Who do you support for Governor in Pe...
Chris C

West Mifflin, PA

#42619 Nov 16, 2012
Mitt Romney, a guy who routinely pays less than 15% in taxes on millions of $ income, significantly less than my effective tax rate and that of many others who make far less than he does, has the audacity to talk about "gifts" from the government. The carried interest loophole, a gift that has benefited him so greatly over the years, is a farce. But I'm sure in his mind he somehow deserves this special treatment. What a hypocritical jerk. Thank God this clueless, aristocratic vulture capitalist lost..........
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42620 Nov 16, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>

Under the Affordable Care Act, small business owners who cover a portion of the premium for their employees' health insurance will get a tax credit for up to 50% of that cost.

So my costs for healthcare are going to drop.

The ACA is a GOOD thing.

//////////

For tax years 2010 through 2013, the maximum credit is 35 percent for small business employers and 25 percent for small tax-exempt employers such as charities.

An enhanced version of the credit will be effective beginning Jan. 1, 2014.

Additional information about the enhanced version will be added to IRS.gov as it becomes available.

In general, on Jan. 1, 2014, the rate will increase to 50 percent and 35 percent, respectively.

//////////

To be eligible, you must cover at least 50 percent of the cost of single (not family) health care coverage for each of your employees.

You must also have fewer than 25 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs).

Those employees must have average wages of less than $50,000 a year.

Let us break it down for you even more.

You are probably wondering:

what IS a full-time equivalent employee.

Basically, two half-time workers count as one full-timer.

Here is an example, 20 half-time employees are equivalent to 10 full-time workers.

That makes the number of FTEs 10 not 20.

Now let’s talk about average wages. Say you pay total wages of $200,000 and have 10 FTEs. To figure average wages you divide $200,000 by 10 – the number of FTEs – and the result is your average wage. The average wage would be $20,000.

Also, the amount of the credit you receive works on a sliding scale. The smaller the business or charity, the bigger the credit. So if you have more than 10 FTEs or if the average wage is more than $25,000, the amount of the credit you receive will be less.


//////////

Dan the Man

sez

The ACA is a GOOD thing.
Chris C

West Mifflin, PA

#42621 Nov 16, 2012
Many Republicans may be backing away from Mitt Romney's so-called "gifts" comments, but one anchor is standing right behind the former presidential candidate: Bill O'Reilly.

Romney managed to cause himself trouble even after losing the election, when statements he made on a private call to donors surfaced in the media. Romney said that President Obama beat him because of the many "gifts" he made to core constituencies like African Americans, Latinos and young people.

This line of thinking happened to line up pretty closely with O'Reilly's widely-circulated comments on Election Night. The Fox News host said that Obama was winning because people wanted "stuff" and "things" and the president was more prepared to give it to them than Romney, the defender of "traditional" values, was.

Speaking on his Thursday show, O'Reilly defended Romney, and implied that the governor had drawn inspiration from him.

Leave it to FOX to bail out another Republican..LMAO!
MJ Bethel

Chambersburg, PA

#42622 Nov 16, 2012
"It's a proven strategy, which is give a bunch of money to a group and, guess what, they'll vote for you. What I would do if I was running in four years from now-I'd say dental care ought to be included in Obamacare".
Bill Clinton in a conversation with Mitt Romney

Clinton said more about how handouts get people to vote for you.

How does it feel to be a group of people that the democrats know they can have your vote by giving you handouts? In other words, lazy, irresponsible people get democrats elected.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42623 Nov 16, 2012
Chris C wrote:
Mitt Romney, a guy who routinely pays less than 15% in taxes on millions of $ income, significantly less than my effective tax rate and that of many others who make far less than he does, has the audacity to talk about "gifts" from the government. The carried interest loophole, a gift that has benefited him so greatly over the years, is a farce. But I'm sure in his mind he somehow deserves this special treatment. What a hypocritical jerk. Thank God this clueless, aristocratic vulture capitalist lost..........
//////////

Mitt Romney, a guy who routinely pays less than 15% in taxes on millions of $ income,

//////////

Topic 409 - Capital Gains and Losses

Capital gains and deductible capital losses are reported on Form 1040, Schedule D (PDF).

If you have a net capital gain, that gain may be taxed at a lower tax rate than your ordinary income tax rates.

The term "net capital gain" means the amount by which your net long-term capital gain for the year is more than the sum of your net short-term capital loss and any long-term capital loss carried over from the previous year.

Generally, net capital gain is taxed at rates no higher than 15%.

However, for the years 2008 through 2012, some or all net capital gain may be taxed at 0%, if it would otherwise be taxed at lower rates.

There are three exceptions where capital gains may be taxed at rates greater than 15%:

The taxable part of a gain from selling Section 1202 qualified small business stock is taxed at a maximum 28% rate.

Net capital gain from selling collectibles (such as coins or art) is taxed at a maximum 28% rate.

The part of any net capital gain from selling Section 1250 real property that is required to be recaptured in excess of straight-line depreciation is taxed at a maximum 25% rate.

If you have a taxable capital gain, you may be required to make estimated tax payments.

Refer to Publication 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax, for additional information.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc409.html

.......
......
......

But I'm sure in his mind he somehow deserves this special treatment.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42624 Nov 16, 2012
Chris C wrote:
Many Republicans may be backing away from Mitt Romney's so-called "gifts" comments, but one anchor is standing right behind the former presidential candidate: Bill O'Reilly.
Romney managed to cause himself trouble even after losing the election, when statements he made on a private call to donors surfaced in the media. Romney said that President Obama beat him because of the many "gifts" he made to core constituencies like African Americans, Latinos and young people.
This line of thinking happened to line up pretty closely with O'Reilly's widely-circulated comments on Election Night. The Fox News host said that Obama was winning because people wanted "stuff" and "things" and the president was more prepared to give it to them than Romney, the defender of "traditional" values, was.
Speaking on his Thursday show, O'Reilly defended Romney, and implied that the governor had drawn inspiration from him.
Leave it to FOX to bail out another Republican..LMAO!
//////////

Romney said that President Obama beat him because of the many "gifts" he made to core constituencies like African Americans, Latinos and young people.

.
.

In 1964, upon Johnson's request, Congress passed the Revenue Act of 1964 and the Economic Opportunity Act, which was in association with the war on poverty.

Johnson set in motion bills and acts,[64] creating programs such as

Head Start,

food stamps,

Work Study,

Medicare

and Medicaid, which still exist today.
.

“I’ll have those n**-gers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

- Lyndon B. Johnson

//////////

Aug 13, 2012 – As many as 1.7 million illegal immigrants across the country are preparing to apply for a deportation deferral being offered by the Obama administration.

.
.
.

“I’ll have those wet baks voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

-Barack Hussein Øbama
bobby64

Charlotte, NC

#42625 Nov 16, 2012
Did you say that? You sure did tea bagging dumb ass. Now you can take a bow pat your self on your back. Do you feel president Obama deep thrust? Cha cha vrooom
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42626 Nov 16, 2012
Chris C wrote:
Many Republicans may be backing away from Mitt Romney's so-called "gifts" comments, but one anchor is standing right behind the former presidential candidate: Bill O'Reilly.
Romney managed to cause himself trouble even after losing the election, when statements he made on a private call to donors surfaced in the media. Romney said that President Obama beat him because of the many "gifts" he made to core constituencies like African Americans, Latinos and young people.
This line of thinking happened to line up pretty closely with O'Reilly's widely-circulated comments on Election Night. The Fox News host said that Obama was winning because people wanted "stuff" and "things" and the president was more prepared to give it to them than Romney, the defender of "traditional" values, was.
Speaking on his Thursday show, O'Reilly defended Romney, and implied that the governor had drawn inspiration from him.
Leave it to FOX to bail out another Republican..LMAO!
.
.

"gifts"

.
.

You know,

free turkeys at the homeless shelters,

obummercare,

free phones,

free food,

free condoms,

free gas,

free mortgage payments,

free education for illegals,

open borders,

cash for clunkers,

cash for caulkers,

cash for houses.

The dummies, yuppies and gimmies who voted for Obama are in the Christmas spirit.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#42627 Nov 16, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
Racist rogers, your posting does not affect patriotic Americans, boy. They are good only for amusement value, dumb ass and you must understand that much boo. You need to say a prayer for your corporate master
Dan the Man is this a racist post?

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#42628 Nov 16, 2012
Post Election Rant ...is this a racist post?

A couple of days ago, God gave the people what they wanted. This heated election season is over. We have our president. The people passed over Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate, and overwhelming lent their support for Obama and the Democrat agenda.

I can understand the peoples support for the Democrat Party. Much of what they say they stand for sounds moral and compassionate, especially concerning the poor and minority populations. Yet, my convictions and research eventually led me to reject the Democrat ideology, preferring to side with people and political parties more aligned with the morals and values consistent with my Christian faith.

I used to be a Democrat, but I am no longer. I am a registered Republican. Not because I thought the Republican Party was so righteous, but because there came a time in my life as a Democrat, that I could no longer reconcile my politics and my faith.

http://minorityrepublican.com/2012/11/11/post...

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#42629 Nov 16, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
Did you say that? You sure did tea bagging dumb ass. Now you can take a bow pat your self on your back. Do you feel president Obama deep thrust? Cha cha vrooom
Ever since LBJ declared a war on poverty the parasites in the U.S. have been consuming the host. Well, parasites, the host is finally fighting back. You made your mistake when you chose the side of the socialist instead of the capitalist. Your mistake was the failure to recognize the fact that socialism only works until you run out of other peoples money.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42630 Nov 16, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
Did you say that? You sure did tea bagging dumb ass. Now you can take a bow pat your self on your back. Do you feel president Obama deep thrust? Cha cha vrooom
//////////

Democrat owned.

//////////

I won’t go on much more, but “redistribution of wealth” and “paying your fair share,” are rooted in covetousness and there is no biblical foundation to justify our government stealing from one family to give to another.

Unless under your immediate or parental care, no one should be forced to pay for another’s health insurance, home, car, education, food, clothing or anything else.

Redistribution of wealth eventually leads to redistribution of poverty because ultimately everyone will be equal, but they will be equally poor.

http://minorityrepublican.com/2012/11/11/post ...

//////////

Obama deep thrust?

Cha cha vrooom
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42631 Nov 16, 2012
Dan the Man

sez

Educate your ignorant ass on what the ACA actually does before you say stupid shit like this.

//////////

A 40% tax on "Cadillac Health Care Plans" starting in 2018.

Those whose employers pay for all or most of comprehensive healthcare plans (costing $10,200 for an individual or $27,500 for families) will have to pay a 40% tax on the amount their employer pays.

The 2018 start date is said to have been a gift to unions, which often have comprehensive plans.( ATR.org )

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-n ...

**********

Keep RUNNING from the FACTS, loser!!!!!

They keep KICKING your Azz and you keep RUNNING!!!

It's HILARIOUS to watch!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42632 Nov 16, 2012
Dan the Man

sez

Educate your ignorant ass on what the ACA actually does before you say stupid shit like this.

//////////

The penalty/tax will be phased in from 2014 to 2016.

The minimum penalty/tax in 2016 will be $695 per person and up to 3-times that per family.

After 2016, these amounts will increase at the rate of inflation.

The minimum penalty/tax per person will start at $95 in 2014 (and then increase through 2016)

No family will ever pay more than 3X the per-person penalty, regardless of how many people are in the family.

The $695 per-person penalty is only for those who make between $9,500 and ~$37,000 per year.

If you make less than ~$9.500, you're exempt.

If you make more than ~$37,000, your penalty is calculated by the following formula...

The penalty is 2.5% of any household income above the level at which you are required to file a tax return. That level is currently $9,500 per person and $19,000 per couple. The penalty on any income above that is 2.5%. So the penalty can get expensive quickly if you make a lot of money.
However, the penalty can never be more than the cost of a "Bronze" heath insurance plan purchased through one of the state "exchanges" that will be created as part of Obamacare.

The CBO estimates that these policies will cost $4,500-$5,000 per person and $12,000-$12,500 per family in 2016, with the costs rising thereafter.

So, basically, you're looking at penalties of approximately the following at the following income levels:

Less than $9,500 income =$0

$9,500 -$37,000 income =$695

$50,000 income =$1,000

$75,000 income =$1,600
$100,000 income =$2,250
$125,000 income =$2,900
$150,000 income =$3,500
$175,000 income =$4,100
$200,000 income =$4,700
Over $200,000 = The cost of a "bronze" health-insurance plan
The IRS will collect the penalty-tax, a fact that will no doubt further enrage those who hate Obamacare.

But here's some more good news for those folks:

The IRS will not have the power to charge you criminally or seize your assets if you refuse to pay.

The IRS will only have the ability to sue you. And the most the IRS can collect from you if it wins the suit is 2X the amount you owe.

So if you want to thumb your nose at the penalty-tax, the IRS won't be able to do as much to you as they could if you refused to pay, say, income tax.

By the way, the following folks will be exempt from the penalty-tax:

Those who make less than $9,500

Employees whose employers only offer plans that cost more than 8% of the employee's income

Those with "hardships"

Members of Indian tribes

Members of certain religions that don't pay Social Security tax, such as Amish, Hutterites, or Mennonites

And, of course, Obamacare isn't free.

So, whether you pay the penalty or not, you're going to have to pay a lot of other taxes to pay for it.

Here they are >

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-is-th ...

**********

Keep RUNNING from the FACTS, loser!!!!!

They keep KICKING your Azz and you keep RUNNING!!!

It's HILARIOUS to watch!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!
bobby64

Charlotte, NC

#42633 Nov 16, 2012
That is why we have separation between church and state, dumb ass racist tea bag. Read your constitution.
ussurf

York, PA

#42634 Nov 16, 2012
Chris C wrote:
Many Republicans may be backing away from Mitt Romney's so-called "gifts" comments, but one anchor is standing right behind the former presidential candidate: Bill O'Reilly.
Romney managed to cause himself trouble even after losing the election, when statements he made on a private call to donors surfaced in the media. Romney said that President Obama beat him because of the many "gifts" he made to core constituencies like African Americans, Latinos and young people.
This line of thinking happened to line up pretty closely with O'Reilly's widely-circulated comments on Election Night. The Fox News host said that Obama was winning because people wanted "stuff" and "things" and the president was more prepared to give it to them than Romney, the defender of "traditional" values, was.
Speaking on his Thursday show, O'Reilly defended Romney, and implied that the governor had drawn inspiration from him.
Leave it to FOX to bail out another Republican..LMAO!
Bobby Jindal has the right attitude about the situation.I sure hope he runs in 2016, he already has my vote.The guy is a champion.

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#42635 Nov 16, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
That is why we have separation between church and state, dumb ass racist tea bag. Read your constitution.
In the United States, the term is an offshoot of the phrase, "wall of separation between church and state", as written in Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802. The original text reads: "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State." Jefferson reflected his frequent speaking theme that the government is not to interfere with religion.

Why is your socialist leader interfering in my religion?
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42636 Nov 16, 2012
Dan the Man

sez

Educate your ignorant ass on what the ACA actually does before you say stupid shit like this.

//////////

Educate your ignorant ass

//////////

All in all, for most people the penalty will be less than the cost of obtaining health insurance.

Many people may choose to wait until they get sick to purchase health insurance.

This is something they will be able to do because "Obamacare" does not allow health insurers to refuse to insure people with pre-existing conditions.

In addition, the penalty applies only to taxpayers who can afford insurance but do not purchase it.

.
.
.

The Congressional Budget Offices says that of the 30 million non-elderly Americans it estimates will not have health insurance in 2016, only about 6 million will be subject to the tax.

.
.
.

The remainder will be exempt because their income is too low or they qualify for another exemption.

**********

Keep RUNNING from the FACTS, loser!!!!!

They keep KICKING your Azz and you keep RUNNING!!!

It's HILARIOUS to watch!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!
Mitch M

West Mifflin, PA

#42637 Nov 16, 2012
Romney sinks quickly in Republicans’ esteem:

Ten days after failing to sail into the White House, Mitt Romney is already being tossed overboard by his party.

The former Massachusetts governor — who attracted $1 billion in funding and 59 million votes in his bid to unseat President Obama — has rapidly become persona non grata to a shell-shocked Republican Party, which appears eager to map out its future without its 2012 nominee.

Romney was by all accounts stunned at the scale of his Nov. 6 loss, dropping quickly from public view after delivering a short concession speech to a half-empty Boston arena. Then came a series of tin-eared remarks this week blaming his loss on Obama’s “gifts” to African Americans and Hispanics — putting him squarely at odds with party leaders struggling to build bridges with minorities.

“You can’t expect to be a leader of all the people and be divisive,” New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said Friday on MSNBC, adding:“Someone asked me, Why did Mitt Romney lose? And I said because he got less votes than Barack Obama, that’s why.”

It’s a remarkable fall from grace for Romney, who just 10 days ago held the chance of a Republican return to power at the White House.

I wonder who the next GOP candidate will run for the POTUS ?

LMAO!

Keep pushing the anti-black,anit-gay,anti-immig ration,anti-abortion,anti-heal thcare and you will losing and losing losing.
The GOP still thinks he's the 1960's where old white guys will win for you....LMAO!

LQQK HERE:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney...

Already Republicans have thrown Romney to the curb.....LMAO!

Up next,,,,,,,,,,FOX news reports Donald Trump filing for another bankruptcy ( 4th time ) because of casinos begin shut down by hurricane Sandy!
LMAO!

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#42638 Nov 16, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
Dan the Man
sez
Educate your ignorant ass on what the ACA actually does before you say stupid shit like this.
//////////
Educate your ignorant ass
//////////
All in all, for most people the penalty will be less than the cost of obtaining health insurance.
Many people may choose to wait until they get sick to purchase health insurance.
This is something they will be able to do because "Obamacare" does not allow health insurers to refuse to insure people with pre-existing conditions.
In addition, the penalty applies only to taxpayers who can afford insurance but do not purchase it.
.
.
.
The Congressional Budget Offices says that of the 30 million non-elderly Americans it estimates will not have health insurance in 2016, only about 6 million will be subject to the tax.
.
.
.
The remainder will be exempt because their income is too low or they qualify for another exemption.
**********
Keep RUNNING from the FACTS, loser!!!!!
They keep KICKING your Azz and you keep RUNNING!!!
It's HILARIOUS to watch!!!!
LMAO!!!!!!!
Dan the Man is Googling at this time. If he cannot back up his facts he will not reply.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 11 hr SL ibo 6,438
News Duo arrested in Littlestown car theft Tue Stimpy 3
News Hanover-Adams homeless help community dig out Feb 4 Steve Gratman 2
News Cat dies after possible abuse in Hanover Feb 4 STINKCAT 11
Pa. Game commisssion sucks (Nov '11) Feb 1 Retired Deputy 30
News Cintas plant upgrades will result in a "state-o... (Jun '08) Jan 30 Proud partner 12
News York County High School adds campus in New Oxford (Jul '08) Jan 15 Steve Gratman 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hanover Mortgages