandusky for nearly two years but failed to make an arrest. But then, as governor, he blamed the university’s leaders for not doing more. A passionate defender of children who had opened a sexual predators unit in his office, Corbett had aggressively pursued such prosecutions during his career. But this time, he assigned just one investigator to the Sandusky case, say lawyers with knowledge of the arrangement, although Corbett has denied this through his spokesman. At the time, he had 14 investigators looking into the activities of Pennsylvania House Speaker Bill DeWeese, a Democrat, who was accused of having staff members use state resources for his campaign. DeWeese was convicted last February of five counts of theft, conflict of interest and criminal conspiracy. State campaign records show he accepted contributions of nearly $650,000 from current and past board members of Second Mile [Sandusky's "Charity"] and their businesses.
As governor, why did Corbett personally approve a $3 million taxpayer-funded grant to Sandusky’s Second Mile charity, given his knowledge that Sandusky was under investigation for multiple child rapes?
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46194
Jan 26, 2013
 
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
Sssssssssssssst.
I don't think we should pay more taxes, just those that cover what we want.
Wouldn't that be something special?
//////////
I want to give 2,8 million dollars a year to 312 eerie cops and fire persons?
I want to pay pay $3,300 a year in real estate taxes for a $60,000 shack you azzholes reassessed to $100,000?
pha-Q
Wouldn't that be something special?
You have a right to participate in the marketplace of ideas but you don't have any right to get the outcomes you want.

If rather than try to sway others to accept your ideas you prefer instead to be a dick who turns people off, don't blame us for your ideas not gaining acceptance.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46195
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

@TaxNoMore - I can't follow a damn thing you post. Your cut-and-paste ramblings are largely incoherent. Stop clogging up this entire forum.
The Prisoner

Polk, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46196
Jan 26, 2013
 
If you can beat Philadelphia, you keep Corbett
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46197
Jan 26, 2013
 
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The lottery offers an absolute guarantee that you will lose (on average) 50 cents out of every dollar that you contribute.
The stock market (on average) will offer an 8% annual return just by investing in a low-cost index fund.
That's why investors become wealthy and lottery players remain poor.
This only holds because you claim some average--probably different now than from the time you posted it--as if people should care about it.

Tell me one person who plays the lottery or is in the market who hopes the outcome will be that EVERYONE makes the average. IOW your so called average applies to nobody except nerdisticians not in the game.

Prove all investors become wealthy or all lottery players are poor.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46198
Jan 26, 2013
 
truth wrote:
<quoted text>As Pennsylvania’s attorney general, he investigated Sandusky for nearly two years but failed to make an arrest. But then, as governor, he blamed the university’s leaders for not doing more. A passionate defender of children who had opened a sexual predators unit in his office, Corbett had aggressively pursued such prosecutions during his career. But this time, he assigned just one investigator to the Sandusky case, say lawyers with knowledge of the arrangement, although Corbett has denied this through his spokesman. At the time, he had 14 investigators looking into the activities of Pennsylvania House Speaker Bill DeWeese, a Democrat, who was accused of having staff members use state resources for his campaign. DeWeese was convicted last February of five counts of theft, conflict of interest and criminal conspiracy. State campaign records show he accepted contributions of nearly $650,000 from current and past board members of Second Mile [Sandusky's "Charity"] and their businesses.
As governor, why did Corbett personally approve a $3 million taxpayer-funded grant to Sandusky’s Second Mile charity, given his knowledge that Sandusky was under investigation for multiple child rapes?
Sandusky had been previously investigated by the Center County District attorney, who decided not to bring charges. The thoroughness of the investigation started by Corbett resulted in a conviction.

Politicians of both parties were investigated and convicted under Corbett's direction. Corruption by elected officials is a serious crime, more important in the larger scheme of things than one highly publicized sexual predator.

Corbett approved the grant to the Second Mile charity only after Sandusky had severed all ties with the group. The actual grant was never made.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46199
Jan 26, 2013
 
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
This only holds because you claim some average--probably different now than from the time you posted it--as if people should care about it.
Tell me one person who plays the lottery or is in the market who hopes the outcome will be that EVERYONE makes the average. IOW your so called average applies to nobody except nerdisticians not in the game.
Prove all investors become wealthy or all lottery players are poor.
Anybody who stays in the market long enough in broad-based investments will be successful.

The only way to come out ahead in the lottery (or in any gambling) is to make a quick hit and then to quit permanently. The longer and the more one gambles, the more certain that one will lose.

If you spend $1000 on lottery, on average you will win $500. Spend that $500 and you will win $250. Spend that $250 and you will win $125, Spend that $125 and you will win $62.50. Spend that $62,50 and you will win $31.25. Spend that $31.25 and you will win $15.63. Spend that $15.63 and you will win $7.82.

So play the lottery every day for a week and you can turn $1000 into $7.82. Congratulations, sucker.
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46200
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who stays in the market long enough in broad-based investments will be successful.
Tricky. So you mean as long as you stay in long enough--long enough for the market to come up if it's down--you'll be fine.

That's like saying you'll come out ahead by putting your cash under your mattress--as long as you don't factor in the effects of inflation.
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46201
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So play the lottery every day for a week and you can turn $1000 into $7.82. Congratulations, sucker.
You can also turn $1000 into $1,000,000 true or false?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,741 - 42,760 of51,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Hanover Forum right now

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr Obama Wrong on Illegals 3,745
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Thu alan decker 29
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Wed Wharfs for cape cod 5,351
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
Moul Field will host fireworks despite nearby h... (Jun '08) Jul 4 Local resident 54
Klan plans rallies in Pa. (Aug '06) Jul 1 straw grasping teabaggers 372
Conewago Valley superintendent plans to retire ... Jun 17 Petal Power 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••