TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41950 Nov 8, 2012
With the election out of the way, investors were on the prowl for stocks that stand to benefit under President Obama's health care reform law.

Shares of major hospital operators rallied Wednesday as investors bet that the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare, will boost those companies' bottom lines.

HCA Holdings (HCA), which operates 163 hospitals across the country, was up 7%.

Investors also bid up shares of LifePointHospitals (LPNT),

Health Management Associates (HMA),

Tenet Healthcare (THC),

Community Health Systems (CYH) and Vanguard Health Systems (VHS).

The law is expected to expand coverage to millions of patients, who would otherwise seek treatment at hospitals without any health insurance.

Under the new law, hospitals will treat fewer patients who can't pay, which should help bolster their profits.

CNNMoney had previously identified hospital operators as a potential winner if Obama were to be elected for a second term.

Meanwhile, investors punished shares of insurance companies that provide health care coverage, which will face new competition as the law is phased in over the next few years.

Humana (HUM) fell 6% in early trading.

Aetna (AET),

UnitedHealth (UNH),

WellPoint (WLP),

Cigna (CI)

and Coventry (CVH) were also under pressure.
Knuckles O Toole

Erie, PA

#41951 Nov 8, 2012
Rollout wrote:
Go Obama!
Everthing increased under your watch, GREAT job!
LMAO!
Debate??????
<chirp>
And your business declined under your watch, true or false?
Knuckles O Toole

Erie, PA

#41952 Nov 8, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
Investors still pulling money off the table
Investors pulled $1.9 billion from U.S. stock mutual funds during the latest week, bringing the year's total outflow to more than $110 billion.
As with the idea that government doesn't create jobs, so too, government doesn't control investors. Are you seriously blaming government for the free will choices of individual investors?

If individuals choose to believe nutbags that say a Muslim is in charge and will turn over our economy to followers of Allah is it the government's place to stop that?

The government doesn't work to control individuals it works to react and control as it can DESPITE what individuals control...like Fox news. Politicians of all stripes work to keep the ship of state afloat no matter the cause of individuals.

E Pluribus Unum.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41953 Nov 8, 2012
It appears Mitt Romney's campaign prepared a transition site in the event that he won.

LQQK HERE:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/07/...
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41954 Nov 8, 2012
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41955 Nov 8, 2012
Rollout!

This person is from eerie,PA

help!

The government doesn't work to control individuals

ok

it works to react

ok?

and control as it can

uummmm yeah?

DESPITE what individuals control...like Fox news.

Politicians of all stripes work to keep the ship of state afloat no matter the cause of individuals.

Gawd!

This person must have attended the eerie city school system and probably works at GE
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41956 Nov 8, 2012
Fox News Is Killing The Republican Party:

Keep drinking that FOX poison juice..........lose election after election........LOL!

LQQK HERE:
http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-is-ki...
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41957 Nov 8, 2012
Watching Rove vainly raging against the dying of the light cemented for me a view that’s been forming throughout this campaign. Fox News, widely perceived to be one of the Republican party’s greatest assets, has actually become a liability to it.

To describe Fox as a polarising broadcaster would be to give understatement a manly bear-hug. For Democrats and the liberal Left it is effectively an extension of the GOP press office, prosecuting a vicious and biased campaign against their candidates and values. For Republicans and the Right it provides a vital balance against the liberal prejudices of the Main Stream Media. But whatever the perceptions, Fox – to my mind – proved to be an albatross around the neck of Mitt Romney throughout this campaign.

I first noticed it over the whole Benghazi saga. Day after day Fox would breathlessly unleash yet another leaked cable, or internal State Department memo, exposing failures in the protection of Ambassador Stevens, his staff and his embassy. And I ignored them; firstly because there were so many ”revelations”, secondly because they were clearly being pushed as part of a wider political agenda and thirdly, because they were from Fox. And Fox, in my eyes, is synonymous with poor and partial journalism.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-is-ki...
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41958 Nov 8, 2012
If I were one of Obama’s press officers I would have been offering up a silent prayer of thanks that Fox was devoting so much time and energy to the Benghazi story. Because that provided the Democrats with their best way of keeping the issue compartmentalised.“You’re a serious outlet,” I would have told any journalists following up “You don’t honestly want to be seen to be picking up and running with something Fox is peddling do you?” And I’d have been right. They wouldn’t.

Fox, because of the nature of their political coverage, has become ghettoised in the eyes of the rest of the media. And as a result, it makes it much harder for Republican strategists to generate legs for stories or issues that Fox is leading with.

There is a second issue as well, which is that Fox has almost become the ultimate negative fact-check against Republicans. Obviously it was very, very rare for Fox to be overtly critical of Romney and his campaign. But when they were, the effect was hugely magnified.

When Fox’s news anchor Chris Wallace asked Romney political director Rich Beeson if his ads about Jeep production being shifted to China had been a “mistake”, Beeson quickly changed the subject. But the damage had already been done. The fact that “even Fox” was now questioning the truth of the ad was immediately held up by the Obama campaign – and other media outlets – as definitive proof the adverts were false and blowing back on Romney.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41959 Nov 8, 2012
This has happened before. In 2008, Joseph Wurzelbacher, a plumber from Ohio, confronted Obama about his tax policy during an election walkabout. Wurzelbacher became an immediate media sensation, and overnight was drafted in as a surrogate for the McCain camp, pushing the image of Obama as someone out of touch with ordinary America. But then Wurzelbacher overreached himself, and started venturing onto issues like foreign policy. Fox anchor Shepherd Smith – who enjoys a reputation for independence – finally snapped, and took Wurzelbacher to task for a comment he had made about how “a vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel”. Concluding the interview Smith looked directly at the camera and said “Man, it just gets frightening sometimes.” Again, the fact that it was Fox that had challenged Wurzelbacher became the story, and brought a premature end to Joe the Plumber’s burgeoning media career.

There is also one other significant way in which Fox works against those it seeks to serve. In effect, it provides a false comfort zone for conservative politicians and their supporters.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41960 Nov 8, 2012
Similarly, there were times in the campaign when I saw Karl Rove on Fox make quite a mature and compelling argument about how – despite the evidence of the polls – Romney was well placed to win. But then a few hours later I’d see Dick Morris making the same arguments in his cartoonish way. And as soon as I saw Dick Morris peddling the line, I knew for certain Rove was bluffing.

Perhaps most damaging of all was the way Fox prevented Romney and the Republicans from properly stress-testing their arguments. Time and again, a Romney surrogate would be taken apart on an issue like their economic policy or stance on abortion. But an hour later they’d be back in the Fox studio, being lobbed softballs and given a soft ride. And it lulled them and their campaign into thinking the earlier car-crash had been an aberration, just one more example of the venality of the MSM.

Obviously Fox is influential. They reach a wide audience, and are a major, well-resourced and professionally run national broadcast outlet. But I’m not so sure they’re as damaging to Democrats as Democrats fear, or as helpful to Republicans as Republicans like to think.

And as the GOP begins the process of sifting through the wreckage of its latest election defeat, it needs to learn a lesson. Just because you’re winning around Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity, it doesn’t mean you’re winning around America

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-is-ki...
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41961 Nov 8, 2012

As with the idea that government doesn't create jobs, so too, government doesn't control investors.

QE1: The Fed announced QE1 in March 2009, saying it would buy up to $300 billion in Treasuries. The purchases were combined with buying $175 billion worth of debt issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, known as agency debt, and $1.25 trillion in mortgage-backed securities backed by the two mortgage finance agencies as well as Ginnie Mae.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P 500 index jumped 2.09 per cent to 794.35 on March 18, 2009, the day of the QE1 announcement.

By the end of October of that year, the S&P had soared 30 per cent to trade at 1,036 points.

oh my!!!!!!!

30 per cent

government doesn't control investors

//////////

QE2: In November 2010, the Fed announced its QE2 program that involved the purchase of $600 billion in longer-dated Treasuries by the end of the second quarter of 2011.

This second round of Treasuries purchases was seen as critical at the time to avert deflation, a situation where a spiral of falling prices can cripple an economy for years, as was the case in Japan in the 1990s.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P rose 0.37 per cent to end at 1,197.96 on Nov. 3, 2010, the day the Fed unveiled QE2.

When it wrapped up, the index was trading at 1,320.64, up about 10.2 per cent.

oh my!!!!!!!

10.2 per cent

//////////

QE3: On Sept. 13, the Fed announced a purchase program to buy more mortgage-backed securities, and also said it would continue purchases until the labor market showed substantial improvement. Some top policymakers signaled the Fed might consider purchasing more bonds including possibly Treasuries if the economy needs more help.

MARKET BACKDROP

The S&P jumped 1.6 per cent at 1,459.99 on the day of the QE3 announcement. It rallied another 0.4 per cent the next day and touched its highest level since December 2007. A week later, it was down to 1,460.26.

oh my!!!!!!!

obummer's phony stock market

Primum viveri deinde philosophari
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

#41962 Nov 8, 2012
Mitt Romnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you now....fragment away
You're just masking a far right agenda because your party just flopped...
Need to dissassociate with your losing coalition of nut jobs.
Don't worry though there enough out there for you to from another crazy party to take votes away from the republican agenda..
We are on to your agendas now...
Please please be disatisfied with everything
We Democrats are happy very happy right now...
We Democrats do love our leaders too..
We Democrats do trust our leaders ...
We Democrats are loyal now and watch what hppens in 2016
We are not mindless drones contrary to your delusions...
But you're entitled to your bogus opinions I quess but hey so is Rush Limbaugh
xfactor has been a proponent of the third-party candidates for a long time. So I don't know where you're getting ideas about a 'far right agenda'. There's nothing 'far right' about his ideas; we share perspectives and are awaiting positive results from Obama as much as any Romney voter from this past Tuesday. He's equally criticized both sides for a long period now. That's what third-party neutrality is. It's simply a foreign idea in a nation where few are aware there are more than two options.

Neither side liked being questioned and critiqued. Both attacked third-party supporters. Obama won reelection and now we hope to see his idealistic goals come to fruition. But we're not optimistic that he won't essentially act as another dancing marionette, strings pulled by phantom corporate puppeteers.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#41963 Nov 8, 2012
Knuckles O Toole wrote:
<quoted text>
As with the idea that government doesn't create jobs, so too, government doesn't control investors. Are you seriously blaming government for the free will choices of individual investors?
If individuals choose to believe nutbags that say a Muslim is in charge and will turn over our economy to followers of Allah is it the government's place to stop that?
The government doesn't work to control individuals it works to react and control as it can DESPITE what individuals control...like Fox news. Politicians of all stripes work to keep the ship of state afloat no matter the cause of individuals.
E Pluribus Unum.

Mail call!!!!!!

As with the idea that government doesn't create jobs, so too, government doesn't control investors.

QE1: The Fed announced QE1 in March 2009, saying it would buy up to $300 billion in Treasuries. The purchases were combined with buying $175 billion worth of debt issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, known as agency debt, and $1.25 trillion in mortgage-backed securities backed by the two mortgage finance agencies as well as Ginnie Mae.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P 500 index jumped 2.09 per cent to 794.35 on March 18, 2009, the day of the QE1 announcement.

By the end of October of that year, the S&P had soared 30 per cent to trade at 1,036 points.

oh my!!!!!!!

30 per cent

//////////

QE2: In November 2010, the Fed announced its QE2 program that involved the purchase of $600 billion in longer-dated Treasuries by the end of the second quarter of 2011.

This second round of Treasuries purchases was seen as critical at the time to avert deflation, a situation where a spiral of falling prices can cripple an economy for years, as was the case in Japan in the 1990s.

MARKET IMPACT

The S&P rose 0.37 per cent to end at 1,197.96 on Nov. 3, 2010, the day the Fed unveiled QE2.

When it wrapped up, the index was trading at 1,320.64, up about 10.2 per cent.

oh my!!!!!!!

10.2 per cent

//////////

QE3: On Sept. 13, the Fed announced a purchase program to buy more mortgage-backed securities, and also said it would continue purchases until the labor market showed substantial improvement. Some top policymakers signaled the Fed might consider purchasing more bonds including possibly Treasuries if the economy needs more help.

MARKET BACKDROP

The S&P jumped 1.6 per cent at 1,459.99 on the day of the QE3 announcement. It rallied another 0.4 per cent the next day and touched its highest level since December 2007. A week later, it was down to 1,460.26.

oh my!!!!!!!

obummer's phony stock market

Primum viveri deinde philosophari
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41964 Nov 8, 2012
DO NOT get rid of Fox!
Where else would Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain and Donald Trump get a video soap box to go viral with. We can not allow them and their thoughts disappear into the ether.

Fox has done a superb job should be allowed to continue their excellent work.

I sincerely mean it. The country needs to see these people and have them tell America in their own words what they and especially the Republican Party stands for.
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41965 Nov 8, 2012
Fox has been destroying the GOP since at least 2007. They are solely responsible for creating the hyper partisan MSNBC with Keith, then Rachel and then the ultimate dildo Lawrence O'Donnell.

But the biggest tragedy with Fox is that once in a while they actually break real news that nobody else will cover because of the other networks' slight or major left wing bias. But once you cry wolf as many times as Fox has, people won't be there to hear you when something real happens
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41966 Nov 8, 2012
Sean Hannity is whining on TV now..........LMAO!
HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Man this shit is funny stuff!!
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41967 Nov 8, 2012
Just know that viewers of Fox News were recently proven (scientifically!) to be the LEAST INFORMED of any national newscast in the country.
Watch Fox, learn less.
Have you even watched PBS once? That's what straight down the middle news reporting looks like. It's kinda boring, true. That's probably why you left for Fox. Shiny things are cooler and more fun!

LMAO!

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#41968 Nov 8, 2012
Mitt vs Mutt wrote:
Fox has been destroying the GOP since at least 2007. They are solely responsible for creating the hyper partisan MSNBC with Keith, then Rachel and then the ultimate dildo Lawrence O'Donnell.
But the biggest tragedy with Fox is that once in a while they actually break real news that nobody else will cover because of the other networks' slight or major left wing bias. But once you cry wolf as many times as Fox has, people won't be there to hear you when something real happens
The election is over and you've had your fun. Are you done now or should we expect the same copy and paste messages that you are well know for?
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#41969 Nov 8, 2012
Fox News Is Killing The Republican Party !!!!!!!

LQQK HERE:
http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-is-ki...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hanover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 3 hr HMO nibblers 5,569
pump it powder (Jan '12) Mon askmetray28 39
Two charged in heroin arrest Dec 13 lady 1
power outage littlestown pa Nov 22 Pink Eye 6
Man hits boy, 4, in head with beer bottle at Ad... Nov '14 Pink Eye 7
13 charged in Littlestown drug bust (Jun '09) Nov '14 Just a thought 222
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Nov '14 Just a thought 11
Hanover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hanover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hanover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hanover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:30 am PST

NBC Sports11:30AM
Ravens sign Chris Greenwood
Bleacher Report 1:04 PM
Ravens Can't Let Banged Up Secondary Derail Playoff Hopes
CBS Sports 1:47 PM
Troy Aikman was offered Eagles QB job while announcing game in 2002
Bleacher Report 3:17 PM
Will the Eagles Regret Not Shaking Things Up Secondary?
Bleacher Report 5:55 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick