Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Hanover Forum

Comments (Page 2,112)

Showing posts 42,221 - 42,240 of51,183
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45311
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Winston Smith is a fictional character and the protagonist of George Orwell's 1949 novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. The character was employed by Orwell as an everyman in the setting of the novel, a "central eye ...[the reader] can readily identify with".
Winston Smith works as a clerk in the Records Department of the Ministry of Truth, where his job is to rewrite historical documents so they match the constantly changing current party line. This involves revising newspaper articles and doctoring photographs—mostly to remove "unpersons," people who have fallen foul of the party. Because of his proximity to the mechanics of rewriting history, Winston Smith nurses doubts about the Party and its monopoly on truth. Whenever Winston appears in front of a telescreen, he is referred to as "6079 Smith W".

Winston meets a young woman named Julia, a fellow member of the Outer Party who also bears resentment toward the party's ways; the two become lovers. Winston soon gets in touch with O'Brien, a member of the Inner Party whom Winston believes is secretly a member of The Brotherhood, a resistance organisation dedicated to overthrowing the Party's dictatorship. Believing they have met a kindred spirit, Winston and Julia join the Brotherhood.

However, O'Brien is really an agent of the Thought Police, who have had Winston under surveillance for seven years. Winston and Julia are soon captured. Winston remains defiant when he is captured, and endures for a while under several months of extreme torture at O'Brien's hands. His spirit finally breaks, however, when he is taken into Room 101 and confronted by his worst fear: being eaten alive by rats. Terrified, he renounces Julia and pledges his loyalty to the Party. His freedom is finally and completely stripped when he accepts the assertion 2 + 2 = 5, a phrase that has entered the lexicon to represent obedience to ideology over rational truth or fact. By the end of the novel, he has reached the point of mind that the Thought Police wanted him to be at: "He loved Big Brother". Beyond his total capitulation to the party Winston's fate is left unrevealed in the novel. As Winston realises he loves Big Brother he dreams of a public trial and an execution; however the novel itself ends with Winston, presumably still in the Chestnut Tree Café, contemplating the face of Big Brother.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45312
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

truth wrote:
Winston Smith is a fictional character and the protagonist of George Orwell's 1949 novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. The character was employed by Orwell as an everyman in the setting of the novel, a "central eye ...[the reader] can readily identify with".
Winston Smith works as a clerk in the Records Department of the Ministry of Truth, where his job is to rewrite historical documents so they match the constantly changing current party line. This involves revising newspaper articles and doctoring photographs—mostly to remove "unpersons," people who have fallen foul of the party. Because of his proximity to the mechanics of rewriting history, Winston Smith nurses doubts about the Party and its monopoly on truth. Whenever Winston appears in front of a telescreen, he is referred to as "6079 Smith W".
Winston meets a young woman named Julia, a fellow member of the Outer Party who also bears resentment toward the party's ways; the two become lovers. Winston soon gets in touch with O'Brien, a member of the Inner Party whom Winston believes is secretly a member of The Brotherhood, a resistance organisation dedicated to overthrowing the Party's dictatorship. Believing they have met a kindred spirit, Winston and Julia join the Brotherhood.
However, O'Brien is really an agent of the Thought Police, who have had Winston under surveillance for seven years. Winston and Julia are soon captured. Winston remains defiant when he is captured, and endures for a while under several months of extreme torture at O'Brien's hands. His spirit finally breaks, however, when he is taken into Room 101 and confronted by his worst fear: being eaten alive by rats. Terrified, he renounces Julia and pledges his loyalty to the Party. His freedom is finally and completely stripped when he accepts the assertion 2 + 2 = 5, a phrase that has entered the lexicon to represent obedience to ideology over rational truth or fact. By the end of the novel, he has reached the point of mind that the Thought Police wanted him to be at: "He loved Big Brother". Beyond his total capitulation to the party Winston's fate is left unrevealed in the novel. As Winston realises he loves Big Brother he dreams of a public trial and an execution; however the novel itself ends with Winston, presumably still in the Chestnut Tree Café, contemplating the face of Big Brother.
Thanks for giving Winston Smith's bio. I thought everyone knew about Winston Smith and the book 1984, written by George Orwell. Obviously Hector Fuentes is clueless.
TaxNoMore

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45313
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

/////
.
.
I secretly voted for Obama.
.
.
.
Don't tell.
.
.
.
/////
Hines

Monongahela, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45314
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fire Mike Tomlin.....Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach...
Hector Fuentes

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45315
Dec 31, 2012
 
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for giving Winston Smith's bio. I thought everyone knew about Winston Smith and the book 1984, written by George Orwell. Obviously Hector Fuentes is clueless.
No, actually I never did read 1984 by George Orwell.

That was 28 years ago...it was actually fortelling the past...what an irony.

Irony...I guess you invented that literary concept too. Along with your keen obsevation of sarcasm you should have gone far in life....yet look at you..what a big waste of human flesh that you've turned out to be...all that education and still as ignorant as a human being could possibly be...what a waste.

So, where are all the flying cars....

But I will read 1984 though and I will do a critical analysis of it too...

But you're party is disintegrating before your eyes...it may be beyond hope.
Your going tol have to find some runaway racist splinter group where you can find some like minded ittelectuals who would want to overthrow the government.

They'll catch up to you one day..don't worry. I just hope you don't have the opportunity to hurt someone other than yourself....

1984. Don't tell me how it ends...were they able to ever get flying cars?

You are one dumb ass.hole...and that's a fact

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45316
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hector Fuentes wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually I never did read 1984 by George Orwell.
That was 28 years ago...it was actually fortelling the past...what an irony.
Irony...I guess you invented that literary concept too. Along with your keen obsevation of sarcasm you should have gone far in life....yet look at you..what a big waste of human flesh that you've turned out to be...all that education and still as ignorant as a human being could possibly be...what a waste.
So, where are all the flying cars....
But I will read 1984 though and I will do a critical analysis of it too...
But you're party is disintegrating before your eyes...it may be beyond hope.
Your going tol have to find some runaway racist splinter group where you can find some like minded ittelectuals who would want to overthrow the government.
They'll catch up to you one day..don't worry. I just hope you don't have the opportunity to hurt someone other than yourself....
1984. Don't tell me how it ends...were they able to ever get flying cars?
You are one dumb ass.hole...and that's a fact
Another dumbass from the slums spoke.
Hector Fuentes

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45320
Dec 31, 2012
 
Happy New Year to everybody except Winston Smith who claims to be a fictional charcter from the past....
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45321
Jan 1, 2013
 
Hector Fuentes wrote:
Happy New Year to everybody except Winston Smith who claims to be a fictional charcter from the past....
If you want to educate yourself, I suggest you read George Orwell's 1984. You'd be surprised by the similiarities of the here and now of todays government.

Ever hear of Oliver Stone? Probably clueless on him too. He 's a well known Hollywood film maker that was a big Obama supporter. No more. He recently made the comment that Obama 's America has become Orwellian.

People lke you are too clueless to see what's happening.......until it's too late.

Happy New Year To All and To All A Good Night
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45322
Jan 1, 2013
 
Hector Fuentes wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually I never did read 1984 by George Orwell.
That was 28 years ago...it was actually fortelling the past...what an irony.
Irony...I guess you invented that literary concept too. Along with your keen obsevation of sarcasm you should have gone far in life....yet look at you..what a big waste of human flesh that you've turned out to be...all that education and still as ignorant as a human being could possibly be...what a waste.
So, where are all the flying cars....
But I will read 1984 though and I will do a critical analysis of it too...
But you're party is disintegrating before your eyes...it may be beyond hope.
Your going tol have to find some runaway racist splinter group where you can find some like minded ittelectuals who would want to overthrow the government.
They'll catch up to you one day..don't worry. I just hope you don't have the opportunity to hurt someone other than yourself....
1984. Don't tell me how it ends...were they able to ever get flying cars?
You are one dumb ass.hole...and that's a fact
What are you babbling about it was 28 years ago? My gawd you are stupid! You really are clueless. No the book WAS NOT foretelling the past, it was foretelling the future you idiot!
The book was written in 1947. It takes place in 1984! DUH!

Obviously you did not comprehend truth's post on the short bio of George Orwell's 1984. Not a surprise.

Your post is just more insight as to how little you know and what a fool you are making of yourself.

By the way, learn how to spell. It' s hard to take you serious when you can't even spell simple words. By the way 2+2=4, not 5?
Hector Fuentes

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45324
Jan 1, 2013
 
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to educate yourself, I suggest you read George Orwell's 1984. You'd be surprised by the similiarities of the here and now of todays government.
Ever hear of Oliver Stone? Probably clueless on him too. He 's a well known Hollywood film maker that was a big Obama supporter. No more. He recently made the comment that Obama 's America has become Orwellian.
People lke you are too clueless to see what's happening.......until it's too late.
Happy New Year To All and To All A Good Night
There you go again "cherry picking" a persons words...then taking them comletely out of context to support your fcked up, mentally handicapped, no no no retarded is the appropriate term here, ideology...

your not very smart and you a definately not nearly as smart as you think you are....and that's a fact ....loser boy....
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45325
Jan 1, 2013
 
Hector Fuentes wrote:
<quoted text>

But you're party is disintegrating before your eyes...it may be beyond hope.
Wrong again. You assume I am a Republican. I am not. I am an Independent. I'm in the party that the Dems and GOP ( that means Grand Old Party and they are Republicans ) are always trying to win over to their side. So you see, I'm quite popular....everyone wants me!
Hector Fuentes

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45326
Jan 1, 2013
 
Wrong again lame brain....I was referring to the Whig Party

Aren't you member of the Whig Party?

Some people are comparing some independents to the Whigs too.

They were real successful...weren't they?

Are you sure you're not working for the Marisa's Clueless Detective Agency?

Or as I like to call it........MCDA.

Or in other words your Dave Rogers is starting to show...when you going to bring old Davey back huh? Did you retire him or did you just take him out back and shoot him?
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45327
Jan 1, 2013
 
Hector Fuentes wrote:
Wrong again lame brain....I was referring to the Whig Party
Aren't you member of the Whig Party?
Some people are comparing some independents to the Whigs too.
They were real successful...weren't they?
Are you sure you're not working for the Marisa's Clueless Detective Agency?
Or as I like to call it........MCDA.
Or in other words your Dave Rogers is starting to show...when you going to bring old Davey back huh? Did you retire him or did you just take him out back and shoot him?
Still displaying your stupidity.

The Republican party was founded by the Whigs, the abolisionists. Lincoln was their first candidate. The Independent party was founded in 1967 by Bill and Eileen Shearer. So tell me where did you get your information that the Whig party is similiar to the Independent party? Oh wait! I know where. You made it up or else you only half read something and took the wrong impression, you know what I mean...you have difficulty comprehending (that means understanding ) what you read.

Have you figured out the big goof you made on 1984? You know, where you said that was 28 years ago and the book is about the past not the future? That statement alone made you look like a moron. The book was written 62 years ago, not the 28 that you seem to think. One more thing, 1984 Is also considered a classic.

I really am becoming bored with you. You are not the sharpest tack in the box, in fact you are the dullest. In other words, you don't come off as very bright. I can have a more meaningful conversation with a 6 year old.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45328
Jan 1, 2013
 
Hector Fuentes wrote:
Wrong again lame brain....I was referring to the Whig Party
Aren't you member of the Whig Party?
Some people are comparing some independents to the Whigs too.
They were real successful...weren't they?
Are you sure you're not working for the Marisa's Clueless Detective Agency?
Or as I like to call it........MCDA.
Or in other words your Dave Rogers is starting to show...when you going to bring old Davey back huh? Did you retire him or did you just take him out back and shoothim?
I'm really getting to you aren't I? You know how I can tell? All you can do is call me names and curse, that's all you have....no response of intelligence. Let me TRY to educate you about the parties

Guess who has the majority of Americans registered in their party? Let me break it down in simple numbers for you
Indenpendents....40%
Democrats.....31%
GOP..........27%

So tell me "genius", how is my party unsuccessful? I can hardly wait for your idiotic response to this., that is if you can even come up with one.
Hector Fuentes

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45329
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Still displaying your stupidity.
The Republican party was founded by the Whigs, the abolisionists. Lincoln was their first candidate. The Independent party was founded in 1967 by Bill and Eileen Shearer. So tell me where did you get your information that the Whig party is similiar to the Independent party? Oh wait! I know where. You made it up or else you only half read something and took the wrong impression, you know what I mean...you have difficulty comprehending (that means understanding ) what you read.
Have you figured out the big goof you made on 1984? You know, where you said that was 28 years ago and the book is about the past not the future? That statement alone made you look like a moron. The book was written 62 years ago, not the 28 that you seem to think. One more thing, 1984 Is also considered a classic.
I really am becoming bored with you. You are not the sharpest tack in the box, in fact you are the dullest. In other words, you don't come off as very bright. I can have a more meaningful conversation with a 6 year old.
Oh man please do not respond to my posts...there's no chance of that but see if you can refrain...please im begging you to not respond

I don't have any regard for your lame perspective anyway...

So, see what you can do...

And don't respond to this either....

I'm posting whatever I fcking feel like posting though...
You see...I'm not taking the Grover Norquist type pledges that your kind does..I do solemny swear to obey Grover Norquist request for me to never raise taxes...whose the victim huhhhh whose the victim?

Your hero...Grover...ahahahh don't fckn respond to me now...

Hey how about you taking a Grover style pledge never to respond to me again....

That would work for me....
Hector Fuentes

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45330
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really getting to you aren't I? You know how I can tell? All you can do is call me names and curse, that's all you have....no response of intelligence. Let me TRY to educate you about the parties
Guess who has the majority of Americans registered in their party? Let me break it down in simple numbers for you
Indenpendents....40%
Democrats.....31%
GOP..........27%
So tell me "genius", how is my party unsuccessful? I can hardly wait for your idiotic response to this., that is if you can even come up with one.
And who won the election with all those wonderful statistics?

I'm just baiting you...

Ahhh, ahhhh remember you pledge now don't fckn respond ...please quit responding ok
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45331
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hector Fuentes wrote:
<quoted text>
And who won the election with all those wonderful statistics?
I'm just baiting you...
Ahhh, ahhhh remember you pledge now don't fckn respond ...please quit responding ok
Okay, I'll accept your surrender and I won't humiliate you anymore.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45332
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hector Fuentes wrote:
<quoted text>
And who won the election with all those wonderful statistics?
I'm just baiting you...
Ahhh, ahhhh remember you pledge now don't fckn respond ...please quit responding ok
One last humiliation
Again it went over your head in my earlier post.

Elections are won by the Independents. Why do you think the GOP and the Dems start wooing us election time....they need us

Gawd you are stupid, that is why you don't want me to respond...I knock you down every time!

Okay now that is it..I accept your surrender!
Hector Fuentes

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45333
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>One last humiliation
Again it went over your head in my earlier post.
Elections are won by the Independents. Why do you think the GOP and the Dems start wooing us election time....they need us
Gawd you are stupid, that is why you don't want me to respond...I knock you down every time!
Okay now that is it..I accept your surrender!
Ok. Pow you got me right through the heart...

So, this is a pledge from you now....you as a person not as a screen name...
All you vast wasteland of other screen names...

Remeber your pledge....I do have little faith in you sticking to the pledge but I will know its you

1)...nobody else spell checks me....
2)...continually reminds me of his self diluded perception of.intellectual superiority hahahah
3). and I mean continually did I mention that he just goes on and on about
how smart he is to the point of ...ad nauseum)

I (TaxNoMore/Winston Smith/Dave Rogers/Boxhard) do solemny swear in the name of our supreme overlord Grover Norquist not to respond to any posts from myself better known as (Gringo, Hector Fuentes, Dr Sardonicus, Mr. Crumpets)

Common take the pledge...I beg you and Grover will be proud of your patriotic obedience
swxxxt

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45334
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

youtube.com/watch...
I dunno

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,221 - 42,240 of51,183
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hanover Discussions

Search the Hanover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr perseynicolas954 3,802
Suburban Life: Towns band together to share lov... 9 hr Black dude 1
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Jul 19 Pirates 5,382
bulllys at the work place. Jul 15 robert 1
State police probing pistol theft in Adams County Jul 14 Marilyn Newcomer 1
Paradise School 'riot': Police arrest six students (Apr '08) Jul 10 alan decker 29
Free Fourth of July fireworks shows (Jun '09) Jul 4 need to know 23
•••
•••
•••
Hanover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hanover Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••