Aspherical

Paterson, NJ

#44479 Dec 10, 2012
snooper and blabber wrote:
<quoted text>you are the one that brught the welfare king into it not me. no one was talking about dan the welfare king until you said you weren't him when no one said you were! are you slow or what? dave rogers never said you were dan the man yet you jumped all over him about it. thats why people think you are the welfare king aka dan the man. see dan the man lives here and tries to conceal it by being multiple posters. he doesn't want everyone to think he has no life or no job so he invents other posters to cover it. poor fellow. shot for all you know i could be dan the man.
Like I said.....you're frig.gin delusional

Get back on the meds ....you're confusion will diminish once you do that
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#44480 Dec 10, 2012
A new POLITICO/George Washington University Battleground Poll finds that 60 percent of respondents support raising taxes on households that earn more than $250,000 a year and 64 percent want to raise taxes on large corporations.

----------

The President is representing the will of the American people in this negotiation.

The GOP is not.

Simple as that.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#44481 Dec 10, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it's the failure of NFT (National Federation of Teachers ) and NEA (National Education Assoc.), both Unions.
Because of unions we now have teachers that can't teach.
This is not true. The union gives them the right to a hearing. Period.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#44482 Dec 10, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi
Obama lied....four people died
Now that's real disgust!!
Wow, more right whiner brilliance.

I love it...how you right whiners take the case of George Bush lying to take us to war killing 4000 soldiers & then misapply it to some action taken by Obama.

Bush's lies directly resulted in the Iraq War.

Why lie did Obama tell that got 4 killed in Libya?

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#44483 Dec 10, 2012
A victory is in the making for those who believe in freedom of choice. The Obama will have to find another way to pay the blood sucking union thugs who he's in bed with.

President Obama Bashes Michigan's Right-To-Work Push

President Barack Obama waded into a major labor dispute Monday, during a speech announcing a $120 million dollar deal for Michigan truck plant. The issue: Michigan Republicans are set to pass a right-to-work law during the state's lame-duck session. Local unions dislike that.

Right-to-work would bar unions from forcing workers to join a union, or force dues, as a condition of employment. Proponents of say the law makes states competitive and allows for free association while lowering the cost of living. Opposition to right-to-work claim it harms both unions and worker rights by creating a free-rider problem and lowers wages.

President Obama sided with the unions, decrying the legislation as an attempt to take away worker rights "to bargain for better wages and working conditions."

"What they are really talking about is giving you the right to work for less money," he said.

Governor Rick Snyder downplayed the possibility of right-to-work legislation prior to the 2012 election, but said last week he'd sign a bill if it were put on his desk. The law could pass as soon as Tuesday. If it does, then Michigan will be the 24th right-to-work state.

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3730-presid...

Seattle, WA

#44484 Dec 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, more right whiner brilliance.
I love it...how you right whiners take the case of George Bush lying to take us to war killing 4000 soldiers & then misapply it to some action taken by Obama.
Bush's lies directly resulted in the Iraq War.
Why lie did Obama tell that got 4 killed in Libya?
Get an education you dumbass. Bush lied? LOL Sorry dumbass he did not lie.

The Obama is a prime example of what a liar is.

How much has The Obama cost us with the war/conflicts he started and escalated?

Yes The Obama lied and people died, you POS.

Seattle, WA

#44485 Dec 10, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
A new POLITICO/George Washington University Battleground Poll finds that 60 percent of respondents support raising taxes on households that earn more than $250,000 a year and 64 percent want to raise taxes on large corporations.
----------
The President is representing the will of the American people in this negotiation.
The GOP is not.
Simple as that.
The Obama did not represent the people with Obama Care that was forced down the peoples throats, so take your lame excuse and stick it, dumbass.
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

#44486 Dec 10, 2012
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Get an education you dumbass. Bush lied? LOL Sorry dumbass he did not lie.
The Obama is a prime example of what a liar is.
How much has The Obama cost us with the war/conflicts he started and escalated?
Yes The Obama lied and people died, you POS.
Bush took us into Iraq based off of false data regarding weapons of mass destruction which he claimed that Hussein was hoarding. None were ever located. We've remained there regardless, and thousands of soldiers have perished. Ditto with Afghanistan, a fight that the previous administration opted to pick. Again, thousands are dead as a result.

Obama hasn't started any wars. Name one major conflict he's plunged the United States into that remotely echoes either of those ones.

Benghazi was a terrible tragedy, but to put it on the level of Iraq, Afghanistan or the 9/11 attack is such an unsound leap in logic that it's astounding. You're better than that, Dave.
Davesadickhead

Ashland, OH

#44487 Dec 10, 2012
I guess if you're a republican president. It's ok to have at least 8 attacks on embassy's and such. It's ok to have 14 billion in Iraq rebuilding funds disappear. It's ok to use your VP's prior employer for no-bid contracts for a war. A corp that the VP has stock in. It's ok to have US soil attacked, after being forewarned.
It's ok to let the infrastructure nearly collapse. And pass the tab onto the next president. As well as, put two wars on a charge card. It's ok to open park lands to drilling. So that a division of Halliburton can do it. It's ok to waiver the rest of your military service contract,because you want to be a politician. It's ok to do nothing during your last 2 years in office. knowing the fake housing boom you knew was happening, was going to implode the economy. GW Bush. He'll godown in history worse than Warren Harding.
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

#44488 Dec 11, 2012
Davesadickhead wrote:
I guess if you're a republican president. It's ok to have at least 8 attacks on embassy's and such. It's ok to have 14 billion in Iraq rebuilding funds disappear. It's ok to use your VP's prior employer for no-bid contracts for a war. A corp that the VP has stock in. It's ok to have US soil attacked, after being forewarned.
It's ok to let the infrastructure nearly collapse. And pass the tab onto the next president. As well as, put two wars on a charge card. It's ok to open park lands to drilling. So that a division of Halliburton can do it. It's ok to waiver the rest of your military service contract,because you want to be a politician. It's ok to do nothing during your last 2 years in office. knowing the fake housing boom you knew was happening, was going to implode the economy. GW Bush. He'll godown in history worse than Warren Harding.
Obama has made a plethora of errors, Benghazi among them. I'm also not keen on his failure to abolish the Patriot Act or other policies that have had an adverse effect on the privacy of citizens. He's had his share of disappointments and downfalls in judgment.

But, up until now, it all pales to what this nation endured at Bush's hands. The previous poster was absolutely correct; corruption, incompetence, conscious misdirection of the population and outright lies in virtually every forum infected the Bush era like a cancer. And I never saw the level of outrage or cries for secession or sedition then like I do under Barack Obama's presidency. The sitting president is no saint, and I doubt he'll go down as a top-tier commander-in-chief, but he has a long way to go to approach being so ghastly of a force in office.

Bush was parodied and ridiculed for sure. His actions were a staple of late night talk shows, SNL and Comedy Central. His policies and ideas were vehemently opposed and disliked. But that was it; there were no rallies calling for complete overthrow of government and no tension akin to some cold civil war. It's taken a campaign of conspiracy theories and the myriad stresses surrounding the economic slide that occurred in that time period to mobilize much of the masses against the current president.

Where was the outrage then? Where was the hostility and the bloodthirsty mobs chanting for the president's head when it was discovered that the administration had knowledge of the schemes that killed 5000 Americans in NYC? When Bush's faith-based initiatives sent millions of dollars to religious organizations, in violation of the Constitution?

I guess it just took a focus on individual finances and taxes. Because if there's one thing Americans hate, it's to have their money and lifestyles questioned.
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#44489 Dec 11, 2012
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama did not represent the people with Obama Care that was forced down the peoples throats, so take your lame excuse and stick it, dumbass.
So much stupid packed into one sentence.

First, in 2008 Obama ran on reforming healthcare and that's what he did. He was absolutely representing the people when he did that. It's one of the things we elected him to do.

Second, you're not even addressing the FACT that I posted. You're changing the subject, which is an admission that what I posted was true and you couldn't refute it.

Third, what lame excuse? I didn't make an excuse for anything. I pointed out that Obama is representing the will of the people. What's that an excuse for? How is that an excuse at all?

It's really too bad that stupid doesn't hurt. Maybe then you'd try a little harder not to say absolutely idiotic things like this.

My GOD you're an idiot!
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

#44493 Dec 11, 2012
We has to raize the tax on Condoms and other Birth Control products. We want more poor people in dis world so ahtaxes can go up sum more. Babies having babies is the way to go. We needs to catch up with dem China peoples. Also, hopefully Mr and Mrs Crosby will not buy dem praducts so we kin has sum more little Crosby babies.
Mrs Jackie Crosby

Mansfield, OH

#44497 Dec 11, 2012
TaxYouMore wrote:
We has to raize the tax on Condoms and other Birth Control products. We want more poor people in dis world so ahtaxes can go up sum more. Babies having babies is the way to go. We needs to catch up with dem China peoples. Also, hopefully Mr and Mrs Crosby will not buy dem praducts so we kin has sum more little Crosby babies.
Thank you so much Mr. TaxYouMore.
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

#44500 Dec 11, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
My GOD you're an idiot!

You have been reported. You are dominating the site and you will be hearing from Topix police very shortly. You are also very racy and incentiary. You must be punished.
Tax No More days are numbered. Thank God.
Bubba Crosby

Mansfield, OH

#44503 Dec 11, 2012
TaxYouMore wrote:
You tellin dem gud Mr TaxYouMore. Now gives us sum more babies.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#44506 Dec 11, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
In 1993 when President Bill Clinton raised taxes on the top income earners, Gingrich and the Republicans argued that the hikes would result in economic decline and result in huge deficits. They were proven wrong. The country experienced the “longest period of economic growth in U.S. history, increased business investment, 23 million jobs added, and, of course, budget surpluses.”
The same boom did not materialize after President George W. Bush enacted his tax cuts; the country experienced large deficits and the weakest job and income growth in the post-war era.
----------
Any rightwinger here able to dispute this assessment with any facts?
Is there any evidence out there - any evidence ATALL - that raising taxes depressed growth and that cutting taxes stimulates growth?
I get that these ideas have a lot of intuitive appeal, but the real-world facts simply don't bear them out.
A day later and not a single conservative has even tried to address this question.

I'm not surprised. Like the election, it's another instance of reality completely undermining their rightwing beliefs. They can't take the question seriously because it would call into question their entire political ideology.
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

#44509 Dec 11, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
Dan the Man wrote:
Is there any evidence out there - any evidence AT ALL - that raising taxes depressed growth and that cutting taxes stimulates growth?
//////////
Note that, because the government is not a wealth-generating entity, the more it spends, the more resources it has to take from wealth generators.
This means that the effective level of tax here is the size of the government and nothing else.
//////////
My GOD you're an idiot!
Please just die TaxNoMore. You serve no purpose. You are just like Dave Crosby, a piece of poop.
huh

Greencastle, PA

#44512 Dec 11, 2012
Who's Nomore and why should he/she be taxed?
TaxYouMore

Mansfield, OH

#44513 Dec 11, 2012
JUST DIE TaxNoMore YOU ARE THE IDIOT. You belong in a Nursing Home. Is this all you do is rant on taxes and anyone who takes issue with you. Do you even have a life, have you seen the outdoors, a sun-set, have a friend, a loved one. So bitter, its a shame. Just Die and spare us YOUR AGONY.
cletus

Chambersburg, PA

#44515 Dec 11, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
Dan the Man wrote:
Is there any evidence out there - any evidence AT ALL - that raising taxes depressed growth and that cutting taxes stimulates growth?
I get that these ideas have a lot of intuitive appeal, but the real-world facts simply don't bear them out.
//////////
Eleven states, including California, have more residents who draw money from the government—as employees, pensioners, or welfare recipients—than people employed in the private sector.
This means that roughly one-third of Americans live in states where more people receive tax dollars than pay taxes on non-government income.
the real-world facts simply don't bear them out
What are the other 10 states?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) Sun Fred Dough 5,489
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 3 anonymous 52
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep 20 Petal Power 1
Hanover Dating
Find my Match

Hanover Jobs