Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,124)

Showing posts 42,461 - 42,480 of51,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Davesadickhead wrote:
I guess if you're a republican president. It's ok to have at least 8 attacks on embassy's and such. It's ok to have 14 billion in Iraq rebuilding funds disappear. It's ok to use your VP's prior employer for no-bid contracts for a war. A corp that the VP has stock in. It's ok to have US soil attacked, after being forewarned.
It's ok to let the infrastructure nearly collapse. And pass the tab onto the next president. As well as, put two wars on a charge card. It's ok to open park lands to drilling. So that a division of Halliburton can do it. It's ok to waiver the rest of your military service contract,because you want to be a politician. It's ok to do nothing during your last 2 years in office. knowing the fake housing boom you knew was happening, was going to implode the economy. GW Bush. He'll godown in history worse than Warren Harding.
Obama has made a plethora of errors, Benghazi among them. I'm also not keen on his failure to abolish the Patriot Act or other policies that have had an adverse effect on the privacy of citizens. He's had his share of disappointments and downfalls in judgment.

But, up until now, it all pales to what this nation endured at Bush's hands. The previous poster was absolutely correct; corruption, incompetence, conscious misdirection of the population and outright lies in virtually every forum infected the Bush era like a cancer. And I never saw the level of outrage or cries for secession or sedition then like I do under Barack Obama's presidency. The sitting president is no saint, and I doubt he'll go down as a top-tier commander-in-chief, but he has a long way to go to approach being so ghastly of a force in office.

Bush was parodied and ridiculed for sure. His actions were a staple of late night talk shows, SNL and Comedy Central. His policies and ideas were vehemently opposed and disliked. But that was it; there were no rallies calling for complete overthrow of government and no tension akin to some cold civil war. It's taken a campaign of conspiracy theories and the myriad stresses surrounding the economic slide that occurred in that time period to mobilize much of the masses against the current president.

Where was the outrage then? Where was the hostility and the bloodthirsty mobs chanting for the president's head when it was discovered that the administration had knowledge of the schemes that killed 5000 Americans in NYC? When Bush's faith-based initiatives sent millions of dollars to religious organizations, in violation of the Constitution?

I guess it just took a focus on individual finances and taxes. Because if there's one thing Americans hate, it's to have their money and lifestyles questioned.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama did not represent the people with Obama Care that was forced down the peoples throats, so take your lame excuse and stick it, dumbass.
So much stupid packed into one sentence.

First, in 2008 Obama ran on reforming healthcare and that's what he did. He was absolutely representing the people when he did that. It's one of the things we elected him to do.

Second, you're not even addressing the FACT that I posted. You're changing the subject, which is an admission that what I posted was true and you couldn't refute it.

Third, what lame excuse? I didn't make an excuse for anything. I pointed out that Obama is representing the will of the people. What's that an excuse for? How is that an excuse at all?

It's really too bad that stupid doesn't hurt. Maybe then you'd try a little harder not to say absolutely idiotic things like this.

My GOD you're an idiot!
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

We has to raize the tax on Condoms and other Birth Control products. We want more poor people in dis world so ahtaxes can go up sum more. Babies having babies is the way to go. We needs to catch up with dem China peoples. Also, hopefully Mr and Mrs Crosby will not buy dem praducts so we kin has sum more little Crosby babies.
Mrs Jackie Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

TaxYouMore wrote:
We has to raize the tax on Condoms and other Birth Control products. We want more poor people in dis world so ahtaxes can go up sum more. Babies having babies is the way to go. We needs to catch up with dem China peoples. Also, hopefully Mr and Mrs Crosby will not buy dem praducts so we kin has sum more little Crosby babies.
Thank you so much Mr. TaxYouMore.
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
My GOD you're an idiot!

You have been reported. You are dominating the site and you will be hearing from Topix police very shortly. You are also very racy and incentiary. You must be punished.
Tax No More days are numbered. Thank God.
Bubba Crosby

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TaxYouMore wrote:
You tellin dem gud Mr TaxYouMore. Now gives us sum more babies.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
In 1993 when President Bill Clinton raised taxes on the top income earners, Gingrich and the Republicans argued that the hikes would result in economic decline and result in huge deficits. They were proven wrong. The country experienced the “longest period of economic growth in U.S. history, increased business investment, 23 million jobs added, and, of course, budget surpluses.”
The same boom did not materialize after President George W. Bush enacted his tax cuts; the country experienced large deficits and the weakest job and income growth in the post-war era.
----------
Any rightwinger here able to dispute this assessment with any facts?
Is there any evidence out there - any evidence ATALL - that raising taxes depressed growth and that cutting taxes stimulates growth?
I get that these ideas have a lot of intuitive appeal, but the real-world facts simply don't bear them out.
A day later and not a single conservative has even tried to address this question.

I'm not surprised. Like the election, it's another instance of reality completely undermining their rightwing beliefs. They can't take the question seriously because it would call into question their entire political ideology.
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TaxNoMore wrote:
Dan the Man wrote:
Is there any evidence out there - any evidence AT ALL - that raising taxes depressed growth and that cutting taxes stimulates growth?
//////////
Note that, because the government is not a wealth-generating entity, the more it spends, the more resources it has to take from wealth generators.
This means that the effective level of tax here is the size of the government and nothing else.
//////////
My GOD you're an idiot!
Please just die TaxNoMore. You serve no purpose. You are just like Dave Crosby, a piece of poop.
huh

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Who's Nomore and why should he/she be taxed?
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JUST DIE TaxNoMore YOU ARE THE IDIOT. You belong in a Nursing Home. Is this all you do is rant on taxes and anyone who takes issue with you. Do you even have a life, have you seen the outdoors, a sun-set, have a friend, a loved one. So bitter, its a shame. Just Die and spare us YOUR AGONY.
cletus

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TaxNoMore wrote:
Dan the Man wrote:
Is there any evidence out there - any evidence AT ALL - that raising taxes depressed growth and that cutting taxes stimulates growth?
I get that these ideas have a lot of intuitive appeal, but the real-world facts simply don't bear them out.
//////////
Eleven states, including California, have more residents who draw money from the government—as employees, pensioners, or welfare recipients—than people employed in the private sector.
This means that roughly one-third of Americans live in states where more people receive tax dollars than pay taxes on non-government income.
the real-world facts simply don't bear them out
What are the other 10 states?
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TaxNoMore wrote:
yoooooo hoooooooo "the GE idiot"
I'll go when the obummer death panels say it's time.
Do you even have a life
What are you another one of those guess the anonymous name clowns? You have gotta be kidding. Right, let's play the guess what made-up name is writing to you like, as you say, "the GE idiot." You are senseless.

Your views are mostly obscene, your retorts are without any shame or class and you are most likely a friendless, grouchy, wanna be something that never made it close. So again do us all a favor and dissappear.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

The blood sucking Unions lost....live with it. Obama can find another way to pay the Unions back.

A great victory! Freedom of choice, don't you love it?

----------

Michigan Legislature Passes Right-to-Work Bill

Riot police are surrounding Romney State Office Building in Lansing, Michigan as demonstrations in the state continue to rage on the wake of the legislature's approval of a controversial right-to-work bill.

On Tuesday the GOP controlled state house approved a law that would make the payment of union dues voluntary for private-sector unions and most public-sector unions (police and firefighters would be exempt.) The bill was approved by a vote of 58-51 and it now moves to Republican Gov. Rick Snyder's desk, where he is expected to approve it as early as Wednesday.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/michigan-legis...

----------

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

TaxYouMore wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax No More days are numbered. Thank God.

WOW! What a hothead. So much anger expressed against Tax No More, yet nothing, not even a peep from you when Mutt vs Mitt posted his copy and paste garbage 50 or more times a day, 24/7. But that was okay with you because bashing Romney or the republicans is good in your eyes.

You really should just STFU instead of reporting Tax No More, dumbass.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

TaxYouMore wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you another one of those guess the anonymous name clowns? You have gotta be kidding. Right, let's play the guess what made-up name is writing to you like, as you say, "the GE idiot." You are senseless.
Your views are mostly obscene, your retorts are without any shame or class and you are most likely a friendless, grouchy, wanna be something that never made it close. So again do us all a favor and dissappear.
POT KETTLE?

You have such a nice way of getting your points across. lol

Sometimes I let idiots like you get the best of me and I'll give it back with nasty posts just to get under your skin. Don't take it personal, like Dan the Man does.

I treat all idiots the same.

I don't lie, I'm not a racist, I post under one ID.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
A day later and not a single conservative has even tried to address this question.
I'm not surprised. Like the election, it's another instance of reality completely undermining their rightwing beliefs. They can't take the question seriously because it would call into question their entire political ideology.
Different times, not the same as today, dumbass.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

We need to get the price of gas up between $8.00 and $13.00 per gallon. LOL

Now who said that, I forgot.
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

This is what Michigan voted for in their political representatives. Now if they don't like it, they'll just have to deal with it.

Unions are like so many other institutions in the nation. They're great in theory, in regards to bargaining and maintaining worker rights, but they've become corrupted and warped over time into their present state.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> Different times, not the same as today, dumbass.
So it never worked in the past but it will today because it's different times?

Sounds exactly like the kind of magical thinking we've come to expect from you instead of reason, logic, or rational thought.

Anybody else?

Any serious person with a brain care to explain why cutting taxes hasn't led to economic growth and raising taxes hasn't crashed the economy?

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
Only 7% of Detroit Public-School 8th Graders Proficient in Reading
( CNSNews.com )- In the public schools in Detroit, Mich., according to the U.S. Department of Education, only 7 percent of the eighth graders are grade-level proficient or better in reading.
Some public school teachers in the City of Detroit and around the state of Michigan are reportedly taking a vacation or a sick day today to protest right-to-work legislation likely to be approved by the state legislature.
//////////
“Starve the Beast”
Did you see how violent some of our well educated teachers behaved today? Pepper spray had to be used and arrests were made.

I never seen any member of the Tea Party act so violent as bobby6464 always posts. Unions lost, now live with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,461 - 42,480 of51,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 6 hr FORBES 5,086
Editor's column: How do you pronounce Gettysburg? (Aug '13) 10 hr Davenport 23
Public hearing set for 'Big Pipe' proposal Thu Davenport 8
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Wed nonyabusiness 51
York County sheriffs nab 19 in recent warrant s... Apr 13 lady 4
Police: Maryland man admits to Gettysburg Book ... Mar 29 Pink eye 22
Review: Dean's Auto Plaza (Sep '13) Mar 24 Stacy Krieger 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hanover People Search