Who do you support for Governor in Pe...

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#45761 Jan 15, 2013
LOL From Clearfield wrote:
FEBRUARY 15, 2013 Will this be the beginning of the end for The Obama and his cohorts?
Of course not. Why would it be?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#45760 Jan 15, 2013
LOL From Clearfield wrote:
BAD, BAD knives....we need stronger knife laws.
SINKING SPRING, Pa.(AP)— A teenager has been stabbed multiple times during an altercation at a middle school in Berks County and police say a suspect is in custody.
Police say the victim was taken to the hospital after the altercation, which happened around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday at Wilson Southern Middle School. Wilson School District Superintendent Rudy Ruth says the boy is expected to recover.
The Reading Eagle reports ( http://bit.ly/V72eOI ) police say the attacker fled the building, but was arrested a short time later. The names of the youths involved were not released.
School officials did not say why the fight started, but the incident was declared over shortly before 10 a.m.
___
Information from: Reading Eagle, http://www.readingeagle.com/
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/cri.....74.php#ixz...
Oh no! A school stabbing. Were there 20 children killed and 7 adults killed?

No?

NOBODY died?

Good thing he didn't have a gun, huh?
Ray

Pittsburgh, PA

#45765 Jan 16, 2013
I sure hope the Ravens beat the Pats this weekend...
LOL From Clearfield

Clearfield, PA

#45767 Jan 16, 2013
LOL From Clearfield

Clearfield, PA

#45772 Jan 16, 2013
Obamacare affects.

WINDBER, Pa.(AP)— A southwestern Pennsylvania hospital will stop delivering babies after March 31 because its obstetricians are either leaving or refocusing their practices, and because hospital officials believe they can't afford it based on projected reimbursements under looming federal health care reforms.

The Windber Medical Center, about 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, is losing two obstetricians and two others are shifting their focus more to gynecology.

Hospital officials say the population of women of child-bearing age is dropping and that the number of births the hospital would be called upon to perform isn't enough for it to provide the service in the face of lower reimbursements under the federal Affordable Care Act.

The hospital delivered about 200 babies each year since restarting its obstetrics program in 2005.

Officials aren't sure how many jobs will be lost.
John Boner

West Mifflin, PA

#45773 Jan 16, 2013
While the GOP hollers "cut back on spending!",,,,,,,,,under the Bush Administration back in 2007 spends 220K bathroom upgrade for interior secretary's private shithouse..........
"
"
"
"
"

The Interior Department said the renovations were needed because of water leaks ( faucet was dripping ) in the old bathroom and said upgrades happened before President Barack Obama and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar took office.

"Let's cut entitlements for these freeloaders getting handouts!"
-Mitch McConnell
"
"
"
"

"Too many handouts for the poor and lazy wasting taxpayer money!!" - Paul Ryan

"
"
"
"
"

Soon to come:
"
"
"
"
"
"

More sales at Home Depot later this week!!!!
"
"
"

Super "special" 2 day sale on bathroom refrigerators........

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/audit-ta...
Franklin Templeton

United States

#45776 Jan 16, 2013
Where's the outrage...

So the NRA runs frign everything....

Many paid off politicians all loyal to a mob armed to the hilt...
In order to sell more bullets that end up massacering kids now...

They're all bought and paid for now...

Sickening if you ask me....

Democracy is losing to the mob....trying to overrule our elected officials including our democratically elected president.
Chrs

Pittsburgh, PA

#45777 Jan 16, 2013
I'm constipated....

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

#45778 Jan 16, 2013
While the GOP hollers "cut back on spending!",,,,,,,,,under the Bush Administration back in 2007 spends 220K bathroom upgrade for interior secretary's private shithouse..........
"
"
"
"
"

The Interior Department said the renovations were needed because of water leaks ( faucet was dripping ) in the old bathroom and said upgrades happened before President Barack Obama and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar took office.

"Let's cut entitlements for these freeloaders getting handouts!"
-Mitch McConnell
"
"
"
"

"Too many handouts for the poor and lazy wasting taxpayer money!!" - Paul Ryan

"
"
"
"
"

Soon to come:
"
"
"
"
"
"

More sales at Home Depot later this week!!!!
"
"
"

Super "special" 2 day sale on bathroom refrigerators........

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/audit-ta ...

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

#45781 Jan 16, 2013
Chrs wrote:
I'm constipated....
Dan the Man is ready to unplug you.
right off

Erie, PA

#45782 Jan 16, 2013
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
Obama’s 2006 speech on the debt limit
“Mr. President, I rise today to talk about America’s debt problem.
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.
It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills.”
Here, Obama is sounding a bit Tea Partyish.
“It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government’s reckless fiscal policies.
Over the past five years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion.
That is ‘‘trillion’’ with a ‘‘T.’’
That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers.”
Dear Leader is very smart.
And he was right. The Bush tax breaks and 2 wars are the main reasons that the U.S. debt is where it's at.

http://www.fdbetancor.com/mythbusters/myth-2-...
George W

Levittown, PA

#45783 Jan 16, 2013
There is only one good one and that is the one hanging at the end of a rope. You people need to get over it. Crying about this crap will drive you nuts.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#45785 Jan 16, 2013
How the F!@# can this Corbett guy sell the Lottery to a UK company on the sly, and no one is talking about it? This is the "governor" topic right, so lets get back on topic for a minute.

If Rendell pulled this, the conservatives would be in a tizzy. So we can't privatize the state stores, but the Lottery gets sold to a foreign company without a bidding process?

Come on.
Franklin Templeton

Washington, DC

#45787 Jan 16, 2013
Effington wrote:
How the F!@# can this Corbett guy sell the Lottery to a UK company on the sly, and no one is talking about it? This is the "governor" topic right, so lets get back on topic for a minute.
If Rendell pulled this, the conservatives would be in a tizzy. So we can't privatize the state stores, but the Lottery gets sold to a foreign company without a bidding process?
Come on.
You are 100% correct....where's the outrage vwhen these Tea Baggin crazies start acting like the true greedy bastards that they are. The Koch brothers etc. back these kinda people. Once they get in they are so friggin corrupt. They are going to destroy everything without winceing an eyelash. As long as they get some payola.

I hate the Pennsylvania mafia that ran all the numbers racquets before the lottery. These small town thugs became like little monsters in their respective towns....their power over these towns have been dimininished considerably by the state run lottery and the internet...

But now the big Corbett mafia is in place backed by his Tea Party friends will now be usurping the corruption wing of the Pennsylvania crime organization I guess....

What a louse he is for doing this...I used to play the lottery but I will never play it again...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#45788 Jan 16, 2013
I didn't really want my post to become a blanket condemnation of the Tea Party, or some sort of proclamation of a "Pennsylvania Mafia," which is inherently hilarious for someone from the NY/NJ area, but also thanks to the ridiculously stupid, awesomely bad "Amish Mafia" show that people seem to love.

But yeah, this just screams of hypocritical.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#45791 Jan 16, 2013
Ray wrote:
I sure hope the Ravens beat the Pats this weekend...
Why would anybody be a fan of a team led by a murderer?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#45792 Jan 16, 2013
Effington wrote:
Come on.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks selling the lottery smells like a personal money grab.

If this goes through, what are the odds Corbett becomes an "advisor" to that British Company when he's out of office?

My guess is the same as picking the numbers from last week's Powerball.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#45793 Jan 16, 2013
Effington wrote:
Come on.
The lottery is not being sold. This is just a management contract.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#45794 Jan 16, 2013
Franklin Templeton wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct....where's the outrage vwhen these Tea Baggin crazies start acting like the true greedy bastards that they are. The Koch brothers etc. back these kinda people. Once they get in they are so friggin corrupt. They are going to destroy everything without winceing an eyelash. As long as they get some payola.
I hate the Pennsylvania mafia that ran all the numbers racquets before the lottery. These small town thugs became like little monsters in their respective towns....their power over these towns have been dimininished considerably by the state run lottery and the internet...
But now the big Corbett mafia is in place backed by his Tea Party friends will now be usurping the corruption wing of the Pennsylvania crime organization I guess....
What a louse he is for doing this...I used to play the lottery but I will never play it again...
Only idiots play the lottery (in any state), but it does get the poor to pay their fair share of the taxes.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#45795 Jan 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The lottery is not being sold. This is just a management contract.
And with a wave of your hand and some perty words, it's all ok now.

Let's take a far fetched unlikely scenario...

The "management contract" turns out to be horribly mismanaged.

The lottery money is running out and they can't afford to pay out the annuity payments. In fact, that pension, err lottery fund was raided to pay for current operations, including huge bonuses for the C level execs. Taxpayer bailout to the rescue.

Who should I be angry with?

The state government! They sold it, err, management contracted it out! And the non-lottery taxpayers have to pay!

I know. That scenario would never happen nor has anything similar ever happened in the last 12 minutes.

At the very least, with the state running everything with the lottery, if it goes belly up, we know exactly who to blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Aug 27 Who dat 6,081
Snyder lance Aug 19 unknown 4
News Heroin problem grows in Hanover area (Nov '08) Aug 18 Joan Bennett 323
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Jul '15 Truthfull1 11
Review: Happy Nails Jul '15 George Costanza 2
News Heroin sentence 12 years (Jun '10) Jun '15 gab 93
News 12-time DUI repeater gets up to 7 years in prison (Sep '08) Apr '15 Trista Biddle 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages